>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/143173429/#q143189583
m.youtube.com/watch?v=r4O6ttzNxBg
youtube.com/watch?v=vA5oy41mpsY
youtube.com/watch?v=qqkZ1XToI0s&feature=youtu.be&t=277
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My favorite part of Dark Souls 3 is how straight swords and curved swords outrange spears, what's yours?

Oh boy, just realized I dun goofed.

To get Duel Bow on NG+ on my platinum character I'm gonna have to level up with Yoel again. But I'm already at 120. Fuck.

Mine is how latency allows me to tag people for full damage with Vestiges even when I shouldn't have.

>The only people that want exclusives gone are PC peasants, because it will just let them pirate the games more easily.
fuck you caught me

125 is the meta anyway, you're fine.

To the guy who wanted the salt. I think this is the thread

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/143173429/#q143189583

>fighting someone
>they roll away
>misstime my rollcatch and swing too late
>they're already safely out of range
>my weapon swings where they were at the start of their roll, almost a full second ago
>blood spurts and a spark flashes in the empty spot of air they occupied a second ago
>they get staggered and take damage

At first I thought this was just netcode, but I've since realized that people leave a hittable shadow wherever the started a roll that lasts longer than their iframes. You can actually aim to hit where someone WAS about a second ago to catch it.

>14 PoCKs left to farm

I want the suffering to end.

>tfw no scraping spear

you could do this in DaS2
you could even backstab people with it

We had
m.youtube.com/watch?v=r4O6ttzNxBg

>tfw understanding how good fast roll is
>tfw finally have to throw a few points into vit to keep rolling with a good weapon setup and positive absorption
>mfw shitters are whining about the lack of clear roll breakpoints when going back from 30 to 70 rolls feels almost as horrible as going from ds1 fastroll to midroll

Is the Throne of Want from Dark Souls 2 any of the thrones present in DS3?

Shorter rolls are better rolls.

I'm so used to the extra distance you get on a fastroll that going back to midrolling throws me off significantly. It's not a good thing; I'd prefer to be proficient with both.

play the game and find out

yeah, the giant's one, i thought that was obvious

the throne of want was the throne of the giants in DS2 with smaller throne carved into it, right?

95% of ds2 lore is never mentioned in ds3 thankfully
thrones included

We need a deleveling NPC or enemy.

there are barely any uses for fast rolls on melee chars though.

Its a MUST on a sorc however.

No, you could backstab people out of rolls because backstabs actually had a lot of forward range and a big, fat hitbox, which is why stickystabs worked.

In 3 there's literally a second, hittable hitbox of another player that's hovering invisibly behind them and that you can consistently hit.

No.
The DaS2 throne had a human-sized seat carved into it. The closest one in design is Lothric's throne, but it lacks a few key features.

Presumably, each Lord gets their own throne

Never used faith in any game. Is WotG physical ir magic damage?

>turtle
>1hr1
>1hr1
>1hr2
>70% of your HP gone with an infinite range straight sword speed combo
how do i fight this shit

The R2 is a rollcatch that only works against idiots. Stop panic rolling.

>Grand Archive Key now drops from Dragonslayer Armour
>But now you need to summon Gotthard for a boss fight and have him alive at the end for the Twinswords, much like Cuculus.
Sounds like a good idea?

>how the fuck is there no Souls anime?
youtube.com/watch?v=vA5oy41mpsY

No.
Just don't lock the Archives at all. Have Gotthard's appear there with his weapon after the eclipse, but just let people open Archives by reaching it.

Dragonslayer Armour already serves as the perfect twinkwall. He's immune to status effects, can't be parried, is basically uncheesable and a challenging but fair straightforward combat boss. If you kill him on a twink, you deserve access to the Archive's goodies.

Is there a list of unparryable weapons/moves

>Want DeS remake just to revitalize the PvP
>If it got remade, they'd probably remove all the glitches
>No more cracked ToB
>No more toggle escape or quickstand
>No more dead angle
>No more pivot casting, fizzling, or fizzle-casting
>No more instant sprints or reverse rolling
>No more item/spell parries
>No more perfect blocks
>No more backstab blocking

Even in my wildest fantasies, the world still isn't fair.

What's the story behind Gotthard anyway?

>500 co-op defense kills required to get a co-op miracle in DaS2
What the fuck is wrong with From Software?

