/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, July 8th:
1099 – Some 15,000 starving Christian soldiers begin the siege of Jerusalem by marching in a religious procession around the city as its Muslim defenders watch.
1709 – Peter I of Russia defeats Charles XII of Sweden at the Battle of Poltava, thus effectively ending Sweden's time as a major power in Europe.
1853 – The Perry Expedition arrives in Edo Bay with a treaty requesting trade.

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 13 - Warrior Women
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-2-dd-13-pagans-advisors-and-warrior-women.955632/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.1 - 20/06/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t
mediafire.com/download/
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB
youtube.com/watch?v=EmFSR2E4sCY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

fpbp

reminder for rightful borders

Hey guys, let's talk about videogames

HE'S FAST

So did they catch guys from Detroit yet?

Reminder that this should have happened to France in 1815 instead of what happened to Germany in 1918.

Butthurt already arrived.

daily reminder that l'Empereur only declared war on a country once (that means one (1) time)

First for Kaiser

reminder for rightful borders

>[V2] - Legacy of Slovenia v1.01*°
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>>[V2] - unHPM v1.5*°
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx

>>[V2] - Robmod v2.5*
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi

>>[V2] - Visegradmod v3.2
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t

>>[V2] Liquor and Bureaucrats Mod 1.2*°
mediafire.com/download/ r1s3v3z0d17ctya/liquornbureaucrats.rar

>> Updated Waggle Pastebin*
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

* The R&I will sperg out if you download this
° Alex da Silveira and his Grandi Youth will harass you if you download this

Reminder that unHPM is the arch-enemy of HPM.

Reminder that the autist who controls the thread replaced DH with HoI4 in the OP and left EU Rome, the game that nobody plays anymore in.

t. Louis

lad..

16th for historical waifus.

based cobra

Trianon (and all the dead Serbs) was literally the only good parts of WW1

Reposting from last thread for those who didn't see:

Ukhuna Khan, the Khan of Khans and nephew of Botokhui Borjigin, has launched an invasion of Jerusalem to seize the lands they hold on the Khanate's border, in the Kingdom of al-Jazira. He mimics the same action that was undertaken by Jamugha Khan thirty-six years earlier, when a young King Aubry broke the armies of the Horde on the mountains of the Caucasus.

Boto is ecstatic.

"I've no doubt you'll show that little pissant why my people call you Khanbreaker," she gushed as she helped him into his armor. "Jesus Christ above, two victories over the Khan of Khans in a single lifetime! They already call you Khan Aubry; I wonder if they'll soon refer to you as Genghis Khan Au--"

"Boto," Aubry spoke gently, "I haven't won yet. This war will be dangerou--"

"Bah!" Boto spat, "you've the help of the Basileius to look forward to, and your personal levies too, which I know you've groomed like a mother cat. I know you'll defeat him.

"Just don't kill him," her smile turned vicious. "I want to be there to see him bow to you, O Khan of mine."

Grandi Youth purge when?

2, Russia and Spain lad
but they both deserved it

never
t. alex grandi

I don't really play ck2
is that enough gold for mercs for this?

Best borders ever

Anyone have something memier than this?

I disagree :^)

Get me an even comfier country lads

As soon as /leftypol/ is gone

can you really GP as them without blobbing?

As soon as /pol/ is gone

Absolutely. An average large mercenary company costs 200 to hire and about 35-50 to maintain per month. With ~5000 in reserve I can maintain two large mercenary companies with no real worries for an extended duration.

>mwfw (my waifu's face when)

as soon as Veeky Forums is gone

who is this slut

>The French Revolution wasn't an act of nationalism

>WE WUZ SELF GOVERNING AND SHEIT
>nationalism

HPM actually hates unHPM?

Yeah, and it wasn't that hard at all. I did conquer Zulu and release it as a satellite for though so I got some research points from doing so. Civilized a couple of years before 1860 IIRC, just when the British sphered me.

Yes he even made unHPM rename his mod at one point iirc because it was too close in name.

As it turns out, the Kingdom of Jerusalem was not destined to receive help from the Basileia Rhomaion. The old Emperor, Nikephoros IV Branas, died just as the war with Ukhuna Khan began, leaving Aubry's son-in-law Andronikos II in control of the Empire. Yet Andronikos--as is predictable for a Byzantine succession--is faced with significant rebellions, and in spite of their alliance will not be able to provide troops. Jerusalem stands alone.

Nevertheless, the war must be fought. Aubry hires mercenaries--the Rus Company, which he has grown to rely upon over the years, and the Swiss Band for their excellent pikemen--and begins the long trek north to Diyar Mudar, where he expects the Khan of Khan's forces will show themselves.

