/roig/ - Riders of Icarus General

First thread, let's see if anyone gives a fuck edition
Open beta is now live.
icarus.nexon.net/en

>What is Riders of Icarus?
Another free-to-play MMORPG being brought over from the East. It's mostly generic fantasy stuff but with some very unique features. The main thing here is that any class can tame mounts. There are a huge amount of them in the wild that you can collect. Mounted combat is a big part of the game. Your mounts level up as you use them. You can convert mounts into pets that fight alongside you instead. Mounted aerial combat is also a thing. Basically it's a mount collecting simulator that's actually really fun.

>Is it pay-to-win?
Not at all. There IS a cash shop that sells only quality of life stuff and costumes. Extra bag slots, increased XP gain potions, mount skins, etc. You can earn cash shop credits (called Ellun) in-game without spending money.

>Is it another Eastern grindfest?
No, nothing even close to a game like Black Desert. You have to do quests if you want to level up. No need to grind mobs.

>What about crafting?
The crafting system is pretty intuitive. You aren't locked to a specific crafting field like in WoW. All the recipes are these already, you just need the materials. The only downside is that there is an RNG element to it. Enhancing your gear for example can fail and cause it to downgrade instead.

>How's the PvE/PvP?
I can't tell you about PvP yet since I haven't done it. But the game has good instanced PvE content in the form of dungeons and raids (up to 10-man). Grouping up for quests is also highly encouraged to tackle tough monsters. Groups also get added benefits like increased XP gain.

I don't know if anyone gives a fuck about this game but I have to say I highly recommend checking it out. Currently the best new/in-development MMORPG I've played in a long time. This is one you'll want to keep an eye on.

>basically the posterboy raid boss is the most boring fight I've seen in a MMO in fucking years
please tell me it gets better

Do you fight it on a flying mount or something?

Yeah, its midair but you mostly just stand at the sides of his arms and shoot your shit at him and some balls he summons every now and then

bump

this game is fun pls dont die

I would make a Veeky Forums guild if I had the gold and if anyone here played it

how much gold is it to make one?

oh that's barely anything i'm level 20 and have 9 gold just from questing, I could make an EU guild but i'd never be a good leader for it

dont die on me

What's the best way to level a mount under level 10? I want to equip one with claws and a saddle. Do I just ride around on it til it hits 10? Doesn't seem like I can really fight with it.

just ride it, it's all dependant on your amount of time spent on the mount, you could even stay still and get exp for the mount

>can buy copper ore for 50 coins unlimited from an NPC
>retards are trying to sell them for 90 coins each in the auction house

thats me :3

is it even working?

>Nexon

hahahah

where the hell is this white-whisker bitch i've flown all over the fucking north woods and literally havn't seen a single one

Where do i find Faint Spirit Water?
Just started this game and i tried google it but i'm stupid.

Is this shit even worth the bandwith?

This game is absolutely fucking terrible. If you guys haven any sense don't bother with it.

i'm pretty sure you have to craft it

Thank you, i'm fucking blind.

Yes. Just give it a shot before you listen to naysayers.

Why? You can't deny it's better than all the other F2P trash MMORPGs out there right now.

Same person here. I really love turtles but is there a flying turtle available?

flying? not that i know of
but there are ground turtles

What are those little tokens that you can use to revive>

Pretty sure you buy them with Ellun in the cash shop or you can buy one right there in the menu when you die and revive.

rip

you know i would stay up and bump this thread all night if i could

>the wizard class can only use offensive Fire & Ice magic

holy FUCK when will developers stop doing this

it is not interesting in the slightest and shows a severe lack of creativity

I'm downloading, how are priests? Are they good as slutbois?

Isn't this shit just Dragons Prophet?

slightly better than that shit, but yes

what do you do

spoon feed me I might play your shitty game

Any decent guilds recruiting?

Wildstar is F2P and is extremely polished these days as well as it had a decent steam launch. The combat and game itself is a lot better and smoother than this shit

I hate the Assassin class so much but stuck with it to level 20 and theres no fucking way im playing through those shitty questlines again on a different class

this thread died as quick as the game will :)

i am enjoying this game, it's nothing fantastic, but there is no mmo that is atm. at least it is slighty different with the flying combat and mount collection.

Downloading now, but I don't like how ded this thread looks
Is this worth the 10gigs?

We just need to start avatar posting like other MMO threads instead of discussing the game.

Would you bully my priest?

>>We just need to start avatar posting like other MMO threads instead of discussing the game.

i'll get started right after i download senpai

Can I see some screenshots, please?
Is it tab target or what?
How many gigs free will I need? says 10 but the site says 30
You guys on steam I assume?

This game has nice butts/upskirts.

what server are you faggots on

OP really should have put the server in the OP, or literally anywhere within the thread. Bad omen.

Baellas or something along those lines

tab target
its not that much, like 10
yes

Where can I tame a big ass wolf? Then I can name it Fenrir and participate in bestiality.

This game is alright, honestly. Reminds me of RaiderZ but not as garbage.

Have you tried Alaska?

this game has the least amount of content in any MMO I have ever played, there are 4 areas and the level caps is 25 (which is reachable in 10 hours or less)

Hahaholyfuck. That's pretty bad. Jesus.

Nice, thanks for the response think I'll give it a go
Any certain server/channel for na fags?

Allegedly Baellas or something alone those lines. Should be the first one in the list. Not sure about channel. Doubt there is a set one at the moment.

well it is currectly in open beta, more content is being released gradually im the following months

>Nexon
>Korean shit game #7899033122455
>Shit

No thanks

It's quickly losing that new game smell. Obtaining skills is so few and far between. Might be just because I'm a Guardian but eh.