Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/

Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/ #758

FAQ (You) Edition

Welcome, this general is for the discussion of ILLUSION's Artificial Academy 2.

COPY ERROR MESSAGES WITH CTRL+C, PASTE THEM WITH CTRL+V INTO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. STOP ASKING US BEFORE DOING THAT. JUST CLICK THE WINDOW AND PRESS CTRL + C, IT WORKS.

For File Acquisition errors, do one of the following:
- switch all locale/system/region/date/time/everything settings to Japanese
- keep locale locale/system/region/everything settings and run with Applocale (Win7/Win8) or Locale Emulator (Win10)
Always run as admin.

>READ THE READMES OF EVERY MOD YOU DOWNLOAD. IT SOLVES 99% OF YOUR PROBLEMS.

>Information:
Main Site: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/index.html
Append I Info: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/append/index.html
Append II Info: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/append2/index.html
Purchase: amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=LTD-PCG-03693
Download: sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=481633
Download for All Updates: sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=1189198
/aa2g/-Approved Pre-Installed game: aria.ma.cx/aaa/AA2.torrent
Character Database mirrors:
no-info.no-ip.info/aa2/index.html
aa2.is-fantabulo.us/aa2/index.html
178.140.224.56/aa2/index.html

Please read through the AA2 pastebin for mods and info (READ BEFORE ASKING):
pastebin.com/BhpfXqHP
FAQ Image (READ BEFORE ASKING): i.imgur.com/0MFmOxg.jpg
Installation Guide (READ BEFORE ASKING): pastebin.com/YCrkrDh2
Supplement to the Install Guide, with Pictures: imgur.com/a/KZYsw

/aa2g/ Modder's Reference Guide (Slot lists for Hair/Clothes/Faces, List Guides, and more):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwmoVpKuSuF0PtEPLEB17eK_dexPaKU106ShZEpBLhg/edit#gid=1751233129

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

no-info.no-ip.info/aa2/index.html?view=AA025064
no-info.no-ip.info/aa2/index.html?view=AA022255
178.140.224.56/aa2/index.html?view=AA025065
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't just stand there, come a little closer.

we used to have fun here.

>no hair physics
>stiff as a man's dick
........>:\\\\\\\\\ my butthole itches.......

you forgot release never

But we still have fun here.

speak for yourself

She's on the DB. Has been for a while now.

proof it

user.. Use the search function.

it's in the secret vip section of the db where tmfaggerz releases all his new shit. the dorkgooksterina card is even there x^DDDja

what do i search for?

my dick

search it

Looks like you don't deserve it then hu?

Archetype Le Nigger Saber

Ibuki

Please help.

I keep getting "The program can't start because d3dx9_42.dll is missing from your computer".

What the fuck

>my butthole itches
Better stuff a dick up there then.

Install the dx9 runtime

What the fuck is wrong with my game?
When I click "random" the god damn thing crashes.

That is random :P

Why is raping kind so great?

You tell me why.

SHIT NOW THIS HAPPENS

w-wtf

look at the picture, retard. It's made specifically for people like you

just click on the box then hit ctrl + c
then go to google translate

The memes came to an end already, senpai.

Decided to go with the CM3D2 hair textures.

One more question:

Is there any way to load cards from the DB in the maker without getting the stupid elf ears? Also, what causes it? Cards using custom faces?

I figured it out! Thank you anons!

s-sorry

game insert some is not.

The game isn't in?

That answers my second question, but not my first. I'm guessing that's a no? How do people make cards then? That must be annoying as heck to have to go in-game to see the result.

you clearly didn't read the image. It says how you do it. Please learn latin alphabet

Game is not installed.

Fuck, I'm retarded.

Can some1 kewl make my new crush? She is from Masou Gakuen HxH and is tooo fucking adorable not to put dicks in.

but i don't give a shit?????? >>>xD

You have to pay the card creators a small fee.

Are (you)s an acceptable currency?

just make her urself :)

For the one or two that was asking a while ago:

no-info.no-ip.info/aa2/index.html?view=AA025064

Not him, but I appreciate it, senpai.

oh shit...
C@RD!

She's been on the DB for a while and only minor edits have been made to her since then.
no-info.no-ip.info/aa2/index.html?view=AA022255

_no

Is she from a hentai?

thanks user

Of course, she's a slut after all.

the qtst kind here

but that's not ryokkko!?!?!?

