/msg/ - Maplestory General

READ THE PASTEBIN TO KEEP UP-TO-DATE ON EVENTS AND NEWS!

pastebin.com/BAi9nL3e
--------------------------------------------------------------
Discord: Ask in the thread for an invite link.

>Aries
8x/4x/6x v174+ (Updates alongside GMS). Shit. Don't listen to shills.
aries.elluel.net/
Apply to Memebois by whispering herbniqqa.

>Ellinia
5x/1x/2x v162.4 Dream server. Dead.
maple.ellinia.net/
>BUDDY SUZURAN OR KEKCRO FOR HELP

>Lumiere
6x/3x/2x v.174. No website right now, but they've got a discord. discordapp.com/invite/EkPQ2qN Releases on the 20th of July. Basically Dawnveil.

>GMS/EMS/JMS/KMS
EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THE OFFICIAL SERVERS IS SPREAD OUT. POST YOUR IGN AND MAYBE YOU'LL FIND SOMEONE TO PLAY WITH.
Apply to Waifus/Casuals on Windia - Pay2Win on Reboot.
maplestory.nexon.net
>Theme of the thread: Post your favorite AFK spot.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ntjog45-StI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for krexel

2nd for kill yourself my man

>log on to aries
>die

meme server

who wants the cygnus knights from least to most annoying to train to 120 for link skill purposes for me

Yo senpaitachi I haven't played MS in years so I don't know what the deal is, so I've got a question. Can anyone suggest a couple solid classes for the reboot server?

Least to most?
Dawn warrior
Wind archer
blaze wiz
thunder breaker
mihile

literally whatever you want, they are all equally bad

>lumiere
>cant even make a website
>wants us to play there

When did Hayato get a female version?????

on GMS, always had one, in JMS, after the revamp.

Unexpected.

>2016
>the current year
>still using overalls
>still using empress equips

y tho

>Scrolled Root abyss set sitting in his inventory
Literally blind

Was Dawmveil a Dream server? Did it even come out or did it come out and die super quick?

was in closed beta for a bit, randomly disappeared. reincarnated itself in Lumiere.

So what's the objectively worst class that isn't a joke class like Jett, Mihile or permacitizen?

>current year
>caring about damage
shaking mah head

Beast Tamer

>2150 reward points
literally how there's no event that claims that much

Do you get anything for filling out pages in the maple content map, under the U hot key, or is it simply a trophy system of it's own kind?

• You will get NX through hunting monster, doing party quests or winning events. We'll also have buffed channels 1-16 will be buffed and 17-20 will be unbuffed.
• Party Quests will offer NX at the end and a reward, but you can only get 15 rewards a day. You can still continue to do PQ's if that's the method you prefer to farm NX.
• Party Quest rewards will also rotate every couple of days (I'm thinking every 2 days).
• There's no way around Pre-quests, but they will be made account-wide, and no Nova, Sengoku nor BT have to do pre's for certain bosses.
• Pink Bean will be used to give your account additional levels (251-255). Every 50 levels your account will gain a level.
• Bosses with Hard and Chaos mode will be buffed.
• We'll have skill changes and they will be posted sometime soon in the Discord chat.
• Forum and website will be released on the 20th along with the server.
• Link skill levels will be 120, 160 and 200.
• The bossing UI will work and you can teleport to bosses.
• There'll be 2x exp cards and drop cards, but exp or drop buffs will not be in the game.
• Certain equipment sets will be buffed.
• Pet vac will be attainable through DP Shop or through bosses. Bosses will have a low chance of dropping a shard that you'll be able to exchange for a petvac. The more shards you trade in, the longer the duration of the petvac.
• Donor slots will also be attainable through DP shop or bosses, late game bosses will have a chance to drop an item you can exchange for extra equipment slots.

Mihile is actually really good, you just need to have ~20 ping for the entire mechanic that makes the class worth using to work.
Discounting those 3 though, my vote goes to paladin. It's really just not a good class. It's got little utility, little combat worth, it's just all around meh. Only class that's just as bad is probably, like... Maybe battlemage? It's just totally mediocre nowadays. Maybe corsair or bucc.
p2w evven on pservers. This is what you get excited for?

