pastebin.com/SuXCN3pf (embed)
Other useful resources
pastebin.com/TyAHmtW4 (embed)

[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List

Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast (Updated every other Wednesday):
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

/rpgmg/ Chain/Collaboration Game!

Done with their part:
- RPG Maker Maker !!nHmJbtdk7T2
- Cortop !QqL8nX9URE
- Duwang !yP15zzo8dA
- MEands !!sbyw5zs4GtT
- Alexander Guy !swIUti/LTA
- salt !AOUYhrDYgU
- Double user !WAnon.pOpQ
- Crunch !I1tYcLS8Ts
- Comp !MEJ8qE/3h
- Silent Maid !ztOzYBnEEw
- Joakim Morgen !!4elh6dhvavq
- W.T.Dinner !LTqeha3bQk
- Firgof !aFqhsxkECQ

Currently working:
Bubbles !u696zUYxpM

Version 13B: mediafire.com/download/89tsrb5ka31g36h/rpgmgcollab_v13B.zip

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10692603
drive.google.com/open?id=0B8wON8Oiau1eTEY2Q3lxZGwxNGM
mega.nz/#!TcpQCJCL!XuoSIYnK7cvW3N-i0Rt6791NUxSowMscjwAhF_p2c7U
youtube.com/watch?v=0v8_lHwq2C8
youtube.com/watch?v=ICKrtbT3PqE
cyanyurikago.web.fc2.com/material.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ht8Q4ZJFjtI
youtube.com/watch?v=u8NOr47onjk
youtube.com/watch?v=KCvdLLFYvSU
soundcloud.com/mondo-nugget/mystic-future-the-worlds-greatest-rave
youtube.com/watch?v=oO-BeRokMss&list=PLcFxSnQYqlPFajLvTAyPj5bLTCWsw1uar&index=3
youtube.com/watch?v=jf6keO3AaA4&index=9&list=PLcFxSnQYqlPFajLvTAyPj5bLTCWsw1uar
youtube.com/watch?v=xjDVX7uv6Wc&index=6&list=PL9A37525812B8F221
forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/60704-rpg-maker-mv-120-update/
youtube.com/watch?v=VP47ZY6hG64
forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/profile/25373-doublex/&status=74747&type=status
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have some cat bumps to get things going

Get in here bump

Post progress

Cat and dog adventuring together is fine too

Now make a rpg based off of this

dog warrior and paladin
cat thief and mage

This is my window skin I made. That's my progress from when I last worked on my project months and months ago.

An experiment.

What is your favorite kind of RPG plot?

strawpoll.me/10692603

I'm a classic black and white fag myself, I guess i'm just a big dicksucker for being the undeniable good guy and fighting a big undeniable evil.

Posting some work in progress

Far too many projects on my mind already, unfortunately

>strawpoll.me/10692603

Voted for the third option.

I can see the appeal of pure black and white, though it irks me when things that absolutely aren't black and white are presented as such.
That said, I don't think everything is or should be grey in grey either as it lacks contrast.
Some black and white for the foundation and framework, it mostly a sea of grey, and a few individual blobs of black and white popping up here and there.

Well. I would say to make your primary antagonist a complex character, that can swing towards both spectrums. But still have some major antagonists that are black/white.

>0 Votes for black and white.

I guess i'm the minority, nothing new.

>tfw the default battle theme that came with RPGMV is growing on me
>cant compose or find anything to replace it that I like better

kill me senpai

Just use it then

Bump

>coffee, phone charged next to me with an Incense on pokemon go activated while i listen to soothe music while working on my RPG

feels comfy senpai

If anyone needs Katakura Hibiki's Lords of Darkness pack, here it is. I couldn't find it anywhere online so I had a friend buy it for me and upload it to Google Drive. Since I can't find it elsewhere and got permission to do so, I'm sharing it here in case other people can't find it as well.

drive.google.com/open?id=0B8wON8Oiau1eTEY2Q3lxZGwxNGM

Thanks man!

It's purely a boss rush game. There's barely any other element than that.

Thank you user, I appreciate it.

You are both welcome.

Was looking for a good character select plug in that lets you select class then gender then an appearance with four choices. Guess I just have to event it out myself.

Who else likes giving the player choices on gender and appearance? I don't want outright customisation, just preset choices.

I love this stuff and I'm doing the exact same thing.
It works with a dialogue based choice system, I'm giving the player the opportunity to enter a name, select a gender (I kinda wanted to make a joke gender like an attack helicopter but I didn't) and select a hair color out of 6. Also a choice of a hometown which will change some dialogue.

First time sharing anything instead of just lurking and replying for once, but here goes!

Working on fixing color pallets atm, bear is fixed though. And I like Knight as is.
Quick sketch of MCs. Might have a rat as a thief/archer.
All characters are toys and different classes.

Bear is warrior class, can duel wield

Fairy Doll is cleric

Jack In the Box is mage - he juggles fireballs and does "magic tricks." For spells.

