/acg/ - Armored Core General: The Revival Thread Died In Less Than 12 Hours Edition

Well, that was unfortunate.

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI
Last Raven build advice:
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ww53Lr4rtIY&list=PLXP-0dK0eHWFNvk01XFPKYTozgdw6VCnn&index=5
youtube.com/watch?v=dILzFdsWg1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

People we beat keep sending me friend requests and I don't know what to do with them.
Anyway, if anyone wants to do anything, just sign in and start talking. I'm going to be rifling through boxes and boxes of cards.

Bump.

Sad times when the thread dies with about 5 not bumping posts.

I've had a lot of this. More people for free battles I guess?

dead

LIVE.

Imagine if sony promotes AC6, and if they do it in a event like TGS, they have a big statue of a AC painted with like this.

Sorry about that. I'll get to bumpnig duty if I can.

Sony probably should. It might generate some hype for the game. Opposed to the not much it gets normally.

Or just put a big "From the makers of Dark Souls" tagline as painful as it is to suggest. That'd get a far larger Western audience.

I was trying to keep an eye on it as well, but I had to sleep at some point.

Whats that attachment on the side of the gun supposed to be? Looks like a bayonet, but it's way too short for that. And BFF would never bother with melee equipment.

Do you think weapon attachments might be cool to have in AC6? We already have weapon tuning which is basically the same thing. Instead of marking 3 points into accuracy though, you would buy an actual piece of equipment to add onto your gun instead like a scope or laser sight. Just think of all the cool stuff you could have.

>Energy blade range extenders
>gatling gun firing rate increaser
>heat sinks for energy weapons
>bayonet attachments
>underslung weapons (shotguns, grenade launchers)
>tripods so you can deploy regular weapons in the ready position
>firing rate modifications (single fire, burst fire, full auto)
>shoulder/arm conversion kit (use handheld weapons on shoulder slot, shoulder weapons in hand slot)

Surprised there's not something like different ammo types for weapons already. Could just be like actual guns for the most part, soft point, armor piercing etc.

Since you have already the other bunch of stuff to care about in AC, I think this could work for a FPS made by from, maybe as a spin off of AC.

Remember how on ACV story, a group of rebels enter Father's tower and capturing him before the Carol and Chief ruin everthing? this could be a game were you play as a soldier doing the more "delicated" work that a AC can't do, some missions have you even advance on a city alonside ACs and MTs, but your mission is to enter a place steal something, kill secure someone, hack something, and doing this with a set of customized weapons and equipment, some equipments are made to work better open spaces under constant fire, other to move fast and kill fast inside of building and similar, how you equip yourself for each mission depends on the player.

I don't really see the appeal. The only cool thing about AC settings are the giant robots. Take that away and it's just another generic scifi shooter. If anything, they could combine on foot elements with the mech action I guess, though that doesn't usually turn out very well.

>they could combine on foot elements with the mech action I guess, though that doesn't usually turn out very well.

Combining this is close to make a game with both on foot segments and vehicle segments, the best example I have on how to handle both is halo.

This sounds a bit too much like front mission evolved.

And as From Soft have about no experience with the FPS genre it'd almost certainly send the same way. Poorly.

>the best example I have on how to handle both is halo.
Not even a mech game though. I'd say Titanfall, Lost Planet, and Mechassault 2 are better inspirations.

Either way it would probably be a horrible AC game. Just look at what happened to Front Mission Evolved with its shitty infantry missions.

I havent play FME so I cant talk.

>I havent play FME
I wish I were you.

is that bad?

FME is fine, bar the soldier sections. They're tedious and just overall crap.

Did you forget the shitty missions that force you to use specific leg types instead of allowing the player to improvise and have fun?

No but they weren't the worst thing ever, a bit annoying maybe. I paid a fraction of the price of what it originally cost and it was alright, might have been a bit different if I bought it for retail.

So, the Assault Suit Leynos remaster comes out in the West soon. Anyone tried the original or any of the the other Assault Suit games? They're pretty good.

The original is one of my favorite games of all time. I've never been able to beat it without cheats though.

I'll admit I've never touched the original and I know there's one on PS2 but like Last Raven it appears to have been horribly under printed for the UK market, same publisher too not that surprisingly.

Remaster seems pretty good from what I played down at comic con though.

You could just emulate it. It's a Sega Genesis game, any toaster can handle it. Though the remaster's classic mode seems to be a 1:1 copy of the original, just with modern graphics, so you probably won't miss out on anything by playing that instead.

Might look into emulating some of the other games in the series as well actually, I'm pretty sure most were JP only which is a bit of a shame.

Not again. Don't do this again acg.

What are we doing again?

Dying. At least we've got more posts than last thread already.

we have being dying since the inmemorial.

I'd like to imagine we can get past 50 posts before we inevitably disappear for 12 hours though.

rkn;zgrkzdkdhn'l;dhzx

Urist please. You gotta watch those data caps.
The phrase you're looking for is "time immemorial."

Which back parts look better? Or make suggestions for other back parts I guess, but I don't have many to choose from right now. tfw no orbit launchers available except the dual back unit one, and I want all the AC3 intro ACs complete anyways.

Rate my AC too I guess, obviously it's not painted though. inb4 overweight, I took liberties with the armaments for the model kit though this is the frame I used in LR.

