/ksg/- Katawa Shoujo General

Katawa Shoujo General #3082

Beach Edition

Previous Thread: Official website: katawa-shoujo.com/(KS is free)
About Katawa Shoujo: katawa-shoujo.com/about.php
Summer's Clover (Unofficial Miki route by Lilly's writer): ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9996
KS Alpha (Pre-release version: pastebin.com/weL41ehu
#KSGGames (Risk/Chess IRC Chat) :pastebin.com/eaqK2kPq
Pastebin:http: //pastebin.com/syJHnDCB
Writebin:pastebin.com/jUpSAYZE
KSG FAQ:pastebin.com/fFCGBSdi
Shimmie:shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/
New KSG Map:zeemaps.com/map?group=1834162
Flockdraw:skycow.us/whiteboard
3D-Printable Katawa Figurines:ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10195.swf
Desktop Katawas:mediafire.com/?ogvo1fh7d5x36j9
/ksg/ exclusive 3DS themes:mega.nz/#!3hkznbaR!Zu_0gWDvitQspHUaEhtUeLG7iJhK4Q_79MpXaASkrQo
Katawa Shoujo Lite:newgrounds.com/portal/view/608881
KS Interactive Shrink:writing.com/main/interact/item_id/1858014-Katawa-Shoujo-shrink

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lqf8O4J3JYQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Honoko is worst girl. only kidding bro's she's best. Tied with Emi, Lilly, Misha and Shizoon Rin is worst.

for Miki

How goes it, Friends?

I am the fucking tired
Love you all my friends, goodnight

Not you though fuck outta here with that opinion

>Rin is worst
Nobody is perfect, not even user.

Hey, bro! Doing anything fun?

Great opening pic, mate.
Hanako is love, Hanako is life.

Dunno if you are the original poster of the pic or not, but thanks. To both of you.

Rest well, friend.

Nope. Winding down for the day.

agreed. not even a hanabro but that's a great pic

Nth for a Happy Hana!

I disliked Rin but only in hindsight did I realize that her route mirrored much of my failed first relationship.

Good to see you Castron. You're here early.

I'm not the guy who made it. I just thought it deserved to be the OP pic

918 to go

I think I might have my sleep schedule back in order. By not going to bed last night and by spending the day clearing brush, digging post holes, and fixing a toilet.. I'm so damn tired...

You may not have made it, friend, but you're still doing God's work, OP. Any picture where Hanako is comfortable with herself is a wonderful thing.

Nth for a summer/beach Hana!

Dammit Castron, you need to sleep. Drink if you have to, but coming here will only make you more tired.

The rarest of Hanas.

That's the point, friend, its 8 PM and I'm TIRED! For the last week I've been going to bed at 6 AM, tonight I might be in bed at a reasonable time.

Also, due to last night's fit of introspection, I've decided to try and uh... do a little better for myself. Small things to start, like watching what I eat and completely stop drinking soda. Water's wet for a reason, that's all I need. And exercise once I figure up a good way to go about it...

So to that guy last night that kept on about how "he'd promise to improve himself" if I did the same, then completely WRECKED me when I said I couldn't be improved with the "I guess we're not alike then" bit. You win, you bastard.

I still can't talk to women, but I'll be damned if I can't try to be a little healthier.

Still not going to a doctor.

>have a gf
>want a different gf
fug

is the new one qt'er?

Haha, no I would just like another one in general.
I like my gf a lot but she's not my type at all in terms of appearance.
I guess I just want to experience that 'new gf' phase again, getting to know someone and then discovering them initially is the best part of a relationship.
It's why I enjoy KS so much.

>I guess I just want to experience that 'new gf' phase again, getting to know someone and then discovering them initially is the best part of a relationship.
>It's why I enjoy KS so much.
i know this feel.

what is your type of girl as far as appearance, and how does your current gf not match?

It was me. I'm really happy you've decided to improve, even if its in small ways. You're not as bad as you think you are after all. Just give yourself time and I think you'll be able to achieve what you want. No, I'm sure you'll be able to do it. I can see you've been trying and I have faith in you.And you can depend on me if you feel like you need someone to support you, because I'm going through the same thing. That's love.

Now go see a doctor!

Well, I am interested in younger girls. Short and cute. I guess there are other details but it's hard to put my finger on it. "Quirky"?

My gf is years older than me, and large. Perhaps we're almost too similar.

>Short and cute
emi, then, even though she's the oldest? although misha and shizune are second shortest and are both cute, too...

