pastebin.com/MxNGbcnW

>Expansion Evaluation:
The Sims 3: a.pomf.cat/dhgjdd.pdf

>Game Cracks:
pastebin.com/WUrPaKbF

>Booru:
thesimsgeneral.booru.org/

>Gallery Tag:
#ts4vg (Enable Custom Content in left pane)

>Mods and Custom Content:
- Maxis Match for Sims 4: pastebin.com/wS3a2En9
- Sims 4 and 3: pastebin.com/TBqj7S7b
- Sims 2: pastebin.com/eYZvWXYs
- Adult CC: pastebin.com/Qr7a989F

>Challenges:
pastebin.com/6DMQPWvd

>/tsg/ Creations:
pastebin.com/sgpd6STL

>Archive/Resources:
pastebin.com/kkq3CRs

>Current OP Template Resources
Text: pastebin.com/mpLELmFc
Images: dropbox.com/sh/xfes0e760tkoojt/AACwI8al4j9fDCDCznxvCjwPa?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/147456615/
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/147341391/
youtube.com/watch?v=HsTACGVoNLw&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I had problems with TS4 and the "time warp" bug months ago, causing me to stop playing. This is the bug where the clock keeps moving forward, even if you pause it, but the characters just stand there and won't perform any action. You have to CTRL-ALT-DEL out of it.

Anyway, I started playing and had the same bug come up. At 5am game-time, in 'Open' restaurants, it would time-warp. Every single time.

I spent 3 hours trouble shooting and found the culprit - Master Commander's Population module. I am guessing the game generates Sims at 5am, and something with how MC's Population module interacts with that causes a hang.

Oh, and this only happens on hugely populated lots where there is 10+ NPCs. Like the game is creating new NPCs to deal with the increased demand.

Will the g4tw version of ts3 run better than the MR DJ repack?

3 posts and nearly dead again.

NOT ON MY WATCH

we'll keep this thread alive together user

Who else here is glad that there's an user developing a sims clone?

>developing a sims clone
please clarify

They're making a game like the Sims and they're making it in Unreal Engine, So far they've got free-form lot sizes and open world, and plan on adding terraforming. I also suggested it them that character creation have sliders for gender, age, body type and height, the age slider would also allow for linear aging instead of separate life states

So I'm trying (emphasis on trying) to introduce functional newspapers back into the game (nothing fancy, just trying to add random popup messages to the newspaper machine world objects - pic related).

Ideally the mod will have the following options:
>Read Newspaper (SimCity Chronicle or National Simquirer - each newspaper has different types of headlines, either politics/sports/current events, or paranormal/celebrity stuff)
>Find a Job (Sim opens up their phone and the job menu pops up)
>Read Obituaries (identical to the computer interaction, available if Sad)
But fuck me if it isn't ridiculously hard to implement. No matter what I do, my Sims can't interact with the object at all. It's driving me insane.

>sliders for gender,

dafuq

There would be a slider that makes your "sim" either male or female and can be used for minute adjustments in body type and such. It would also be a lot less clunky than EA's gender menu

STILL NO FUCKEN DINE OUT CRACK. IT'S MAKING ME ANGER!

Shit's crazy. I've spent the last 3 days or so deciding whether or not to just buy these goddamn packs, and trying to find a key site that isn't gonna screw me.

Sounds neat, any link I can follow to read up more on it?

No crack, no updates, no nothing on the pirate scene. There's nothing past Get Together. It's kind of hard to believe.

Either they've been beaten by Origin (ha!) or they just don't give a shit.

Check here: boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/147456615/

And here: boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/147341391/

maek angry poop

How do you make the sims 4 fun?

My bets are on a combination of both.

Marypost.

I haven't touched the game since Dine Out released.

bump

Some Mary is always nice.

>"I've been watching you masturbate - and I gotta say, you're pretty good."

scary

Adopted Asian cuckdaughter just graduated from college.

