/evog/ - Evolve General

Back from the dead? edition.

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve (stage 2)?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.

Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>I heard the game was dead?
It was (at least on PC). 100-200 players and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now 18k people are playing it.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Copy paste:

Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total, though some are variations of others. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (The Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

Anyone got a tier list? Who to avoid playing in particular and all that?

Games pretty fun when the lobby is relaxed, just a shame about all the twitch fags and tryhards

Are monster op or am I/my team just bad? They make so much damage, are a tank and fast as hell.

I only win like 3 out of 10 games against monster

Anyone playing right now?

Can we make this the Evolve AND Battleborn general?

You're just fucked if even a single person on your team is retarded, which obviously happens fairly often.

How would anyone play if the server keeps shitting itself?

early on like right now with a lot of new players, monsters will win most of the time unless the 4 hunters communicate. Later on, you'll see hunters begin to win more especially since all 4 can dome and trappers have a instant track button.

Huh, I guess so. I thought it was just one match, but I haven't been able to actually start the last four matches i've been matched into due to disconnecting.

I can start matches but everytime I pick someone I bought I spawn as a hunter from the free rotation.

Do you think there's any real hope of this game being able to prosper now that Dead by Daylight is a thing?

They seem to be very similar games.

This keeps happening to me too, really annoying

Despite looking down on it for a shitty launch and bullshit DLC on top of the base price, I really hope this game does well now that it's f2p. There are too few good asymmetrical games on the market right now and as it stands the game is FUN. Here's to a good run for a decent game.

Between the balance issues and pretty shitty community I doubt it will have any lasting power.

Dead by daylight right now is incredibly unbalanced heavily in survivor's favor, and the devs have no idea how to fix it. Granted, its not much better here, but also Evolve is more combat oriented with more strategy.

yeah apparently they are aware of the bug and a hotfix is coming shortly.

annoying as fuck.

Poor sods must be panicking overtime right now. The most players this game has had in years and suddenly this shit.

DBD is very simplistic compared to Evolve.

The game has just had a massive overhaul so I can't really say who's super strong.

I can only say to avoid Emmet, he's fucking garbage. Laz historically is only get at low levels and exceedingly high.

Aggressive supports like Cabot, Bucket and Kalas are also difficult to use in a pub environment. Griffin has great offensive but low survivability and no self peel.

I've won the vast majority of my games pubbing as a hunter, but then again I am a veteran. At very low levels the monster is advantaged in the fact that he has perfect teamwork, on account of his only team being himself, whereas the hunters require teamwork.

>bought Monster Race edition way back for $74
>game died
>earned elite on almost everyone so hey whatever
>the overhaul is released
>they took my elite skins

I'm pretty mad they took my fucking badges.

Going to have to elite that boring basic bitch caira just to get my snake back.

>bought Monster Race edition
My condolences.

If he elite'd everything he got his money's worth.

I know I did.

Do the hunters get stronger as the game goes on too? It's weird but when they catch me in the dome at level 1 I tend to shit on them, but after I get to stage 2 or 3 they put up a way tougher fight.

No, they don't. They just don't respect your capabilities as much at level 1.

>wanna play support
>get medic
>ok
>pick Val
>get Caira
>trapper is a retard who runs off alone and dies to a plant
>Hank does fucking nothing but use his gun when we dome the monster
>trapper dies to wildlife again
>I get downed because no support
>we die
>WOW MEDIC YOU SUCK

So how do I open the boxes that I've unlocked?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

They're not boxes, they're more keys. The icon's extremely misleading.

I know this feel. At least I have a platinum skin for the Goliath now...

IT'S NOT THE FUCKING SAME

>runs off alone
He runs off alone or the rest of the team doesn't follow him? Not my fault if you all follow the tracks like idiots instead of using them to predict where the monster will be.

>be medic
>team doesn't know where to go
>found tracks
>run off alone trying to find the monster
>team is still at the other side of the map
>monster goes to stage 3 ez and kills everybody

>boxes give you keys
>keys usually unlock boxes
>keys are actually the name for currency

this game is fucking me up

>not following the trapper
He's the huntiest of the hunters, you three are the ones running off.