Surely enough, the first of the Khan's forces appear at the fortress of ar-Rabha not long after Aubry's forces make the difficult trek from Antioch to the interior, and Aubry, with the help of Princes Aubry and Baudouin, fights and defeats the first Mongol army to touch Jerusalemite soil in thirty-six years.

recommend me a movie to watch lads.

Alexandra of Denmark, Princess of Wales and future Queen consort of the United Kingdom.

I'm probably going to watch gangs of new york later

Salo or the 120 days of gomorrah lad

sounds like some degenerate ass shit

imagine a future Paradox game where you can commit amphibious landings in Kazakhstan

triumph des willens

is that the answer you wanted

No, HPM doesn't give a fuck about him. Even helped him several times when he asked for help
This is part if the false flag the steamgroup does, unhpm made the mod to create some drama around hpm

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Zulu

Stop giving the retard actually good movies

how do I colonize the new world now?

Nukes and firebombing

>already beat a containment war after i got up to 50 infamy taking every spanish/french african colony + alaska
>now i took columbia from usa

oh boy this game

Not you again.

The Venezuelan crisis of 1895 is proving to be more of a bitch to deal with than I hoped for, especially considering US intervention, the possible results and arbitration.

It's a little more complicated since the events will happen to any country that own British Guyana (expect for Guyana itself) and it also takes in account the crisis being about Gran Colombia and not Venezuela.

Anyway, in the meantime I made a few more things. Made sure South Peru actually joins Peru after the PBC ends, made so Immigration Quotas is now a new world only policy that slightly reduces immigrant attraction but it reduces core pop militancy and discouraged the US from sphering everyone in Asia and Central Asia. Except for Japan and Siam, anyway.

>Middle East/Anatolia nearly unchanged
>Northern Germanic/Baltic lands get Shrecked
It's a cruel world we live in

>can't play a western tech cunt in EU4 without autistically colonizing the Caribbean at the start of every game

Is there any possible way to justify not doing this aside from being landlocked?

I like this America
To bad you can't install a Hapsburg on the Mexican throne and Aryanize Hispanic lands in this game, would be the cherry on the top.

>you can't install a Hapsburg on the Mexican throne and Aryanize Hispanic lands
You think installing a habsburg on the throne would do what 300 years of colonialism didn't do?

The Battle of Deir al-Zur was Aubry's greatest victory, his "entry into immortality" as one of the best commanders the world had ever seen. In spite of his victory in the first Mongol invasion--which had been fought against a much more powerful Khanate than the one he fought now--much of those victories were rightly credited to Svietislav the Bulgar, in a conflict where Aubry was not the chief commander, but merely a minder of the flank. At Dier al-Zur, Aubry was in full command.

Shortly after the Battle of ar-Rabha, Aubry and his forces took up a position behind a river, with flat terrain to their back and gently rolling hills in front of them, perfect to slow any Mongol advance. Aubry positioned the Siwss Band and whatever pikemen were left over from his own forces on the rear of every hill to pin the Mongol riders as they crested them, then assigned light infantry and skirmishers behind the pikes to cover their flanks and rear. His main forces (especially his cavalry) he held in far reserve, with the expectation that the Mongol forces, once they had finally ridden past and encircled the hill defenders, would be vulnerable to a crushing attack.

The battle occurred exactly as he had expected it to, and the initial force of 20,000 Mongol riders and levies had been firmly defeated... when 2,000 more appeared, with 15,000 after that, and another 10,000 from the flank. The Mongols, in spite of their earlier losses, considered breaching al-Zur and forcing Aubry's forces back to be worth any potential expenditure of life.

Aubry devastated them. It was worse than slaughter; Aubry's forces lost almost nothing, whilst the Khan of Khan's forces lost almost everything.

The Battle of Deir al-Zur would be taught alongside Manzikert as one of the most skillful victories in medieval warfare, and although as time passed the focus would change from the genius of Aubry to the incompetence of Ukhuna, Aubry's incredible prowess cannot be wholly discounted.

>and discouraged the US from sphering everyone in Asia and Central Asia

how do you do this? asking for personal modding reasons.

also, new version WHEN?

But I don't want more Aryan lives to be lost in this endless war!!

I might be bombing the South though

Why the fuck haven't you fixed this HPM?

Dank

That's my nigga

inb4 he dies during intense love making with Boto to celebrate

>But I don't want more Aryan lives to be lost in this endless war!!
That's why I'm telling you to bomb them to shit instead of invading them.

Genghis Khan can't be used with a name.

yes, but if the sealevels drop, Europe benefits a lot (water stored in glacial ice)
that's what you get for the Eurasian plain

The upper class of Mexico has always been hu'white, user.The main reason Mexico is as shit as it is today is explicitely due to US interventionism to keep them down. It's the only reason the first Hapsburg in Mexico was ever ousted to begin with, actually. If the US was a less influential power such as in user's timeline Mexico would've ended up like something closer to Argentina, at worst.