Time to become botbuilder.

>yfw robots in ts4 are built via 3d printers

I'm in love with mary

Man, I miss the old regular telescopes. WTF were they thinking when they made that ridiculous observatory shit? Why can't I just have a fucking telescope on tripod?

And the arcade machine that takes up an entire room.

Fuck, I hate how huge objects in this game are.

They care. Just not as much as they did for previous games - the ones that were good enough to have a following. I mean, just look how fast this General dies. The game has hardly any following. They'll so it eventually, but they are in no rush. They might want another few months for a few more packs.

It's not like they're getting paid or anything. If the demand isn't there, they will focus their efforts on better games.

I am not poor anymore so I actually buy them. But I stole 1, 2, and 3 and hundreds of other games when the money wasn't there.

For the people dying for Dine Out, let me tell you - from a veteran of every sims-style game from Play to Medieval to Stories to the 1/2/3/4 - It's really just filler. Owning a restaurant is basically a click-factory. You just walk around clicking "Welcome" "Check on table" "Recommend Dish" and "Praise". The construction elements are the same as always, and the diner-specific customization like Menus is really not as interesting as it sounds. There is no point in even reading the names. You assign them by price. There is no smart calculations done based on theme or anything. All that matters is price and difficulty rating (1 to 5).

Visiting restaurants feels very redundant. Like I've done it hundreds of times in other Sims games. Nothing special.

I've parsed the tuning at length, as a modder, and the mechanics behind the restaurants are ridiculously amateur. For example, the star rating of customers is based on invisible happiness buffs. When you welcome them (+1 Happy), when the deco is Beautiful (+3 Happy), if the Hostess is in a bad mood when checking in a customer (+1 Angry), if the live music is good (+2 Happy) ... the entire star-rating they give your restaurant is derived from simple Happiness buffs. The same as your character gets from listening to music, good decorations, or positive socials. It is not nearly as complex as they make it seem.

And that sums up the entire pack - not nearly as complex as they make it seem. You're not missing anything just because it's not cracked. You can definitely wait and not buy it.

Oh, and for those excited about building a restaurant, let me shatter those dreams - The only way you'll get a 5 star rating is to put the hostess station and cookers in the middle of a circle of tables. This is to minimize the travel time to the tables, and is especially important for the hostess.

I mean, feel free to put the cookers in their own room in the back the hostess station by the front door 30-steps away from the tables, but you'll never hit a consistent 5-star rating like that.

You will also need to do 2 socials with every single guest for 5 stars. Also, socials are worth 25 perk points each and required to buy perks. And perks are absolutely necessary or you will never, ever turn a profit since there are 6 that increase revenue. And keeping the tables and hostess station clustered makes for less travel time for yourself since you'll be constantly on the move doing socials.

if you design a restaurant just to be pretty and not efficient, that's up to you. But don't be surprised when you can't break 3 stars.

>basically a click-factory
That's the sims series in general m8

They made objects huge to compensate for their being less of them.

Well, at least they didn't make an expansion out of it. The only thing I'd be particularly interested on is if they make a seasons pack or a new vacation world.

As a pirate, I'm wanting the lighting update and romantic garden/the hippie stuff. It's not just Dine Out we're behind on.

As a pirate i'd like to have everything.

>tfw you keep finding fat men in dresses parading around your town when they're not supposed to be there

Norman's sister and brother in law got in a heated argument in my restaurants early days

They probably needed to have angry sex

They both come in frequently with different people. Claudes grandpas were flirting once

The entire family are always coming in. But seeing norman and all the different babes he brings in gives me joy

>But seeing norman and all the different babes he brings in gives me joy
I'm glad he's living the good life in other realities.

Norman goes psycho when?

The longer it takes for it to snow again, the more likely he will snap.

the shit you'd see firefighting

I had to delete all my mods and shit so after he started coming in he was bring a few bald naked gals. I had to fix that cause, dress code ya know?

