/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #497 - Big explosions Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ykWEUanR_10
tssznews.com/2016/07/09/find-the-computer-room-interviewed-hunnid-p-singer-of-knuckles-sa2-raps/
youtube.com/watch?v=1Aon3CJZyGk
youtube.com/watch?v=PYHMCHSGG6M
youtu.be/8dA-NXGBlMo
youtube.com/watch?v=O3UvnrDpGvc
youtube.com/watch?v=xlAzX_d8DLk
youtube.com/watch?v=TZhyApeu1qs
youtube.com/watch?v=LKK3J2h1nGA
youtube.com/watch?v=S6i9dhtX4Ns
youtube.com/watch?v=UGC59jMQRB8
youtube.com/watch?v=-unUysuRmWo
youtube.com/watch?v=yEZ2UNKrm8c
youtube.com/watch?v=Nhp4fT8iyS8
youtube.com/watch?v=AJZV8Vo6K2s
youtube.com/watch?v=OF02tMU1Y1c
giantbomb.com/profile/lordxavierbritish/blog/why-sonic-adventure-2-has-the-best-story-in-gaming/87241/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Name one good Sonic game

Sonic 3

& Knuckles

The backgrounds and effects look way more amazing than the character models.

They really made them lanky in riders, I guess so they can animate the skating tricks better

I don't know what's ironic or unironic anymore.

why

>Tails shielding his ears
that's top cute

Bought a dreamcast and sonic adventure, all I have ever played of it is DX on gamecube a long ass time ago and liking it despite remembering ti being kind of cryptic and awkward

I think it's less just the proportions and more the textures they used. They're a bit too flat/ slick for the environments we're seeing. The effects are very realistic but the character are very cartoony looking.

welcome to Sonic series post classic era

Unskippable cutscenes aside, Dreamcast version is love.

youtube.com/watch?v=ykWEUanR_10

Later games like Unleashed pull it off pretty good though, both prerendered and real time

>welcome to Sonic series 1999-2008

Tikal looks so cute.

First drawing with my new computer

Nice drawing, and have fun with that computer

KNOCK KNOCK

tssznews.com/2016/07/09/find-the-computer-room-interviewed-hunnid-p-singer-of-knuckles-sa2-raps/

ONE MORE WEEK

ONE MORE WEEK

UNTIL ADVENTURE 3 IS REVEALED.

>He has no ties with royalties and didn’t really make any money for his work. In fact, no one at SEGA even said “you did a good job” to him for what he did. There was no acknowledgement from them.

Two weeks

>You may recall this article we wrote in the past, saying that Hunnid-P had claimed involvement in an upcoming Sonic game. It turns out that this wasn’t true. He said what he said as a means to get SEGA’s attention. He wanted to connect with SEGA again, and to answer fan demands. They never got back to him.

>He wanted to connect with SEGA again, and to answer fan demands. They never got back to him.

Fuck you Sega

Post best Hunnid-P songs

youtube.com/watch?v=1Aon3CJZyGk

Eh, not like there'd be much use for him considering the music direction Sonic has taken on all fronts since 2006 or so.

Kinda shitty to leave him completely hanging, though.

>Make an entire game's stage design ass
>Sonic controls the best in this version
torture.

Maybe the MemeMan can convince them to let him write a rap to premier on their twitter

(you)

Which game?

This version of Lost World he doesn't have that weird homing attack arch and his turns and movement are sharp just ruined by even shittier stages than the console version.

The first stage for it made it look pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=PYHMCHSGG6M

I remember some user telling the story about how his nephew or something wanted the then new Lost World on 3DS, ended up having to buy/play it with the kid and the two poor fucks having to suffer hell because of it.

You already did.

I'm rereading old Sonic Universe arcs and the names gave me a sensible chuckle. I forgot this happened.

Manik has the teeth of Mike Tyson or Chris Benoit.

