/vn/ - Anticipation edition

Visual Novel General #1130

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT

>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:

1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Visual Novel Translation Status
warosu.org/jp/?task=search2&search_tripcode=!!UcDDlzwANFs&search_op=op

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:
pastebin.com/zeiYgLrs/

This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

I support this thread.

second for lolis

I'm going in this one because of memes.

Why does dovac hate lolis?

Was he raped by one?

Who could hate lolis

Reminder to pirate everything Sekai, don't give even a dollar to Dovac

Lolis are for consensual cuddling.

Honestly with the way Sekai's end products turn out, they're not even worth pirating.

Hey /vn/, just finished Tsukihime.
Why did Shiki turn into such a retard during Hisui's route?
>I'm seeing visions of murder in my dreams that match exactly with what's happening in real life
>better not tell anybody

>I'm in so much pain I'm about to split my head open, can barely move and my dreams are going to drive me insane
>better not tell anybody

>I'm going to be a huge dick to everybody, including my last remaining family member and the girl I love

What the fuck?

>Shiki
>a dick
>To anyone
no

its been forever since i read tsukihime but all i recall is that kohaku was drugging him and insane people arent really logical

or just go with nasu asspulls

Both points are very valid

>two threads
>one tries to start shit with the OP and the other continues with the wrong thread number

Simple, just have the next thread be 1132 and keep using this one. Shiteater-kun should not be encouraged.

ごめん

I doubt they'll remember it.

Holy hell, Kamidori is hard. Why is it so difficult, I'm only playing on normal

Normal in Kamidori is what is usually Hardmode in other games.

Actual hardmode is ridiculous. I don't even think its possible to clear the first level unless you're on NG+

Some but not all of these things actually happen at some point during Baldr Sky! Can you guess which ones?

In the game of Baldr Sky, Kadokura Kou will...

>have sex with his mom!
>kill his dad!
>discover a virtual reality inside of a virtual reality, and declare that he needs to go deeper!
>cause the Feds to nuke Japan!
>become a being of pure energy and transcend the mortal realm of existence!
>create a back-up of himself in cyberspace that will activate if he dies - only for the back-up to activate itself and take over his life!
>become a brain in a jar, living only through his connection to the Net!
>travel backward in time to an alternate dimension to get a happy ending!
>become an astronaut!
>become the nanomachines!

What are you stuck on? Emilita's route has difficult missions, but I don't remember the other two's being especially hard. A few missions can catch you off-guard due to the special rules, I guess.

He is the machine. Will probably kill his daddy robot and nuke the earth

the only one that is true is having sex with the moms

You've just gotta get used to grinding m8y

HO HO HO

Are you trying to use dumb shits like Suina? Don't. And bring lots of potions.

ayy lmao

Yaaay

Get Suina the Bowling Ball from that repair bridge quest that's quite early and she solos the whole goddamn game on a first playthrough.

Nowhere near!

Keep going!

Suina is one of my favorites early on because she is easily the best anti-Wraith fighter, seriously some others just get rekt, some can barely hold their own but can whittle it down, but suina comes in and one-turn wipes it. She can take out a lot of other things too with the pellet attack that comes with one of her equips, so she's actually a pretty great option, I could use her in a lot more situations than early Aht because they only got 2 move, so they were just stuck on corridor-blocking duty or defending the camp.

He's going to back up himself and live through the net. fin

Hm, I wonder?

Kinda, but that negatively affects her mobility, which is pretty low to begin with. It's also kind of breaking the game to give her a weapon that's really meant for Mylen.
It does work early on and you often don't have much choice, but I prefer Emelita, Kohakuren and even Serawi or one of the angels. However, even if you use her with that niche in mind, her stat caps are pretty prohibitive and her skills aren't that good either.

Speaking of Serawi, I didn't realize how good she could be on my first playthrough. Enhanced barrage is amazing if you beeline it on her fire armor. Three range attack with huge +damage and +hit modifiers yes please.

I try not to fire from 3 spaces away as much as I can due to the cut in damage.