>he fell for the delete all your mods meme

Im getting a new computer tomorrow and want to slimline shit for the move.

What did the gender update do to cc clothes and hair?

My game is pirated, but I want to know for when the cracks eventually come.

>"But booosss, these aren't free range organic eggs! And is this real milk?! Don't you know I'm lactose intolerate? I only drink sugar free lightly sweetened gluten free soy milk! OMG! You did not just open a bag of peanuts, do you know how allergic I am to peanuts?! They could literally kill me!"
>"... this is the last time I hire a goddamn Millennial."

post waifus

>only millenials have allergies

wut

dead thread
dead franchise

I'm sure S4S will have a batch fix to fix the tables, beds, and CaS cc before we get the crack.

>want to play ts3 again
>remember all the lag

>he fell for the delete all your mods meme

Yeah, k, as a modder, this really isn't a meme. When Dine Out came out, the first mod I made was for "Welcome" and "Check on Table" and "Recommend Dish" to all be top priority so I wouldn't have to be a click-slave, and a week later, a patch broke it. The next week, my mod that locks employee satisfaction to "Very Satisfied" so I didn't have to keep sucking their dicks to keep them in a good mood - that broke, too.

When a game is patching every week (some bigger patches than others), mods are constantly breaking. And you're depending on independent modders to keep them up to date. These aren't software companies. And I've had at least 10 normal, non-scripting mods cause game breaking bugs and corrupted saves. This absolutely happens.

It's not hard to learn how to mod. Most mods are only 1 or 2 resources, which can easily be compared to the latest patch when it comes out to see if anything has changed. You just export them in Sims 4 Studio and use DiffCompare or some other online tool to compare the mod XML and the game XML. It'll save you from destroying a 200+hour game save.

The occurrence of allergies has skyrocketed in the last 30 years. Particularly the peanut one. I went to school in the 70's, I'd never heard a damn peanut allergy. We didn't have schools banning peanut butter sandwiches - that didn't happen until the 2000s.

Millennials definitely have some deal with allergies that other generations do not.

That's because the newer generation is the most sterilized and cuddled up ever. Sterilized diapers instead of simple cloth ones, high temperature dishwashers, mothers that thrice-boil baby bottles, don't let their kids cavort in the mud, and shit like that. The poor bastards are never given the chance to develop a proper immune system.

This is my waffle house that uses that same concept. The tables in the shot are the only ones in the restaurant. I've never filled them up so no need for more. The hostess never has to walk more than 5 paces away from the stand so there's just about zero wait time, and the 3 servers spend 90% of the time watching TV in the back room. I should really fire one or two.

Bumpity

Benis!

The restaurant name alone deserves 5 stars.

B u m p

bit of false advertising, really. There are no waffles on the menu. Pancakes, French Toast, Eggs are there. But no waffles. Because EA.

On the bright side, there are certainly plenty of tits.

>page 10

live entertainment?

>no waffles
>plenty of public woohoos

Decided to make my loner/hates the outdoors sim become an author at an user's recommendation.

I didn't actually know you could write books while a child.

dine out is shitty and broken. don't get so hyped over it.

if you want a better, cheaper restaurant experience in the sims, play TS2.

I miss the floating heads

That can't be sanitary,,,

So I come back from checking up on this kid's mum and he's standing in the sink

Fucking snow days are the bane of my life.

This kid will age up in 2 days but he has only been to school once so his grade stayed a C and he will get a shitty trait.

Oh well, he's already on his fourth novel so who needs school.

Imagine you are in a room. All of the outer walls are decorated with baseball robot pitching machines that look suspiciously like kitchen appliances, throwing baseballs with pictures of the red boxes on them. In the middle of the room is a 4' square pedestal with 2 red shoeboxes separated by a wall you can't reach around. Around you is 20 of your neighbors, all chatting each other up. In the background, you can hear someone playing a piano. You own this room and pay the staff to maintain it, the catering to feed the crowd, and the utilities to keep the lights on.

