/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #495 - Hello Hedgey Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MAd78EuaHgE
trashdump.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1842
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Only 5 (Five) threads until #500!

nth for cuties

>Runners is Dead

This needs to stay in the news section forever.

HONK

Why did Sonic think it was a good idea just to jump off the Egg Carrier to go after Eggman when they were all the way up in the fucking sky?

and only 15 days until the 2nd biggest disappointment of the year gets announced

I think we should skip #500 and go straight to #501, partly as a joke about Sonic's speed and partly to freak out people who think they missed #500

Sonic's not known for Smart decisions

>mfw almost every Rouge request gets taken on /trash/

That would be funny but at the cost of all the OC that'll get made for it.

I don't believe you.

>tfw Sonic 3 will never be remastered with HD widescreen

>Sonic 3
>HD Widescreen

I don't see the point.

Nigga, someone requested a "gilf" Rouge, and even that got done.

There is literally nothing you can't get eventually on there.

Like Sonic 1, 2, and CD were

>GLIF Rouge

Yeah sure.

If Rouge existed in the older games, what role would she have played?

>steals the Chaos Emeralds your busted your ass to get
>you have to get them back via a chase minigame

youtube.com/watch?v=MAd78EuaHgE

Sonic Unleashed 2 looks great.

trashdump.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1842

>If Rouge existed in the older games, what role would she have played?
Nack in Triple Trouble.

>Those perfect circles

How do people do it?

How do Knucklesfags deal with the fact that BOOM made him into the saddest moron ever?

Boom is non canon

it was a steady decline.

I laugh

>Hey there little fella!

What you don't see are the hundreds of sketch lines and reference shapes I erased.

Fair enough.

I just need to keep drawing.

It's not related to the main series. Besides, he's pretty fun in Boom. I'm hoping this means they can make him useful again. He's naive and gullible, but he's definitely capable.

Please stop posting Sif. Their shit is terrible. Better yet, just stop posting Sonic fanart from any American artists.

Preview time. Incoming cute Amy.

ok

Is there any other kind?

he's talking to the shard

You're right, Amy's always cute.

I think that's retarded.

Can't wait for Shattered!

Yes. The Amy in basically all the games and Sonic X aka worst girl.

Nigga das kawaii

Knuckles is like...the funniest character in boom. If you're butthurt about that then I can't help ya.

Has it ever been explicitely stated what whe big problem with Angel Island just being in the Ocean is? Seems like it'd be a lot safer.

>Knuckles and Amy teamup
I really have wanted to see something like this for a while. Idk, something about them makes me feel like they'd have an enjoyable chemistry.

Sonic and Knuckles: Unleashed would've gotten 80% and above reviews.

Boom is a spin-off, and all the characters are cartoon stereotypes, not just Knuckles. I'd prefer if mainline Knux weren't also being treated like a useless idiot, but Boom Knux is still enjoyable for what he is.

Nah. It would have gotten about the exact same reviews except with everyone calling Knuckles one of Sonic's shitty friends too, regardless of the fact that he was one of the original trio.

Oh my god, Amy is such a cutie sweetheart.

No. Though it does raise an interesting question. Does Knuckles know why that's a bad thing?

I want to make sweet love to buff Rose.

Nah, people love Knuckles.

How about Were-everyone? Even Eggman.

Remember when Lien-Da became the empress of the eggman empire?

I've always assumed the floating part was just a byproduct of Knuckles guarding the Master Emerald.

Granted when I went back to Sonic 3/& Knuckles it seems like Angel Island WAS in the water prior to the game, so the floating part came afterwards?

It's not very clear.

Ever since Chaos went apeshit, echidnas have been racist against water

nah, a lot of people just hated the idea of the werehog at first sight

although do you imagine him playing exactly the same? I think that wouldn't be an improvement.
I've said this before, it would be cool to have knuckles play like he did in SA2, except with objectives instead of shard hunting.

I don't think there's a reason why it's bad, but rather that the mechanism is already in place and Knuckles just has to deal with it.

It got pushed down by the Death Egg crashing into it.

I believe it was the Death Egg pushing the island into the ocean

I made a terrible mistake not saving what little translated Aoi Highway comics there were.

Wasn't that for a whole two seconds before she BLEW UP

Your implication was that it would have been Unleashed but with Knuckles replacing the Werehog. What drove people insane was the shitty, boring, monotonous gameplay, regardless of whether they thought the Werehog design was stupid or not.

That's because, after the events of Sonic 2, the Death Egg plummeted into the island, causing it to crash into the ocean. Then it lifted off at the end of Sonic 3 before Sonic caused it to crash back down for Sonic & Knuckles. Then it lifted back off for the final time at the end of Lava Reef/beginning of Sky Sanctuary, letting the island finally float back up into the sky after the Master Emerald was restored.

>The Death Egg pushed the island into the ocean

Was this documented anywhere?

I don't remember it in the Sonic 3 manual, but it's been decades since I last saw that.

But without the master emerald it falls anyway.
Which leaves the whole Hidden Palace to Doomsday Zone being one huge dash before the island falls into the ocean.

I think it's a case of no-one's supposed to be on the island because most powerful thing in the world is on it. And it made sense back in Tikal's time to shove the rock on an island in the air, no-one's gonna reach that.
Now we have planes and shit. But that's why Knuckles has huge fucking fists.
Tougher than the best of em.

That's some nice garbage you posted just now but I can't say we didn't ask for it.

Remeber when she punished her own son for making out in the park?

it would've been a superficial change but people would've liked it more just on the basis that it was knuckles. shallow, I know

I fucking love this shit

>Was this documented anywhere?
The manual, both English and Japanese.

Angel Island was already on the ocean. It can float on it without the Master Emerald, the latter is just needed to bring it back into the sky and, in the case of Knuckles' route, keep the island from falling back into the ocean again.

I wouldn't mind a couple more Amy requests.
Maybe Rouge and Blaze too. They're cute.

And I'm saying they wouldn't have liked it any more and I'm also saying there's a possibility that it would cause people to dislike Knuckles.

my pleasure user

Rouge on cleaning day maybe?

>Palcomix

Man, I feel really fucking old now...

Amy and Shadow do not have the same face, their noses are different, so is their eye structure

Fleetway Amy wearing casual clothes please.

>Fleetway Amy

Nothing like a Jason Statham accentted Amy to truly realise girl power user.

Apart from New Archie Amy, Fleetway Amy is best Amy and you know it.

Rouge and Amy playing tennis.

Nude Amy is cute! CUTE!

I don't even know what's going on here.

>Putting ketchup on a chili-dog

>Karl Bollers published a number of plans he had intended to implement in the comics following issue #134 of Archie Sonic the Hedgehog that were ultimately never used (2), including:
>Sonic and Amy becoming a couple after being stranded at sea together and keeping it a secret from Princess Sally.

Thank god he was fired. Like that era needed even more relationship drama than it already had.