Pokemon Go General /pgg/

Based mushroom edition

>About the game
pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

>What is it?
Pokemon Go can be described simply as the Geocaching of Pokemon. Grab your smartphone, get some exercise, catch some mons, battle some people - the usual Pokemon gig.

>Some questions answered
pastebin.com/YP458esi (embed)
Feel free to add more.

Basic info:
As you traverse the real world, as represented on the in-game map, you'll occasionally run into tufts of rustling grass. Approaching these will end with a Pokémon appearing on the map, and clicking on it will initiate a battle.

Battles aren't between two Pokémon, though. They're between a Pokémon and your ability to swipe a Poké Ball in their direction. When you engage a Poké Ball, a colored ring will appear around the opponent. These change in size after each capture attempt. Throwing a Ball during a smaller window seems to be more effective, based on our time with the game, but that's a part we're still trying to figure out.
Going near water will attract water Pokémon. Playing at night brings out more nocturnal creatures, like Clefairy and Gastly.
Hatching Eggs: Each Egg displays the number of kilometers you must walk for the Egg to hatch. In general, the more kilometers required, the rarer the Pokémon that will hatch. A notification will appear when the Egg has hatched.
Make sure you have the Pokémon GO app open while you walk. Kilometers walked when the Pokémon GO app is closed won’t count toward hatching your Eggs.
Gyms: Fight at your team's gym to train and increase it's reputation. Fight at other team's to decrease their reputation. Tap your opponent to hit them, swipe left or right to dodge attacks, once one or more blue bars are filled, tap and hold to power up your secondary attack, release when the smaller blue bar fills up. Take over other teams' gyms and put your mons in to defend them.

Other urls found in this thread:

support.ingress.com/hc/en-us/articles/207343987-Candidate-Portal-criteria
reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4cfy3h/field_test_what_we_know_so_far/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bulbasaur

Ivysaur

Dang dude, you can see if a gym is under attack

I have a 111CP Eevee and a 13CP Eevee

What do these numbers mean?

Also how do I get more pokeballs

>out of pokeballs
>No stops nearby
See you guys for Sun Moon I guess

>sit indoors on my fat ass, browsing Veeky Forums
>suddenly Ghastly appears
Neat.

Isn't this already in the pastebin?
CP is the equivalent of level and doesn't affect much except HP and maybe some other things.
Pokespot for pokeballs, or just level up, or buy them.

>tfw you use the new thread to fix your mistake

Anyone?

Why are the Gyms always fucking churches?

Some fucking priest came over and started preaching to me, damnit. I never asked for this.

I found a Kabuto, is that pretty rare?

How do I get more candies to evolve it? Is it only by finding more of them? My starter is total crap too because I don't have any Charmander candy.

Anyone else using an RC car to farm eggs?

CP means Combat Power.

More CP means stronger monsters.

>family is leaving to go to a party or some shit

Should I go out after then and check out the Pokestop? I haven't used one yet, what are they like?

I just dont think this semen slurping game is for me guys

So I should release the lower CP Eevee and keep the higher one?

Can't see landmarks, send help

Because literally this: support.ingress.com/hc/en-us/articles/207343987-Candidate-Portal-criteria

>PUBLIC PLACES OF WORSHIP A nod to the other worldly, which is integral to the story of Ingress

And yes, before you get any ideas of downloading Ingress to make submissions:

>As of September 2, 2015, we will be temporarily suspending new Portal submissions for a period of time

Shh, don't tell anyone.

Spin the coin and you get free shit

Holy fuck, just go fucking outside you cavedwelling fuck.

Just go to a Pokestop, spin the wheel and loot your 3-5 items. Mostly pokeballs.

So what's the process on the shops? I went to several and there were no items that I could pickup

Can you? What changes aside from the pokemon being slowly defeated?

Yes.

Though with Evee it might help to keep multiples so you can do the different Eeveelutions, as soon as someone figures out how those work.

