/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, July 8th:
1099 – Some 15,000 starving Christian soldiers begin the siege of Jerusalem by marching in a religious procession around the city as its Muslim defenders watch.
1709 – Peter I of Russia defeats Charles XII of Sweden at the Battle of Poltava, thus effectively ending Sweden's time as a major power in Europe.
1853 – The Perry Expedition arrives in Edo Bay with a treaty requesting trade.

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 13 - Warrior Women
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-2-dd-13-pagans-advisors-and-warrior-women.955632/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.1 - 20/06/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10695683
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Codreanu

rate

here is your (you)

>Netherlands Essex
>German Baltics
>Independent Switzerland
>Italian Albania

I'm more confused than anything else

Rate my map

Random nazi dude that pops up when I search "Wittgenstein" on google.

>Großthis
>Großthat
>Großthing
Yeah, that map is pretty Gross alright.

September 1st, 1939

The Final Straw was laid, and thus, the camels back was broken, the world was thrown into war. To save the Germans who have been oppressed under the Fascist Polish Government, Mein Fuhrer Adolf Hitler launched the Invasion of Poland, many of our fellow soldiers were excited, to avenge out fallen German brothers, to make the Poland pay for their crimes against the Germans

I was one of the few lucky generals selected for the invasion, even though I was a young lad, fresh from the academy, the Fuhrer saw something special in me, God bless his soul, he deserved better. I would serve along other top generals for the mission, it was spectacular that day, watching those Titans fight to Warsaw, their skills were simply incredible, General Guderian was with us, and that signified that this was going to be an easy victory. Secretary Goering worked in Berlin, providing us the air support we need. I was given control of my own Battalion.

And the stage was set, we advanced on Poland, and I was ready to make those Poles pay, I still can feel it, the rush, the adrenaline. God, I miss it all, but in the end, those Poles sure did pay

While resupplying in the merchant republic of Inizi Mor Breizh, Vytautas hears word of a Catholic Crusade for Al-Andalus, an unprecedented religious invasion. Though of little direct concern to the peoples of the Imperija Lietuvos, he passes word along to Laima, the High Priestess, hoping that perhaps she might be able to glean something from it.

In Vilnius, High Priestess Laima and Vaiga meet in secret with military and religious figures, drawing up plans. After some time, the High Priestess addresses the faithful at Salcininkai: the Romuva faithful should prepare to take up arms in the name of Dievs. Soon, a Great Holy War will be declared to drive the infidels into the sea, all that remains to be decided is which devil dogs will meet their false gods first.

Using the Breton island republic as a base to raid Ireland from, Vytautas receives grim news from home: an army of peasants have risen up under the command of a disgruntled veteran of the Old Dog’s Rebellion. Vytautas and his companions immediately set sail for the port of Krantas to put down the rebellion.

Marching from the Gulf of Danzig, Vytautas bolsters his raiders with levies from Trakai, Vilnius, and Polotsk. In a bold move, he fords the Smolnya into Krasen, doing battle with the underequipped rebels along its sandy banks. They are easily crushed, and the insurrection comes to an end.

Having achieved catharsis along the banks of that bloody river, Vytautas again retires to Vilnius to chase women once again, this time pursuing a young woman named Laima.

Dievas nori!

September 16, 1939

Warsaw has fallen, and so did the Polish Government, it felt great, knowing that we saved the Germans living under Poland, I was awarded many medals for my actions in the battle, I knew Hitler would grew to like me, he was a great man.

But his ambitions, his dreams for us, they were a little great, too big, we thought he was crazy at first, but as the wheels of time keep spinning , he proved us all wrong

But enough of that, I must get some shut eye soon, tomorrow is a big day for us

How did you get the HoI5 demo so early?

is this a fucking phone game

So now that half my subjects want me dead, how do I go about systematically replacing all of them with non-pict subjects.

Or, When do I get the scot culture flip thing, to become scotland.

GET

SHIT

ON

forgot screenshot.

ALL LANDS UNDER BADENREICH

Android. Good for tablets too.

September 27, 1939

As we marched through Poland, the world did not agree with our actions, and declared war on us. We did not want war, we were only protecting ethnic Germans from Poliah oppressors, but our pleads fell on deaf ears. We must protect our borders

I was moved to the Western Front, we were poised to strike, as France declared war on us, so did the British, the Dutch, the Belgiums and the Danes. We were alone and the situation looked grim. We were all convinced we were gonna lose, until he came to our side

Manstein, the legendary General of the German Reich, only matched by Eisenhower of America and Zhukov of the Soviet Union, we were destined to win. To be honest, back then, they all seemed like Giants, but now, they're only human like the rest of us

Don't ever post this again

How does one win starting with one half of Iceland, earliest era, no cheats, on CK2??

I started as the west guy, declared war on the east guy, he has more troops.

So I restart as the east guy, declare war on the west guy... and he has more troops.

what are you and your wife's son going to do about if fgt

what the fuck stupid phone game is this?

you git gud

seriously though.. is the AI always going to have higher levis?

do i have to wait for my steward to win the chance of free troops thanks to the "build legend" order to overwhelm the somehow always stronger neighbor?