>get in a game with all new people
>Assault just sits in spawn looking around
>medic just stays with him
>trapper runs off and dies to wildlife
>I leave
>get in a game with more new people
>guy gets trapper and bitches the whole time
>everyone splits up

He was a level one who'd never played it before. He would run the OPPOSITE way that the monster was going.

defensive supports are dead (Except sunny) offensive supports are significantly better now since defensive supports shield was nearly cut in half.

most of the assaults are ass, Markov and a damage amped blitz are very good, lennox is above average. Hyde is mediocre, everyone else is pretty garbage now unless you run a slim/torvald/cabot comp.

For the medics, Val/rogue val are as solid as ever, Caira is decent. Laz is a pubstomping god still, slightly less so than before though. I have no idea what the fuck they did to emet but RIP. Slim lost his smart choke and a good chunk of his self heal, in exchange max spread was reduced slightly. He's a hyperspecific niche pick, but solid in that niche.

For trappers, Jack is DEAD, Waggie is DEAD(damage reduced by 75% lololol), regular maggie is aight due to the daisy buffs, Crow has reduced damage and gobi, but it's not really a step-down. Abe/Griffin share the throne as KINGS. Abe is the best soft CC in the game, with griffin having the best hard cc in the game.

Krakens OP as fuck still, perhaps even moreso due to the massive nerfs parnell got
Goliaths are solidly balanced, meteor needs his burn dot toned down a little bit though.
Gorgon is 6 levels of bullshit, but bearable if you got an abe, griffin, or markov (pick one, any one, pick either trapper + markov for best results though)

Wraith is weird, her damage has been cut by about 40%, but her AoE has practically doubled. Rogue Val is a good counter to her. can be somewhat bullshit at times due to warp blast, but reasonably balanced enough.

Fucking krakens though, if you go up against one that has any level of brain and skill you're going to get DEMOLISHED.

Looked for something like htis

So
(def) -Sunny
(ass) -Markov/Lennox
(med) -(rogue) Val
(trap) -Abe/Griffin
is kind of the best group for now

Alright I've made up some dosh and want to choose between 3.

Lennox, EMET, or Crow

>They somehow manage to make krakerino OP yet again.

Ancient kraken is what kraken should have been.

Not emmet.

Lennox and Crow are both good.

>Playing monster.
>Stage 2 now.
>Hunters have Hank and Ciera.
>After losing half my health finally kill Hank.
>Rest of them are suddenly so much easier to kill.

Always get the hank first lads. Always

The new Hunter adaptions will be

Hyde
Caria
Abe
Cabot

I can never decide who to go for first as the monster: support or medic?

Ugh, I forgot how annoying Sunny's shield bot is, it never targets who I want it to target

>tfw goliath hits stage 3 and we've barely scratched it but your lazing at the end saves the game

2k still being massive Jews?

Turtle rock showing how much they suck balls?

Season pass 2 was just a nail in the coffin for me

why are you here

Because unlike others I actually like this game and the atmosphere Turtle rock are retarded though

FUCK HEUG armor is my favorite design

>play Slim
>monster targets the assault every time
>don't know if he's retarded or my spore is working

honestly most of the time I have no fucking idea who I am attacking as the monster. I try to remember the medic and support name and go after them since I'm having a hard time seeing their colors during a fight

WHERE THE FICK ARE MY ELITE SKINS?

DID YOU KNOW HOW FUCKING HARD HYDES WAS

AND HIS WERE THE BEST

Is it supposed be ez win as Hunter every game? I thought they fixed the game.

There are a lot of new players obviously

There's a colour blind mode.

I believe it replaces their names with their class symbols. That might help you out abit.

>Sunny meta

God have mercy on our souls.

