/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

ded thred edition

Previous thread: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

bbg live please

;-;

You seek now to betray me....

We were here first, fuck off.

Well this one was made first it seems. not like there's much activity anyway.

Thank fuck you're here, I made that, hadn't seen any other threads at all. I was getting worried, /bbg/.

Anyone up for an all-or-nothing fight against story Ebby? I have one insight left and need her dead.

I was actually implying that the other thread were the Laurence's in this situation, but it probably didn't come across properly.

I completely missed that user.

If you give me 5 mins I'll help.

I have a +10 Lost Ludwigs with decent Bolt gems on it, we'll get her.

Just lost my deathless run so sure, on my way.

Bless you lads

I'll bringing at her fog, pass is fugg

Curse the threads, their children too.

And their children forever, true.

I love you both very very much

Just thinking about that trailer and ludwig's theme popping in my head gives me goosebumps.

Let us sit about, and post hunters

Does anyone want to help (read: carry) me through a depth 5 FRC Loran in the search for a Waning Noirishing Abysmal gem?

Glyph is ske4igwv

Pass is bbg123

If you'd like, I could summon you. I have my file backed up to savescum that chalice already, all the way down to layer three.

Post hunters, you say?

Does anyone want to help an ayy lamo with the defiled doggo?

Ringing at the door, pass is ayy

Oh, yes that would be amazing.

I might help the other user () with Hot Dog though first.

I'm ringing on the SRRC

I'm sorry....

S'all good, that charge is pretty bs

Again?

Or did you get him?

Oh we can post hoonters alright

Gotta save up me echoes for an ass fucker cone, then I can post a hoonter

Alright if anyone's still about, I'd like to do the Old Hunters on NG+. I'm past Ludwig and at the Research Hall. Is anyone interested?

Oh two of you keep coming getting summoned, Friendly Maiden and Gregor, my bad I thought you may have actually changed characters.

Jesus fuck I thought the snakes falling out of trees thing was just a joke you guys used to scare people with phobias. Wonder how that never happened to me before

We got him!
Thanks Gregor and Friendly Maiden, appreciate it.

We're all in agreement that Brador is wearing Laurence's pelt right? The Bloodletter-sizes crack in his beast skull in the waking world lines up directly with the flaming wound in Laurence's head in the nightmare world, and it would also explain why his skull is missing the horns.

No, Gregor is far too good to be me

But I'll gladly help with Defiled Amy if you want.

So

>Kos washes up dead on shore
>Byergenworth investigate it and pull cray experiments off on the villagers of the hamlet
>villagers get pissed, pray to Kos
>orphan, still alive, hears and puts curse on Byergenworth and their descendants
>hunters that go blood crazy fall into the nightmare
Did I get it right?

dw I'll give Amy a few shots before i inevitably call for back up
Thanks though

>snakes falling out of trees

Excuse me, what? I'm in the woods right now and where can I find me some tree snakes?

When should I take on the old hunters dlc?

No we are not because Laurence probably went beast in Old Yharnam.

You have the facts, just in the wrong order.

>Kosm washes up
>villagers worship it
>burgertown hears about this
>decides to rip everyone's heads open with the help of the first hunters to check for eyes on the inside
>everyone's fucking dead
>probably violate Kosm corpse, maybe even take the umbilical cord
>either Kos or the Orphan doom hunters to the Nightmare

As long as you don't think the Byrgenwerth experiments conducted on the villagers were what caused them to turn into fishfolk.

Anytime you feel you have the sheer balls for it, really. But in reality it's more endgame content, take it on after/during Nightmare of Mensis.

>tfw it's unclear if the fishing hamlet exists in the waking world or if it's literally ''a higher plain'' aka another dimension/the cosmos.

Secrets within secrets within secrets user.

That's what I assumed as well, Brador put down Laurence and they had to keep everything hush-hush since the leader of the church turning into a beast bevause the blood would be very bad PR.

The bloodletting beast theory was always dubious and the fact that people cling to even after the DLC is just sad.