>Zodiac - Today at 11:14 PM
>Someone pay me 100 and I will ban laze for a week

WHO HAS MONEY

this desu
she's an overcomplicated and clunky xenon for furries and her only use is her cat form which gives mediocre passive buffs.

Why did they make Kinesis' link skill so weak? 8% min crit amounts to 4% total damage at 100% crit rate and only gets weaker if you aren't at 100% crit rate yet. And why only 8%? who asked for this?

Should've been at least 15, fucking Hayato's character card at S is 6% min crit

I think I used a couple of the 1000 point chips before I quit playing and then never claimed them. Won't let me do it now so I don't know how to clear my count.

So nothing nhappens when you go into the cash shop?

8% is a random ass value to place it at. It really should've been 10%/15%/20% like every other normal Link Skill.

Correct.
Also correct due to me agreeing.

>STILL not Explorer Link Skill that stacks 13 times and gives 3% Buff Duration and 1% Attack for every stack

why is this allowed

>3% Buff Duration per stack

Muh dick.

>x is not affected by buff duration :^)
Fuck these runes and aran's fire mode. Although evan's link still increases rune duration it still is pretty gay to have things that are unaffected by buff duration +

>Hyperskills that don't even have cooldowns like Cannoneer's Buckshot or Corsair's Unwavering Rum aren't affected by Buff Duration
>Literally the only purpose of this is to spite the player

>free Job Coin next week

Fuck yes. I can finally right my wrongs. So, I must ask: Dark Knight or Hero?

>top oz runner on aries floor 47 1:03:57
>tell him his time sucks
>he gets butthurt

this server sucks

you might as well go hero so you can keep using your pally equips

MapleGlobal

Being able to farm pvacs and donor slots from bosses already makes it far less pay to win than Ellinia or Aries.

>check the new 5th job skills
>all incredibly underwhelming
>system looks even more retarded than the mastery books from when they were all over the place and incredibly expensive
That said, this looks more like Hyper Skills 2.0. I'm still kind of salty that Bucc's 170 hyper hasn't been repurposed. Being forced to waste 40 or so seconds to get back to max damage is retarded.

How does the new crit formula work? Is it just max damage now, as in everything buffs max damage, so +min/+max crit damage skills will just do +max crit damage?

There is no min/max anymore, it's been mixed into one, so yeah, the min/max crit skills, links, and cards all just add to crit or were repurposed entirely.

Is it dispellable? Also I don't mind it much, it has nice range.

SUX

6 days

Is it as simple as just everything adds max crit and that's the damage boost you get when you hit a crit? Say a skill gives you 10% min crit damage and 10% max crit damage, is it now just 10% crit damage or 20% crit damage?
I don't think it is, but it's fucking annoying to get the full boost back. 40% min/max critical damage is pretty sizeable chunk of damage and if you die or can't recast it in time it tends to be annoying to get the full damage boost back.

Fuck, I'd just take a 15% crit damage boost if it meant it being permanent.

should be like 10% crit damage, right in the middle.

Lumiere/Dawnveil only got potential working in April or May. Even shit servers where damage hacks worked like Novus and Acernis had potential. It's probably going to bomb spectacularly and then everyone's going to go back to Royals/Aries/Ellinia.

I heard the coders had a fight with the owner. Since the owner can't code and coders have a massive advantage when negotiating since MapleStory coders are fairly rare and have a very high demand, he has to bend over to them.

goodnight thrad i love youi a lot

The buff last like 2 minutes or something though, and you can definitely cast it twice during one power charge mode. I don't see why you fussin

It's probably an annoyance if you die during boss fights.

invite succlord to memebois bros

It's not that, it's that it takes forever to get the full effects and if you die you're pretty much fucked in the ass. Yeah, I know, don't die, but it's such an outdated skill given how everything else has been going.