I have a friend just like you, stick with the nice girlfriend you have.

>rin poster

>tfw no Hanako to read with

Nobody reads anymore...

i do

Shizune is too hardworking, serious and moral. Misha is too bubbly and annoying.
Yeah, I like Emi.

I know... just pondering aloud.

Emi is pretty amazing.

>Yeah, I like Emi
i'm with you, but also go for shizune. she and emi have a lot of similarities i think

I read!

Never thought of it that way, they're both fairly pushy people and they both work as hard as they can.

Are you a girl?

Yeah I still haven't done Shizune, yet. I hear mixed things about her route I guess.

Its an enjoyable route, its just nothing special and doesn't really focus on her or the romantic relationship.

The main problem with Shizune's route is that a lot of it is heavily reliant on context and foreshadowing, you wouldn't actually appreciate most of it unless you played it twice.

and they can both be pretty selfless (emi with rin, shizune with her council duties), both have a lot of self-discipline, are competitive, and are minxes in the sack
>

see . i really liked shizune's character, but she deserved better in her route. her alpha route had a lot of better elements i think, especially the relationship between her and hisao seemed more genuine and realistic.

Hmmm, that sounds perhaps a but disappointing.

Interesting.

Yeah, one of the main driving forces of starting the relationship with Emi is her health plan she sets up and encourages Hisao to do while as you said Shizune is big on the student council.

since emi can't sing, i wonder how drunk she'd have to be to be in that position. having a drunk emi karaoke love songs to you like in that picture would be adorable

Like this for example It's heavily implied that Shizune was holding their relationship so they didn't alienate Misha, if you paid attention Shizune only treats Hisao like a boyfriend in scenes where she's not present.

This. Shizune gets a lot of hate, but there is more detail to pay attention to in love triangles.

Beeeh, don't go soft on me. I didn't ask for pandering and ass kissing, you keep your end of the bargain and get shit in gear and I'll do the same. But thanks.

Now I just need a backpack full of sand and a tractor tire...

>Now go see a doctor

OVER MY BLOATED CORPSE!

It's a bit unfair that her route is criticized as plotless when Lilly's route had introduced more pointless characters and had no conflict until the last act. And the whole point of the good end and the bad end is that it hinges on whether or not Hisao considers himself to be in a relationship with Shizune.

I don't understand why Lilly and her route get so much praise.

Both Lilly and Hanako's routes are really blatant wish fulfillment rather than realistic parables of relationships. Hell, the sex in Lilly's route was so gratuitous it almost killed Hisao. Lilly seems more of a surrogate mother than an actual partner in a relationship, so of course she'd be prime waifu material. In Hanako's case its just so easy to project your feelings onto her (regardless of what they are) and the "shy cute girl" are guaranteed to make her popular.

Get out.

I was directly quoting Hanako's good ending! If you get sick again, will you promise to see a doctor?

Hanako's route is not wish fulfillment at all, the only thing it does is taunt the reader with thoughts of "what could have been"

You've pretty much nailed my issues with those routes.
Lilly also struck me as too perfect rather than a realistic person, a large chested, pretty, intelligent loving blond who's easily approachable and has no real conflict till the very end.

I don't have anything against these characters, I'm just saying that there's a reason why they wouldn't appreciate the more subtle stories of Rin or Shizune. There isn't a lot of reading in between the lines you have to do for them but for the others (barring Emi) there is a lot more implicit elements that need to be considered.

>Lilly's route had introduced more pointless characters

Shizune's route had Misha, Hideaki, Jigoro, and Aie and Keiko.

Lilly's route had Akira and Hideaki. Maybe Antique Shop Man, I guess.

Lilly's route is a relationship simulator. The vast majority of relationship have no real drama, no soul wrenching conflict.

The story was more about Hisao and breaking out of his comfort zone and his development as he learned more about Lilly and grew closer to her. Lilly is pretty much the same person from beginning to end and the route addresses her own issues, but it doesn't center around Hisao fixing her.

The sex was pretty gratuitous, but it also served to keep his heart condition in the forefront of the story, while it gets forgotten in other routes and hand waved aside. I appreciated that the route tried to make sure you remembered Hisao's condition and why he was at Yamaku as much as the route reminds you of Lilly being blind.
>prime waifu material
No problem with that.

>blonde
>perfect

oh boy, fluffs here to defend his waifu's and suriko's honor with his large fingers

Yeah I know thanks, just messing.

