/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

lgallardo.com/en/2010/05/28/convertir-juegos-psx-a-psp-con-gtk-popstation/
leandroufcgprojects.googlecode.com/files/popstation-1.0.0.tar.gz
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFVII
github.com/Themaister/slang-shaders
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Cellphone_emulators
youtube.com/watch?v=nYwfpumeExI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Comfy.

Is there a way to make shaders work in Retroarch 1.2, specifically the VBA-M core?
It always hangs itself once I apply the settings, no matter how I set it up.
In 1.3.4, it does work but I don't want to use it because the netplay doesn't load up the correct save file despite given the correct path.
It creates a save file on my system that wasn't there before.
In Mario's Picross for example, it loaded up a save that had the first three in Easy solved when playing via netplay. Even when removing all save file data. But offline, it loaded up the correct save file which I think is weird.

When using my DS4 with MAME, if I hit up on the d-pad, it registers as up, down, etc. for both player 1 & 2 inputs, even though I only have one pad plugged in. I had a similar issue with RetroArch, where depending on the game, it thinks two controllers are plugged in so If it hit a certain button, it acts like a second player is present and will trigger an event or action based on that. How can I fix this so all my emulators can detect only one player?

>VBA-M
>1.2
>Mario's Picross
>netplay
VBA-M is totally deprecated by mGBA. But you should be playing GB/C games on Gambatte. And why, or how, are you playing GB Picross with netplay. And shaders should just werk on 1.2, but you should use a nightly build instead... I just don't understand.

If you're using an XInput wrapper, like DS4Windows, check the 'Hide DS4 Controller' setting.

I'm sorry for making such a confusing post.
Mario's Picross obviously doesn't work on VBA-M, I was just using it as an an example about the weird save file thing.
>And why, or how, are you playing GB Picross with netplay.
I am using gambatte obviously (VBA-M isn't even able to load *.gb/*.gbc files).
Also, it's comfy to play with a friend Mario's Picross, especially if you already did the puzzles and want to see him/her riddle it out. I like watching friends play games in general (although I dislike the idea of let's play videos).

Also, according to the libretro wiki, mGBA doesn't support netplay. So, there's that.

Sigh.

Sorry, being taking breaks off this place since it will benefit us all.

wat

Emugen has too many posters. He's helping. Keep up.

This article is completely misleading.

Tried that, no dice.

Also another MAME problem, in regards to the Atari 7800 driver. I've got the bios downloaded, but when I try to load a ROM via file manager, it crashes out to MAME with this error.

Yeah, that's not the only problem..

Yeah, figured I avoid this place every so often, helps with drama reduction.

>pretending you're actually relevant
nice try :)

What do people use to convert PSX ISOs to EBOOTs on Linux?

Nothing as there is no tool for this, afaik.

Actually, I was wrong.
There's apparently a tool called "GTK POPStation".
lgallardo.com/en/2010/05/28/convertir-juegos-psx-a-psp-con-gtk-popstation/

That's the first thing I tried, download link is broken

Was looking at the deb file, the other links seem to work, need to compile it for 64bit linux and I haven't done this shit for a while

no one uses isos for playstatopm

It's called PSX2PSP.
Playstation games are bin/cue format not iso, but PSX2PSP can do both.

I know that's why I asked what to use to convert them

>PSX2PSP
>GNU/Linux
Unless one is running Wine (which there is no reason to since free alternatives are most likely to exist), no dice.

WINE

Is there any way to get shaders in RetroArch to work with Vulkan? They work just fine on GL.

It can't magically conjure a save file out of thin air. For netplay the host's save data will be used, and if what you're trying to accomplish is watching a friend solve puzzles it sounds like you're connecting as client.

I've been thinking of installing a launcher for PCSX2 so that games have their own custom config, is there any one that is particularly good or they are all similiar?

I'm aware that it can't do that. Still it does despite how crazy that sounds.
Also I am actually the server, not the client. I have always been since my internet is the best among my friends.
It's not the save file from him either because it even loads after both him and I remove the save file from the directory that's specified in the config (I move it from ~/retroarch/saves to ~ while he actually deletes it).
It's also not only Mario's Picross. It's in all games that I've tried (which are quite a few).
It can't even be a misconfiguration on either side because of the removal of the save file.
Again, it does load the correct save file when playing offline. But not when playing with netplay enabled.

I don't think that there are any differences between the frontends for PCSX2.
Not that it matters much besides UI since they (should) work the same.

leave muddy alone you fucking turd

>Not that it matters much besides UI since they (should) work the same.
allright thanks

There is the original popstation.

leandroufcgprojects.googlecode.com/files/popstation-1.0.0.tar.gz

Hey /emugen/

Anyone here made a retropi with raspberry pi and have it run on a CRT? I know the audio jack can be used as an RCA out on Raspberry pi 3.

I don't know what to tell you, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Maybe try letting your buddy host instead, the bandwidth requirements should be pretty much equal for both devices in RA netplay so I don't think it'll matter who's got the better connection.

I haven't bothered trying since it can't do 240p and isn't very good for emulation anyway.

