/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Getting the point across edition Edition.

Elder Thread: >Official news

Dark Brotherhood DLC is out!
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/darkbrotherhood
youtu.be/xrIdDh7_TBw

One Tamriel announced (Q4 2016):
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3

First DLC dungeon pack coming soon™:
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/06/28/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-launch-details

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
the-elder-scrolls-by-mysticals.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @clv or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj. There is also an ESOG PSN community.

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Can I play X class doing Y role with an Z race?
Yes

/v/ culture will never die

Are you somehow implying it's not already dead? :p

So... how are those tabards coming along

>blade of woe kill someone to get unobstructed access to a lockbox
>someone with their back turned toward the crime halfway across a large room currently beating up a sparring dummy witnesses the crime and reports it for a 700g bounty.

You'd think the distance and fact that she's distracted and has her back toward me would prevent her from witnessing...

I need someone to bite me, there any werewolves here willing to lend me a hand?

>Can I play X class doing Y role with an Z race?

Can I REALLY? Like, at what point does this actually stop being a thing

probably never will, casual retards everywhere

Platform/server/alliance?

So far it's only in one dungeon and we don't know if it can't be done, it's just that all guilds running the veteran Maw of Lorkhaj do it competetively and as such min-max, meaning you'll be getting a DK tank and Templar healer.

Correct that, it's a 12-man raid. But yea the same shit applies.

pc/shouldn'tmatter/Delicious Flat Chest

How do you think the server doesn't matter? not everyone here is either trumparican nor eurofag.

If you're going to be that obtuse why bother answering?

Go ask a guild you're a member of they should bite you for free.

Ah my bad, I thought they had a system setup where there was one big server and it transferred you between gateways as needed, but if they have them set up regionally that makes sense.

Murica.

Haha yeah... guilds ;-;

>get the exact same crime spree quest 4x in a row

Boy this gets boring. But without putting points into pickpocketing it's just not worth it to deal with the RNG bounties

Just bloody join the TESOG ones. So far the faggotry is low to non-existing. And I've yet to see someone spouting meme's.

> Streak gets a nerf
> Streak gets nefed once again
> Streak now gets you banned
Thank you Zenimax

you're clearly not online when the squad is

Abandon the quest if you don't like it.

Need to raise my thief guild rank. Crime spree is the only one that doesn't involve pickpocketing. I was just hoping to get different locations but it's been giving me the same locations every time.

Abandon the one you got and take another one.

>it's a the writ uses rubedo leather episode

I have been. and I keep getting the same one. Greenshade->Malabal Tor->Reaper's March

I hardly ever get any for DC or EP areas.

why even do T10 writs? I thought only T9 writs gave craglorn surveys for crux.

Because I wanted that guy to make gear. Still makes money even if there's an expensive mat tho

Volatile armor or hardened armor tesog?

... if you're already on tier 10 aren't you done leveling up the craft?

Hardened. The shield is actually really good for pulls, prevents your healer from taking aggro before you can taunt.

Yes.

so.. clarify for me why you're doing writs? I mean T9 I'd understand for crux, maybe glass motifs. But do T10's even give crux and glass motifs?

Doing them for gold and the gold tempers. No to crux on the surveys, yes to the other stuff. The reason why this guy isn't doing the craglorn level writs is because I still make stuff with him.

Bump

>no option to hunt down players who are degenerate vampires/werewolves

so question...

Initially I had leveled up an Argonian Tank DK, and this was a character from launch so at the time, for dps DK's were all magicka, fire damage, there was no poison damage and stam was shit. So basically I leveled all in heavy armor, sword and board, with an inferno staff for solo questing. Yes it was slow and miserable. I only started using 1 piece of medium and 1 piece of light when undaunted passives hit when I was already VR12 and had done all the Silver/Gold content, so leveling those armor types has been slow. Now I have done all the content except the last little bit of the DB questline, so quests are all dried up almost, just dailies I can do left, so switching to stam DK not really an option.

With the race changes coming Argonian becomes shit for tank so I'm going to need to buy a race (and name, because I gave my argonian an argonian name..) change. Should I:

1. Make it a Dark Elf Magicka DPS (since I have all the magicka morphs and Destruction staff maxed anyway). I started borrowing my sorcerer's gear so my light armor is at 44 now.
2. Change it to Imperial or Nord and keep it tank, even though I don't have friends to tank for anymore and haven't actually tanked anything since VR14..
3. Just leave it to rot and level up my level 4 Dunmer DK that I was going to play for a dps dk at some point
4. Leave the Argonian to Rot, Delete the Dunmer (really only loss is some gold in expanding inventory space and mount speed), and make a Redguard Stamina DK? I know Khajiit is going to be better in the change but after having played an animal character for so long I don't want to make a furry.

There really should be a lot more, or any at all, PvP in PvE environments. The justice system is a joke. Hopeful they'll revisit it once "One Tamriel" rolls out since everyone will be scaled anyway.

