/vn/ - LOVE story edition

Visual Novel General #1132

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT

>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:

1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Visual Novel Translation Status
warosu.org/jp/?task=search2&search_tripcode=!!UcDDlzwANFs&search_op=op

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:
pastebin.com/zeiYgLrs/

This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

>being a quick shot

>thread number fixed
Thank god. The previous thread triggered my autism every time I looked at the OP.

Lolis will save the universe.

nth for EOPs

Fifth for EOPs

One off.

Girl represents JOPs, guy EOPs.

Kneel down inferior cretins!

おやすみ

JOPs are pink-haired sluts?

I still like lolis.

Chara is here with another decision for you to make that you'll LOVE!

This time, he offers to send you and your 2D or 3D waifu to a paradise where you can spend a year with her with no one else to disturb you. Everything you need to survive + all utilities will be provided, and you will also have internet service. Your waifu will also obviously be in love with you.

However, your waifu will die from incurable keyaids at the end of the year. She will be perfectly healthy for the first 11 months, but at the last month her health will rapidly deteriorate. Both you and your waifu will know about this.

Finally, a year after your waifu dies the world will be erased, obviously resulting in your death as well as the deaths of everyone else on the planet.

13th for Saber.

おやすみ

>Not fucking your waifu
>Fucking your waifu for 11 months
Not a hard decision

17 for this general is kill

>letting your waifu suffer for a month and then die
Fucking degenerate.

>Not wanting to be together with your waifu
KEK

Not if that's the price, I'm not that selfish.

Just be a necromancer. Or a necrophiliac, whichever works for you.

In some cases both.

Some bastard thought that this was too specific and not the tray holding tag.

Has anyone here made a visual novel?

So how hyped are you for 大迷宮&大迷惑?

It's the upcoming Liar-soft title written by 希. The premise is rather 王道, with a huge dungeon appearing one day with the protagonist (plus girls he'll fuck or see tentacle fucked) setting out to conquer it, but the main hook is 希's text.

希's an accomplished writer known for his style reminiscent of early 20th century Japanese authors, and his previous games like 霞外籠逗留記 or 信天翁航海録. In an interview about 大迷宮&大迷惑 he says he takes inspiration mainly from 80's fantasy and dungeon crawlers, so it's gonna be really interesting to see how he makes it work with his highly literary writing style.
Revelant quote:
> 自分がかつて熱中した剣と魔法の冒険譚(ソード&ソーサリー)で、地下迷宮(ダンジョン)というジャンルを、この現在にどう蘇らせるか? そして、近年の作品で既に同様の試みはされているとは思いますが、それをライアーソフトとして、希というライターとしてどう料理するのか? という点です。このジャンルが国内で興隆したのは1980年代後半からだと思います。

So writing kanji is a thing now? I turn them into objects and stuff to try and remember the Kanjis. Like 映画 is a signal tower and a sofa+TV. It's pretty dumb but it works I guess

>that art
pass

I was wondering how feasible it is to play VNs on an android tablet? Is it possible to run the PC version on a tablet or is there an android version for most VNs? Can someone please help out?

Google mnemonics.

Nope, only with a Windows tablet at most.

Don't people find it uncomfortable sitting for hundreds of hours playing VNs on a PC? That's why I'm interested in playing on a tablet.

I usually sit back and play on auto read.

No. Get a better chair.

No, I have a very comfortable chair.

I lay down on my bed with a laptop.

Not him, but what chair do you anons have?

The non-leather Ikea MALKOLM.

>barely any hype for my upcoming erection

It is an edited machine translation, user. Don't go there!

What the fuck did I just read.

Amazing horror stuff going on, scared shitless. Suddenly MC appears with "Lilith"(fucking really) and uses super duper chunni powers to punch the enemy to death.

Oh and then a bimbo angel appears and something about some super highschool that's not a highschool.

It seriously blindsided me, didn't expexct if to go full retard in 2 seconds, but anyways should I continue to read it?

Definitely not.

>reading EOP VNs
>not expecting high-school shit in every goddamn title

lol

There's stuff like onscripter and visual novel reader but they only work with certain visual novels.

I agree that reading on a tablet is the comfiest way to read vns.

Yes, it's kamige.

Well which one is it?

I don't mind highschool setting is just that "Lilith" annoyed me with her chunnispeak and whatnot, also other characters seem fucking generic.

It's one of the worst releases in years. The guy constantly shilling it here works for the company.

