>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_1

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

forbidden

> Tomb Kings still not announced

Rollan!

Every thread
Every day.

Undead shits can't compete with High Elf and Empire superiority!

FAT VAMP TATS

>I prefer Rats

Kill yourself, you are literally the cancer of this franchise

>inb4 le bacterian joice XD
No, it's just that no one cares about boring factions

Why are wood elves so low in popularity? I havent played the tabletop personally but from what I've seen they seem neat. Although that might be because I always liked "ranged" gameplays

AMD KEKS BTFO!

We did it bros!!!

I don't get it, they're both the same?

yes

>Tomb Kings won't be in the game for ages yet
>Already a frequent topic of discussion in /twg/
Truly the most anticipated of factions!

Your words mean nothing without proof. You can say this game based on 8th Edition, because of the fact that there Bretonia and no Sigmarines, but we don't know if this true or they just wanted to implement Bretonia. So until there proof that this is indeed 8th Edition and not they custome edition with part of 8th - we can't assume that this is 100% 8th.

>Getting this mad because he doesn't want a faction to be in the game
I honestly don't give a fuck about them, but if i should choose between them and something else i prefer to choose something else.

Re-posting my word-cloud from yesterday in case anyone is interested.

You mean children don't want to play with under-powered factions require skill and handwork to win with?

Its just a meme, nobody actually want to play that. as long as there are more awesome factions still missing (like dark elfes and ogre kingdoms)

I think Beastmen are the most anticipated atm
>poo
>pee

>Its just a meme

Vamp-fags are this delusional

Only after you my Egyptian friend.

I can play without stormvermins, clan rats, slaves spam shit, but who the fuck cares about different tactics, when you simply can say that after this kiddo, whom beat the shit out of my useless army, every other players who use this faction are cancer players and noobs.

Go sleep into your fucking Tomb and close this massive stone slab that you call door.

The Dawi way

>I honestly don't give a fuck about them
You seem to be writing an awful lot about them though.

>goat people

Yeah, no. I'd rather get Bretonnia, elves or even the Skavens, beastmen are fucking boring.

>chaos corruption and chaos agents everywhere
CHAOS SHITS GET OUT FROM MY LANDS
GET THE FUCK OUT

Well that's just, like, your opinion man.

I only wrote that there no more TK in AoS, so the chance for them to appear in TWW kinda low, because GW always use games to promote fucking miniatures, and then all the TK fags started shitstorm on me with their assumes about me being Vamp fag.

TK is one of the most boring factions in FB.

>GREEN AND MEAN

I kind of hope they give Beastmen something like the Orc poo pillars.

Skaven are the strongest, most interesting faction in the warhammer universe.
How can the others even compete?

CA said they want all 16 factions in the game. Tomb Kings already have an army book so are pretty much guaranteed, nobody cares about AoS because the game doesn't take place in AoS.
And
>Stop liking what I don't like
Is not an argument.

They're popular, the list is for who people think is best mechanically.

T.Skaven

Nah it's more like a fact. Beastmen are a shitty version of the chaos army with less variety.

Skavens are fucking pathetic but at least they get much more variety than the beastmen. Which is probably why we'll only get skaven much later. If they go for beastmen they'll be able to recycle half the roster of the warriors of chaos.

That's still just your opinion

SKAVEN ARE THE MOST POWERFUL FACTION

THEY HAVE THE BEST TECHNOLOGY AND CULTURE AND DESERVE TO RULE ABOVE GROUND AND THE UNDERGROUND

EMPIRE AND DWARFS ARE JUST CHILDREN PLAYING WITH TOYS COMPARED TO SKAVEN TECHNOLOGY AND EACH GREY SEER HAS MORE MAGICAL POTENTIAL IN HIS CUTE PINK NOSE THAN EVERY HIGH ELF ARCHMAGE PUT TOGETHER

SKAVEN ARE NUMBER ONE AND DESERVE TO BE IN TWW MORE THAN ANY OTHER FUCKING RACE AND IT PAINS ME THAT THEY HAVEN'T BEEN ADDED

FUCK CHAOS
FUCK ELVES
FUCK BEASTMEN PRETENDER SHITS

I'm looking at another mod for Napoleon Total War.
Should I go for Napoleon Order Of War, or La montee de l"Empire?