2h ultra weapons attack R1+R2 can't be parried
whips can't be parried
all rolling and running attacks can be parried (except astora GS roll/whips)
jumping attacks cant be parried

most weapon arts can be parried, I think the spinny ones on curved swords are unparriable (??)

if you wanna be unparriable use an ultra weapon, right now astora gs is very good since the rolling attack is bugged and cant be parried

>they remove Thomas glitch
>pure bladestone remains just as rare

He's one of the Black Hands, elite hunter/assassins that serve the royal family directly. Gotthard was dispatched to help you complete your lordseeking duty and returns afterwards to find that the High Priestess and Prince have turned against one another. Presumably, he's killed attempting to reach the Prince, though by which side is not clear.

We will get PS3 emulator at some point and setup a netplay.

I think he's one of the Black Hands that deserted, Kamui is the one who stayed behind.
He probably passed away before he could finish his unfinished business at Lothric Castle, since he died before the Archives is possible that he tried to fight his former comrades (the gank squad). Daughter of Kriemlind and the Lion Knight are both loyal to the royalty, which is why Albert's sign disappears when you kill the High Priestess, and the Daughter invades you in the Untended Graves, you're trespassing a forbidden area and killed the king.

>Gotthard was dispatched to help you complete your lordseeking duty
so the Princes dispatched Gotthard to help the AO find his way to them and murder them? Unlikely

did anyone ever figure out how that glitch works

Where would the third one be? DLC?

>the DaS2 had a human sized seat carved into it
Probably made so for Vendrick.
Considering the Giants literally invaded to get it back, I think that they might've refitted it.

I think that the Thrones are how the followers of the Way of White and Jew Serpents are getting goyim to continuously link the fire in lands that don't have access to the Kiln of the First Flame. Meanwhile the Abyss people are having none of that and are sending pussy to Kayingz who are in possession of said thrones to prevent people from linking the fire(as we see with Nashandra). The Abyss Serpent Kaathe in DS3 is for some reason sending his goons out to kill the Abyss Watchers (which makes me really think he's going to be in the DLC).

But then again, wouldn't killing the Abyss Watchers help them return them to their thrones faster?

What was the lone Darkwraith even doing in Lothric High Wall? Was he there to assassinate Prince Lothric?

You can't add stone to a sculpture, you dork.
Once something has been carved in, it can't be reversed, you can't add back to stone that's been hewn off.

yeah you just cut more out, make the seat big and wide again

He was likely dispatched by Emma, and killed for siding with her.

It's possible, maybe even alongside the other two Sable Maidens, companions of Yuria.

I thought the Black Hands served the ruling family, not the high priestess

Starting a Deprived in DaS2, other than the Great Soul Arrow in FoFG, are there any easy spells you can grab before bosses?

Dickwraiths don't need to be loyal to Kaathe forever. I assume the high wall one simply invaded around but was caught.

Also, the Watchers cinders need to be taken to firelink, they could kill them and take the cinders away.

He has his summon sign down near the Abyss Watchers.

Also, DS3 has the most badass Crestbro since you can summon him and he kicks ass.

>inb4 scrub
I didn't summon him for the boss but to clear out the Pus of Mans.

Hawkwood is one of the worse summons. The only ones worth shit are Orbeck, Gotthard and the parry god

>quickstand

What's that? Never heard about it.

>using spears
literally why?
what do spears do that halberds or something else don't do better?

Hence his untimely demise.
Gotthard is described as being a former knight, who was promoted to the rank of Black Hand for his swordmanship. The Knights serve the High Priestess, and the High Priestess also served as the Prince's Wet Nurse and, likely, regent while the King was indisposed, Queen MIA and Prince too busy being crippled and gay to succeed. In other words, Gotthard was Black Hand in name only and in reality was not loyal to the royal family - no surprise considering the King's state of mind. Kamui stands guard top the archives, but Gotthard was murdered at their entrance, likely while attempting to complete his lordseeking duty.

the only thing I'd want to be fixed is running firestorm

So why exactly do those guys get their own thrones? Like, who built them exactly?

running pokes

>This game seriously has a "hit the glowing body part" boss
come on From, you're better than this

>do coop at NK
>get summoned by host who already has one phantom
>get ready to go through the fog
>suddenly the sorcerer invader I wasn't aware of shows up behind us
>instead that the host GOES THROUGH THE FUCKING FOG GATE he walks to the invader like a rabbit running into a lions mouth
>host immediately gets fucked in the ass by a CSS

Now that's just embarrassing.

