Pokémon Go General /pgg/

Dont die edition

>About the game
pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

>What is it?
Pokemon Go can be described simply as the Geocaching of Pokemon. Grab your smartphone, get some exercise, catch some mons, battle some people - the usual Pokemon gig.

Basic info:
As you traverse the real world, as represented on the in-game map, you'll occasionally run into tufts of rustling grass. Approaching these will end with a Pokémon appearing on the map, and clicking on it will initiate a battle.

Battles aren't between two Pokémon, though. They're between a Pokémon and your ability to swipe a Poké Ball in their direction. When you engage a Poké Ball, a colored ring will appear around the opponent. These change in size after each capture attempt. Throwing a Ball during a smaller window seems to be more effective, based on our time with the game, but that's a part we're still trying to figure out.
Going near water will attract water Pokémon. Playing at night brings out more nocturnal creatures, like Clefairy and Gastly.
Hatching Eggs: Each Egg displays the number of kilometers you must walk for the Egg to hatch. In general, the more kilometers required, the rarer the Pokémon that will hatch. A notification will appear when the Egg has hatched.
Make sure you have the Pokémon GO app open while you walk. Kilometers walked when the Pokémon GO app is closed won’t count toward hatching your Eggs.
Gyms: Fight at your team's gym to train and increase it's reputation. Fight at other team's to decrease their reputation. Tap your opponent to hit them, swipe left or right to dodge attacks, once one or more blue bars are filled, tap and hold to power up your secondary attack, release when the smaller blue bar fills up. Take over other teams' gyms and put your mons in to defend them.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10697613/
youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8
mmoserverstatus.com/pokemon_go
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how do you location spoof on android undetected. i know that you shouldn't travel far, erratic distances

you stop playing because walking is the only purpose of the game you dumb fat dirty filthy american
fuck you
fuck you
fuck you

>Go to gym
>1 hit the pokemon
>Victory
>Gym doesnt go to my possession
>Battle again
>Stuck at 1hp
>Server bugs out
>Have to restart the game
>Cant take the gym because of the fuckign servers

PoGo detects mock GPS so fake gps apps don't work.

You could go full autismo, get xposed and find some mock GPS hider. it's easy for android 4.4 and lower, 5.0 and above have to use some fucking roundabout way that i can't be bothered with.

I tried a GPS spoof app but apparently the game doesn't recognise the location once you set the device to allow fake locations

So is there any kind of bonus from the team you ally to?

You can't. There is no way around their server protection.

do eggs that require more walking hold "better" pokemon? i have a few 2Km eggs that i could clear out but the 10km egg might have something joocy in it

That's not the servers, that gym is bugged. even if the servers worked perfectly, you till coulnd't kill that poke.

Blue has the bonus of not being on a fucking retarded team.

Yes

What level were you when you got a 10k?

There was a geodude in my 10km when there haven't been any geodudes at all in my area. So that was nice.
Anybody live in Houston? How's downtown and the galleria look?

So do pokemon locations really do matter as far as things like hospitals go?

Generally the more you have to walk for it, the rarer the pokemon is. Some pokemon can only be found in eggs like Snorlax which can only come from 10KM eggs.

In my experience so far, yes. I've unlocked 2 2km ones, one has a pidgey, the other a caterpie. I've done 2 5km ones, which had a rhydon and a doduo. I've done 1 10km, which had an onix.

strawpoll.me/10697613/
strawpoll.me/10697613/
strawpoll.me/10697613/

I killed it successfully the first time since it gave me the victory screen, but it didnt give me control

I think i was only level 5 when i got it

Not that much, but you find water pokemon near water, grass near forest, etc.

try to shill me the team you picked /pgg/

>some nigger took my gym
>can beat the first easily but the second might be a problem
I'll get it tonight when I come back from work

for the people having trouble killing pokemon with 1 hp left, use your special move by holding your screen for a second or two. it worked for me every time

>try to take red gym
>their pokemon goes down to 1 sliver of hp and stops attacking me
>can't do anything as the timer runs out
>tells me i lost

c'mon man.. i just wanna be gym leader

Somebody on Reddit said you should evolve pokemon that are 75% of the bar.

Is this true?