Knight is Paladin

Robot is elemental "magic" attacker (he can equip a lighter or taser for "fire" or "electric") requires different upgrades/parts and batteries for super charged attacks

Rat is a thief + Archer

Weapons range from spoons, forks, knives, toothpick swords, yoyos, basically anything a toy could lift/find, you get the idea.
Healing items can range from scraps of cotton, plastic, thread + needle, paint, oil ect to craft healing items.

Basically have this whole game planned in my head from start to finish, just need to do sprites, tilesets, music and level design ect..

mega.nz/#!TcpQCJCL!XuoSIYnK7cvW3N-i0Rt6791NUxSowMscjwAhF_p2c7U

You forgot to put the new Season Pass DLC in the OP.

After that it's onto the bad guys..
The main toy villain is a ventriloquist dummy, and all the others are his henchman.

Very neat idea, I like the concept. Jack in the best is already best waifu.
Is the plot twist just a kid/two kids playing with their toys?

bump

Post music you listen to while you work

>read some Latvian jokes
>now want to make Black Comedy game set in crapsack medieval world
It keeps happening

>Play some Valhalla and watch some cyberpunk/sci-fi movies
>Want to make a futuristic item shop managing game now
It really keeps happening

Currently right now as I'm spriting. I dunno why really
youtube.com/watch?v=0v8_lHwq2C8
youtube.com/watch?v=ICKrtbT3PqE
Though I usually listen to a lot of Kamen Rider insert songs as I work on the actual game

Sounds flippin radical

>have to watch out for hunger, cold and insanity variables
>turnips are obtained by robbing and killing other townsfolk
>any time you leave your house, your wife and daughter might be raped and killed by soldiers
Ok, that is pretty shitsucks. Maybe something more like ASOIAF's Night's Watch, or some random villager from Berserk that keeps running into the trail of a Guts-like individual.

Anyone know of any battlers (free if possible) that match Katakura Hibiki's style? Pic related.

Some of Magellan's could work: I think.
cyanyurikago.web.fc2.com/material.html

Note that they are only free for "not-offensive" free games, I think.

I'm making one those typical RPGs inspired by the SNES Final Fantasies and my own Dungeons and Dragons and Pathfinder Campaigns I've DM'd. So it should be fine. I don't have enough privacy to do anything erotic or offensive.

NO
BUMP

I don't usually listen to anything.

I usually just play the same stuff I'm currently into, so recently it's been

youtube.com/watch?v=ht8Q4ZJFjtI
youtube.com/watch?v=u8NOr47onjk
youtube.com/watch?v=KCvdLLFYvSU

Have you ever made a Yume Nikki game user?

My headphones broke but if I was listening to something it'd be the original FTL ost

Would it make sense to have a STRENGTH parameter increase MHP?
Right now I'm using Quasi Parameters Plus and I'm using Fallout 2 formula as a placeholder for now. Basically every level you gain + 2 HP plus Constitution/2. So with a constitution of 10 you gain 7 additional HP per level. Everything works fine but I'm wondering if maybe strength should factor in.

I'd find it strange unless HP stands for Hit Points and not Health Points. Perhaps all stats could contribute to HP like how some other games have it.

soundcloud.com/mondo-nugget/mystic-future-the-worlds-greatest-rave

New tune, I wanted to have a boss fight in a nightclub at somepoint.

I've been listening to the A&C ost recently, as I find it quite good.

youtube.com/watch?v=oO-BeRokMss&list=PLcFxSnQYqlPFajLvTAyPj5bLTCWsw1uar&index=3

youtube.com/watch?v=jf6keO3AaA4&index=9&list=PLcFxSnQYqlPFajLvTAyPj5bLTCWsw1uar

Also this guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=xjDVX7uv6Wc&index=6&list=PL9A37525812B8F221

Maximum comfy listening to this late at night.

There needs to be more love for 65daysofstatic in the world

Dog for sure. They're criminally underrated.

I think it's pretty great but maybe a little too upbeat for a boss fight. On the other hand it would be really cool specially with flashing lights and all that jazz.

Thanks dude. I may just make it the club theme instead. Haven't decided yet. It will be grandiose those, for sure.

The next real dungeon-ish area in my game is a vast desert. The party must trek through it to reach the tallest mountain in the world, right at the center.

I'm trying to decide what sort of puzzle/challenge would be good in a desert. Distinguishing mirages from reality? Finding oases? Whirlpools of sand? Land sharks?

I have VX Ace. Is it worth shilling for the newer version?

Just pirate it.
You can always buy MV when you finished a project.

A giant sandworm that harasses the party regularly throughout the desert. It can be the last boss for it.

>Distinguishing mirages from reality? Finding oases?
Both combined, a wandering oasis that misleads by creating mirages of itself, causing those that hunt after it (and aren't smart enough) to eventually run out of water.

I just realized I wasn't going to need a smiling character portrait and now I'm curious- do your games have happy endings, or are they more bittersweet?

