Edg/ Elite: Dangerous General

Too stubborn to die edition

>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The more population the better.

>What's this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES in best left until you have a Vulture or better.

>Pilots Guide:
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34437&p=664610&viewfull=1#post664610

>Steam Group (post your commander info in the announcement so we can add you)
steamcommunity.com/groups/dangerousgeneral

>Change HUD color:
pcgamer.com/how-to-change-the-colour-of-your-ships-hud-in-elite-dangerous/
arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

>Markets Tools:
eddb.io/trade/loops
elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Ship discounts (report these as you find them)
All systems exploited by Li Yong-Rui have a discount on ships and outfits for example:
NU TAURI - Parmitano Terminal
BD+28 413 - Gunn Station

>Horizons? Engineers? What?
Horizons DLC added planetary landings, explore planets with the blue icon and gather materials for special boosts, ammunition or Engineer upgrades that modify your ship modules.
>List of Engineers & blueprints:
inara.cz/galaxy-blueprints
inara.cz/galaxy-engineers

>Test your ships before you buy:
edshipyard.com/
coriolis.io/

>/edg/ faction stuff from the previous thread:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rDxVVfavgiEdr9CbNS51j9wYHpXyz25H7uu7O6TeDzA/edit#gid=0

Don't you dare buy a Cobra, we'll know.
>praise the vision

PREVIOUS THREAD:

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/268658-The-Engineers-(2-1)-feedback-and-planned-updates
coriolis.io/outfit/asp/0pitiFflidfsnf52k2kkpkp2j2j020304040504402t02012f.Iw18WQ==.MwBjCYxBGW-BkAsIViA=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if this dies I'll kill myself

Just let it go user.

;_;

No, we have to see the end of DGs.
>Russians vs Forumdads & r/cuckoldangerous
This is like the best thing ever.

Russians are king of grinding only seconded by Koreans, so I bet they are going to win the second DG too. But we all know GalCop or Gyarucappu or whatever is not going to sit and watch.

One of these three things will happen :
>GalCop, with support of FTroop, somehow wins.
>Russians win. But GalCop is special snowflake, so they somehow get their own power
>Suddenly ayy lmaos. Dangerous Games get cancelled and everyone is forced to do 'Hand in ayy lmao bounties' bullshit

Quite a tempting proposition there, chap.

*grins*

>Giving engineers a try
>Drove around a planet for 2 hours for 1 (one) arsenic
How did they think this was ok?

*chuckles in the background*

The last thread died because everyone was too busy playing and having fun and that hateful shitposting bastard fell asleep.

But im awake. Is there more than one hateful bastard? Edg is shitposting of peace!

>you choose elite dangerous even though you suck at flying

>not reading system map to see type of planet and abundance of resources
How did you think every planet is going to be an endless gold mine?

>that hateful shitposting bastard fell asleep.

I got drunk and watched the chimpening.

Sorry, daddykins~~

>What's this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES in best left until you have a Vulture or better.

We fucking never talk about RES since 2014. If by now people don't know what this is, they should fucing jump off a bridge.

Thread dies when I sleep. Is everyone here EU/UK?

I command you to do more shitposting so this thread never dies again.

>grindy gameplay
>grindy thread

All I wanted was a fun space game... ;_;

>engineers are fine, game is perfect, it's not a grind if you don't grind
t. Dad

I grinded out one (1) level for Farseer last night, saw all possible mod options and their requirements, and promptly decided to drop it. Didn't FD say something about reducing engineer mat requirements?

Not again...

Fuck this guy

How sweet :3

They're planning on scanners actually being useful and telling you more clearly where you can find deposits as well as increasing the amount you collect per spawn. They have an announcement on the gsme's steam page.

>increasing the amount you collect per spawn.

Fucking finally. I'm not touching engineers again until they're changed.

Post more, asshole dads.

o7

Amazing.

Is this a worthwhile way to make spess dosh?

>be me, fresh bought Sothis python
>5x mine launchers
>INTERDICTION DETECTED
>FGS, typical pirate spiel
>drop mines while boosting
>mines actually good now for pve at least
>FGS shields go down, all hardpoints shredded to 0%
>back to supercruise, Sothis Mining awaits
>INTERDICTION DETECTED
>same FGS, YOU'RE MINE NOW
>sits and stares at me, all guns still at 0%

Rinse and repeat about 6 or so times, god damnit ftroop I got spessbucks to collect

>Random tip-off mission
>Data core hasn't spawned
>Switch session
>Switch session
>Meet random commando coming after the same wreck
>Look for a data core together
>Switch session
>Fly around, find drilling station
>Land, hands sweating to grab all that ore
>SRV deployed through the planet
>Switch session
>Empty plains with no signs of activity

ELIIIIIIIIITE, why do you have to blue ball me so hard?
At least I have a bunch of various weapon crates and a whole 1 bit of cadmium.

