Homebrew & Hacking General - /hbg/

MHG (EU) CIA OUT NOW

Previous Thread:
/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax, OOT3D and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon
-Pokémon Picross announced as new secondary homebrew entrypoint
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/
-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-New IOSU exploit details for developers have been added to WiiUBrew, but don't expect anything yet.
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-5.6 may get released soon. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!CxoVBSwQ!oAC0cfY_9LrRY5E8-ecSto11-vcQgYlnoOo6dk7F1Jk
github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases
3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/274652-mf-zs-hyrule-warriors-legends-update-dlc-ver1-4-0-usa-eur-jap.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>still no updated OP
You fucked up.

a moment of silence to the anons who died before MHG leaked

whats there to update?

Here's a simple method for NA players to import the EU data needed to get their MHGen bonuses.

mega.nz/#!CxoVBSwQ!oAC0cfY_9LrRY5E8-ecSto11-vcQgYlnoOo6dk7F1Jk

Place the 'filer' folder on your root. Install SaveDataFiler.cia and open it. Go to the SD tab and press A to import this ext save data (00001261). Note this shouldn't affect your other data because the US game is 00001263.

Even if you already started your save file, go under New Game and run through the Claim Extras menu. It should say the MH4U data read was successful. Then just speak to your housekeeper to claim your bonus. No need to install EUR 4U.

smilebasic is all i can think of

New primary exploit has been announced in SmileBASIC.

Go back to /mhg/.

How does the new MHG run on Old 3DS?

Worse than 4U.
But still playable to some degree.

How good is Old 3DS at emulation? Thinking of setting up retroarch but don't know if it's worth it

So far PSP still remains my top handheld emulator. Are the SNES and Genesis emulators good? On PSP I could play hacks of SNES and Genesis games, dunno if 3DS can do that

It's very comparable to the New 3DS performance. Both are hard locked at 30 fps, which the O3DS does provide consistently. Just that O3DS occasionaly clumps frames together. Overall nowhere near the difference it made in 4U.

If I want to backup just the save files to my pc, what is the folder in the sd that I should copy?

use blarg for snes and for genesis not too sure

15-24 fps

in other words "Shit".

If you're using NTR to record, sure.

>implying you can ntr stream with a o3ds

runs fine. dont see how some anons get a shitloads of FPS drops. how about trying the demo and seeing it for yourself¨?

Maybe they have 3D on.

I like the 3D, thank god it looks fine in the New 3DS

>beating me to it

What even are the bonuses?

Trying to get into homebrew via browserhax for 3ds but I keep getting stuck at orange screen and getting an error. What do

orange means you have to reboot

USA leak when

What about DLC unlocks? No problem if a US system tries to connect and download those when available?

>retards everywhere flipping out about m-muh open developer registration means the end of homebrew as we know it!!
>sdk leaks have been happening regularly for years and nothing came out of it
>people really think anyone smart enough to contribute is stupid enough to not read the NDA and try to use confidential documents and information

3DS scene was truly a mistake

>literally no one in hbg is saying anything of the sort
>le mistake maymay

Jesus Christ here's your (You) you literal human car wreck

uSa leaK when

>WiiU is going to die in March
>no IOSU
>no DLC on Loadiine
>no Online on Loadiine
>loading from SD's
how do we fix the WiiU scene

later. or tomorrow.

you don't

go back to lelddit you retard

USA leak why?

us leak when

>not wanting to play the version that grants you freedom
Fucking eurocuck.

>wanting nasty ass EU

I believe MonHun DLC is all hosted on Capcom servers and doesn't depend on eShop for anything. If I'm wrong, transferring your save should be no problem. I confirmed 4U's save was compatible EU to NA using JK's SaveManager.

>wanting the version with refugees

What's up guys? Your favorite Veeky Forums member Pixel Eater here.

Why haven't you registered for a free Veeky Forums account yet?

Good but what about local play? 3dsiso has it listed as a region free cia but will it be enough to connect with US versions? Wouldn't want to be blocked from playing locally with my bros

EU and US share servers. So you will be able to play with your bros just fine.

For local play? For example Smash JP wouldn't connect with US Smash

Oh, locally. But that shouldn't change anything since it's the same rom.

worst case scenario: both of you connect over the internet.

I already forgot.
For the 3ds, how do you get that popup that lets you fix the "corrupted" installer to show up?