>Just go to a Pokestop, spin the wheel and loot your 3-5 items. Mostly pokeballs.

Is that all it is? I assumed there was more to it.

The weather is shit I was just wondering if it ws worth the 5 minute walk, apparently it isn't so fuck you.

So, how does the game determine pokestops? Is it just google maps? I want to plan my trip so I can find a good area.

They're the same as the ingress ones

how do I find rare Pokemon? all I'm getting is shitty goldeen and poliwags

There's battle effects like explosions and shit

I was walking past one of my gyms when I noticed it, went to go take a peek and some hipster couple was trying to take it over

And how do those work?

>sitting at home
>phone next to me with game open
>vibrates
>pokemon walked into my radius
>go to tap on it
>character walks away from it as i tap, causing the pokemon to disappear.
this has happened 5 times now

I feel like explaining to people that PoGo is literally Ingress reskinned needs to be in the pastebin or something. "How find pokestop/gym" seems to be one of the most pressing questions people have.

It's better if you assume things are simple in this game, because chances are, they're even simpler than you think.

I never played that but there's a map somewhere that shows all the stops. Check the pastebin maybe

Oh awesome, I might've seen a gym battle an hour before I headed to bed last night then. Since it was a few blocks away I thought it was just my imagination

Submissions
TL;dr 0 logic

People submit them manually. See

People take a pic of a place and upload it, after a million months they either aprove or deny it.

They may not be accepting new ones anymore, this was more than a year ago.

Tried to get my local chippy as one, got rejected after 8 months :'(

>Sitting at home
>charging my phone and waiting to go outside and grab some gyms/pokestops
>Running low on pokeballs, only 5 left
>Been catching a bunch of pidgey's and Rattata's
>all of the sudden this fat fuck shows up
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'm at work but.....I just want to walk over the street....it looks like fun over there...

Hey dude, did you just post where you live on Veeky Forums?

Kanker :DDDDD

Hope you got some greatballs for that famalam

All submissions have been frozen since last September, and are not being processed chronologically, but rather "at Niantic's discretion" because Niantic decided they wanted to focus on "rural regions".

Niantic said they processed about 24 million points or something. Most people still have portal reqs. backlogged by a year to two years. So yeah, it's a pretty big wait list.

When can I join a team. I hit level 5, but i havnt been to a pokestop yet

What is the cooldown on Pokestops? I assume you can't just spin the sign forever.

>implying you can work out where that is

If you can you deserve everything in that mans house.

The smaller the circle, the higher xp bonus you get, Nice, Great, Excellent.

>tfw absolutely fuck all nearby

Should I go out and get that Jigglypuff?

Bro go catch that jynx

Just click on any gym you see. Don't even need to be near it

It's like 4-5 minutes

5 Minutes.

Level 5. Go hit a Gym, not a pokestop.

Just drive to the nearest university, maybe you'll even make some friends

If you get he circle at its LARGEST point you will get a "fantastic" which is +100 EXP.

Where are gyms normally? I dont see any right now.

reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4cfy3h/field_test_what_we_know_so_far/

Can't be arsed to paste it all here and pretend I found this elsewhere.

Note that this post is 3 months old, but still holds some important information.

i used my incense but i only found like 3 pokemen... wth!!

Tap it, swipe over the picture circle to spin it, stuff drops out. Only eggs & balls at first, more as you level (potions, revives, berries...).

NIDOKING B O Y S

Run it down

i belive it's the opposite, I've had much more luck catching them when hitting them at the largest circle.

GO GET IT FAGET

>walk to the museum
>find a Clefable in the car park
>catch it
>look up
>guy giving me weird looks because I'm pointing my phone towards someone's car

>catch it with my last ball
>Mud shot
>X- sciccors
Could be worse i guess. Kinda hoped it had a water attack so i could deal with an aerodactyl.

Do flying types have immunity to ground attacks in this game?