How is Bob?

deppends on support or medic they play
alway kill Hank first

>Faster, faster, faster

>tfw no Caira gf

Abe go back to hunting the monster

>vs Gorgon
>hit stage 2
>hit stage 3
>still not even encountered it, though you see birds fly on the minimap or see dead animals everywhere
>it attacks us and wipe us ou
how to fuck with Gorgons?

Is there a priority list?

>Tfw want to play sneaky stalky monster and fuck with the hunters
>The new mechanics for this patch make that impossible

yea, but new nooby players make it possible

Why can't you easily just look at what every character does in this game instead of trying to base things off of the little descriptions in the shop? Was the game always like this or is this just a result of some hastily thrown together shop for the F2P launch? You really shouldn't have to go to google to find out what a character does

EMET is good

Stay far back shove missiles up the monsters ass one Hunter dies use the beacon

Is there voice chat? How's playing w/ friends and matchmaking?

Is it fun?

>People bought this game
loving every laugh

His healing is shit.

Yes to voice
Matchmaking is full of streaming and screaming faggots and people who just don't know how to play. With friends it's a bit more bearable

It's ok since it's free. Fun enough for the price

>People bought this game, played it till exhaustion, were satisfied with their purchase, and are now once again enjoying now thaat it has gone free to play and been revitalised.

lmao. What nerds.

Griffin is so OP against new monsters lol, they don't understand that they have to melee the tether to break free. I feel so bad

This is my biggest complain as well

I have never played Evolve before and I don't even know what I am really doing with the others, because I don't even know how my skills work. For example what does Sunny's robot (key 3) do?

I really like the game, but I am very frustrated, because I lose as good as every match as hunter. I watch some Twitch stream to see how the actual game should be played to enjoy it, because as it is now, if you play monster, you win.

Read the description of each skill you retard.

>played it till exhaustion, were satisfied with their purchase

Where? I can't find anything in game

You literally have to use the wiki

>played it till exhaustion
I hope that lobby simulator was worth the money

The only way to do it is make a custom game and read the description of each hunter. It gives a general idea of what each thing does.

Robot key?
You mean the shield drone?

You put it on the ground and it charges up. It shields the first target in line of sight to take damage.

It only starts to shield AFTER the target takes damage, it doesn't do it preemptively.

It shows it in the fucking 1 minute you have in the lobby, plenty of time.

You can also read the wiki.

Tech Sgt. Hank is the best support. Prove me wrong.

>trapper doesn't use his tracking ability for the entire match
>only end up fighting the wraith once they're level 3

cool

I have made this wildlife buff in 2015 when the game was in open beta, anyone knows if this is still accurate?

Nevermind, buffs were reworked since then.

so it's /eg/ and not /evog/, I didn't know. If the f2p becomes a success, maybe OC like that will come back as well.

SOMEBODY GIVE ME GORGON TIPS

I swear to fucking god.

When you're jetpack bar is glowing

It means you're boosted.

USE THE BOOST TO DODGE

Which female is the best in their class?
I only play female characters.

Put a spider trap down right at the start when you gain control of your character.

That's all I got

Sunny is pretty good, Lennox is great, Val and Caira are both good, and Maggie is OK.

How do I Behemoth?

Elder kraken is FUN.

FUN.

>3 decoy 1 supernova Wratih
Holy shit this is hilarious.

Don't be cancer.

Kill yourself faggot.

I could get used to it, but I probably won't use it much otherwise i'll never want to play any other way. I just had to try it once though

seriously, stop

they dropped his self heal from 750 to 250. Kind of a massive deal and I can't tell if they reverted the buff he had gotten last hotfix. Used to heal 500 global, 750 to himself if he was near a buoy when he used it. then they removed the need for him to be near a buoy to get the 750 self sustain.

I'll take you any day of the week over a kraken player.

>people tell you Bucket is shit
>deal 4,5k turret dmg on average
>additinal to 2k dmg with your rockets

How do you team chat?

bucket is good with specific medics. Really bad with slim and emet, but he's good with the vals, caira, and laz. I'd personally recommend him with regular val because that grants insane levels of single target healing and party sustain with val + his Sentries can make use of the weakpoints she creates.