It was my understanding Genghis Khan merely meant supreme ruler. I don't know the Mongol language, though, so obviously I couldn't be sure.

Just another minor inconsistency, I suppose.

HAIL THE KHAN-BREAKER!

What the fuck is going on with the mongols and why the fuck are they fielding so much melee cavalry and fucking infantry

please make a decision to send the African Americans back to africa as it was a historical possibility after the end of Slavery

Fuck off back to /pol/

They declared war on me three and a half decades ago and I wiped out all their invasion troops, which is where the vast majority of their horse archers come from.

LEGENDARY BTFO

This.
youtube.com/watch?v=EmFSR2E4sCY

I thought Genghis/Chengis/etc was his given name, Khan means something along the lines of King, and Khagan (Which ended up being pronounced as Khaan) meant Khan of Khans, which was Genghis' title.

fuck off b@ck to reddit

Fuck you, /pol/acks can enjoy GSG too; /pol/ is board of peace

Is there any way to change Japan's units to that of the generic Asians post-1860? I don't like seeing Samurai until 1900.

how

>/pol/ is board of peace
Does anyone unironically believe that

t. /leftypol/

No, his given name was Temujin. Genghis Khan just means "Supreme Ruler," it was a title that was given to him when he united the clans.

That border is very kawaii

/pol/ loves all un-repentant cucks and minorities! They just need to pay their tax!

It still pisses me off so much.

No, his given name is Temujin.
Genghis is usually thought to mean Oceanic or Global but it might also have been derived from the Chinese 正 which means something like "rightful", "just", or "correct" or even 政 which means something like Government and is also the name of the First Emperor.

>Austria annexes Krakow
>becomes KuK
>crisis over Krakow
>France backs Krakow
>France wins the crisis before war happens
Literally just this.

/pol/ is as much a board of peace as islam is a religion of peace

You reduce their starting relations and influence level.

I don't know, I still need to deal with Ethiopian states not forming Ethiopia because they are dirty poor and refuse to go to war.

It's vanilla and it's hardly important. Something more important and that's wrong is the fact that guards are a Napoleonic-era unit, but still needs to be unlocked. Or the fact that the tree ends in "Modern Divisional Structure" when that's not a light armament and everything before that was about armaments.

Would you rather it be Semi-Automatic Rifles or self-loading rifles?

The back-to-africa movement is on the plans, but it's complicated as I need to decide fail conditions and the target needs to be fixed (where they go).

I will probably do a unit change for "flintlock rifles" or another tech, so when they get that it changes, but I need to add a whole "class" of units for all countries to be pre-flintlock rifles, so it's not going to happen soon. It will happen in the future.

If that was the case only the city would be liberated, what caused that were polish rebels

Following the disastrous losses at the Battle of Deir al-Zur, the Mongol forces retreated into Sinjar, desperately hoping to link up with the 10,000 survivors of the battle of ar-Rabha to once again form a united force which might, if they were lucky, be mighty enough to face down the still-unified forces of the King of Jerusalem.

They were not destined to be so lucky.

The force from ar-Rabha had already swiftly retreated from the field, and the army that arrived at Sinjar, in spite of containing most of the leadership of the Khanate, was nevertheless left isolated and vulnerable.

King Aubry pounced upon it as a lion would its prey.

While the actual Battle of Makisin is underwhelming, its aftermath is not: Aubry personally captured Ukhuna Khan in the midst of the battle, and his son Prince Aubry managed to catch Aqa Khutula attempting to flee the field. Alongside Aqa Alagh, who was captured after the Battle of Deir al-Zur, Aubry now holds approximately half of the leadership of the Mongol Khanate in chains.

Originally, Aubry had no intention to bring Ukhuna to Jerusalem to... "converse" with Boto, but now that Ukhuna was in chains and at his mercy--and, of course, now that the war was effectively over because of it--he decided to grant his wife's request to see the Khan of Khans bow before him.

Packing up his camps, paying his mercenaries their parting fees, and setting Ukhuna Khan and Aqas Khutula and Alagh ahead of him, he begins the long march back to Jerusalem with his prisoners.

>(where they go)
Into the Atlantic.

ok, Liberia is a reasonable target

>where they go
Liberia plus offers for Brazil and Morocco in a slave selling deal? Maybe some for the Caribbean and Sierra Leone as well.

based

>where they go
Liberia

>Would you rather it be Semi-Automatic Rifles or self-loading rifles?

Just move the activation date back to 1885, as that's around the time when the first "modern" bolt-action rifle entered service.