Motherfucking ZAPDOS what the FUCK do you want from me #instinct

>reddit

Who /wakingupearlytomorrowtoavoidservercrashes/ here?

do you think niantic will ban my account if i request a refund from google play

Do attacks change when you level a mon up?
I just evolved a pigeotto with steel wing(15) and some other attack that had 30. The evolved pidgeot hass Wing attack(12) and air cutter(25).

Am i just fucked because it has shitty attacks or does it get better attacks when i power it up?

>want water pokemon
>remember there's a lake nearby
>drive there
>gps signal not found
>google maps still work
Welp
Worst part was that I couldn't get back onto the server until I got back home. Only really lets me roam around this town

Make a second account and find out

You dingus, you just chose a bad time to go. American wagefucks are all taking their lunch for the next few hours.

I'm packing a lunch and going adventuring tomorrow, follow my phone all through the city. Got some extra battery packs so I can walk for a good eight hours min

>Popped an incense
>Server keeps crashing

How suspect do you think itll be if I sit outside in the dark with my phone illuminated at a pokestop

>live in an area with no real spots or gyms nearby
>have a delivery job
>a lot of deliveries come from a neighboring towns since we're a specialized service
>have to drive over this mountain pass every night to get to them
>tons of spots over there
>reach the bottom of the pass, and find a bunch of people hanging outside their cars
>there's a gym
>take it over after a few battles and put a trash mon there
>basically just a 'fuck you' to them
>they notice and one begins to walk over to my car
>roll down the window and look at them
>ask them if they like my car
>my car
>my car
youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8

There's literally an entire board for this.

Depends on the culture. I know at my place people may give me a wierd look but generally just leave me alone.

If you turn off AR you don't have to point your phone at wierd places and you can pretend your just looking trough messeges/checking your mail.

Ohh true forgot about lunch. I guess I'll have to get up early tomorrow and hope for the best.

The problem is i like pokemon GO, but i fucking hate /vp/

See the conundrum here?

>red is for normies
>yellow is reddit
>not wanting best bird from bl/v/e master race

And there's an entire board dedicated to shitposting but we still allow /lolg/ here. Just leave the generals be

The whole board is full of PoGo and people who don't normally post there.

>And there's an entire board dedicated to shitposting

4 actually.

/b/
/s4s/
/r9k/
/trash/

fuck my dudes i just walked like 3 blocks in 100 degree weather all because a polywrath spawned

i couldn't even try to catch him bc the servers were lagging too hard

But this thread is fine, fuck off.

So is it worth it to wait for the Trainer club registration servers to be back up again? I already have a google account up but I'd really like a trainer club. Is there any major benefits over one over the other?

>Wild Gengar
>Pokeball catches it
>Game zooms at Pokeball but nothing changes
>Server shits itself
>Force close app
>Gengar is gone and I'm back at mainscreen

Does anyone know if eggs in incubators still count distance when the servers are being shitty.
>try to catch mon
Server crash
>try to fight gym
server crash

I'm at the top a mountain right now, I was catch Pokemon all the way up here. There is a gym up here of my faction with pretty low guys, was gonna toss my best guy up here because it's hard to get to probably not worth it for most fatties(it's like couple miles of pretty strenuous terrain). Servers are shit now. Don't know if I should wait around or what.

Server's been shit for an hour, could be several more hours before it comes back up, could be 10 mins.

Burgers are waking up. It's only gonna get worse from now

How about we play Ingress instead, the superior game?

Cant connect from yurop help

That pidgey is pretty good, you shoul

Wow rude. I was just trying to help.

You know what. Keep your bad attitude in your lonely general.

Server's been fucked for an hour m8

Team Valor's trainer silhouette looks like a cute tomboy

Posting Go here because you don't like /vp/ is like posting pony shit on /co/ because you don't like /mlp/. Get over yourself and get to your fucking containment board.

Must be west coast burgers, I'm east coast been out since 8. Same thing happened yesterday game is pretty much in playable from 1pm est on ward. Is there any news about upping the server loads?

>waking up
>2:30 PM east coast
>11:30 AM west coast

yeah sure thing retard
maybe Hawaii is just waking up but everyone else has been up for hours

I'm in northeast HTX. Planning to go take the two gyms at Gene Green Park this evening.