I found a Kabuto. I'm pretty happy about that, but how do I get more Kabuto candy? Do I just have to catch craploads if I want to train it and evolve it into Kabutops?

Grab that gatorade and start running fuckboy

Were you walking around?

isn't that a Rhydon and not a nidoking?

Check the Ingress intel map or just walk around

turn vr off man

Rhydon stands on all four legs.

no its raining outside

That's Rhydon man

Pic

You mean Rhyhorn stands on all four legs?

Does hatching an egg give you shit tons of candy? I just hatched a Seel, and it was my first one, and now I already have 15 Seel candy.

>vr
It's called AR, Augmented Reality, you fucking mongoloid.

IT WENT

AHHHHHHH

is tackle better than quick attack?
one has higher BP but idk if "speed" is a thing in this game.

Yes it does. 5-20 i believe

>plays a pokemon game
>doesn't even know the first 150

cmon bro

Got my GPS spoof working.

Sitting at home leeching off the pokestop down the road.

Tackle is subjectively better.
speed is just how fast you can tap.

Higher attack power = better.
Types do still play a role.

So what is the best way to spend coins?

can u stream pls

Enjoy your ban

>Servers actually working

>Spot Magnemite right outside my apartment with 1 footprint
>Run towards it
>Two footprints
>Maybe I should go the other direction
>Three footprints
>Gone

When entering a Gym, if another player from your team enters at the same time, the two players will fight the Pokemon together. This makes it much easier to stay in control of the battle and win Gyms without going through your whole lineup of fighters.

>in battle, tapping will do the top 'regular' attack
>this will charge the bottom attack
>when charged, hold down a sec to use the special
>more then 1 block charged just mean you can use it more than once, not more power

Locations of stops & gyms are based on Niantics previous game, Ingress. You can't add any new locations.

Pokemon of the same species have the same stats at a certain cp level. There might be a slight difference between xs/normal/xl, not yet confirmed.

Movesets change between evolutions, so it's better to evolve one before pumping in dust, which is the hardest to collect.

If you have a pokemon in a gym (don't need to be leader) you can collect coins and dust every 21 hours, by tapping on the topright button in the shop. 10 coins 500 dust per gym you have a pokemon in, with a maximum of 100/5000 (you can own more but they are just a buffer for if you lose one).

Eggs won't count steps if you move over ~30kph (20mph). Higher km eggs can hatch more rare pokemon, but also any from lower eggs (my first 10km egg just hatched into eevee).

why? its not interesting

Is it normal for this game to not be able to detect my location but still have a very accurate depiction of my local surroundings? Is it normal to walk around an entire neighborhood and not see a single pokemon? Man, I'm sure glad I downloaded Pokemon Walking Simulator today.

Caught another Magikarp!

O-only 98 to go

anyone got the copypasta of the Cage the Elephants song for the servers

Let me know how long it took to get banned.

Can you spoof yourself walking long distances to hatch eggs?

its not a simulator if you were actually walking around

Yeh, you can spoof a walk speed (km/h) and distance

I havent tried it yet

I doubt ill get banned, i spoofed it down the road so i dont have to move, im not travelling across the city like a madman
people still cheat in ingress

>you know, there ain't no rest for the servers
>bandwidth don't grow on trees
>too many cucks playin'
>instead of waitin'
>for the game's official release
>you know they cant slow down
>they cant hold back
>although everyone wishes they could
>oh, there ain't no rest for the servers
>until they shut it down for good

NO IT DIDN'T

WE DID IT LADS

>been playing ingress for half a year, got bored with stale gameplay
>pokemon go is even shallower, almost nothing to don and doesn't even have ingress cooperation to salvage it
I can only hope nintendo will force niantic to do something, knowing those fuckers, they would add like a one feature a year and it's gonna be a half-decent game when everyone has left already.

Is it one that simulates walking?

If yes, which one

If no, kek

>tfw so close to being able to hit a pokestop from my couch