>but it doesn't center around Hisao fixing her
Non of the routes centre around Hisao "fixing" a girl, a fair few of the routes punish attempts at trying to "fix" the girl.

G'morning, doods!
How are we all today?
What fun and interesting things do we all have planned?

Yes

Why can't you just die?

Oh... Well... That makes me sad... Its been four years since I played KS and I only played it once through to the end, so yeah...

>if you get sick again, will you promise to see a doctor?

Pfffft, you're starting to sound like my friends...

>Dude, are you okay?
>Yeah, I just had a fever.
>How high?
>104.
>WHAT!? Are you okay? What did you do?
>I drank a hand full of water from my bathroom sink because it hurt too much to walk to the kitchen, then I took a nap.
>You could have died!
>Yup.

Also, no. I won't. I don't have money to buy food, let alone spend money on doctorin'.

Personally I don't blame you if you don't care about Hanako's rape ending enough to remember some shitty line from it.

Shizune's route has three primary characters (Hisao, Shizune, Misha) and an assortment of secondary characters who, for the most part, get little more than cameos (Lilly, Akira, Hideaki, Jigoro, Aoi, Keiko, Kenji, Mutou, Yuuko, Nurse(?)). By comparison, Lilly's route has four primary characters (Hisao, Lilly, Akira, Hanako) and an assortment of secondary characters who, for the most part, get little more than cameos (Shizune, Misha, Hideaki, Rin, Emi, Othello, Kenji, Mutou, Yuuko, Nurse). That's right - Lilly's route has more characters, even when I cheat and give it the twofer of Aoi and Keiko.

>Lilly is pretty much the same person from beginning to end and the route addresses her own issues
This is the problem, especially when people criticize Shizune for the lack of character development. Lilly is too perfect to change, hopefully she doesn't hide another relationship destroying secret from him in the future.

People also shit on the route for only having one choice when really most other choices in the novel are either superfluous or illogical. In Lilly's route, there is no reason to lie in any of the choices presented especially when you're required to be honest to get into it in the first place. It's counter to the themes in which Hisao learns to stop relying on her... by continuing to rely on her.

>his heart condition in the forefront of the story
It was a plot device to get them together. Hisao is a dumbass but fucking forgetting 17 pills? He hasn't been excercising but suddenly he can run miles to Shizune's house and the airport but only collapse at the last minute? It's just lazy writing.

I think Emi's route has a little of Hisao fixing her by breaking through her barriers and making her open up. The way he does it depends on the player's choices, but the track confession is more that way than the rooftop ending.

I don't consider Akira a main character. Important, but not a main one.

If you're counting one scene with Rin and Emi on the rooftop and the non-dialogue role of Othello as a secondary character, you need to make a distinction between what is a secondary and what is a background character.

I also didn't count the main girls since they don't count as secondary or background to me if they have their own route. Cameo is a good term as you used it, but showing up in one scene hardly detracts from the story since they play no part in the overall story. Even Shizune is only a sub-plot of her and Lilly's relationship which gives some much needed closure for the two of them, something missing from Shizune's own route which is often complained about.

With the way Misha steals the spotlight in Shizune's route and how Hideaki and Jigoro detract from the story, it's hard to claim Akira is that bad when her man purpose is to give Lilly a history outside Yamaku and deliver a plot end game. We can even claim Kenji as a secondary for Shizune since he has the most scenes of any route in her story.

The closure of Lilly's route makes it very clear the two of them go off to live happily ever after. It's would be against the tone of the ending to insinuate that their relationship would be anything but stable from this point on, other than the struggle any new couple would have starting a life together. Even so, Shizune and Lilly are both equally static in their Good Endings, with Shizune only learning her lesson in her Bad End and Lilly realizing her own mistakes in her Good.
>cont

>In Lilly's route, there is no reason to lie in any of the choices presented especially when you're required to be honest to get into it in the first place.

Hisao doesn't lie to Lilly so much as fail to mention something, the same thing she does. He refrains from talking about his condition, his heart, and his worries over her feelings for the same reason Lilly doesn't tell him about Scotland; he doesn't want to inject drama into something that seems to be going so well and just wants it to solve itself.

>It was a plot device to get them together.
It was a plot device to get him to Yamaku as well.

>He hasn't been excercising but suddenly he can run miles to Shizune's house and the airport but only collapse at the last minute?