>forcing mature
Sounds hot, but that isn't kind. :^]
It's good to see that you like her.

I adore kind; easily one of my favorite personalities. She's just so endearing to me.

>my new crush?
Unless you read the novel user that's too fucking quick it's only been 1 episode, for all you know in 5 episodes she could turn into a huge generic slut who sucks fat man dick.

too bad that graceful's translation never. She sounds like a Kind and Sweet mix both of which do things to my kokoro

Here you go random guy from the last thread. I wasn't ignoring you I just had to go to work
178.140.224.56/aa2/index.html?view=AA025065

how about if... post anything?

Sweet can be pretty good too. There's a graceful for AA2? Do you have the files?

thank doot

<

Graceful is linked in that niconico video's description posted last thread, It's Japanese and comes with its makers own version of NoDim so it's not a clean conversion for release.

You shouldn't shit on a mans dreams like that user-kun, for all you know he is as sensitive as Cuck.

I'd genuinely feel bad for giving that girl the D. She looks like she really wants to study.

I grabbed it anyway. Thanks.

sponge bro your self insert reminds me of one of the boys from that anime this season I think Handa-kun! is the name you should check it out you would love it.

yeah i am watching it

Could a kind user post a working download link of the translation maker loader for me, please? :(

Get the maker tweak in the pastebin. Unless you're running a one-folder install it's the better option.

why do you need it? Did you read the OP, including the image?

>one-folder install
Not even once. Disgusting.

It's 100% more convenient for everything except using subtitles and the maker tweak, and I've never missed either of those.

It's not more convenient at all. Having separate folders adds more structure to the mess of jg2 files. because they serve different purpose - one is for modelling and the other for gameplay I'd rather have a 3rd folder with all the save data like cards, caps and classes.

I wonder if it's possible to modify AA2 to use a 3rd folder for those.

Your breakdown of the file structure is oversimplified and wrong, senpai. e07 and p07 both contain sound files. e04 and p04 both contain sviex. The only split between the files is which client reads them, and even that is murky because the play client uses e01 for the clothing selection screen poses. There really isn't any rational reason why the files are segregated as they are. Maybe there could be in theory, but not in application.

Something similar can be done with the junctions.
I know it's oversimplified but the principle applies with exceptions and having 2 folders reminds you of them whenever you make mods. I'm not saying 2 folders are inherently better but for a game that is designed to use 2 it's better to keep them separate. If the maker was integrated into the game then it would make no sense to have 2 folders but that's not the case

Oh, ok. Thanks! Sorry for the nuisance.

I don't see how having e02_xxx and el02_xxx in different folders helps you remember that you need both for a hair you're releasing. The fact that the only things that don't work flawlessly in a single folder setup are third-party addons says to me that it wasn't even really designed to use 2 folders. If subtitles and the tweak didn't rely on dlls, there would be no inherent advantage to a two-folder install.

the fact that these two fairly important mods aren't working with a single folder is enough reason to use two.
Having 2 folders aids in making mods wizzard-ready so that you put your subfiles in the correct folder.
And you don't "need" both for a hair - you can just keep your modded girls cancer patients. Having both files in the same folder doesn't help because of that "l" preventing the files to stay together if sorted alphabetically.

I have the exact opposite view. I don't use subtitles because there's no reason to translate sex flavor text and even if I didn't know enough nip to pick up keywords for Minna!s I'd learn the sound cues quickly enough just by repetition. The only thing the tweak does better than the normal loader is having the images of the bmps in the window it opens, but I live with my texture folder open anyway when making girls so I already have that at my disposal when picking eyes. Conversely, I think hair mods with cancer-head low polys are lazy work and off-putting in-game.
As for the wizzard-readiness, I don't see how copying two files from one folder into two folders is more annoying that copying two files from two folders into two folders.

having subs shows some kind of chat where you can see what's happening in school while you're lewding up that girl - it's not like it requires concentration and seeing more thing happening is nice. Also when there's a triggered evil in class and it's the last period and you don't feel like going through another day it helps you with catching the stabbening in time(assuming you don't get caught by a creepy wanting to go to karaoke with her frineds)
Maker tweak also translates the maker and lets you launch it without locale fuckery - literally like it was made for a western audience.
>I think hair mods with cancer-head low polys are lazy work and off-putting in-game.
they are both but until the release you can keep them cancerheads. I add low polys as a milestone marker - if it's bald then it's not ready.
>As for the wizzard-readiness, I don't see how copying two files from one folder into two folders is more annoying that copying two files from two folders into two folders.
it's less annoying than having 2 additional folders open when you make a girl desu. Also less scrolling because there are a million files in your single folder.