Your goal is to remove both boxes simultaneously to win $1,000,000. Only no one will help you by moving the second box because they're determined to chat/flirt/dance instead (and keep trying to suck you into it, no less) all while being smacked with projectile imagery of the boxes as a reminder. The pitching machines are just tossing balls all over the place and don't actually do anything useful and they have no chance at hitting the boxes - only people.

You are perpetually stuck in this social gathering of a black hole where everyone is stupidly oblivious to the role they are supposed to play even though you tell them again while baseballs are flying all over, and again, and again and it SO SIMPLE but they just WON'T STOP TALKING. Every day you are paying a fortune to keep these people in perpetual conversation, while only recovering the costs via whatever change they drop on the floor when they stand up and sit down every 5 minutes.

This is Dine-Out.

I hope there's a movie adaption, kek

Jesus Christ how horrifying

>$200,000 restaurant, +3 Beautiful buff on every square
>capacity for 60 patrons, never had more than 8 seated at the same time
>2 servers, 2 chefs, 1 hostess, all 10/10 maxed skills
>max-difficulty meals, top quality ingredients, 300% markup
>hired skill-10 pianist and skill-10 mixologist
>5 star rating
>every guest welcomed, table-checked,meals recommended
>all perks to increase revenue and speed
>bust my ass for the lunch and dinner shifts, 11am to 11pm.

>make between $1,600-$2,800 a day
>wife makes $3,100 as a Celebrity Chef autonomously without me clicky a thing.

I need a raise. Like, at least 400% to justify the investment and effort

>10 customers
>4100 dollars spent

I would agree if it was actually possible to turn a profit from a restaurant in TS2.

>12 hour shift
>10 customers
How

That's how many sat down. On any given day, I have 30-40 people walk through my diner. I never get more than 14 or so seated. It's not that they get frustrated with the wait and leave. They just want to fuck around talking to everyone and never make it to the hostess station. They will have a "3" over their head showing they're active customers, but they never go to the hostess to be seated. Because they have zero focus.

This all stems from the terrible autonomy in Sims 4. They do the stupidest shit when left to their own devices. Modders have yet to identify how to make 1 autonomous task take priority over another every time because it's so messed up.

Something's got to give!

I think it's hilarious you sometimes see this image on serious discussions where people honestly believe it. I once saw this in printed out on a poster during a remembrance day at uni and had to force myself not to burst with laughter right then and there.

ONE, nothing wrong with me.

About to commit sudoku
I've been trying to get my male sim pregnant to continue legacy challenge but he never conceives when he gets abducted. It's been like 5 hrs. Before you could get preggo in your first abduction but bitches complained that it happened too often, now EA changed the rate to like 5% what kind bs is that

Master Commander, Occult Module. It will let you toggle how aften abductions happen and the pregnancy percentage. As a last resort if you lose patience, you can run that just to get your sim knocked up then delete it.

Fuck me, I have MC and didn't realize there was an occult module.

Don't feel bad. Just yesterday I realized there was a Woohoo module. It's mentioned at the very bottom of the ModTheSims page as the last module, then tells you to go to their adult content site to get it. It has lots of cool options like adult/teen romance and nude woohoos/spa massages/etc.

bump

>get new lappy
>forget to bring old one to transfer files and sims to
Well no fancy super awesome graphics sims tonight

You don't have an external?

Tamara and Cyclon3 are my favorite OTP

I was on YouTube just now and came across this (pic related). Gave me chuckle. I guess it counts as Sims-related.

From here:
youtube.com/watch?v=HsTACGVoNLw&feature=youtu.be

I'll take any chance I can get to bump TSG.

Any good sites for clothes that actually look like they belong on the sims (none of that shiny shit)? I always dress my sims up the same after a few generations..