/hg/ - Halo General

Remember Reach Edition

The Warzone Firefight update is here! It includes the following:
- Warzone Firefight (available on 6 maps)
- Campaign Score Attack
- 1 new arena map
- 1 new warzone map
- 1 new warzone assault map
- 1 new forge canvas
- New bosses, including the Grunt Goblin
- New reqs, including the UNSC wasp vehicle and the Halo 2 Beam Rifle
- Req items available in forge
- 5 new campaign score attack achievements
- 3 new warzone firefight achievements

Official Warzone Firefight reveal trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=3My_2vZQjBI

Important Halo Links, Notes etc.
pastebin.com/64rb9y4w

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/warzone-firefight-preview

>Spartan Companies:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Looking for custom games/campaign co-op players/matchmaking squad
halolfg.com
halocustoms.com
halolobbies.com
Watch the threads for occasional party squads

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

The third /hg/tage is out!
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj0swJRlm5g

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=Modified&page=1&gamertag=Hect0rlo#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_Hect0rlo_a16b8f2c-b5d1-4e9d-9574-b30b7784d995
youtube.com/watch?v=Ayb4QEnJfcs
youtube.com/watch?v=xND7zTv5f5U
youtube.com/watch?v=IyUM6GgJGrE
discord.gg/sdxSJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Should Paul Stay?

yes

What other secrets are 343 hiding?

You save with original filename?

Details on /hg/ island:

halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=Modified&page=1&gamertag=Hect0rlo#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_Hect0rlo_a16b8f2c-b5d1-4e9d-9574-b30b7784d995

/hg/ island vids:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ayb4QEnJfcs
youtube.com/watch?v=xND7zTv5f5U
youtube.com/watch?v=IyUM6GgJGrE

NO

No.
Make a strawpoll.

Any news on the Paul front? I mean seriously if he were a cat his name would be ridiculous.

Remove Vale, not even a waifu

Paul is probably dead in a gutter somewhere

We need to make a statue of paul if he gets removed, lest our founder is forgotten

Happy Bungie Day

Playable elites when?

Purplehaybusa
WranglerJK2014
yrulaughing418
OoAztekaoO
Sweaty Towels
jffry890
A Literal Who
Napalm Donkey
LetsGoNYR88
lemmingscanfly
PrimalWeyland
shadehaloxz
THE ONE BIG RED
Johnny Senpai
Sm0kyPr0gg
Dont Fire here

Here's 16 in case I made a mistake and some use the discord or don't count as regulars.

What is this list?
Why am I on it?

Bungie Day

The Death List.

why can I always tell when I'm going to lose in warzone? Or any game mode for that sake

In the first minute or two you can usually tell

B-but, I haven't done anything wrong...

>117
God willed it

Bane?

Impressive

Pretty sure Smoky is in the discord, user

>He's never going to draw NSFW of her
It's a shame.
Even a SFW comic would be good but all he ever does is comic front pages as if someone else is going to do it for him.

My bad you're right. So that makes 15 then.

That's not a discord member list

So what's the point of this list?

They're non-discord members.
That makes them inferior?

>Bane?

Follow the reply chain. user was implying there weren't any non-discord using regulars in /hg/ and asked for 10.

Any firefight lobbies up?

Here's a question I want peoples opinion on
where there any maps in Halo 3 that were original to Halo 3 that were any good?

Some of these people contribute more to /hg/ than anyone many others.

Why are they not in the discord?

Forgive me, I've never really understood Veeky Forums politics.

Sure, add me.

Because they didn't want to.
It's open any time, just ask for a link.

Of course. Halo 3 had a solid selection maps that I enjoyed playing on. Off the top of my head I can list
4v4
>Pit Stop
>Construct
>Guardian

8v8
>Sandtrap
>Avalanche
>Rat's Nest

you're a big sword

>where there any maps in Halo 3 that were original to Halo 3 that were any good?
A few
>non-DLC
Guardian
Hugh Ground
Construct
Narrows
the Pit
>DLC
Ghost Town
Standoff
Sandbox
Assembly
Citadel

Halo 3 also has some absolutely abysmal maps though.
Isolation
Epitaph
Snowbound
Orbital
Longshore

Actually, I think Rat's Nest and Avalanche were inspired by Halo 1. I'll look up the maps

Hey guys... what if Guardian takes place on an un-activated guardian

UUUU

If you really don't know at the top of your head that Avalanche is a Sidewinder re-imagining then you clearly didn't play CE or if you did you probably never played the multiplayer extensively.

>he doesn't know Avalanche is sidewinder
I'm getting too fucking old for this shit

I-I'd put the spurs to her, doc.

Does the ghost really need that much fucking lightning coming from it?

I perfered it when they just glided

I have two ppersonalities...

>Guardian
>Valhalla
>Sandtrap
>The Pit
>Standoff
>Construct
>High Ground
>Rat's nest

link?

His fans have been asking for an actual nightshade comic for years now but all he does is post cover art

Well I can't say I even enjoy CE multiplayer much. I have played enough of it to say that I'd prefer playing any other halo multiplayer than 1. It just hasn't aged well to me. I think you had to grow up with it to really appreciate it. I know I appreciate Halo 2.

Guardian is called Guardian because the Guardians (or at least a similar idea of a forerunner construct with the name 'guardian') were supposed to appear in Halo 3 in a level set in a forest on the Ark. The idea was eventually dropped but the existing designs for the level were reworked into the multiplayer map as well as the indoor sections of the level 'The Ark'. Allegedly the 'Guardians' featured in Halo 3 would defend the Ark's hidden facilities in much the same way as the Enforcers did in Halo 2, however the Guardians were meant to be much bigger, but not as big as the Guardians in Halo 5.