>Kinda, but that negatively affects her mobility, which is pretty low to begin with. It's also kind of breaking the game to give her a weapon that's really meant for Mylen.
It's more like a one-use finisher that you swap in when she's in range, not a main weapon that you have on her all the time. It works better if she's 2 spaces away than 1 anyways, so it's great for taking out cornered Rym Dragons if you need bronze keys.

That's only a thing with projectile defense, I believe.

Hay, Umineko just came out on Steam!

I only know of this game through really liking Higurashi. Is it any good?

Well, I guess I did the same thing myself sometimes, but even with that I just didn't feel like she pulled her own weight after awhile.
First have is pretty good, next two chapters are alright, final two chapters are pretty bad.

Which sucks as what makes a mystery or murder mystery like this is the solution.

Speaking of Higurashi, how are the steam translations? Worth getting?

No voice acting so no.

If they are published by MG, then yes.
Their releases are pretty slow though, there's only like 3ch

Umineko's mistery is sort of like Fight Club, except there's a dude with like 4 personalities, it's as dumb as it sounds, so not really.

>tfw still no new When They Cry.
C'mon Ryukishi07. I'm sure he still has few more hell of a ride for us.

Hasn't he been trying to make stuff for years now but they're all shit?

Iwaihime is pretty good. Its median is 84 on EGS.

ITS OUT

So put it back in.

I'd say so, much better then what they put out before. No voice acting, though there's a patch for it over on the /jp/ Higurashi thread if your desperate.

>4
Jesus christ this feels like it's going to be a wild ride.

HABBEING

Well it's going to be a way less wild ride because the multiple personality thing is a huge twist that comes very late in the game. The "final problem" in the whole game is putting all the clues together and realizing that one person has multiple personalities. But now you know it ahead of time. Sorry dude, you got fucked.

I'm trying to read Rose Guns Day but it doesn't hold a candle what I experienced during Higurashi and Umineko.

But I already knew that going in user.

Also; spoiler your shit if your going to do that

Well, it's already been spoiled so I don't feel much need to spoil my own post.

Maybe if you're a yasucuck instead of a rosatrice master race

Stupid thing is how personalities dying counts as a "person" dying.

NO YOUR STUPID

Apart from that spoiler I'd say its still bretty good going into it since when you focus entirely on ignoring all the magical bullshit that happens in the game it's actually pretty solvable who's the culprit

pretty spoilery but here go's

When a personality dying counts as a person dying, it doesn't mean that person's actually dead but they stop acting as that specific personality and focus as acting as another, for example if they had personality A & B and A died, even though the person who was both A & B was still alive, they'd just pretend to be dead and then focus on being B instead and play around when the characters wonder whats going on with disappearing corpses which is a pretty important plot point

Then who is it ? You can only come up with theory and that can be countered by many ways.I forgot about how many hundreds of pages we talked about these theories at some forums.

EP7 doesnt leave a shadow of doubt
the only "counters" against it being yasu involve completely ignoring sub text and focusing entirely on red text and shit (even then, making mistakes). None of them hold up. There's hundreds of pages because there's so many dumb goats who argue out of ignorance.

>because there's so many dumb goats who argue out of ignorance.
There's actually a psychological phenomenon called cognitive dissonance, I think that's what is really in play here. They refuse to accept the reality presented to them, or maybe they just can't accept it at a rational or subconscious level, so they try as hard as they can to project what they think would make sense onto the reality and come up with some sort of logical rationale to justify their headcanon even if it's wrong, because they need their beliefs to make more sense than the truth.

I saw the same thing happen in the Zelda fandom. A huge part of it that went on for many many years was debating the idea of an "overall timeline" where all the games fit together into one canon, and people would debate which ones went where and how/why they actually fit together, while some would staunchly oppose the idea of a continuity altogether. Then nintendo itself released Hyrule Historia explaining the actual, canon configuration of how they all go together, and people were STILL bitching over it and disagreeing because of certain shaky or loose connections that they felt had less validity than their own beliefs, despite the fact that the one true answer had been given by Word of God. People just find it hard to accept they were wrong all this time, and grasp at theories to support their fragile consciousness. Cognitive dissonance.

