Homebrew & Hacking General - /hbg/

Previous Thread:
/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax, OOT3D and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon
-Pokémon Picross announced as new secondary homebrew entrypoint
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/
-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-New IOSU exploit details for developers have been added to WiiUBrew, but don't expect anything yet.
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-5.6 may get released soon. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/release-twlsavetool-v1-0.412887/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>took this long for a new thread
>reuses the image from two threads ago
>op isn't updated

ayy

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

Is 11.0 invincible?

>it's better than nothing

fair enough

use solderhax for 11.0

So I have a hacked 3DS with CFW already set up. I found a program that can move saves from the 3DS onto an SD card so I can then edit it on a computer. Works like a charm for 3DS games, but it won't find DS save files.

How do I get HG/SS/BW/B2W2 save files onto the SD card so I can then use a program like Pokegen?

I don't have 11.0, just asking.

mr. mega con man posts on /hbg/ now?

If you're using a flashcard then it should be on the SD. Otherwise well I dunno.

hai

I'm not sure if you can dump them on 3DS.

I know it's possible with a classic DS or DS Lite and a DS flashcart.

Is there a difference between installing CIA's torrented from online and using freeShop?

updating my old gateway 3DS to 11, what's the newest gateway build? I see 3.7.1 on downloads page but I also see 4.0 beta being discussed on the front page.

Latest FBI can do it, there's also a standalone tool: gbatemp.net/threads/release-twlsavetool-v1-0.412887/

ha

It's not a flashcart. It's the real game. Although I am interested in finding a flashcart for Platinum or Explorers of Sky. Which one is recommended?

Oh well. Thanks for replying.

no

I'm aware, I'm updating so I can transfer the data off to a new A9LH+luma unit I got.

anyone have a good site to get 3ds games?

eshop

amazon.com has always worked for me

can I use it with sky3ds?

of course master race does it all

Awesome thanks.

Doesn't HG/SS have some hardware issues regarding the saves? I remember being impossible transferring a SS save from a flashcart to a legit cart back then, blaming the IR sensor.

Whats the app thatll let you transfer from your pc to your 3ds an what kind of speeds is it?

Does anyone have a .cia for the stock twl_firm? I need it for a9lh, and I cannot use 3DNUS

Okay, I went through the whole guide. What are some .cia apps I need to put on my sd card before putting the bottom case back on?

I have
>freeshop
>enctitlekeysupdater (only need the .bin right?)

also, is 3ds title keys.com really as easy as it sounds?

Why are you unable to use 3DNUS?

I cant use .exe files, im on a chromebook because im a poorfag

Get ciangel, jksm, fbi if you dont have it, and ftp in case you want to transfer files for some reason

>op isn't updated
Nothing to update it with you twat

>SmileBASIC announced as primary exploit
>3DS/Wii U dev tools leaked/made easily available

hey kill yourself my man

yeah tell em about smilebasic so retards can update to 11.0 to download it and then cry afterwards

>there's isn't news to update it with
>there
>yeah but that news shouldnt be there

wat

this doesn't even work in context with that post

Just found out it's on 3dstitlekeys disregard these

>"hurr hurr there's isn't news to update it with"
>but there is
>"yeah but that news shouldnt be there"

not even him though just saying add it to see the people get fucked

>update to 11.0.0-33J
>FBI disappears

the fuck did it go?

You need to reinstall it
see pic related on how

shouldn't happen, if you finished the guide you can reinject it by holding start on boot

I cant launch homebrew either, i just get a random debug screen

Complete pleb here, I've been trying for a while to understand how this homebrew thing works
So I've got a a standard 3DS on 10.7.0-32U
Whats the best way to start getting homebrew working on this thing?
the Plailect guide seems to suggest that my only option is getting Cubic Ninja or freaky fourms
is this correct or is there something I'm missing?

that's normal it just needs to download the new payload

If i'm using Luma, do I still need to install GBA games to the sysnand as well as emunand?

cubic or freaky or pmsd or oot + powersaves any of them is required
only if you don't have a9lh

do I reinject (health&safety inject right) with hourglass9 or decrypt9?

