/pgg/ - Pokemon Go General

Servers Are Down Edition

>About the game
pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

>What is it?
Pokemon Go can be described simply as the Geocaching of Pokemon. Grab your smartphone, get some exercise, catch some mons, battle some people - the usual Pokemon gig.

>Some questions answered
pastebin.com/YP458esi (embed)
Feel free to add more.

Basic info:
As you traverse the real world, as represented on the in-game map, you'll occasionally run into tufts of rustling grass. Approaching these will end with a Pokémon appearing on the map, and clicking on it will initiate a battle.

Battles aren't between two Pokémon, though. They're between a Pokémon and your ability to swipe a Poké Ball in their direction. When you engage a Poké Ball, a colored ring will appear around the opponent. These change in size after each capture attempt. Throwing a Ball during a smaller window seems to be more effective, based on our time with the game, but that's a part we're still trying to figure out.
Going near water will attract water Pokémon. Playing at night brings out more nocturnal creatures, like Clefairy and Gastly.
Hatching Eggs: Each Egg displays the number of kilometers you must walk for the Egg to hatch. In general, the more kilometers required, the rarer the Pokémon that will hatch. A notification will appear when the Egg has hatched.
Make sure you have the Pokémon GO app open while you walk. Kilometers walked when the Pokémon GO app is closed won’t count toward hatching your Eggs.
Gyms: Fight at your team's gym to train and increase it's reputation. Fight at other team's to decrease their reputation. Tap your opponent to hit them, swipe left or right to dodge attacks, once one or more blue bars are filled, tap and hold to power up your secondary attack, release when the smaller blue bar fills up. Take over other teams' gyms and put your mons in to defend them.

Old Thread:

I just ran into a group of teens tagging a local electricity center/box/whatever with spray cans AND camping the two nearby pokestops. The world has truly changed since I was a kid.

Servers are up for me

first for INSTINCT

If you didn't start day 1 and you don't live or work in a city, you're fucked.

>Saw a place in London that had no gym leaders
>Head there to catch the point
>Under construction
>Ask guard to put a pokemon in the gym
>He does it
>THE COMPLETE MADMAN

so now i have a personall gym no one can get to unless they jump a huge wall or are a construction worker playing GO!

Is it going to stay Free2Play forever, or is this trial period?
Are they going to add more pokes eventually?

2nd for getting useless

>Went to sleep yesterday at 9pm
>Wake up at 8am
>My gym was taken by a girl and a guy
>The guy was level 6 yesterday when I checked his gym

WHAT
He mustve played it all night or something for him to catch up, and the girl is level 7

Fuck

Pretty nice on that Lapras, how much have you leveled it now? (Wasn't it like 1300 last time you post a screenshot)

server dead? world is just blank for me

>Being a higher trainer level makes stardust harder to get
Thanks Niantic you really are good at making games you nailed it.

wait what? I thought it was always 100 stardust per capture and +500 for a new capture?

Yeah it was 1300 last time. Pumped it up to max seeing as I have no use for Lapras candy otherwise, I'm level 17 now. It hatched at 900ish.

It wouldn't be a grindathon otherwise.

It'll be F2P with IAP. Likely will never see niantic mention anything about adding more pokes, but that's also a bit of a double edged sword with more pokes in the current system.

can't wait till it gets late in the night so i can raid a couple of gyms

Which means as you have less new pokemon to catch you get less stacks of stardust and as pokemon require more pokeballs to catch due to high CP it takes longer to farm.

5000 a day from 10 gyms is nowhere near enough at that stage.

Look how tiny my motherfucking Pidgeotto is. Fucking look at this shit. Literally under 1/20th the weight of one not even classified as large.

>Fucking Fearow out of nowhere but battery is low
>fuck it try go for it
>server is down

JUST

No it doesn't. It makes it way easier as you get a 5k stardust defender bonus every day if you have 10 pokemon in gyms.