>page 10

It is not good. It's more r07 trash. The Japanese community has merely been stockholmed by him after garbage like Umineko and Lucia route.

Can't be helped. everyone's busy playing pokemon

Moogy won't fuck you bro, you can stop pretending now.

>tfw can't afford a smartphone, let alone pokemon go
>tfw the only people around here that might have it too are a decade younger than me anyways and I'd be creepy
being a late 20s NEET is suffering

then get a job you faggot.

I am moogy

They're a very noticeable improvement from the original ones. If you haven't read Higurashi yet (or just really liked it and want to support R07) then I recommend grabbing them and the patches. Maybe wait for a few more to come out before actually reading them, though.

I went down to the store down the street to pick one up on sale but they were fresh out of stock.

>WAH I CANT FIND A JOB

look harder you useless filth. Some good ol fashioned physical labor will do you only good.

Someone should put this and the other moogy pictures into the ... moogy command on discord

I was just deflecting in the hope that you'd drop it, because my situation isn't so black and white and I didn't want to shit up the thread any more. Do you want to shit up the thread? I don't think you do, so move along.

>being a wageslave unironically

we had our discussion period now its back to ded/10 till another new title comes out or some new Edrama occurs.

So might as well until then.

Dude, Umineko is top seller, there's plenty to talk about here

Lets talk about how bad Umineko is

Nothing that hasn't been beaten to death already.

Lucia's route was shit
Hibangana was shit
Rose Gun days was shit
Iwaihime was shit
Ryukishi's part of Trianthology will be ____

Koiken Otome patch released... oh wait, due real life it will be uploaded next week, lol.

What? Top seller? Alchemist went literally bankrupt.

>We’re not being licenced by MangaGamer or SekaiProject so shut it. I hate these two companies with a passion.
Why would you hate based Mangagamer? I'm inclined to believe he's just a disgusting pirate

I wouldn't be surprised if he's one of those people who still think they're the "Mangagamer" from 2011 with awful translations. Doddler mentioned this in one of his Q&As. This is how much a damaged reputation can hurt you in the long-run, and it's amazing how Dovac doesn't realize this with his company since he has it way worse than MG ever did.

I don't hate MG, I only posted that because Flying Pantus is trolling about the release advertising that the patch, will be release soon, 24h and now a week.

Probably hasn't mustervated enough and become lily

That was meant for ACF

Well at least that somewhat confirms that they won't sell out
But yeah, I dunno how you can 'hate' MG. Everyone seems pretty nice there.

Maybe he just hates official localizations and believes things should be entirely fan done? Dunno

>Why would you hate based Mangagamer
t. shill

Why do people even think that MG would buy out a fan translation? As far as I know havent they only done that once

>"Sekai or Mangagamer? pls let it be mangagamer."

Maybe he's annoyed because of these comments and now when he hate them.

>"Sekai or Mangagamer? pls let it be mangagamer."

Maybe he's annoyed because of these comments and now he hate both of them.

How exactly killing Makina's mother ends up with you dead? It's pretty much the same fucking scene as when you spare her, except you die at the end, feels like forced morality bullshit.

Fuck this game.

Makina's route is shit

Yeah I thought it was kind of weird too. He just gets lucky I guess. I think he still ends up losing an arm or something? It's been a while since I've read it though.

Idk wasn't the deal with Minori a partnership with MG and nnl? And there was that guy from TLWiki(?) that translated KnS

It was the first route I got and now I just finished it. Bad luck, I guess.

Yes, he does end up with his arm fucked up in the good ending, but I'm honestly pissed because I really think Makina's mom deserved to die, she was a cunt.

I guess they didn't want Yuuji to be a psychopath? Murdering your girlfriend's mom introduces a slight complication to your happy ever after, and the Grisaia writers tried to show that Yuuji doesn't enjoy being a killer.