> Duels, proper tournaments where people get invited to a mansion where people can watch or compete, completely controlled and fixed by the mansion owner
> Proper justice system; If you get a bounty, other people should be able to claim it if they beforehand have flagged themselves as bounty hunters; to engage in PvP someone have to have a bounty, and the bounty-hunter can choose to attack or not. If the bounty-hunter doesn't attack nothing happens.

Just imagine gangs of criminals roaming around and trying to taunt and trick fresh bounty-hunters into attacking them, or entire guilds taking up the mantle to stop the criminal scum.

I think you should keep the argonian tank and git gud

there is no reason to keep a tank DK as an argonian once the changes go through.

At launch, Argonian DK tank made sense. Nord's damage reduction didn't factor in because you were softcapped on armor (it was just an armor bonus) anyway, and Imperial health modifiers were also moot because of softcaps to health. So incoming healing was pretty good for tanks, the only thing that was arguably better was red diamond on Imperial because of a bug with caltrops (Imp tanks could heal constantly just by laying caltrops on top of the boss)

But things have changed. Now argonian is going to be no better than like.. Altmer for tank.

Justice system was to be PVP but they dropped it because of carebears

Woah wait.... can you actually play a skeleman in this game?

DLC race

Do not listen to this man You get it from doing a quest in the base game.

Anyway, good to see there's someone else out there!

It literally died with the cucking, you're just feasting on its rotting corpse, like anyone who browses /v/

as long as dueling is not open but quarantined within instanced areas like an arena or mansion as you said. I just don't want the outside of Ironforge in this game.

Is this game worth playing?

yes

Yea, for all I care it could be forced to either be outside the cities (like the NPC duels) or placed at designated Arenas in each zone. I just want more stuff placed into the hands of the players. The housing is a good step, I just hope they don't fuck it up and actually allows us to have a lot of options to do whatever we want in them.

I've seen some NPC's duel in Anvil. I mean I've seen the mage duels in the wild too but there was actually a pair of fist fighting NPC's outside of a tavern in Anvil. They were calling each other ugly and shit to piss each other off too. I think it was an Imperial male and he beat a Nord female.

Then they walked into the Tavern and got drinks together.

>Upgrading gear from level 16
>Was crafted for me with the Argonian style
>Decide to try Nord
Ehh, not really my style, but it's not bad. I'll live with it until I get to level 40 then I'll just craft a new set again.

The general's guild is actually pretty good. Memeing is at a minimum, and the people are pretty chill.

Most fun MMO I've played in a long time. I'd actually rather play this than get back into WoW or FFXIV even though my friends are playing those. I thought the game was gonna be crap, but it's far surpassed my expectations so far. If you like PvP, then the Imperial City DLC will make you cry tears of joy.

That's sexist!

Equal rights equal fights, I mean he certainly didn't see her as a "weaker sex" and it was a close fist fight and she was taller and bigger than him.

So pretty fair fight.

B-but she lost, so he literally raped her!
I know, I know

Nah the rape came later after they went into the tavern for drinks together.

>watching an ESO stream and some guy is manning 3 trebuchets all by himself
Why have I not thought of this.

Is there any reason to do alchemist writs? What's the best things you can get from them?

>get less xp than just crafting a potion
>no gold temper items or anything like that
>get 3 reagent water and a few mats maybe a survey to some mats

Not really. some people argued it was good for leveling with but it's better to just crank out potions.

Very quick to finish, and the 666 gold + few regs/water make it easily worth it.

I should add, all the writs are worth doing for quick gold in your daily routine. Get lazy writ creator and the potion maker addons and you can knock them out and get your 4k gold in short order. Keep the skill at the second highest level to hand in at craglorn for the chance at nirncrux with the surveys unless you plan to make stuff you want to use. I have two characters I do the writs with - the gold reward is related to character level: 666 gold for max lvl, some lower amount for low level character, doesn't matter if you're handing in the writs to the starter zone, gold can still be 666, but higher level writs do seem to have better chance at the good tempers.

I do all writs except alchemist, but if the only thing alch gets is a chance at nirncrux, I'm not sure it's worth doing.

Actually it probably is. Well other than the detour to Belkarth. My other alts are at max because I find getting void mats too hard.

Time spent for the gold and items you get is probably still better than any other quest or activity other than trading and other writs.

On that note I can't wait for One Tamriel so I can use Rawl'Kha as my crating place, so the boards, stations, bank and wayshrine are close to each other.

Does legitimate pve exist in this game? I really like the class system and build variety and shit, but the only draw for me in MMOs is endgame pve shit.

There's trials and vet dungeons to do as far as pve goes. I'd apply for a decent PvE guild for consistent groups/raids.

Rawl'kha is going to be so packed when that patch/exp comes out. I wonder how hard it will be to join one of the trading guilds there.

cool, good to know.

Aren't the main trading guilds at Craglorn atm?
They'll probably start migrating to Rawl'kha, so just join them now.

>tfw my trade guild got kicked out of rawl'kha by another
>tfw I join the trade guild that kicked us out

feelsgoodman

Rawl'kha is the go-to trade hub, along with deshaan, stormhaven.

na pc craglorn is ded

Only nirncrux-related businesses are done there afaik.