Post your current distance.

Also post if you did it biking or walking/jogging.

Most of mine is walking, but I did also jog about 3-5km when I was trying to hatch a 10km egg. No bike shenanigans.

>5k is enough
t. someone who doesn't have ten pokemon in gyms

This is mine
Tiny as fuck

So small I didn't even notice it was no longer attached

What a load of shit. You get higher level pokeballs as you level up to catch the higher CP pokemon. Commons such as pidgey and ratatta can still be caught with basic pokeballs even at high CP, and you still come across a bunch of low CP pokemon. Stop talking shit.

How do you keep 10 in gyms? There's only like three gyms in walking distance by me.

Pretty neat, at this rate I think we'll definitely see someone break 2k CP by the end of the week. Heck if Japan wasn't region locked we'd probably see some fanatic already there.

How P2W is this game? Is it fun at all?

Their dodge speed better be out of this world.

see and eat shit. Don't blame me that you suck and swiping a fucking screen. It's easy as hell, why are you moaning?

There is no real pvp, so its not p2w

You literally go out and fuck shit up.

Only walking.
Need better shoes if I'm going to keep doing this.

It's still a meter tall it just weighs nothing. Stupid crab

I work in the city. There's gyms everywhere. You can put more than 10 in gyms but you only get the bonus for 10. It's better to put as many in gyms as possible in case some get knocked out.

A bit, it's fun as fuck though also just don't be poor user

It's not really P2W since there's no real win objective. The collecting is there, the battling is there, it's all so simple that you can't really fail at it completely.

But whether it's fun or not is another question. It's mindless, and it can be fun, but it can also just be...well, mindless. The novelty is there. Nostalgia might make it better. If you're looking for an excuse to exercise this can be it. But you'd have to try it to see if it's fun. Just don't go in expecting a traditional pokemon game.

Can l view the pokemons with the camera if l don't have a gyroscope?

About 3-4km is by biking the rest walking. I missed a bunch yesterday because of the downtime and couldn't go out at all day 2 because of rain.

>mspaint lel
discarded

So how does the gym rewards work? Whenever your shield is up you take as many gyms as possible and press it?

>how ptw?
On a scale of 1-10, 1 being cosmetics only, 10 being literally impossible to beat whales, about a 6-7, considerable advantage from unlimited incense and lures, but still possible to beat out others.

>Is it fun?
If you live in an area where you can get cool pokemon,and also can farm a couple of pokestops, very. If you live in an area with only pidgeys and ratatas, shit is boring. No way to know until you play though.

Has anyone figured out what the different colours on the map means?

How do I get multiple pokemon in my gym?

>Blue team took my gym earlier
>2 people had 1 pokemon each
>Take the gym back
>Can only put 1 pokemon in it

How long before all gyms are overtaken by turbo autists? How long before the grind is too much? How long before it gets stale?
I'm enjoying it a lot atm but I'm jaded

Because their gym rank was higher than yours. This is partly based on how much they've trained their gym prestige wise by attacking each other, and partly based on their trainer rank. Not sure about thresholds yet.

>go out cuz poke go
>walk on sidewalk
>3 girls from other side
>fug attempt to look good
>left leg steps into a hole
>lose my posture but held my phone pretty well
>they giggles and walks away
>it's ok I still got poke go
>server is down

retard

Not long, the grind is already starting to get to me. Doesn't help that I have to walk and drive around to do it.

Shit. So I shouldnt have put a high level pidgeot in there, oh well

It's less autists and more groups of people who are usually normies that do it together, same as ingress. I know this because my sister is one of them. She's one of the 'top' ingress players in New Zealand. She was in the pokemon go beta for months.

Rate me

Probably within the opening month.
Probably within the opening month.
Dependent on how hard you're willing to grind.

>in New Zealand
who cares

How fucked am I?

do you use your real name as nickname in the game?