So what his Japanese name is "Host of the Beast Blood", that doesn't mean anything significant except that the beast is a host to the blood (and parasites). I don't know why people seem to think "host of" implies the origin. If anything the connections to Loran Silver Beasts exploding into maggots and even Vermin are more interesting but everyone is stuck on BLB=Laurence. Even though the skull is far too small and we have actual Laurence in the DLC.

That's what I was about to ask The villagers turned into fish folk from worshipping Kos? Why would that happen if Kos was already dead when they found it?

Anybody?

The password......

Byrgenwerth found Kos washed up and dead, the villagers probably could have found her at any given point. Plus it could've been caused by her lingering conscience, the Orphan's, or maybe even some of the parasites inside of her. But it was probably the case that they were fish folk long before Kos washed up dead. She probably lived in the waters around the Fishing Hamlet and scarcely ever strayed too far, so they had some history with her. She is to the Hamlet what Dagon is to Innsmouth.

bbg123

So with that hotdog business aside, are you still wanting those abyssals? It'll only take a minute to upload my save and then you could SRRC in.

Yes that would be awesome.

But remember that if I SRRC in, all I get to keep is the first lantern for myself, the only way to farm for gems is for you to kill Amy again and again, summoning me each time.

I've beaten the game twice now, STR and Skill builds, spent about 40 hours playing (did all the chalice dungeons to)

Can anyone post fun builds or weapons? I don't plan on doing PvP but I really don't know anything about Bloodtinge or Arcane, other than the basics. I mainly stick to Dark Souls so I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to gameplay, etc. I just don't know much about BB because I only got it recently (no PS4 before)

Yeah. Chances are it'll take some time to get a gem I'm happy with. Provided I do, I'll run the rest of the chalice with you, but until then this is probably more convenient.

Uploading now, pass will be amyg$.

I'm a lazy shit and unlocked both gates near the 2nd lamp in the area you are meant to kill Kos.

Where the fuck is this nigga?

I'm outside of Living Failure's boss door if you can move there.

I'm sorry Seric that was dumb, but I have to go now.

Ringing now.

you're still off

>Kos washes up
>villagers begin to cultivate the parasites that riddled her as wives
>Innsmouth-style race mixing occurs and the parasite snail wives worship their long dead host
>generations of fishier and fishier hamlet natives are born, each more cosmic than the last
>Brygenwerth catches wind of this (how, it is never explained, the harrowed set in the hamlet might have something to do with it) and Laurence says fuck this, leaves old man Willem to his chalice grind, rounds up a crew, raids the hamlet and aggressively archaeologifies their heads.
>Gehrman might have done some bullshit to Kos's remains and stolen the Orphan's cord, though there are no visible incisions or wounds on Kos's exposed body.
>Maria is disgusted by her and her colleagues bloodlust and item drops her rakuyo down a well where a street shark gay couple live, and for some reason leaves a headstone and a lumenflower memorial overlooking Kos's remains, even though by most people's read on the lore Kos was already long dead when the hunters arrived, and the Lumenwood flowers were grown in the Research Hall which was built after the raid.
>The Orphan/hamlet survivors cursed the echo fiends aka the hunters' linage to be pulled into a nightmare dimension if they ever go blood-drunk like they did in the hamlet again. Too bad old blood is intoxicating :^)

It just doesn't make sense

BB is seriously lacking in build variety. Bloodtinge is strong but it's basically just "Edgy Quality", and that's if you do it correctly. If that doesn't sound appealing, I'm afraid Arcane is all that's left for you. Fortunately Arcane is hella fun.

Apparently my dinner just got done, so I've got to go for a little while beforehand. Sorry man. In the meantime, consider running the rest of the chalice? It's faster to summon if you're in the same place, and the run is largely painless.

Oh, that's cool too. Scary but cool ;_;.

Anyone else up for Living Failures? I'm at fog, pass is bbg123.

What are some good weapons to build arcane for? I know the Holy Moonlight sword is probably good, but any weapons until I can fight Ludwig? Also Hunters tools or whatever they're called, which ones would be good?

I'm getting one-shot by the Pthumrians waiting at the top of the ladder on layer 1. It's going to be a slog, but I'll try.

