Pokémon Go General /pgg/

>About the game
pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

>What is it?
Pokemon Go can be described simply as the Geocaching of Pokemon. Grab your smartphone, get some exercise, catch some mons, battle some people - the usual Pokemon gig.

Basic info:
As you traverse the real world, as represented on the in-game map, you'll occasionally run into tufts of rustling grass. Approaching these will end with a Pokémon appearing on the map, and clicking on it will initiate a battle.

Battles aren't between two Pokémon, though. They're between a Pokémon and your ability to swipe a Poké Ball in their direction. When you engage a Poké Ball, a colored ring will appear around the opponent. These change in size after each capture attempt. Throwing a Ball during a smaller window seems to be more effective, based on our time with the game, but that's a part we're still trying to figure out.
Going near water will attract water Pokémon. Playing at night brings out more nocturnal creatures, like Clefairy and Gastly.
Hatching Eggs: Each Egg displays the number of kilometers you must walk for the Egg to hatch. In general, the more kilometers required, the rarer the Pokémon that will hatch. A notification will appear when the Egg has hatched.
Make sure you have the Pokémon GO app open while you walk. Kilometers walked when the Pokémon GO app is closed won’t count toward hatching your Eggs.

Are Eu servers down atm for anyone else?

damn it i'm missing out on a pinsir right now

CRAWLING

US down too

Should I invest in this guy for his moveset?

Don't sideload. Just wait your fucking turn. Look what you're doing? Nobody can play because of you.

Some people need it because google play denies their phones access

>Just used an attract potion
>servers crash after 4 minutes

did this just get wasted?

No. It'll change as soon as you evolve him. Evolve first then level him up.

It will change when you evolve him. Better to do that first then see what you get I'd say. That or, if he has high potential pop him in some gym for awhile after powering him up. Even if his evo turns out to be shit later you'll be reaping sweet rewards for now.

some people should stop being poor and get a new phone

Some people will dominate you gym even if they have shit phones, faggot.

>waste 20 pokeballs on a Beedrill
>just give up
Seriously what the fuck.

But the app does work still, it's just google play not recognizing it as so. It's not the phone's hardware fault.

Fossilmon fucking WHERE

No you won't.

Yeah, because if you were in our position you would totally wait and not download the APK.

Fuck off red scum

Caught a magmar today with 453cp
Could not for the life of me find the bulbasaur or scyther in my area...

Anyone know what clicking on a pokemon in the nearby menu does? Like track them or something?
It looked like when I clicked on a mon my sprite turned in the direction i should walk in to find it, but I am terrible with directions and got all turned about when i'd start walking again

git gud

anyone else get kicked from the servers and not able to log in again?

You faggots are ruining the game for everyone who can actually play it right now. You selfish pieces of shit are actually making the game unplayable. Can you not comprehend that? Get a fucking life.

I didn't miss.
Fucker just didn't want to say inside.

Post location and what pokemon you've caught.

I just wanna catch my bro and train him to be the strongest.

I caught a Ivysaur during work today, there was a Scyther but it was all the way on someone else's property.

so should you evolve low CP or high CP pokemon?

>Being this assblasted

lmao

>1:30am
>This fucker is in the golf course across the road

Good. The whole town will soon be red and I will lead all the gyms, while your blue shit tier pokemon struggle and die.

It just focuses that pokemon. The footprints indicate how far away they are. Based on the beta it's something like, 1 paw = 20m, 2 paws = 40-60m 3 paws = 60m+

Why do you have 3 Pidgeots?

You're the one trying to get your way into a MOBILE GAME that simply isn't supported for your area. How fucking lame can you be?

>Mum the kuffars make me lose my pkmns

Look at this sperglord.

But it can be supported and not allow you to download through the official store still.

Go to the App Store or google play and it will be there

High CP. Transfer all your low CP pokemon to Willow so he can grind them into candy. The higher the CP of the pokemon the higher they will be when they evolve. My Eevee was 298CP before I evolved him into an 875 Vaporeon.

To reinforce gyms with. You get a defender bonus for every gym you have pokemon in, up to 100 coins a day. I have a bunch of Pidgeots because I catch a ton of Pidgeys in the city and get a ton of Pidgey candy, so they're easy to evolve and get a decent CP.

>tfw I went outside
Is there anything Nintendo can't do?

Not yet for Europe.

>phone has no gyro
>cant enjoy ar
>literally the selling point of the game
>uninstall

Maybe when I get a new phone in 3 years.

Can you feed pidgeys to pidgeot or do you need to evolve them?

>tfw cant evolve scyther
y live

How do you guys decide whether or not to grind up your duplicates?

Based on their skill set, starting CP?

It wasn't, I had to grab the apk from somewhere else. Despite someone else 5 feet from me at the moment being able to download it without issue.

Everyone turns off AR almost immediately. It's a nuisance.

>Can you feed pidgeys to pidgeot
Pretty much. You transfer pokemon to Professor Willow who gives you candy for whatever pokemon you gave him. All evolved forms use the candy of the original, so Pidgeot and Pidgeotto use Pidgey candy for example.

so should I power up my pokemon before evolving them if they are close to max cp already?