I know it's somewhere in system settings.
I have everything working in my sysNAND, but not emuNAND. They're unlinked, too.

wont work locally. no game does if they are from other regions

Figures, will wait for US leak

I'm on part 3 of the homebrew guide but I'm stuck on step 16. Everything's working right and as intended up until that point, then it just goes black and stays black. Any tips? I'm on 9.2

14 Open Luma3DS (this can sometimes black screen, just try again)
15 Activate "Show current NAND in System Settings"
16 Press Start to boot RedNAND

what's the new way of converting games to .cia? i heard it doesnt use xorpads and shit

github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

if it's still black after the 2 minutes do the troubleshooting part

Vita scene when?

Can i do this with Jks ?

Sun/Moon leak when?

what's the difference between eu mh and us mh?

One has nasty asshair refugess while the other gives you freedom.

Just downgraded my 3ds to 9.2.0 how can i get menuhax back i try browser hax but just get white screen on the 3ds browser

Is there a guide to NTR or anything? I installed it but uhh how exactly do you use any of the features?

zoom in

Try clearing the browser cash and rebooting. Or probably you also have to reset the time and date too. Check the troubleshooting section in the guide.

fuck both. asia master race

DQ VII leak when

>This is what anime does to your children

>no 12.0 3ds update
>no 5.6 wii u update

shits no fun when the guys you pirate from dont even try to fight back anymore

i really live in asia. but in a dumpster 3rd world country master race ;-;

How do i use this?

Are you Finnish?

X+Y brings up the menu, mainly only used for screenshots cheats and streaming on n3ds since luma already does everything else it does

from boot if a9lh

READ THE GUIDE

Thanks

3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/274652-mf-zs-hyrule-warriors-legends-update-dlc-ver1-4-0-usa-eur-jap.html
I tried everything but for some reason the DLC won't show up when I try to install it. Ganondorf's Wind Waker robes, the classic Link costume, Linkle's boots weapon, and Marin won't show up at all. I'm using bigbluemenu to install the DLC. what am I doing wrong?

guys at my local store told me they might break street date for mHG on the 13th if they get more copies, if they do ill be the savjkr ykj wa t and deserve & hbg& also excuz any spelling mystakes am drunk as fuck. see yiu guys on the 13h FUCKING CAPCHA

What's the state of PS2 emulation on PS3?

Debating whether it's worth to downgrade my ps3 slim.

>Place your game(s) in the converter's roms folder

it just skipped. where's this rom folder. i dont have it

inside your root folder

godspeed user, my autism won't let me play EU version

It will do the job except on certain games that rely on ps2 hardware niggery, off the top of my head that includes kingdom hearts 2 during the hostile program boss battle, unfinishable.
But theres a HD re-release of that so fuck it.
It's never not worth downgrading.

Why did I switch to a9lh? Now I keep getting random crashes and freezes with games. But oh now my home menu doesn't crash at least!

Fuck.should have stayed with emunand.

nvm. it's somewhere in my homebrew folder. i just forgot the process since this is just my second time doing it

Carefully

turn off n3ds speed boost thing in luma3ds setting

I've had crashing with that on

Trying to launch MHG with Luma3ds on a non-a9lh european 3ds I get a black screen, what do? Launching it by rxmode works, I think

anyone have a qr code for mhg?

That's not how it works.

Just switched to RedNAND, LumaCFW, and updated to 11.0 from Cakes and 10.5; is it possible to restore my saves and CIA configurations? I was hoping it would be as easy as just copying everything back.

MHG USA leak when

If you've lost your saves and whatever, you really blew it because losing them isn't necessary for any reason.

hope you didn't make a rednand when you already had an emunand they're the same thing and the guide states this and tells you to start on part 4

Is MHG EUR out? It's not showing up on 3ds titlekeys

if I want to import NA mh4u data for teh EU Gen cia can I convert back my EU Gen save when NA cia releases?

Fuck, good thing I kept a backup. I started with part 3. I could use a bit of spoonfeeding to make sure it goes fine, do I reformat with Tinyformat or EmuNAND9?

thinking of getting a ps3 to play some games i missed last gen and to future proof myself for persona 5, what are the brewing opportunities?

title keys are downloaded from official servers, leak is a physical copy dumped and made into cia

FYI only thing "imported" is MH4U ext data, it only checks if data exists to give you the bonuses on Gen. Main MH4U save data is not imported in any way so no need to convert that if that's what you were thinking

TinyFormat does not enter the equation for this purpose...

reformatting digs the hole deeper, to access the saves you need to be using the nand that handled them.
Without it you might as well delete them.

I thought mh4u extdata contained your saved item sets and dlc, and I already have both but from NA version

it does contain said data but since nothing will be imported just grab this: and if necessary convert your save when US leak hits

Well, where is it?