>who built them
Probably the same fags that build a firelink shrine every damn game

Those are easily avoidable, and hardly make up for the many shortcomings that spears suffer from.

it's all in the mysterious, as-of-yet unclarified mechanism of the Bell of Awakening.

Hopefully we learn more about it in the DLC

No good pyro halberd.

THERE ARE 2 OF THEM. TWO. TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

>No good pyro halberd.
dark red hilted is literally a perfect pyro weapon

Vendrick brought back his from the Giants advised by Nashandra, who's an agent of the Dark.

running pokes is an effective strat user cus 9/10 people dont use a shield

I wanted a good looking one, I mean.

And both of them are pretty good.

>gr8wood
>who nir
>good
fuck off miyazaki, they are trash bosses and more uninspired than fucking ceaseless discharge

>prince was too busy being crippled and gay
>ywn pull up his skirt and pound his Boypussy furiously

>red hilted or standard halberds
>not good looking
Are you gay or something?

It's just a spear with a blade awkwardly attached to the bottom that you never reallyy use.

>"Okay, so we just built these thrones when the Lords of Cinder revive; we got ones for Prince Lothric, Ludleth the Exiles, Yhorm the Giant, the Abyss Watchers and Iggy the Fried."
>"Got bad news boss, Iggy didn't revive, it was that Aldrich guy!"
>"Aldrich? We build this entire shrine because we thought Iggy was coming back!"
>"What are we gonna do boss?"
>"Eh, fuck it, just throw a tarp on it and hope that they haven't chiseled Iggy's name into the back of the throne yet."

This was all the more amusing the type because I kept imagining thick Boston accents in my head."

I wish the Red Hilted Halberd had the DS2/Demon's Souls moveset.

got the build

spears are the only thing that can reliably fight against halberds

I always thought that the Bell was just reviving the last 4 guys to link it, it isn't "strong" enough to go back any further than that

fuck no, it would ruin it
ds2 halberds were horrible

It is an incomplete version of this.

Using toggle escape to quickly get up from a knockdown.

youtube.com/watch?v=qqkZ1XToI0s&feature=youtu.be&t=277

IIRC you need to be holding left on the analog stick when you get hit in order for it to work.

I don't know for certain, but my guess is that it's just a case of a certain memory address in the UI being used for more than one purpose, similar to Pokemon's Missing No. Or some variable relating to how the UI works not being reset properly due to Boldwin's shop being close in an unexpected way. There are some other minor glitches with the UI that aren't as noticeable/exploitable, but are kind of similar. I can't remember them off-hand, though, been fuckin' ages.

Nailing a Host with Phantoms right before they go through the fog gate is one of the most satisfying things in the series. My best kill was in New Londo Ruins when a host with 2 phantoms was almost at the boss when I caught up to them, backstabbed the host and pushed him off a ledge,followed and finished him off while his phantom just watched.

Can you kill everyone at Firelink Shrine and still win?

>win
???

Yeah, you can still beat the game with everyone at Firelink dead in any game there's a Firelink.

>finally beat Nameless King after submitting to the curved sword meme
at this point i wonder why you would ever want to use anything but curved/straight swords for pve, since every other weapon is way too fucking slow

What sort of Lord was Iggy?

win what?

When my host died I just shouted "hey!" to ridicule him. What kind of arse fondler waits for the invader while the fog gate is right there?

Not really, you need to kill at least one boss generally
Dragonrider in particular, then Felkin / Licia
Dark Orb is vital

If you kill andre he will respawn and will say fuck you in a nice way. The old lady will increase the price of every single item by 20%. Fire keeper just respawns.
You can kill anyone else without any actual consequences

What's the name of the sword this Falconer is wielding?

The game.

What's good level to have my endurance if I want to rely on spellcasting for PVE and not bothered for PVP (on ng)?
I set it at 28 for melee before and was fine.
I'm leaving dex/str/vit at base, except one point in dex for longsword. I'm guessing 15 since it's not too low or too high. I'm trying to not use shields either. So basically rolling for avoiding damage, spells only, longsword if I run out of estus/taking down low HP enemies.

there are pretty specific times where u can hit him with ultra weaps, usually after he recovers from his million stabs/aerial stab/lightning slam

The name is "notinthefuckinggame"

What's the cap on the jew?