That concludes it

The denial is real

Tomb Kings
Tomb Kings
Tomb Kings
Tomb Kings
Tomb Kings

fuck, forgot chaos!

But now we know how relevant each faction actually is

>chaos is closing in
>horsefuckers declare war

> the game doesn't take place in AoS
Proof, please. Better the statement of Developers that this is indeed 8th edition and not custom where they decide which one add and which one ignore.

>CA said they want all 16 factions in the game.
Link or go fuck yourself.

>Stop liking what I don't like
>Is not an argument.

Where i wrote that you should stop liking what i don't like?

Yes, about as relevant as Radious and Kislev

Do you guys use Hunnic infantry or do you go full horsefucker?

B E S T
E
S
T
M A N
A
N

> Kings
> not Kangz

>no Ogres
>but Kislev and Tomb Kings
twg truly has shit taste

>Chaos most relevant

Always go full horse fucker, except for possibly one specialized siege horde. You don't want infantry to slow you down, and they can't kite, which is your main tactic.

>Greenskins wood
Gimgor Irondick truly is the greatest

>tfw I would have won that shitty quest battle but I forgot to turn down the difficulty so the AI doesn't get bullshit +100000 leadership

>FUCK SHIT KILL

>chaos > empire
THIS ACTION DOES NOT HAVE MY CONSENT

T.Skaven

>new update cranks up my driver fps from 26 to 46 on a potato processor
>Also fucks up and washes out all colors on everything.
fug, does anyone know why this could be happening?

GREY SEER THANQUOL, LORD OF THE VERMINTIDE

Finished possibly the most bizarre TWW playthrough yet. Ended the long play through controlling all of the Dawi territory, but more interestingly finished it with an alliance that included, The Empire, Bretonnia, Border Princes and *drum roll* Vampire Counts. And mind you it wasn't some shitty typical TW alliance where everyone hates each other and breaks the alliance up when a 70 strength faction declares war on one of them, every faction within the alliance held at least a 60+ diplomacy rating with one another.

ANTICIPATED FACTIONS OFFICIAL TIER LIST:

SCALY/FURRY (AKA GOD) TIER:
Lizardmen, Beastmen, Skaven

HIGH TIER:
Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Daemons

STILL NOT ANNOUNCED TIER:
Tomb Kangs

POINTY EARED, TREACHEROUS, BEARDLESS PANSY TIER:
High Elves, Wood Elves, Dark Elves

NOT GONNA HAPPEN TIER:
Chaos Dwarfs Dogs of warany expansion of minor races ;_;

Would adding mercenaries break the game?

I think I'm about to lose my Empire campaign fuck

It doesn't make sense for a lot of factions

How? Did you fuck up the start? That's the only way I can see anyone losing.

Give me your best Karl Franz /twg/

what did he mean by this?

do mods work in co-op campaigns, and do they break the game? eg. desyncs and whatnot?

If they do work, are there any fun ones that are must haves. I just started an orc and a vamp campaign yesterday and I'm having fun. The vamps raise dead in particular has been pretty silly at times for me.

Not him, but I lost my VH Empire campaign about 90 turns in from just a maelstrom of fucked shit. I've played every faction except Chaos and Empire always felt like I was walking on the razors edge of complete catastrophe compared to the others.

Example, one of the Orc hordes from real early on suddenly farts back into the Empire from the south, with a full stack and proceeds to just raze 6 towns in my core region in my less defended provinces.

How could they raze 6 towns? Didn't you have walls on everything? A single stack should manage two walled towns at best.

High Elves were so boring in how broad but still good their roster was.
Not the best but the most consistently good.

Lizardmen a best.

Fuck those fucking Skaeling, spamming those atrocious poison dogs, horsecock riders, nigger trolls, exemplar skills, raiding every fucking where, while I'm chasing the Everchosen and Prince Cocksucer in useless dwarf mountains with fucking attrition, REEEEE.

Dear /twg/

For someone who is deeply in love with Attila: TW, please tell me why would buying Rome 2 with all its DLC as it is today a bad thing.

What is STILL wrong with Rome 2 with all the addons and patches today?

Should I buy it or not? Mind you, coming from soneone who adores Attila.