Somehow there are thousands of them, and they are being converted to PSP bootable games

I don't get it

It's the boot "animation" of the pocketstation, displayed using the terminal (each # would be a black pixel on the real LCD).

What do you mean it's not good for emulation? And what is the lowest resolution it can do? Wouldn't the emulator just output the ROM image anyways? I don't think it would letterbox it or anything of the sort.

:3

It's a cheap little ARM SoC, even when emulating SNES you'll have to make sacrifices due to the lack of power.

If the emulator "just output the ROM image" you wouldn't be able to play it. 480p, I think, is as low as the Pi can go over it's composhit output.

Aww

>actually went with PockyStation
ily user

ily2bby

Huh, I guess that makes sense. Do you use ncurses for that?

then those are all underage idiots who created those isos and possibly deleted game content. RIP

i wanna hav ur bbies simias

Nope, just a good old nested for loop.

Nest step is the libretro port. Then somebody will have to help me make a fancy PocketStation console border shader.

lewd.

Am I correct in assuming that most PSP games run at 30FPS and the odd game runs at 60FPS? Trying to gauge what I should be aiming for with PPSSPP. Crisis Core runs at 30FPS on a tablet with a few frame drops, some texture popping and some sound problems with default settings.

PPSSPP should have an option to tell you if it speed is 100%

Yeah, most games ran at 30 fps. Crisis Core included.

Ridge Racer, Tekken 6, Wipeout and OutRun 2006 (though frames tend to dip) are the only games that I noticed ran at 60 fps.

What is the best dualshock 3 app for windows? There's that one that is full of ads and spyware and I don't like it. I use that scpdriver mask or whatever which works very well, but it doesn't make use of the pressure sensitive button which makes emulating metal gear solid 2 a pain in the ass

>What is the best dualshock 3 app for windows?
>dualshock 3 app
>app

Don't fall for their nomenclature, user.

Also isn't there one in the wiki? I don't know since I already had a PC controller.

>app

>tfw Miyamoto designed a controller around Mario's Bouncy Happy Fun Time and no other games

Checked and the xinput wrapper is recommended, which I'm using. I found out I had to use the custom lilypad plugin that came with the wrapper and all works bonkers now. Great!

Well at least the emugen wiki informed you you were using the best option

yup

How the developers intended. FFVII on Android.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFVII

dear god I hate mobile
make mobile games, but keep console and mobage separate ffs

>H-how they intended
Shut the fuck up you whiny faggot. The mobile port is fine.

What's wrong with the shading?

>This application takes up around 2GB of memory. Over 4GB of free space is required to download it, so make sure that ample spare memory is available before attempting to do so.

Am I the only one that was legitimately confused by this?

The Vulkan backend uses .slang shaders. These are the only ones so far:
github.com/Themaister/slang-shaders

You need to download and install it, ergo double the space

I meant because they call storage space "memory"

Thanks for the protip though

does anyone have an emulator for denuvo virtual machine?

That reminds me, did D44M ever get cracked?

what happened to all the old mobile java games like prince of persia warrior within or assassins creed? are they lost 4eva?

There are phone Java emus, but they are pretty shit, and the software is usually pretty hard to track down.

So yeah basically. The two you listed will probably survive, but there's probably a lot of shit that's already gone for good.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Cellphone_emulators

I reckon you can find dumps of big name mobile shit like Ubisoft spin offs.

why are you defending that guy...?

does anyone have an already riced out retroarch they are willing to let me steal

Just reminded me, we never got the MGS menu.

just rice it yourselves, nerds

bump

New version of this was released, looks like it fixed quite a bit.

Any recommended settings for Berserk Millenium Falcon on pcsx2? Is there a way to get the HUD working in Hardware renderer?

Is there a way to frame limit the desmume core on retroarch? I am running Dq4 and it is way too fast

Is it possible to play Skyward Sword on Dolphin with a ds4? I keep getting a message to insert the nun chuck

Technically, but don't bother.

Just get the Wiimotion plus

What exactly was wrong with the way they did it long ago?

The way who did it? SSs controls aren't going to translate well to a pad, no matter your configuration. Get a real motion plus Wiimote.

I seem to remember dolphin supporting it back in 3.5 or so.

Get a real Wiimotion plus. People already complain about the motion controls, and you honestly think jerry rigging them up to a controller is a good idea? Like what the fuck dude.

It was a custom build that was never in master, it doesn't work well, and you have to switch settings mid-game when you use different items.

bump

What does emugen think of this Cave Story port for the Genesis?

youtube.com/watch?v=nYwfpumeExI

"Client disconnect while game running!! NetPlay is disabled. You must manually stop the game."

How the fuck do I fix this?

i love it.

>pcsx2 is a good emulator

It's hps2x64.

Hey guys, slightly off topic but Im looking to fix up a retroarch overlay border using this as a base.

Using gimp, how would I change the GBA to another color, like pink? Anyone have an idea?

is there a way to use gimp to open photoshop like a normal person?

Could you explain it in photoshop terms then?

make a rectangular selection around the text.
use the color-range tool to select the required amount of white.
use a solid color layer with the selection as a mask.
adjust the transparency and color to taste.

Thanks