I just got this game while it was on the summer sale. Thought it would be similar to Vicky2 and HOI4... but nope.

you roleplaying this like an anime son?

raid shit.
get money
get bitches
get prestige
tribal army.

After agonizing weeks of flirtation, gift-sending, and secret notes, Vytautas finally finds himself alone and more than a little drunk with the beautiful Laima. Needless to say, the night is eventful, and the young emperor finds himself sneaking back into his palace just as day is breaking. Thrilled by the chase, Vytautas elects to stay behind in the Imperija to administrate the realm, and absolutely nothing else. Absolutely nothing else.

In September, disaster strikes the Kovasatis family. Vaiga, court priestess of the Imperija and close advisor to both Vytautas and his late father, dies during childbirth at the age of thirty four. Vytautas abandons his harem of lovers in Vilnius to travel to Vaiga’s temple at Krantas for the funeral. With his kinsman gathered around the pyre, the High Priestess herself chants the rites to Dievs, returning Vaiga’s spirit to the sky. Caught up by a wind of grief, Vytautas renames the temple Vaigasyklas, in honour of his wise cousin.

In honour of her memory, he raises another host of two thousand raiders to pillage the coasts of the Mediterranean.

That doesn't really work when yous tart early game on Island. There's no one to raid.

Basically, hope you can get the Build Legend event, get the increased levy event from your marshal, and pray. Once you have the island, hope you can scoop up the Faroes if they go independent.

dont play in fucking Iceland, or any other poor barren place, just look at the tax map....
why do people new to ck2 think those places are good to learn the game?
pick an iberian kingdom, a french duke or the king himself, or maybe an irish count and form Ireland (get claim on the weakest neighbor, snowball the rest of them) as that's what most people did in their first game incluiding me

Doesn't Iceland have boats? they should be able to sail and raid.

Ireland isn't as easy as it used to be to snowball. My start suggestions are:
Duke of Aquitaine for feudal, and one of the stronger Baltic chiefdoms for tribal.

post map

>voting to imprison yourself
damn masochists

yeah Aquitaine should be easy and fun, crashing the french kingdom from within is just too easy

Playing ironmeme, delightfully surprised at the lack of tragedy and disappointment so far (besides Kovas II dying in battle). up until about three years ago, Jutland controlled a decent kingdom all the way to the Alps for a solid two decades.

It's great. You're a powerful vassal, it's easy to expand within France, and since you have so many troops that the King can't touch, it's easy to win a Crusade and go independent without any bloodshed. Reuniting the Occitanians is one of my favourite game goals.

>Saint Empire Romain
They're missing the "Germanique" part

November 17, 1939

The waves crashed on to the cliffside, and a morning fog has descended on the horizon, the fresh crisp smell of the morning ocean fills my lungs as I stood there, taking in the beautiful scenery, I remember it all so fondly, the morning before the Invasion, the Came before the storm

As we marched into Paris and raise our flag high above the Zeffirelli Tower, we plead the British Empire for peace in this bloody war, but once again, our pleads fell on the deaf ears of the ignorant, the mighty Royal Navy now threatens our shores.

We cannot allow this, and so Hitler and his war council executed Operation Sea Lion, invade Britain and defeat the Royal Navy and bring a quick end to this war.

I stood there, watching, waiting, for something that I do not know, but what I know is my destiny is across this channel, I took one big look, don my Military Jacket, and set to base, preparing for the big day tomorrow

>SER in France
>ditch the germanic part
Looks fine to me

Why do they keep making unnecessary remakes instead of finally giving us what we've always wanted without knowing it? I'm talking about PREHISTORIC GSG WHEN

The Korean/Finnish Hyper War is still a touchy subject to this day, Paradox cannot make a prehistoric GSG without controversy.

Never forget the six trillion Han POW's slaughtered in the Finnish steam chambers.

After agonizing weeks of flirtation, gift-sending, and secret notes, Vytautas finally finds himself alone and more than a little drunk with the beautiful Laima. Needless to say, the night is eventful, and the young emperor finds himself sneaking back into his palace just as day is breaking. Thrilled by the chase, Vytautas elects to stay behind in the Imperija to administrate the realm, and absolutely nothing else. Absolutely nothing else.

In September, disaster strikes the Kovasatis family. Vaiga, court priestess of the Imperija and close advisor to both Vytautas and his late father, dies during childbirth at the age of thirty four. Vytautas abandons his harem of lovers in Vilnius to travel to Vaiga’s temple at Krantas for the funeral. With his kinsman gathered around the pyre, the High Priestess herself chants the rites to Dievs, returning Vaiga’s spirit to the sky. Caught up by a wind of grief, Vytautas renames the temple Vaigasyklas, in honour of his wise cousin.

In honour of her memory, he raises another host of two thousand raiders to pillage the coasts of the Mediterranean.

After two years at sea, Vytautas returns to Vilnius with chests full of countless treasures plucked from Ireland, Al-Andalus, and Sardinia. The young emperor could not have returned sooner; shortly after arriving, a number of malcontent chiefs deliver their demands for independence. For the second time in his reign, Vytautas is tasked with keeping the Imperija from splintering through force of arms. The levies are quickly raised.