Okay thanks. So it's just the fact that I don't need to patch AGB_Firm then

both do the same thing so it doesn't matter

been following the primary guide and i have EMU in front of the version # and every time i try to update via system update it gives an error. any advice?

remove tubehax dns or use another connection

The only method I have access for my new3ds 10.6.0-31u is the smashbroshax, do I need to setup everything again after I downgrade ?

still no MHG leak?

Well, I only had to check 4 GameStops and get a flat tire, but I finally found a 9.2 version of Smash.

use a different exploit smashhax is shit it take many many tries to even get the downgrader to launch properly people have tried more than 100 times and nothing, you can however use it to install a secondary exploit for another game like oot

"no usable file found"

I came this far and now things fuck up, what the hell

i definitely do not have DNS set up, and i'm rather limited to one connection. it wouldn't be possible that my offline wii u with DNS blocking would somehow transcendentally resonate with my N3DS, could it?

did you take fbi.app out of your sd card? should already have it made from previous steps so just use that again
only if you blocked them in your router settings would it block it on both

>cubic or freaky or pmsd or oot + powersaves any of them is required
Fug
which is the most "robust", it seem like cubic is

only cubic and freaky are primary atm

I didn't have any problem with OoT + powersaves, but good luck finding Cubic Ninja.or Freaky Forms.

well I'll try to pick up a copy of cubic tomorrow

Theres no fbi.app in the sd card, but there is fbi_inject_with_banner.app

There also hs.app and hs.enc

that's what i meant also remove hs.app from the sd fbi some times doesn't let you pick if it's in there

Okay i removed hs.app, now try to re inject again?

yep

fuck, thanks man.

Still no usable file found

do the entire process again then

The first time i injected h&s it was emunand but i only have sysnand now, would that be it? Do i have to use universal inject generator again?

Screeninit or noscreeninit

yes use it again dump it again and inject again

noscreeninit, but it doesn't really make a huge difference

thanks

Ver. 10.7.0-32U N3DS
Don't own Cubic Ninja
Fucked?

need one of the games

How can i unlink my nands without losing data in the sd card?
Im on 10.3 rx and want to update to play monster hunter online

tinyformat

>tfw i own cubic ninja

on philect part 4, OTPHelper goes to black screen half a dozen times now. Just keep trying, or something else maybe?

Sorry i've been out of the cfw news since i installed cfw on my o3ds back in january
How does tinyformat work?

okay thanks user I have FBI back now

The guide is done and it seems everythings in working order, now

>You can remove any extra files from the root of the SD card that are not in the image.

should I do this and then start adding some files I want (ex. freeshop)?

yeah

whats the best FTP?

DSTT

ftp-3ds

Don't listen to this goof. ftpd is newer.

I still get only 1 point per crystal despite being curator in Xenoblade X, has anyone else this problem?
I'm wondering if it's the game I've downloaded or not being able to play online in general.

>Look at recommended games chart
>want to download The Keep
>only version on freeshop is EU
>game isn't on 3dsiso
W H Y L I V E

It's on titlekeys. Scan this with FBI for the US version.

Have fun.

Reminder that a9lh and it's supporters are shitty people and liars

Easy my ass. not even the creator of the guide can help me fuck all of you

jaja

>follow the guide
>takes me five hours but whatever
>/hbg/ helps me out a few times so I lurk here to help out people with basic shit
>besides having to boot my 3DS without an SD card once the entire thing goes off without a hitch

I know you're baiting, user, but do people seriously struggle to follow the guide?

Whoa so 3ds.titlekeys has a QR for more games?

Can I use this the same way for DLC for games?

Also, thanks a ton user

Sure you weren't using SALT hax? Haha, get it?

I bet most of the people here talking shit don't even have it installed, and have no idea what they're doing, they're just edgy kids who want to insult everyone

I followed everything in this fucking guide perfectly, but nope Validation failed! Validation failed!

And the damn troubleshoot just says "restore and try again" even though that doesn't work. Googled and found a ton of people having this problem

So fuck you edgy piece of shit brats. Enjoy your shitty lives I'm gonna enjoy Luma because this is a piece of shit, you all are pieces of shit, and the maker of the guide and a9lh is a piece of shit

May the rest of your lives stay miserable and lonely. die