>see npc message signalling imminent interdiction
>quit to menu

- or -

>interdicted
>activate macro to kill process

:^)

Is this worth playing now?

Is it still extremely grindy?

Is the xpac worth buying?

Any interesting addition?

Is the multiplayer fixed, worth playing it over sp?

>Is this worth playing now?
No.
>Is it still extremely grindy?
Yes.
>Is the xpac worth buying?
No.
>Any interesting addition?
More grind.
>Is the multiplayer fixed, worth playing it over sp?
No to both.

Yes to all, except to the last one, what's multiplayer?
But don't think, don't wait for a sale, just buy it!

>Is this worth playing now?

Maybe. Depends on your preferences. Most people find the initial honeymoon phase to be extremely compelling, and then it kinda goes south as you encounter the grind. Some people don't hit that wall. Again, preference.

>Is it still extremely grindy?

Yes.

>Is the xpac worth buying?

It extends the honeymoon phase by a few hours, and also gives access to the rest of the season's/year's additions.

>Any interesting addition?

Planetary landings, rovers, engineers. Latter is very grindy.

Later on it will include multicrew, character customisation and ship launched fighters. ETA unknown, as is quality/usability.

>Is the multiplayer fixed

"Working as intended"

>worth playing it over sp?

If you enjoy seeing players once in a blue moon and sometimes having them slap your shit, sure.

I HAD A REVELATION!

>In a stunning turn of events galaxy-wide dadvolution happens
>All these glitchy powerplay faction leaders are dethroned
>Winner of dadgerous games gets to pick first
>One after another even dad space dadsplorers get to pick a faction they take over
>Dads grumble that they weren't allowed first to pick what they wanted, but still roll with it
>Buggedplay mechanics are patched and improved

The galaxy is safe, commanders!

These memes are getting more and more pathetic.

Noice. If some photoshop wizard could layer in a generic in-game galaxy background behind the sails/rigging, you'd only need to add a subtle ED logo for absolute perfection.

eric, simbly eric

Aye-aye, CMDR.

>imperial ship interior.jpg

*deploys hardpoints*

>finishing today's fifth sothis run

"I also understand the frustrations with content that might not be what you specifically were looking for but it's also important to understand there are players with so many different aims and aspirations. That's what’s awesome about having a game where you can blaze your own trail." ~Zac Antonacci

>this is what frontier actually believes

>blaze your own trail

Out of nothing but grinding. Do they not realise that that's all there is to the game?
Watching numbers go up in small ships, then in slightly bigger ships and then in big ones?

Damn, I was going to fuck off 5000 ly away for that engie, but I start to feel like that can wait...

It can. I was grinding Engineers until I heard they were going to shorten the grind by a lot, now I'm not even going to bother with it until they release this:

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/268658-The-Engineers-(2-1)-feedback-and-planned-updates

They're gonna tweak engie requirements in the next patch anyways, I'd hold off until then.

How can there be sound in space?

There's air in your cockpit. Also the cockpit literally plays fake sounds for stuff.

it's conducted through the same matter that causes your ship to slow down when turn flight assist on at max speed

Those are retrograde thrusters. The matter is the stuff that makes there be a max speed in the first place.

the matter is also what burns when laser goes through it making the beams visible

Would be cool if lasers weren't visible in the broken part of a smashed canopy, like it was just a HUD projection for easy visibility

Ded thred

>Brett said he would contact emails associated with group forms today
>it's late evening and no email
I actually hate Frontier and everything that has to do with them

So they are blaming their customers for not liking the product again? Just like they did after Powerplay?

Unbelievable.

Yeah, I have read it before, but I still want to screw around with FSD and thrusters while we wait.

After all, this led me to try mining and feel all those mats drop. I hope they tweak drop rates for rares or reduce their requirement, because Lord Braben knows, I don't want any more carbon.

It's pretty much the same shit car manufacturers put in their cars. How to make that puny 4-cylinder engine sound good? Just play a neat roaring sound through audio system.