My first game was amalfi in the old gods start
I ended up owning most the world by the end

Oh fuck you, you and your 6 gorigillions, the Korean's hyperbeam condemned the entire finnish population to a life of autism for eternity.

What kind of imaginary map is this?

>that brittany

Is Jutland part of Germany proper?

Any blobbing I do I want to be somewhat realistic, so maximum lebensraum is a nogo

Let Denmark have it for aesthetic borders.

What about Schleswig-Holstein?

Also curious about Switzerland: all of it, the German parts, or none of it?

I also managed to land a relative on their thrown.

wut

should I get her to tutor my heir?

If I recall that character is only there for some weird behind the scenes stuff and you can't interact with her.

im starting to reconsider the use of retinuees unless my culture has some op troops like HC or cacaphracts. They are too damn expensive and that money would help me better develop the kingdom much faster

did anyone else came to this conclusion?

The WW2 map is pretty retarded, but mostly it's one continuous world, which is the upside about it

I prefer the Napoleonic Wars map as its the most realistically accurate of them all
Save for the HRE being alive and including Austria in it
It's still my favourite one

Also up for debate: eastern and western borders

everyone hates me for it but soon I will have a demii-god

someone post the mp of the Ancient Finnish Empire

was that shit real?

Of course you fuckwit

i meant MAP

Another one victim to the Hwan propaganda.

DER MÄCHTIGSTE KÖNIG IM LUFTREVIER

He came back an imbecile. damn

In other news: uber kek

Does the overpriced council dlc cause Umayyad and Byzantium to collapse in charlesmeme start? It's the only reason id consider getting it.

Why would you want poor Byz to collapse?

Lads?

Gotta keep this irish blood pure.

Holstein in the south of Denmark could be considered rightful German clay. The two countries had a couple of wars about it. Rest is pure Nordic though.

Gathering the fighting men of Vilnius, Vytautas marches west, rallying loyal chiefs behind him as he goes. Sending word ahead to the raiders still stationed at Krantas, he joins the two forces at Galinda, turning south to strike at the still rallying rebels. Throwing caution to the wind, Vytautas’ army strikes hard at the fragmented traitor chiefs before they can combine forces, handily crushing the individual armies.

As the war drags on, Vytautas’ centralized army sees great success in Mazowsze, quickly sieging down the hillfort at Czersk and mopping up the scattered bands around Plock. However, with all of his men congregated in the west, smaller rebel hosts have taken hold of hillforts in Deltuva, a mere stone’s throw from Vilnius. In a desperate pursuit, Vytautas marches north as fast as his men will allow.

Stopping in Vilnius briefly to rest and resupply before retaking Deltuva, Vytautus recieves wonderful news: his lover Zemyna has given birth to a beautiful baby boy. She suggests the name Kovas; Vytautas is overjoyed by the suggestion. He only hopes that the boy will be able to grow up in a less fractured Imperija Lietuvos. After a passionate night with Laima, his other lover, he continues north.

>That Belgian Border

lad...

If I'm using HiP and want to remove shattered retreat should I edit the relevant file in the HiP directory or in the main game one ?

Can I do this mid-campaign without it breaking my game?

When are they going to release that fucking update that'll let us disable the features we don't want in CK2?

>France minimod guy is dead
>New version never

Anyone here played Bavaria or any other German minor in Vicky 2?

What do you do, as in goals? Does Prussia always fuck you?

Antonescu

All of Europe is German, they just don't remember

Dude.
Zombies.
LMAO.

Are they really adding zombies?

This game needed to die a long time ago

Flavour text for expanded epidemic events talks of the dead roaming the earth. Hopefully this is just making fun of Sunset Invasion.

Immortality on the other hand.

Any tips for South Africa in HPM lads

Give the blacks self rule

strawpoll.me/10695683

Come to think of it: I'm still fiddling with my flags:

Do you guys think Coats of Arms or flags fit EU4 more?

How about real tips tho

give the blacks self rule to your gas chambers

test

>lord forces me to end my faction to take pictland back for the irish
>My son starts a faction placing me as ruler

I've never been more proud of a virtual boy.

Genocide is your friend

Charlesmeme ain't so bad, look at all this fun!

>african foothold in lombard
How is that even a thing.

>tfw never manage to commit to a game of CK2 beyond the first few years anymore

How to i reignite the magic and stop restarting constantly?

try something new. Start as that jewish african and create a African jew utopia.

>you cant kill yourself anymore after getting depressed

>king of Jerusalem
>vassalize Templars and Hospitaliers
>attacked by an adventurer
>Templars hold some random castle in Scotland
>the adventurer army which declares war for Sinai spawns in Scotland and takes the Templar castle there

amazing

>genociding the brits

The Soviet Union has accepted a non-aggression pact once again. Operation Sea Lion soon.

Now, how do I shape Europa's borders?
Pic related is my suggestion.

I made a mistake. Switzerland isn't supposed to be Italian.

I'll leave little Helvetia alone. They make good chocolate.

An unfortunate side effect. I just pretended the Eternal Anglo was subverting the nation of the Boers and had to be removed.