>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_1

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed) (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

old

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698364760
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for THE LADY

Vampire chan every single day

she's not even that hot tbqh.

Quick reminder that all of CA are at Thorpe Park today.

When was the last time you were at a company wide outing /twg/?

>Dismounted generals are slow as fuck
>Generals on horses are fast and have good charge, but are literally useless in sieges
>Flying generals are cool and great in combat, but can't chase down other lords because they keep missing them
What do?

Dead bodies are usually cold f'am

Dismount Generals during sieges?

Bring some heroes so you can have one on each.

I haven't even been on a normal outing.

Who's the redhead?

>you will never hammer Grace's anvil

Heroes, user. I try to have four characters in every army. My core right now is Mannfred on a zombie dragon with vamp magic, a Vampire on a horse with shadow magic, a wight king on foot to pin down the battle line with the grave guard, and a banshee to roll through and assassinate enemy characters.

Grace, she runs the twitter, facebook and instagram.

total qt

>wight king not on horse
delete this

So when I eventually unlock a mount for a lord, do those lines over the stat bars indicate the max stat?

So If I really beef up Azhag for example with melee traits, but as soon as I put him on Skullmuncha, his melee prowess is literally cut in half? What the fuck

>Companies forcing it's staff to pretend to be friends

No thanks.

>You will never paint Tomb Kings together.

They are all friends user.

I'd rather go home and play Warhams tbqh.

that's what the microwave oven was invented for.

How strong are Forsaken?

Is she mad in the video or what is happening?

just got ambushed while forced marshing hahaha time to die guys

cracked yet?

Looks like she found it flattering

you are genuinely, unironically autistic, there is no other explanation for this inability to understand her actions

always
unique

I was tested but it came back negative.

Total War General

>not using your own body heat

>implying the natural condition of CA's employees is total war?

>Wood Elves still not announced

Its called being social user
It helps to make the workplace more warm and it builds something called networking

You should try one day if you ever get out of underjobs like walmart cashier or gamestop attendant

It's because you're posting too much generic elf shit.

>kill Warrios of Chaos
>they just come back
Uhh

>kill attila
>he just comes back
Uhh

> Tomb Kings still not announced

Sup /twg/, bought Napoleon and Shogun 2 during Steam sales. I am currently playing Napoleon Italy Campaign but I'm just so bad at battles. What am I doing wrong ? I did all three tutorials but it didn't tell me how to use each units strategically.

Which empire hero is best for reducing corruption?

It just takes takes practice to git gud. Also, the Italy campaign is surprisingly hard.

What are you having trouble with? Keep in mind that most often a battle can be won much easier with a correct deployment.

Most of the time I just get overwhelmed by enemy troops, they surround my units and I lose them very quickly

Are Orcs just bad?
Their units kinda suck.

>Kills from spells aren't counted
wew

They're quite bad. They've always been a meme race, but TWW makes things particularly difficult. You're going to be fighting Dwarfs for the majority of your early campaign, but you have no armor piercing damage outside of Black Orcs, boar cavalry, or monsters, all of which are late-game units. And this is dongs when even the cheapest and weakest Dwarfen ranged unit has more armor than your LL.

Supplementary damage effects have never counted. I always get pissed off when my Slavic archers end battles with ~12 kills despite single handedly removing six different units from the field.

nah, big spider, black orcs and giants are good, poison is very effective too, just dont pick Azhag first and get board cav which you can do pretty early on

waaghs help out a lot in the early game as well

Not to sound like an ass, but first thing for you to do would be getting more troops to avoid that, winning with less units than the enemy requires basic knowledge and having learned some tricks, especially since battles in gunpowder era are much more lethal even if your troops are qualitatively superior. Always try to cover the flanks of your units so that they don't get morale penalties when flanked, and keep a mobile reserve on the second line to reinforce where needed. Use cavalry to flank the enemy formation or snipe their artillery, or at least cover your line troops from the enemy's own cavalry. Can't remember if napoleon is like empire in that cavalry charging through friendly units kills them too, use the regular movement order until you're past them.

This mod is pretty neat, can't wait to sperg my generals around the empire to get varied armies and having generals confederated states purely recruit from their homelands

what mod?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698364760

The only downside is that it shows all variations in the building browser, but it looks fine when you hover over them

Well, does it affect if say Middenland confederates or conquers Nordland?

So when you subsume Middeland, are swordsmen from Norden regarded as Middenland or Nordland?