It's just a worse version of Attila in everyway

If you're getting the game anyway, why not just get the base game first, try it out, and then get the DLC if you like it?

But do elaborate, please!
I need some serious opinions, because the comfy setting draws me in.

AFAIK it only lacks - burning, family tree [tho it does have minimal 'politics']... what else?

Rome 2 setting > Attila setting

Shogun 2 = Total Warhammer > Attila > Shit of the rest

I might, but I do want to hear your honest opinions as to WHY.

Read

>more bretonnia armies than VC

I doubt the accuracy of this poll

Mods

First playthrough, Chaos ripped right the fuck through the northern provinces, my main army just defeated 2 and a half full Varg stacks but lost 2/3rds of its strength, my other armies are undermanned since I was building up military infrastructure and money generating buildings like crazy, thinking I had more time.

Really not much is wrong with Rome 2 any more. Of course there's the fact that there's no family trees but you can still get some fairly interesting politics going on. I like it more than shogun 2, because shogun 2 has no variety. I like it more than attila because Attila still and will forever run like a 210 year old asthmatic tortoise with arthritis in its knees. It's honestly my favorite warscape tw game next to warhams now.

Can you elaborate? I am asking for honest opinions which are elaborated upon.

Total Warhammer is great, I admit, but to put as high as Shogun 2? It's basically Rome 2 / ATTILA styled TW with mechanics cut and spread among the factions to make them diverse. And then not all is there.

Sure, the setting is awesome and it has that comfy HOMM thing going for it.

As to Shogun 2 - I actually like Attila more.
As why does Shogun

...are unfinished buggy mess.

>NOT GONNA HAPPEN
>Chaos Dwarfs
I hate this meme, they'll be in.

Yes to everything else though, fuck elves

Any improvement in performance if you're not SLI?

Personally I always get annoyed when I play Rome 2 because there's no building browser, you can't see what your generals/agents abilities build towards and the encyclopedia is beyond shit.

The core gameplay is good enough, but it's the small things that really drive me up against the wall and prevents me from enjoying it.

>Peace is for the weak!
>Are you weak?
Well user, are you?

What is Rome 2 missing from Attila?

I seriously would like to know.
Can someone tell me?

Family trees are missing, burning on the battlefield is missing, razing is missing, religion is missing (tho it has culture in its place).

Anything else? Because truth be told, TW has more shit cut, and people seem to love it (I do too, just wondering whether I should get Rome 2 and not be dissapointed).

Except that mercs are from every race too, including orcs and undead.

meant for

I don't know but there is this

Oh, so no building browser as in Attila?
OK, first honest to god argument.

Anything else?

>Turn 267 as Dawi
>Only one faction left that doesn't even control 1/3rd of the map; Brittonia

Sigh. I finally got good, got my dream armies set up. Some for demolishing forts and structures, others specialized for anti infantry, yet I can't even flex my muscles. The game peaked way too early (turn 84) and now I'm left as a super nation with no challengers.

There needs to be more end game content or at least, some AI function that acknowledges you can take on multiple stacks of high end units en mass now. Orcs never got their giants or Araknaroks, Chaos went without Dragon orges and such, V.cunts never got more than their infantry. It just FEELS like there is a lot more content I missed out on.

I am the king of a single person empire.

>try out chaos expecting fast paced map domination and battles
>every enemy lord has 20 units of missile calvary set on skirmish mod

>Druchii still not announced
WAKE ME UP

There is too many small things to list, suffice it to say Rome 2 is missing a bunch of features added into Attila

>It's basically Rome 2 / ATTILA styled TW with mechanics cut and spread among the factions to make them diverse.

>Flying units
>Magic
>Corruption
>Quests
>Waaagh
>Grudges
>Manually guided artillery projectile/goblin

>chaos invades
>every chaos army has 12 units of marauder cavalry on skirmish mode, 2 units of trolls and the rest are cheap ass marauders

JUST

Why are people so obsessed with S2, yeah it was polished but it's just an overall boring and bland game. How can people enjoy playing with identical factions all with only the 3 same type of units.

>It's basically Rome 2 / ATTILA styled TW with mechanics cut and spread among the factions to make them diverse. And then not all is there.

Half of the new features have never been in a Total War game before.