Why the fuck did they make T10 crafting cost so much material? Back when T9 (voidstone/shadowhide) was the top tier material it didn't cost that much and you actually got a decent amount of material when you deconstructed shit. Having to grab 700+ in a material to craft a full suit is just frustrating more than anything else.

potential noob here. Did basic research, know basic games systems. is a magica nb vampire lifesteal style tank build viable for pve content? resto staff/fire staff, dunmer.

Refreshing path, swallow soul, invigorating drain (spam spell), inner fire, mutagen, and devouring swarm?

Shadow Barrier passive on refreshing path+Mutagen to handle burst damage. Endless self healing to handle sustained damage or burst periods.

>tank build
>resto staff/fire staff

I know you can figure this out, user

i know. I'm just wondering how much of a raw requirement a shield is and if i can remove the requirement through superior lifesteal.

The costs aren't so drastic that you can't craft a set or two with the gold you'll have when you hit 160. I guess they wanted the top tier material to sit above the vendor price - keep some value.

>how much of a raw requirement a shield is

pretty raw, seeing as s&b is the only weapon tree with taunt

i tank/heal/dps in runs if we're desperate

i have 17k health
i don't die
i pull 20k+
the group doesn't die because funnel health
i run destro/destro and inner fire
nbs are fun that way

except inner fire is a taunt

>using a reaction pic from dream high
ayy

>is a magica nb vampire lifesteal style tank build viable for pve content?
>I'm just wondering how much of a raw requirement a shield is and if i can remove the requirement through superior lifesteal.

SB is an absolute requirement for proper tanking. There is no way around it, you NEED the block mitigation, and it is the most efficient means for hitting the armour cap. Contrary to what this user says however, you don't need the taunt. Unless you are a DK (and consequentially have chains), you NEED the ranged undaunted taunt. There is no substitute in spread out fights, you can't afford to be running around taunting things, you need to be able to bring enemies to you.

On the subject of NB tanks, NB tanks are extremely strong (IMO on par with DK, saying that as a magNB tank that has run all trials except vMoL), but they are pretty complex. Their buff rotation is a lot more hectic than a DK's, as their major ward/resolve buff is only 11 seconds duration, and they need to keep 5 different buffs up constantly to be most effective (Refreshing Path, Siphoning Attacks, Mirage, Structured Entropy and Swallow Soul) on top of keeping the taunts up.

If you are new, you want to focus on having decent gear, as this is vital for NB tanks more than most, as your sustain is based on your damage rather than percentages like DK. You want to level your crafting, especially blacksmithing, and get researching traits, as the best armour is high trait stuff (my preferred magNB tank set being Kagrenac's Hope, which is 8 trait). You will also want to save money for Willpower jewelry, which is pretty important, as well as spell damage enchantments to put on them. Beyond armour, it's also super important to have enchanting leveled, or else you will get jewed on your glyphs, as well as provisioning and alchemy, as access to proper food is fantastic from the start, and vital at endgame, as is access to proper potions (don't waste mats on potions under CP160 though).

>Keep getting randomly kicked back to login screen randomly every so often
>No error message
>Not disconnected from the internet
>Only been happening over the last week or so

Anyone else experiencing this? Getting really fucking frustrating. I'm on the EU server.

happens to me too sporadically

started happening a week or two ago as well. na pc

That and 1000ms ping out of nowhere.

Are stampler viable in lategame? Friends and I started playing the game again and everyone made a new char. Because I already have a NB and had some fun with a templar healer (leveled him from lvl1 to V5 some time ago) I created a Templar and wanted to make a Jack of all trades kinda dude and now I wanted to ask you if you think that that kinda thing is even viable.

It may not be the only reason, but for me that happened because the game can't tolerate more than two seconds or so of the connection being broken. Also, it may not look like the internet goes down, because it only has to stop briefly anywhere between you and the game, other bits of the internet can be fine.

Stamplars are very good late/endgame. You'd be best going for only one role, reason being for maximum effectiveness. Don't get me wrong, you can be a tanky DPS with decent self heals, but it would be detrimental to spread your role across the whole board as a jack of all trades, Pve or PvP scenario included.

The only class I know off that can tank without a shield are sorcerers who stack barriers but that is NOT something I recommend for beginners.

Such a tank relies on Overload to restore magicka that he later transform into stamina and health trough Dark deal. Such a tank generally don't need a healer but he's fucked once he runs out of juice.

Not sure what it's like for Stamplar but being slightly more jack-of-all-trades is a pretty good route for a Magplar in PvP. In fact, most classes in PvP require you to sacrifice something to increase your survivability (the minimum for a stam builds focused on damage is obviously running Vigor).

Is Orsinium still part of the Daggerfall Covenant after the crowning of Bazrag?

F

>Press F to pay respects
That's a tusking /v/ tier.
Leave.

Yes, as there's still a war to win! However, as part of the war-treaty no armies of the covenant, Whether breton or redguard are allowed in orsinium. Due to both previous races numerous sackings and destruction of previous orsiniums.

>MUH /V/

Fuck off cuck.

>Fuck off cuck.
You're a disgrace to /tesog/.

>disgust.png

Don't get too triggered there fag.