The main field test wasn't in Australia, it was in New Zealand. Your "Who cares" should be directed at the fact that she's one of the top ingress players.

i've got a couchstop, basically I can farm every 5 minutes while at my desk. I was thinking of making like a swipe bot with and arduino. what yall recommend.

Better get fucking good at throwing those pokeballs.

My feet and back hurt. I'm too old for this.

are you on a road trip too user

Has anyone successfully spoofed location. I have a non rooted andriod, the spoofing apps 'work' but feed a fake set of co-ords which pkmngo picks up on. whats the protocol here?

>NZ wants to be one of the big boys
KEK
E_E
KEK

Well you've got pokemon nearby and some exp evidently, so I guess get used to collector's life, or travel around and hope there are portal points.

Well this is Ingress v2 so I suppose they'll just find it more relaxing.

You're not allowed because Nintendo.

Nope, this is where I live. 10km long road with farmhouses (Netherlands).

What's the blue circles behind some of the mons?

pray to god to see any pokestops for free pokeballs.

pokestop restarts 5 minutes after spinning the coin on pokestop, so more pokeballs.

>Collect eggs
>incubate
>walk to end of your road and back
>profit

Recently caught.

I'm guessing the app has enough permissions to see if you're trying to spoof.

I tried android emulators but only got as far as "failed to recognize location" or something like that not the GPS error.

I don't mind going outside to play but it would be nice to be able to keep the nearby gyms from my home and there's a couple stops I simply don't dare go to since they're in weird places.

Taking my son to the aquarium tomorrow. This niggers gonna get 100 friends. I hope

Forgot pic

Deleted my highest level pidgeot cause I was deleting pidgeys on autopilot to get more candy for my pidgeot

F

HIS NAME WAS PIDGEOT

Happened to me as well it had over 1000 CP but I have another one which is 800CP anyways so I guess I'll live, kinda sucks that I have to grind for candy and stardust again though

F

Now you can restart the grind I guess?

>almost all gyms are already red
>finally one gets taken over by a yellow one
>pretty low cp, can take it easily
>its bugged, stuck at 1hp
>go home
>someone else from red took it in the meantime

WHY CANT I GET GYM BATTLES TO WORK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Can you use Gps mock location in pokemon go?

h-how am I doing fampai.. level 6, 5.48 km walked

Get on my level scrubs

Carry on my wayward son

Weak ass bitch pokemon

>imgur filename

>Pokemon that do under 10 damage unironically exist
Thanks, I guess gym fodder is gym fodder so I can't complain too much.

fatass detected.

For level 6, pretty good actually. You're already defending 3 gyms. Does Venomoth have psychic moves?

Is it worth just catching every mon, keeping the highest cp of each, transferring the dupes, popping a double xp egg then evolving as many as you can?

I don't get the CP spread in this. You can't tell how good a poke will be unless they're min/min or max/max

Catch all mons
Release the shit ones
More mons = more candy = more exp = more levels = higher mons in the wild

If you can keep a steady supply of pokeballs sure?
The CP spread is random. The moves gained are somewhat random. The evolution changes are random. Good luck.

>more candy = more xp
?

How do I get a location spoofer to work on a non rooted android?

Yes, catch everything, keep the highest CP one and transfer the rest. You want all the candy and stardust you can get. Except Zubats. Fuck Zubats. They're only there to waste your pokeballs on.

It's fine to keep high level dupes too to defend gyms. Don't put your strongest pokemon in gyms, use them to train and battle gyms instead, and put a still pretty high level one in the gym.

When's the best time to start using stardust? I'm only level 6 with 5300 now, but I'm scared to blow it all and regret it. I have a 203 CP Pidgeot I could start dumping into.

Why are bikes so fucking expensive in this game? They cost like 300$

Catch mon
You get candy for releasing it
YOu also get the 100exp for catching it

evolves bro.
also, catching a pokemon will give 3 candy so you get 4 candy from all the shitty pokemon.