>I just realized I wasn't going to need a smiling character portrait
I, too, enjoy suffering.

I sell suffering and suffering accessories.

What font does that website uses? It appears that my computer does not have it.

Despair but also despair

Not sure but it's some font used for Moonrunes.

>skulldodo
>hummingbirdmuscleduck
i love this so much

I plan for at least three endings. Only one of them is going to be a happy ending of sorts. The rest are degrees of bittersweet.
The happy ending is one in ignorance and requires the player to stop playing after the "final" boss of the story, not completing everything else the is to do. Completing (most) of the rest unveils another layer to the story and turns it into a cosmic horror story, which by default can't have a happy ending.

Is there a script for VXA that makes the actor's initial target in battle be its target from the previous turn? Can't find anything on google but that might be because I'm wording it bad.

over the past week, i've only gotten

user that is not healthy.
Please take care of yourself.

someone's gotta 4am bump

>Tfw you will never get another toy commander game

You're a new toy in a toy shop all happy go lucky, and you see kids coming and going, but some of them never leave and you have to find out what's been happening to them. You can only explore at night and you can't be seen by a human or it's game over.
Plot Twist: It's going to a really fucked up dark game.

Would the update installer from forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/60704-rpg-maker-mv-120-update/ work with a cracked version of MV?

Sup /rpgmg/ just got back to try out MV. anyone here still using ACE? I tried to convert my old ACE game to MV and everthing is kinda fucked up now.

Is MV really worth using? Resizing picture is fine but waifu2x doesn't look as good as the default. The difference is too jarring.

I'm using ACE, but only because of like one or two scripts MV doesn't have yet (or maybe never will have).

using ace is fine. i'm actually probably switching back to it after my current project is done if i still have autotile lag.

Bump

Good night bump
Maybe I'll find the motivation to do something tomorrow

the fuck, why isn't there an srpg maker? like we need another visual novel maker, you can make vns in powerpoint

There's SRPG Studio. No English version yet, but they said they were working on it like a year ago, and they finally stopped constantly updating the Japanese version, so the English version might be out soon-ish.

enterbrain made one ages ago

How many people can actually make an interesting SRPG without piss poor enemy AI?

can't they just use the basic fire emblem ai

Any halfway decent SRPG maker would provide enough pre-made AI patterns to allow for interesting gameplay. Stuff like "target priority by class", "rush player", "remain still until player enters attack range", "head to designated point", "protect designated unit", etc. There really aren't that many behaviours in most commercial SRPGs, because a huge part of the strategy works via the player predicting the enemy's movements.

Don't procrastinate, guys.

Unless RPGM is the activity you procrastinate with. In which case, please go on.

True bittersweet ending and super stupid, happy ending if you pursue the optional dungeon at the end of the game.

I have an issue with deciding to go through with my story. It came to me in a thought one day and it sounded really good. Not much inspiration from outside sources, but I really feel like there's going to be that one Anime/Game/Movie that I haven't watched where someone will say "oh you stole that story". And the story isn't just a generic cliche story, but more like that really unique story that someone probably used already.

I don't think anybody will care as long as your characters and setting don't happen to be exactly the same as well, which seems like it would be really fucking difficult.

what's your favourite part of making a game?

Is it me or do scripters don't like Yanfly at all? There's like this unanimous hate/jealousy towards his work.

bump

What does your titlescreen look like fellas? Mine's probably just placeholder for now. I'll add a sketch or something later to jazz it up.

Probably because they're envious

TIL how to use Yanfly plugins to make Super Saiyans: youtube.com/watch?v=VP47ZY6hG64

No, no, that was what you learned on Wednesday. Today, you learned how to go even further beyond.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

I kinda want to fuck "Harold"

I'm assuming they're talking about this: forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/profile/25373-doublex/&status=74747&type=status

It's most likely envy. Yanfly's a successful plugin creator and a programmer IRL. There's a reason his works are picked above the rest, and it's not because of the sheer quantity, but also quality.

What I don't get is, those other scripters keep mentioning stepping it up, but there's no one so far who does the same level of work Yanfly does: making the script, documenting it, providing video tutorials, supporting the works, and then teaching people how to expand upon it further with Tips & Tricks videos. It's very clear Yanfly puts in a lot of time for his work and his passion shows in it.

Contrary to what Galenmereth says, I highly doubt Patreon is the thing that keeps Yanfly going. When he made his VX and Ace scripts, Patreon didn't even exist then, and Yanfly still showed the same level of enthusiasm and passion.

tl;dr, it's just jelly scripters being jelly of successful passionate people.

you think those jelly scripters might as well make games

So for RM2k3, I'm still unsure on how to display bust sprites of characters during dialogue instead of face sprites.
Is it really just simple as adding the "display image" command of the bust sprite with the text command?

Another example. Thanks in advance

Yes. Just try it and you'll see.

It was easier than expected. sprites not made by me
Now I wonder how to orient the text to move to the side a bit for the sprites to show on top of the text box, like the second pic of