Wait what? I have a single folder setup since the very beginning and all mods work fine.

I'm just taking for granted what said. I don't know if that's the case since I'm using 2 folders. My point is telling people that 1 folder setup is a good idea is a bad advice. You should do it if you know what you're doing otherwise it's a pain in the ass for others who might tech support you.

I don't need to know what's happening in every room that I'm not in (and there are trainers for that anyway), and the multiple lines of subs that I see in some peoples' screenshots are unsightly to me.
My system is in Japanese locale so I don't have to launch anything with special conditions beyond what I already had to for other things. I understand that appeal but it doesn't apply to me, or a good chunk of other people who play other h-games.
I'm not talking about personal mods for hair so I don't know why you brought that up. I'm only referring to mods that have been released.
I have 1 extra folder open when making a girl. The eye or the highlight, depending on which I'm working on, and which is no different than what the tweak provides. And the amount of maker files in my data folder really wouldn't help or hurt the scroll issue to be honest. Can't be helped in that regard.

Oh, I would never tell someone to install as a single folder. I did it by accident myself, but it works so I'm not going to change it. It also has some advantages as I've explained, but I'm aware of the disadvantages too. I just didn't like it getting called disgusting, when it's more of a sidegrade than an up- or downgrade.

Yeah that's how myn looks. Except when I edit pp files I throw them in a diffrent folder and edit them there as to not get those folders everywhere and backups.

Shit like that makes me sick.

There is technically nothing wrong with installing to a single folder, it just makes life harder because you have to use obsolete mods or can't have subtitles. I think it also makes your texture folder into a clusterfuck with the hardlinker.

What do your two folders look like, for the comparison? How many other subfolders do you keep your working mods in? I do what's convenient for me, senpai. Don't have a conniption.

The hardlinker works fine for me in my single folder. My problem was the FAT32 drive I was originally installed on. That's been resolved.

>I'm not talking about personal mods for hair so I don't know why you brought that up. I'm only referring to mods that have been released.
Released hair mods were originally personal so there's no difference, really. You just add that extra bit of polish at the end before releasing - all done in the separate play folder.
>which is no different than what the tweak provides
I find it more convenient to have tweak do it for me. Looks like you're emulating its functionality which is understandable in your case but it's objectively worse.
>I just didn't like it getting called disgusting, when it's more of a sidegrade than an up- or downgrade.
It is a personal preference but I ultimately think it's worse because it adds more problems than it solves. I guess depends on your priorities.
not much of a clusterfuck because the maker's texture folder is consisting of only 2 subfolders: eye and hilight. play's texture is a clusterfuck in itself that's why all the textures are in the textures subfolder.

No I don't need to use obsolete mods. And I can use the subs.

It's not that it doesn't work fine, it just turns it into a mess.

You can't use AA2Edit tweak and subs at the same time. The translation loader is obsolete.

Nothing your describing is getting advantages from being in two folders from my perspective. Either you have to have 2 windows open for the two folders to do the same operations (which you call 'objectively worse' when I do emulate the tweak with a folder), or you have to switch between folders which is a pain in the ass.

What mess? The maker files go first and the play files go second, with the low poly hairs as the transition point. There is literally no mess, just a longer single list instead of two lists. Same with the texture folder you mentioned in your other post. This is not a clusterfuck, or if it is, it's not more of one than the play texture folder already is.

I can use tweak just fine as well. And I mean I can use EVERY MOD with out a problem. Maybe I'm confused on what you mean by one folder setup but the way I have it is that some stuff is in diffrent folders and everyone of my pp files are in one folder like how it's shown in the picture above. But if you mean where literally everthing under the sun in in one folder then yes, that's stupid.

Tired of playing with the default set.

Which AA2G class in the pastebin should I try?