I can at least respect that answer.

I feel still to truely appreciate CE, one needs to play it a bit with 12-16 people, but I recognize that can be a hurdle for people born after say 96

... I thought she had a hairy chin. No thanks.

What happened to war sphinx? Are they just shitty gaurdians?

>Valhalla
Besides that, you're fine

That pic could use some touching up

You have to understand that Guardians in 5 are completely OC material by 343

Blame Bungie.

Would Tina make a good spartan?

I was born in 92, CE was my first Halo game and i absolutely despise CE's BTB, smaller maps are bit more decent but i still wouldn't put CE's MP in my top 5.

Halo needs more lolis.
In Halo 6 Chief should get a new cortana who looks like little girl.

Honestly if Halo 5 was changed so that all the spartan's were DOA girls my rating of the game would go from a 6/10 to an 8/10

Yeah, especially since Cortana isn't hot anymore

CE BTB becomes a lot more bearable when you learn that tanks can get sniped out of the canopy, and vehicles flip over so easily to grenades.

The Banshee is too broken to be put on any maps, though.

Which is why the shee was excluded from multiplayer.

But then I guess nobody told that to Gearbox.

It's funny how so much was cut from Halo 3 and yet people say Halo 2 was the game that wasn't finished
Apparently loads was cut from the level 'Cortana' too, there was meant to be a fight between Cortana inside a Scarab and the Gravemind and you had to fight off Flood tentacles to keep the Scarab moving, and the whole level was supposed to bear more resemblence to High Charity but they just reused textures from the end of Floodgate instead or something
There was also going to be a mission set in some gigantic Forerunner city that got cut as well.
Another thing cut from Halo 3 was the Assassins Skull, which was meant to be found instead of the Blind Skull on the first mission

Like seriously, i there anything 343 can do right? Nice job ruining the ghost's original design with those stupid lightning bolts 343!

Halo 3 had shit cut out of the middle, but the ending was intact.

Halo 2 literally has no ending.
(It's still a better camlaign)

I would assume that everyone playing H1 BTB at this point is doing it on MCC, and everyone just votes for Halo 3 in that playlist so I have no idea if they included Banshees or not.

discord.gg/sdxSJ

When did I ever mention 343 industries?
Seriously. Comb through my post. When?

You 343 apologists are starting to rival halo 3 babbies as the worst part of the fanbase.

Why is the Halo 5 needles not a power weapon?

It's literally the best weapon on Overgrowth yet it's the rail gun that gets the weapon pad.

I can say the same about nostalgiafags.

Because if anyone uses thrust, the tracking breaks completely.

>I can say the same about nostalgiafags.
Sure, but the problem with that is that the earlier bungie Halo games are objectively better than 4 and 5, so at least the nostalgia fags have something to be credible about

Because you can easily avoid/cancel the supercombine by using the thruster.

Define "earlier". Because there's no way 3 is better than 5.

That is the face of sincere understanding and nurturing. I may be the strong one in the relationship but she would definitely be my rock.

Is Serina RIP IN PEACE in HW 2?

>objectively better than 4 and 5
>objectively
You should check a dictionary m8, but i'll give you 4 and i'm being generous.

>thrusting
>overgrowth
Maybe you didn't hear me.
That shit won't work on narrow corridors: The map

Yes it will.

Halo 3 has an objectively better campaign, multiplayer map design, and custom games.

Multiplayer is debatable.

If someone's shooting you with a needler, take 3-4 needles like a man and then thrust anywhere, this effectively breaks the needles's homing properties. This works anytime, anywhere, i promise.

The campaign was shit outside of "muh 2 scarabs", custom games are the same.
Pic related is what I have to say about map design.

>Halo 3 has an objectively better campaign
Yes
>multiplayer map design
God yes
>and custom games
Yes, but ONLY because the community for custom content was so strong. Halo 5 has the tools to have better custom games, but it simply doesn't have the community to support that playstyle anymore.

>Halo 3 has an objectively better campaign, multiplayer map design, and custom games.
>custom games
See? Told you, this guy doesn't even know what the word "objectively" means.
Nostalgiafags everyone.

>the best level in the franchise is countered by the worst map in the franchise
Interesting argument, but even if you value multiplayer a lot more than campaign, I'd say a campaign level has a lot more weight in value than a single DLC map

And it's not like 5 has a single great map anyway

>tfw no loli cortana

>>the best level in the franchise
More like one single encounter. The rest of the level is just going through copypastad hallways.

>And it's not like 5 has a single great map anyway
Apex 7 says howdy.

Hey man, you're free to defend the Halo 5 campaign all you want.
If that's really an opinion you want to throw out there, then by all means, but it's going to cost you any credibility you could possibly have. That's all I'm saying.

>shits on someone who likes the classic games as a "nostalgiafag"
>defends Halo 5 with a map modeled after the most popular level in the first fucking game

for you

Nice reading skills user, my concern is about your completely ignorant use of the word "objectively".
And if you must know, from a gameplay perspective Halo 3 is my second favorite campaign while 5 is around the middle.

It sure would be great if we could play that map in custom games, just like we can with EVERY Halo 3 map...

>guardian
>good

While I agree with him that 3 is easily an overall better game than 5, I too would like to see the word "objectiveky" less used

>inspired = carbon copy
Good job jimmy, you almost sounded smart there, keep it up!