>tfw living in a roman and medieval city with ancient churchs, ruins and castles all around
dis gon b gud

also should i feel bad for having picked Squirtle and wanting to get in V A L O R?

>turns off ar

So whats the point? I'd rather just play real pokemon.

I turned off AR because if I'm just walking around town I don't give a shit. Orienting the camera just adds an extra bit of bullshit to throwing the pokeballs. It's annoying

CP, as soon as they evolve they get a new moveset.

Evolve them first, them raise their CP. Evolved pokemon gain more CP than non-evolved ones.

So you don't look like a faggot taking photos of everyone.

seems like valor is the easiest way to bolster gyms safely and get massive points.

See

>afraid of what people think

Veeky Forums

It's more so you don't get punched in the face for throwing your balls at the weedle on Chads gf's arse mate.

So... my understanding is that a Pokemon's potential is almost completely unrelated to whatever CP you catch it at. Just the higher on the "arc" it is, the less resources you have to spend to max it out.

Is potential tied to height and weight like people thought it was? I've heard the starters' potential is really high and all the ones I've seen so far are XL in both, which kind of makes me want to believe that...

But are height and weight randomized like Moves are at evolution? That would totally ruin any attempt to strategize.

>not going around at night to avoid people
the only reason i'm not out there yet is beacause of social anxiety

Jokes on you Indiana has no sidewalks so I'd never run into people catching pokemon in random ass hills.

why I just want to walk around and play pokemon

Their potential CP is related to your trainer level. As you level up your trainer you can level pokemon higher.
Think of your trainer level as gym badges. You need to have a certain badge for a higher level pokemon to obey you.

does location actually matter in the type of pokemon you can catch

it seems like it changes randomly

>game doesn't log in

keep trying.

I got in this morning, booted after a few hours, then it took me like 20 minutes of trying to get back in.

So how do eggs work? I've collected about 4 so far and they aren't in my items list and the incubator says it cannot be used. Do I just keep walking until something happens?

There is a fucking Gyarados in the center of my lake. WTF?!

go to pokemon, then swipe to eggs. click one and you can place it in the incubator. i recommend getting a couple at once if you can so you can hatch them fast.

Anyone else have an issue with sound disappearing from the game entirely after another app makes a sound? I was hoping I could listen to music while walking around and still get a notification sound from Pokémon Go when a Pokémon appears, but as it stands, it just mutes even if I get a text or something. Only fix I've found is a reboot of the app which sucks considering the servers are a bit unstable.

Not for the most part, but you're more likely to get water pokemon near lakes and shit. I've actually picked up a couple gastly near a building that's rumored to be haunted though.
LAKE OF RAGE

You have to use the incubator. I don't know what your issue is. You can only use one incubator for one egg at a time. Everyone has a infinite use one if you want to level multiple however, you need to pokestop.

go to your pokedex, at the top there's an eggs tab

you can put them in an incubator and they say how far you gotta walk to hatch them

WHAT COLOR IS IT

there is an eggs tab in your pokemon menu
click on egg and assign it to an incubator

but i'm from shitaly
i think they discovered we're sneaking in the game so they cut our legs

It's half, half. Lots of RNG but the RNG is informed by location.

>I've actually picked up a couple gastly near a building that's rumored to be haunted though.

3spooky5me

There's a Machamp near me, but how do I know which direction to walk to find it? There are multiple shaking brushes. Also: Are encounters random? Should I stand around shaking bushes and wait or what?

Do I need to have the pokemon screen on my phone to hear the vibrate?

>twf red gara gets snapped up and times out before you can get him
RARE
A
R
E

I woke up to an Alakazam in my backyard motherfuckers.

Time to fuck all the boipussy in these Red and Blue gyms.

TEAM YELLOW REPORTING FOR DUTY SIRS

went out to a cemetery today and caught a few ghastly.
they had 4 tombstones that were pokestops and they each gave a little blurb about the dead person
I captured the gym at the cemetery's center monument so i will have to take some screenshots when i go back tomorrow of the stops

Shaky bushes are the usual suspects. They AREN'T guaranteed mons. Mons are often near them but on the other hand a load of mons move on their own, roaming around in their little spawn radius.

Is there a way to see how rare a pokemon is?
Are there shinies?

Anyone?

INSTINCT
N
S
T
I
N
C
T

>50 CP

Which team should I join guys?

>cant login with trainer id
kill me senpaitachi

Red

Yes you retard. Don't just ask questions all willy nilly, especially easily researched and answered ones like that.

Depends on your hood, mate. I've heard that the retard Americans split red v blu so you'll want to be one of them. Best team for me is yellow as it's popular in my area and I know others who are also yellow.

INSTINCT
N
S
T
I
N
C
T

>mfw doing driveby pokestop pick ups

You're in fucking Pirie arent you. Blue scum

So what's the point of the egg incubator in the shop if you get infinite for free?

Incuberate eggs at the same time

Simultaneous hatching.

You can get a lot of eggs, get more incubators to work on multiple eggs.

Nah mate, Copper Coast area

Am I wrong here or is thast still weak af?

>waiting for your phone to charge
Gee, I want to be a damn pokemon master already.

pretty weak to start, and probably can't power up much past 300. not great.

What the fuck, if you're from Kadina im going to lose it. I go down there for work from Pirie all the time

spooky