He doesn't run to Shizune;s house, he gets a taxi there and to the airport. He collapses while running through the terminal.

But Hisao is a dumb ass, this is confirmed fact.

>>But Hisao is a dumb ass, this is confirmed fact.
on this everyone can agree, no matter which girl's camp they're in

word

This is now a Hisao hate thread.

I thought that was every thread?

and yet he cums inside all of our bestgirls. how can this be

Yes but with more emphasis now.

He lives in a 2d wonderland. His life is just better than ours.

Not on one of mine.
But on Rin he does, it hurts.

truth

depends on which suzu story, i guess

I prefer her being a lesbo than staying with Hisao.

i can understand that

Is Summers Clover like a new route for Katawa Shoujo? Or is it literally text?

Text.

Literally text.

>I don't consider Akira a main character.
She's pretty prominent in the ending, you can't say the same for Hanako.

>With the way Misha steals the spotlight in Shizune's route
Misha was the main actor of the story. She gets Hisao and Shizune together, she directs the student council efforts to be more fun and inviting to others, and provides the ultimate conflict of the route before its apparent why its the case. You could make the same argument for Hanako in Lilly's route that she's the most dynamic character but in her case it wasn't the focus of the route.

>Hideaki and Jigoro detract from the story
They served the same purpose as Akira just not as explicit. These two capable but dysfunctional people are not so different from Shizune and at least try to reconcile with her in their own ways as opposed to the long infodumps Akira gives in Lilly's route. Not to mention that if the "meeting your gf's dad" cliche is egregious, why isn't the sunset confession or airport terminal race cliches equally as questionable?

>Shizune only learning her lesson in her Bad End
Wow that 15 minute scene of Shizune spying on Misha taking lessons and admitting it was her fault she was driving everyone away wasn't learning her lesson.

My point about those choices is that there is no impetus to be evasive to Lilly in a narrative sense. The player has no reason to think that being honest would create a conflict. At least the choice of banging Misha is justifiable by how distant Shizune is and because its Misha.

>plot device
That's all it is, lets not pretend that it was a thoughtful contemplation of mortality given how it was used there. None of the routes did it justice.

>He doesn't run to Shizune;s house, he gets a taxi there and to the airport
He runs half a mile to get the taxi from Yamaku, then out of the taxi to Jigoro's house, then back to the taxi into the airport. All this from a guy whose easily winded during sex.

and not that good, imo. the conflicts (especially in hisao's route) are contrived and the resolutions happen in seemingly no time.

The fireworks that were postponed Monday just ended a few minutes ago. They were amazing and once again I felt like I was truly alive in those moments. I really want to see all the beautiful things life has to offer.

Think nothing of it Castron. Go to bed at least.

Fireworks are nice, sometimes.

youtu.be/lqf8O4J3JYQ

>go to bed

Thinking about it. Haven't eaten today so thinkin' about making a sandwich first.

What kind of sandwich? How "fresh" is your meat?

Haven't decided I'll probably just make a piece of toast.

My "meat" is very "fresh".

What an underwhelming meal. I think you can do better than that.

Then you over estimate the state of my kitchen.

Remember, friend, I had to quit my job so I could take care of my grandparents and their farm.

I didn't mean to offend, I was just thinking you were in a more celebratory mood tonight. May I ask what your profession was?

None taken, friend.

Worked in the warehouse of a Grocery outlet for about 3 years. Loading, unloading, pricing, that sort of deal. Before that was 3 years on a road crew fixing bridges and concrete roadways.

Now I guess I'm a herdsman and handyman. pro bono

But do you like your new job? You seem to be fairly happy in general.

Wouldn't say 'happy'. I'm happy I can make my grandparent's lives easier. I'm happy that they're happy. Work keeps my mind off of things, idle minds and all that. Never saw myself, or really wanted to, work on a farm, but life doesn't just give you what you want.

Happy just doesn't put food in the fridge or keep the lights on or fix leaky roofs.

Poor chice of words on my part, I meant rather content. But it seems like you're more resigned than I ever thought you'd be. What would you do if you didn't have to work on the farm?

Its real dumb as there's no demand for the sort of thing anymore, but what I'd really like to do is... Blacksmithing.

I found some peanut butter of questionable age and some crackers.

We've established. There is a market but you don't like horses and the other half is sparse and arguably over-saturated or not so much...

I think it could actually be pretty doable.

Wow you're really an old fashioned guy Castron. Also I would advise against eating protein before sleeping, it will keep you up.