>still playing a buccaneer even after they gave you the option to become a cannoneer

your own fault desu

bucc's got back SSJ mode in 5th job tho

Super Saiyan mode is gay as hell anyways

Is Attack+30 an inner pot I should try to keep in Reboot, or can I keep resetting for Attack Speed+1?

youtube.com/watch?v=ntjog45-StI
merry christmas

why do none of you guys play mapleroyals

maplestory's not even worth anything post-BB, what's the point of playing?

>ObtainBooty
hello my man

kao?

The age old question, I have boss damage 20% and I would love to have Att speed +1 but I just don't have faith that I'll get it lol

how do i get gear

money

Yeah I really hate how you don't get the appropriate gear as your progress. The maple guide thing is ridiculous with what bosses it tells you to do, like 120 for hilla

moveing up in the world

How do you have so much def? Def was suppose to be paladin's thing.

so in reboot, have a shade and aran going to 120

what do I use my lvl100 exp pot on, kaiser for the max hp link skill
or mecedes?

>mfw evan is so strong but plays like shit

>Can't open the box
Fake and gay

you have to hit it, they changed it for whatever reason
don't worry I was confused too

hit it stupid

are you baiting or do you really not know that you have to hit the box now

no idea, dual blades are pretty tanky though

I already tried with a surfboard, but I could open Queen's just fine. I even tried jump attacking.

the mouse over the box made it seem like you tried to open it by clicking
weird shit

guys can you give me tips on how to progress?

Its my first time playing maplestory and all the guides I've read tells me to upgrade my shit to legendary with +15% dex at least and then you are supposed to hit 10k or something

But I am nowhere near it- what gear improvements should i be making? I have 5 piece onyx set with 2 tinkerer's so far.

>my first time playing
>everything is legendary or unique
>black tinkerer belt and shoulder
???????
how much money did you drop holy shit

shit server

I waited a few minutes before leaving in case the box was trying to pull some gay Horntail shit, but I got angry and left before waiting out the entire timer

its elliniams so they just hand out enough money to do that in 2-3 days. Snowdrop coins+party quest literally gets you there in a day- I just didnt find out about it until yesterday

What, so cuckservient to the shitshow that is modern Maplestory that you can't bring yourself to play a blatantly better game?

>Got an ICoG from a hero box
Now all I need to do is pass another CSS.

>not using safety scrolls with every single scrolling attempt
what are you, poor?

I hate playing servers which aren't going to get any new content. If there were some way to have a server from before BB or at least with before BB style mechanics, but which also got all of the updates and future content and bosses and stuff, with lowish rates, I'd be all over that.

But there's not really a way for that to happen. You'd have to have a crazy dev team, and private servers don't make money.

that would require rebalancing literally everything if you want new monsters and bosses with old mechanics
won't happen as you said

With these sorts of things I always imagine, surely it can't be that hard. It's just changing numbers around here and there, right? It's just commenting out the Potential code. Surely it can't be that hard. Somebody has to have done it.

Then I always snap back into reality and remember that I know maybe a bit of C++ and I'm definitely underestimating how hard it'd actually be.

>classes like F/Ps, Marksmen and WHs have been on the top of damage charts for years now
>equips are still several orders of magnitude cheaper than NL claws
>NLs have been mediocre to bad since Chaos or Big bang or some shit which was roughly half a decade ago

explain this nonsense

people like edgy throwing star man

damage charts are a fraud

night walkers are aight i guess

Isn't the whole reason NLs were popular back in the day because they just shit out damage on everything with Sharp Eyes?

you deserve it for being top dog for years before 4th job

muh dexless

also mobility
but now pretty much every job is mobile

NWs somehow manage to be shit at mobbing in 2016 when every job can (or should) be able to hit 8 mobs minimum with their designated mob skill

about time eh

is that terminus impaler suppose to be good?

weren't they supposed to be joker equips but then nexon never did anything with them?

no
i think the da, katara, xenon whip and 'maybe' the kanna fan are the only good ones

nobody even likes you