I've played in my car and on a bicycle. It's too fucking hot out to just walk.

Yeah and the servers have been shit for a few hours now so?

Make us, m8. Last I heard, this was a video game on a video game board.

don't mind them
retarded euros being euros
nothing new here

:^) Keep posting in a thread you don't like mate. You're doing god's work. :^)

They were 100% two hours ago, everyone in the contiguous 48 was already up.

So is it better to increase the CP of a pokemon or the evolved version (if they have the same cp already)

doesnt matter

Anyone else basically can't play unless they're in a wi-fi zone?

Only reason I got anything today was because I went out to lunch at a place with wi-fi and a pokestop.

I caught a snorlax in the wild.

Are Pokemon spawns based off of the traffic of the area you're in? I live in a rural area, only have about 2-4 pokemon "nearby" at a time and they're all shitty grass/bug/normal type Pokemon.

I never see pokemon pop up unless im using incense
literally, i can look over my whole town from my house and nothing will be on the map unless istart walking around

I believe it is based some way on density of the place you live, same as Ingress

jesus does your flush button not work
do you wipe your butt with that towel since you apparently dont use toilet paper either?
so many things wrong with this picture

holy shit, gross fuck

How to level fast
>2k exp for evolving pokemon
>Hatching eggs with lucky eggs activated

My village has 3 stops + 1 in a nearby forest and 1 Gym.

I noticed that around gyms and stops there is a higher spawnrate so I guess they based it on Ingress XM or whatever the energy was called.

Also explains why you find tons of rare shit in big cities. Lots of stops and gyms = Higher spawnrate and rarer mons nearby.

>some drug addict is playing pokemon go
>while I am a upstanding citizen on my high horse

Jesus christ, why is this world out to get me.

>the shitstains on the towel
>that bag that is filled with most likely drugs
>the hair on the side

10/10 meme

>want to ride bike to chik fil a
>don't want to leave house unless servers are up

this is how i die

>Friend has a 2 pokespots he can activate from his home.
>Theyre both water fountains from his building and the one next to it.
>Closest 2 pokespots to me are playgrounds

I dont wanna be on a list...

Why can't I find any pokemon that don't suck sick. I'm getting all common shitters.

Are servers up yet?

Have they fixed servers never being up yet?

No.

Common's are fine, you have to catch duplicates to level them up anyway, gz you caught a fucking mew, gl with getting him above 10cp because you have 0 candys.

>went for a 2 mile walk with my dog
>fucking server goes down right at the beginning
>didn't want to turn back because she was so eager to go

How are the levels I've got so far? They are about 640 now, just can't show cuz server crashed.

Fix the fucking servers already jesus christ.

are the servers up or down? what's the website for server status

Depends on the competition around you, in my area those 2 pidgeott's could hold a gym for days since nobody is even close to 600.

shit's fucked
mmoserverstatus.com/pokemon_go

I'm holding 8 gyms right now because my three close friends and I have set up high levels in each gym. But I have two great stories so far about this game. Last night at midnight there were about 15 people at each gym and pokes top in the entire two towns near me, and today I went to a church gym and pulled behind a waste management service truck, a few seconds later a cop pulls behind me and I think I'm fucked for using my phone in the car, and I see him pull his out, I make eye contact , put on a goofy smile, and hold up my phone to him and we both laugh as he does the same. Then as I'm leaving the waste management guy does the same thing.

Some little kids are walking up and down the street were I live. Sometimes they scream "Charmender! Squirtle! OMG Fearov!!"
They don't even look were they are walking, twitching, like miniature zombies.

"What are those faggots doin'" says John, a 75yrs old fiorist, half a beer on the table and smoking his mid-morning cigarette.
I try to answer him "They are catching Pokemòn... A japanese team programmed the surroundings so everyone with a smartphone is able to catch some digital beasts that they scattered around the world."
John raises an eyebrow. "Oh.. so let me get this straight, there are some invisible monsters around?"
"Yeah, and it just started. It will be really worst in a little while."
John is confused. The world he knew is falling under his feet. He sips the beer, takes his phone and sents a voice message to his wife "Agatha, close the windows and spray some Vape, there are Pokemons!"

Servers are up