Protag-kun is like a worse version of Yuuji. Has no emotions BUT isn't funny, fuck that guy. Keep reading and see how far you last

no steampunk, no good

Koiken Otome is going to take another fucking year just to finish the patch.

I wanted to give it a shot because he has Durararagi's voice but yeah I don't think i'll enjoy it. I'll try a bit more though.

Maybe I should just read Dies irae

They hate MG and SP so they're asking Jast for some pennies

Sakurai is too busy writing Fate/Prototype.

Dovac is legit going to die or something
How can one person being so sick 24/7

What were you doing when /vn/ died?
Surely not playing visual novels

No, but I was reading some.

He'll someday start leading a healthy life and consequently will turn SP into a respectful company.

Is Dragon Age visual novel?

Dunno, does VA-11 Hall-A qualify as a VN?

JOPs are cute animu girls.

Shitposting on /v/, /a/ and /jp/.
Living the dream.

listening to opera

>womemes

looks too LN-ish desu

Please don't get my hopes up

It's hard to deny its creation is likely inspired by the recent popularity of RPG-y (isekai) LNs, but with Mareni writing, you can be sure it'll be something special.

Why is my taste so much better than your taste anyway?

>mfw Abe will soon put up a new constitution
Are our lolis safe?

twitter

Obama-san should let Japan get rid of mosaics...

Are little sisters supposed to be this seductive?

Yeah sure, I bet you like imoutos.

>Chinami

>those short pink-haired pigtails
>those green eyes
>that pajama
>imouto
9.9/9.9 waifu

I love this game so far but damn does the wandering nature of this game irk me. Policenauts had a better way of proceeding to the next event, geez.

why would u play that ugly shit when the remake is about to come out lmao

Why would anyone play Kanon? Probably for the story, not the art.

1. My Japanese isn't good enough to play a new release yet
2. I dig the 90s aesthetic.

nobody plays key games for the art, except maybe LB

The remake will never be translated.

so? why would u read it in translation lol

Because Japanese isn't a real language. Only being getting translated into English does it become worth reading.

>superior words folded over a thousand times
>not a real language
baka desu senpai

>tentacle fucked
dropped

The highschool isn't relevant at all. You don't get all the usual tropes and shit. You'll be done with it pretty quickly.
It's still a very good VN, provided you're open-minded and don't go "what the hell this sucks" at everything weird, it's a chuuni after all.
Read it if you're into big battles, good comedy and original setting. The VN is amazing when it comes to mythology and it's definitely a breath of fresh air in that aspect.

Working on a Sunday

i got banned from Veeky Forums
i just started playing other games instead

Why do people have difficulty with kanji stroke order?

What's so hard about "from the top to the bottom, from the left to the right"?

>this again
stop
kindly go to appropriate boards and threads to discuss this

>writing kanji
lol

Some but not all of these things actually happen at some point during Baldr Sky! Can you guess which ones?

In the game of Baldr Sky, Kadokura Kou will...

>have sex with his mom!
>kill his dad!
>discover a virtual reality inside of a virtual reality, and declare that he needs to go deeper!
>cause the Feds to nuke Japan!
>become a being of pure energy and transcend the mortal realm of existence!
>create a back-up of himself in cyberspace that will activate if he dies - only for the back-up to activate itself and take over his life!
>become a brain in a jar, living only through his connection to the Net!
>travel backward in time to an alternate dimension to get a happy ending!
>become an astronaut!
>become the nanomachines!

@above me

no one cares

Because sometimes there are weird things like the 臼 radical having different stroke order depending on the kanji

Or the 厂 radical and kanji like 滅

Or 左 and 右

Or 全 and 金

>not liking the vaporwave aesthetic

>tfw EOP but started to shit on other EOPs to feel better about myself
No one must know my secret.

Me too, but I started learning Japanese.

Join the master race user.

日本語は難しいね

Japs should just forget about kanji and start using a writing system that actually makes sense. They don't even need to come up with one, they already have kana.

>b-but muh homophones
Fuck off, every language has homophones, that's what context is for.

Japanese is a mess of a language, I have no interest in languages with shitty structure just like that. I would rather learn German or Russian instead.

It would be damn ugly with dozens of kana around. Kanji is a bitch but it makes the sentences short and allows you to easily see the particles

Learn Portuguese. É uma língua banana.

join me and let's learn English for the future translated contents, anons