How long will you take? I've got some stuff I need to do as well, so it's fine if you want to do it in an hour or two. Or soon, either works for me.

You could farm for the Logarius Wheel by collecting the Wheel Hunter's badge in the main game. Also the Amygdalan Arm has some arcane on it, but whether or not it's just there to prevent it from being buffed (like with the Blades of Mercy and the Burial Blade) I do not know.

>It just doesn't make sense

I think you're making a few assumptions, but it makes perfect sense as much as cosmic fish monsters can make sense.

I never got hints of interbreeding. At most, Kos parasites infected the villagers, turning them to fishpeople, or the Insight naturally gained from proximity/communication/worship/infection from Kos started transforming them, as Insight is clearly transforming Willem. Burgertown gets in on this because spooky shit gets them hard for knowledge, raids everyone's skulls for eyes, villagers/Kos/Orphan curses the hunters as a tradition to fall to blood-addling and the Nightmare.

You still waiting?

>farm for the badge

Don't I just give him Cainhurst summons or murder him

What about the Hunters tools or whatever they're called, the things that take up quicksilver bullets

Yes.

at levels 90 to 120, as far as min/maxed builds go, there's basically

>pure strength
>pure skill
>pure arcane
>quality
>strength/arcane
>skill/bloodtinge
>strength/bloodtinge

Skill/arcane is busted with the Burial Blade and BoM having shit arcane stats, though pure bloodtinge is kind of a thing. Since everyone quicksteps the same and there are no equip load, "builds" only really dictate what weapons you'll be able to use and how you can utilize a select few niche weapons. The wheel for example can be used by both a pure strength and a strength arcane build, but in different ways.

No I meant farm for the weapon after you get the badge, man, come on. And yeah the Hunter's Tools are mandatory but they're not weapons so I hadn't mentioned them. Old Hunter's Bone, Tiny Tonitrus, Executioner's Gloves, Auger of Ebrietas, Empty Phantasm Shell, Black Sky Eye, Beast Roar, Accursed Brew, A Call Beyond.

They're all the sickest fucking shit.

On my way, dude

I've never posted my characters in these threads. I'm shit at screenshots, pls no bully.

At the fog again. Re-ringing.
I tried to save you bro but they were too fast.

Kos Co OP anyone?

This guys moveset is too random for me.

Pass is Kos

I can't believe I died to the Living Memes

Those two retard flails floored me

Leave the hoonting of hoonters to the hoonter of hoonters hoonting hoonters, hoontering hoonter

switching to research hall lamp

The whole hamlet is a pretty perfectly off-brand innsmouth, the snail girls are the deep ones, the fishmen are the innsmouth hybrids, and kos is a mother hydra/father dagon figure. If indeed the Hamlet natives where breeding the parasites for wives then they weren't so innocent themselves, since they were also burning them as candles.

near the cliff that drops down to the ayy lmaos

Some user posted sliders for H.P. Lovecraft about a month ago, so I took them and tweaked them a little for my Arcane build.

b-back outside of the fog.
basically every time you die first I'll probably be outside of the fog.

So what Arcane should I stop at, around 50 like everything else?

I'm not making it for PvP but I also don't want to go to like 200SL, I like to stay around 100-125 on all my builds just because it gives you a bit of challenge going into NG+'s

I've never hit fifty on any of my characters and don't ever want to.

Why can't I hold all these crowns?

Last one.

Arcane you need at least 70 and ideally 99 if you want to use the Spells, since they never stop scaling (and don't even start scaling properly until after 50).

Alright, sorry for the wait. Back now, ringadingin'.

You could help me through the dungeon so summoning is easier if you wanted.

But we'll try SRRC first.

Anyone feels like carrying me through Logarius? I need to kill him to finally express my edge with BLT.
Password is dolphin , I'm ringing atm

please

ringing at fog tobias

Are there?

I've been ringing for ages.

teacup?

No, whatever that is

odd coincidence then

That must be a really popular password desu

Damn where y'all at?

THANK YOU.
SO MUCH.
THEY'RE SO STRONG.

The merge is upon us.

That was super embarrassing, I'm usually really good at killing the Memes. Glad to help!