It's like they think we're petulant children who are never satisfied with anything. I mean, we are, but that's not relevant here.

The main complaint with the game is and always has been "mile wide inch deep." There's nothing to do except increase your credit balance. There's no way to meaningfully interact with the game world. You can't play with the sand in the sand box.

They KNOW this is the primary criticism in the game, and yet they continue to add new shitty grinds to the game instead of making an attempt to implement some real content, and then act like we should be sucking their dicks like the dads do.

>shit car manufacturers

They're not even the ones doing it. Companies like BMW are actually the biggest offenders of this, even in their high end cars. This from the company that mounts fake exhaust pipes on their cars, and has removed the fucking dipstick from all their new models.

I hope memeing fucks here realise that ftroop are the real babyboomer dads, not those irrelevant fucks on the forums.

Maybe that will put the whole situation into perspective for those who still hope that some mythical "potential" may be realized in the distant future.

Abandon all hope.

SPACELEGS WHEN

how did I not see this sooner

Season 3, not even kidding

>sick of Ftroop and their shit game
>fire up star citizen alpha launcher
>log in
>standing in port olisar
>turn around
>game crashes to desktop

We're never going to get the game we want, are we?

____X4____

There are 21 posters in this thread.

At least three of them are me posting from different IPs.

Help us braben

What this game needs is cute furry aliens.

What this game needs is waifus

>installs an alpha
>gets alpha
>is surprised

OP misspelled /scg/ when he was making this thread

On the bright side things are starting to rev up in the SC camp. Last few AtVs have been nice

This games needs ERP

If they really believe this they're as out of touch as our presidential candidates.
Even their media department (youtubers) are going to turn against them if they don't stop this retardation.

Haha, the only bright side thing for SC camp is that COD:IW is upon them (and us), to put everyone out of their misery.

IW is a flop though.

>youtubers
>turn against the thing that makes them money
The recent band aid patch for engies was enough for Kornelius "Butthurt Belt" Briedis to jump back on ftroops lap and release an apology video where he thanks them for "listening to the community".

Same goes for Obsidian Dad when ftroop half assedly adresses at least 1/100 of his complaints. Also, that cheeky fucker literally conned his fans into buying him a new top shelf PC.

You need to get rid of that /v/ermin habit of sucking random e-celeb dicks m8.

I'm actually looking forward to playing IW, seems neat enough. But it isn't really even in the same genre as ED and SC.

Procedural planets by the end of the year should be p nice

This is the game changer. This is the ultimate keybind.

this thing, asking for money in a video for a game because the gfx-card burned, was strange.

Controversy breeds ratings.
Their most popular videos are the ones where they call frontier out.

Yeah, like every COD before it.

As a battlefielder, I must embarrassingly admit that "fantasy WWI" Battlefront reskin turned out to be less appealing than IW.

That's factually not true. You can go to their playlists and sort their vids by views.

It will be ship reviews and vids about """exploration""", not rants.

It's weird, with IW and BF1 we saw a massive paradigm shift where CoD players jumped ship because they felt betrayed by Infinity Ward or sumshit. After years of wanting something different they finally deliver and it gets met with unbridled scorn.

>gets met with unbridled scorn
>implying that it will not sell well
>implying it's not neckbeard hate train behind youtube dislikes

I haven't played a CoD since CoD 2, but IW is the first one that's caught my attention since then. I'm all about some high fidelity space autism.

I'm not saying it isn't going to sell well at all my dude. But if you pay attention to the comments and ratings on the IW videos you can tell cawadoodie fan boys are pretty mad.

There's not enough neckbeards to make the dislike bar that long, user.

>cawadoodie fan boys are pretty mad
This fucking puzzles me. Are they not tired of brown and bloom Iraq/Afgan and fake russian accents yet?

Finally something new in a stagnant series and xbone niggers shit on it.

Who here /grinding money without ever spending it/?

coriolis.io/outfit/asp/0pitiFflidfsnf52k2kkpkp2j2j020304040504402t02012f.Iw18WQ==.MwBjCYxBGW-BkAsIViA=

Am I doing it right for Sothis?

5a fuel scoop. What you lose in capacity you more than make up for in time.
Swap to a D shield.
Downgrade the power plant to a 3A. You gain jump range and heat efficiency.
You dont need boosters or point defense, add a chaff launcher to inturrupt scans when smuggling.

Cant crouch in zero g

Oh shit they fixed that? I remember that chaff did fuck all against npcs a year ago