I'll also never stop being upset they won't make AC2/AA models, because I'd kill a man for a Wonder Raid model. Ethermaster would be cool too.

Just have to make do with the old action figures I guess.

Bamp

>Tau
Heretic.

I care only for cool robots, senpai.

Early versions of AC4 were supposed to feature physical melee combat with weapons, such as bayonets and sword attachments.

Got a copy of Last Raven for 8 euros not including postage, happy days.

Bamp.

Bump

I just bought Verdict Day since its currently cheap on psn. Not really sure what I'm doing, but it seems to be an online heavy game
Anyone want to play? My psn is popo92

Talking about WH40K, which part would be the best to make a WH40K themed AC on FA.

I knew I was missing something, thanks lord Ahab.

Interesting, I wish to learn more.

Prepare your anus and prepare for a new one too.

My anus is already destroyed but from proper distance.

Looking forward to artist comedy.

You still around, boyo?
>40K AC in fourth gen
Not a chance, it doesn't suit them.
Fifth gen is a much better choice for that and you might as well not even bother because you can't top my Big Trakk.

That sounds pretty gay desu senpai.

Then show me dis Big Trakk dat's ya talk about Boss.

Still I will try to make something on FA, probably using either GA/ALDRA/Arisawa parts.

Bamp.

Dangit Vass, you said you'd have decent internet. I need to ask you something about the new episode.
Or KZM. Show up, faggot. We need to talk Macross.
I took a few pictures on my phone. I'll rip them off some time tomorrow. Maybe. If I find time.

If I ever wanted to get into Macross, from wich serie should I start?

Studio release order. Ignore 2. Ignore movie versions at your leisure.

>actually buying the Dark Souls Collector's Editions
Those pieces of shit have literally dropped in price by 60%, Fromsoft still fooling NEETs I see.

bump

Will AC6 bring corps back?

Who needs new ones when we already have best corp?

I really hope so.

Maybe, but they dont have much presence in the story, and they dont manufacture the parts.

Psssh, who needs sissy Sirius. Go EVERGREEEEEEEEEEEEEN.

Since VD factions's popularity is based on their themes. FA coprs themes when?

Night.

Who are those characters supposed to be?

Good night /acg/

I hope you're not sirius.

Bump.

youtube.com/watch?v=ww53Lr4rtIY&list=PLXP-0dK0eHWFNvk01XFPKYTozgdw6VCnn&index=5
Is this a remix of an existing AC track?
>tfw when you want FreQuency to do an anime opening
Well they have these banners to compensate.

Well /acg/, I'm new to Armored Core and I see Veredict Day is on sale at 5€ on the PSN.
Should I get it or should I emulate AC3 first?

Grab VD anyway if you want some multiplayer stuff, the games a bit dead but there's enough of us now to at the very least do some free battle stuff.

The early AC games are very different from 4 and 5 though so just bear that in mind.

>Leos Klein's VA
fuck my sides

In what ways? I just want good customization options.

Gameplay, 4 drops certain elements of the game, adds its own and ramps the speed up.

5 is also completely different from 4 and 3, it adds yet more stuff and changes up the rules again.

1-3 is more just a progressive increase in the amount of features and gameplay elements.

All games have pretty good customisation, so no worry there.

Not a series known for great voice acting, over played and generally shitty is the MO for the ps2 and ps1 games. Doesn't really get much better later either.

So I think I'll emulate 3 first, grab VD and then I'll jump into 4 and 5.

Thanks /acg/

Worth bearing in mind that 4 and 5 have no online anymore. You can't even get the patches for 4. 5 was quite multiplayer centric so it's maybe not as strong as the other games without any MP.

Well, then I will stop on 4 and stay with VD as it's still alive.

For Answer has multiplayer as well but it has its issues online.

I lost it at "Rav....en" and "DIE REBEL".

Well the PS3 era games improved somewhat, Liked FA most times and Chief.

You can still free battle on V.

Damn it penny.

I think is original, some of the songs on those albums are original, like outcry.

youtube.com/watch?v=dILzFdsWg1s

Forgot about that, not really sure why you would though.

To be honest Metal Wolf Chaos has the best voice actors for about any From Soft game. The line delivery and sheer amount of cheesiness in everything really adds to that game whereas in all the others where they're quite straight faced it's a bit off.

Bamp.

No no no.

LESHT FIWEHGT WAVEN. WEH'LL SETTLE THISH IN BAWTTAL

Here's your order:
3 , Silent Line, Verdict Day, For Answer, 4

Silent line is a direct sequel to 3, so if you're playing 3 it's definitely worth it.

Verdict day is very different, but closer to Silent Line/3 in gameplay, and very good on its own.

Skip V unless you REALLY want more of Verdict Day but are okay with a vastly inferior game. 4 is still worth getting on its own.

It's got the voice fitting for it, but the direction is bad.

Least operators remain cute.

>Least operators remain cute.

MWC has great cheesiness, but for a more serious take the Souls series has wonderful VA work.

>Not wanting cute voice for when you're doing dirty work
user please.

It's interesting how 4&5 Had youngish sounding Operators and VD and FA had mature sounding ones who were experienced in the merc field of work as a pilot.

>Not wanting cute voice for when you're doing dirty work

You're right, i don't.

I prefer Chief.

>Implying Chief isn't cute