It's bound to the region, not previous owner

Hey guys, is there any ENB/Reshade or setting in-game to enable Depth of Field (DoF)? I believe I have the setting on but I do not see any DoF effect. I'm talking about the pic related.

>posts the same pic every other thread
>too much generic shit

I've only posted it twice.

Fixed

>Wood Elves still not announced

>Beastmen still not announced

>mfw i found the exact settings and program this screenshot uses in 5 seconds of google

>Beastmen still still not announced

I want to star drawing battles scenes like this. How every character is also at a 3/4 view? Shouldn't the red knight be head on charging at the viewer?

Damn I'm a puffy hat kind of guy but those greatswords do looking fucking cool. Like Swiss pikemen.

I just repelled the first Chaos invasion. Should I try and rush for Norsca and lay waste to as much as I can, or recover the ruins they left behind and build up my power? Not having a lot of income right now...

Since I cannot play the game at the moment, do you mean to say the screenshot was made outside of the game? As in the game doesnt have DoF effect?

Specific angles would depend on where their targets are standing and if there are stakes in the way or such, so it could easily be something like this

What a crazy fucking fight. Fucking undead and their reviving soldiers midfight

If you invade norsca, you should be prepared to completely level it, so you'd need a ready force of at least 3 armies. If you just raid them and ruin a few cities they'll just rebuild them. I would just build up your power. As a little hint, when the big invasion starts it becomes really easy to ally with neighbors, so you'll have more help for invading norsca later if you choose to. Allies actually go on crusades with you in this game, it's fun.

This is mostly against Romans, but I'm having trouble fighting infantry hordes with my Hun armies in my latest Attila campaign.

Usually I open up with running away and killing the enemy cav when they come up to attack me, and then I whittle down the troops until I win, but against Romans I'm usually heavily outnumbered because of how the AI likes to engage.

By the time my mounted archers run out of ammo, there's still too many units left for me to feel safe charging in and mopping up the rest, especially since the AI likes bringing lots of spears. Is it a problem with how I'm engaging? I mostly use normal shot vs horses and heavy vs roman infantry.

use all ammo, then retreat and if they attack you again you'll have full ammo and better odds of winning.

Thanks for the advices, will try today !

>Dominate Empire and Dwarf and Chaos on Normal Mode to the point of being bored.
>Try Greenskin Hard Mode
>Get my shit kicked in.

God dammit, any tips?

BIG BLACK ORCS and lots of them.

You need at the least Big uns

You also need boars and Night Gobbo Fanatic archers asap

A lot of the Ork campaign depends on when the Dorfs try and jump you. If they beeline for you you can have a very bad day

Any recommended new unit mods that is 'lore friendly' and is a good addition to the game?

Looking into the southern realm and 'Empire of Sigmar', just want to see your opinion on these 2 mods to give me more variations in the units..

Couldn't even get that far. Dwarves and Rebellions decided they were tired of my shit at turn 28 and just roflstomped me.

Yeah, I regret trying to kill the bloody spears, should have gone South instead.

>5 factions

5 factions with very different combat and campaign playstyle, as opposed to a bunch of clans that all do the same thing save for one or two units.

Real talk, i'd rather have five genuinely distinct factions than fucking barbar NATO.

>not liking having a factions differentiated by what color their pants is

Red pants is best.

Can the Ai use it too?

Say if Averland conquers Hochland, can they field Hochland units?

>5 factions
>only want to play one

what have I done

Haven't looked out for it yet, but the AI can only recruit their own

>8 factions
>they all look the same

Guy who's greenskin campaign got fucked here, should I try my first hard mode on an easier faction like Empire?

You only want to play one now, but just wait. The others will take you.

are warham vamps immune to the sun?

I can't bring myself to betray my own race.

no they are just using sunblock.

thanks for posting this for me

Frost was right all along

I don't understand this shitpost.

"It is not known fully how sunlight effects Vampires, but it is believed that it will only kill the weakest of their kind."

Nehekhara is a desert, famalam. You wouldn't last long in the Sahara if you couldn't survive sunlight.

Stick to what you know, absolutely. You'd be surprised by how different a hard campaign can be from a normal one, even with the same faction.

STIRLAND
T
I
R
L
A
N
D

what about garlic

What's the best way to kill those pesky chaos chariots? They chew up any infantry I throw at them (usually garrison inf) so I try to pepper them with crossbows but they rout before any of them are actually killed. I want them to DIE. Also I tend to kill a lot of my own guys when I shoot at them. whats the best way to do it?

look at full plate greatswords on steam workshop