Well that's a shame. He seems like a genuine guy who enjoyed his work on Sonic. Hope he does well for the future.

>He’d also love if anySonicconventions were to reach out to him.

SoS team, get on this shit

Noble want/goal or not, lying or misleading fans about working with SEGA on a new project doesn't seem like a good idea and probably ends up hurting relations more than trying to connect.

With that and his recent jail time, I doubt SEGA will ever want to work with him again.

Honestly it seems like a lot of people who worked on Sonic games seemed to enjoy their time on it and would like to get back in it.

But of course SEGA had to continue being fucking retarded.

Let's take a dive.

DELETE THIS

morning /sthg/

Morning slowhog.

>went to space and left my hoes
Fucking kek did I hear that right

Took a shuttle to space and left from our homes

>this was made unironically

>only one game

How many times are you going to keep posting this

Swatjanitor is offline.
Post Daisuke.
youtu.be/8dA-NXGBlMo

I don't think I've ever seen any fanart of the president's secretary. She's pretty qt

Chris' teacher was a nutcase. What was his deal again? He was an agent or some shit?

Until the end of time.

>the sword

I wonder if sonally shippers threatened to burn the staff alive every time we got one of these.

Are those tarot cards or is she playing solitaire

Tarot cares, but Amy playing a super stressful game of solitaire is funny too.

major drag

He'll stop posting it when it stops being true.

I honestly cannot unsee a Worm from that thumbnail.

But why

Until someone posts the edits.

Classic was kind of like that too a lot of the time. It was just less obvious because of the graphics.

youtube.com/watch?v=O3UvnrDpGvc

And, in relation, the Adventures in particular had weirdly realistic graphics because Sonic Team saved time by taking pictures of real world locations and using those pictures as textures.

youtube.com/watch?v=xlAzX_d8DLk

youtube.com/watch?v=TZhyApeu1qs

youtube.com/watch?v=LKK3J2h1nGA

youtube.com/watch?v=S6i9dhtX4Ns

youtube.com/watch?v=UGC59jMQRB8

youtube.com/watch?v=-unUysuRmWo

youtube.com/watch?v=yEZ2UNKrm8c

youtube.com/watch?v=Nhp4fT8iyS8
Best Amy Rose theme.

Wrong on two different fronts here.

There's no justice.

Out of curiosity how long until the new universe gets shipped

Her and Geoffrey are characters made just to be hated by the insufferable parts of the fanbase.

Maybe Mina but Geoffrey was made by Penders to be a 007 expy who was soooo much cooler than Sonic and hit on Sally. That's all he was outside of being another lackey of the king until Ian did something interesting with him

>genji's sword
>not even reapers shotguns
ruined

I think you might just be retarded, son.

I think you have shit counter points user

It's a Hatred reference, not an Overwatch one

Where were you in 2014?

youtube.com/watch?v=AJZV8Vo6K2s

I know
the thing is there's no katanas in Hatred
I know I have it

youtube.com/watch?v=OF02tMU1Y1c

I've noticed one of the things that the pre reboot comics actually did better was villains

What I mean is that when you break it down the only real big baddy is eggman, the rest of them aren't on the same threat level for example breeze is probably the only "villain" on a similar scale as eggman, but she seems to just be content with being a greedy bitch (not complaining though I do like her) the only other villains not a part of the egg army are snivley (probably), nagus, and eclipse. First off while reboot snivley is a dick he doesn't seem to be quite the same level of scum he used to be now that he's working for gun. Second I've never really found nagus interesting he always came across as generic too me andd finally while I actually do really like eclipse, he doesn't have the resources too be a major villain though a proper return of the black arms could do that

On the other hand, Finitevus, Scourge, Mammoth Mogul (under Ian), and the iron queen all came across as more serious threats. Granted I understand The writers have been busy with unleashed but it probably the biggest thing I wanna see them work on

My counterpoint is that you're a retard trying to find references to things that aren't being referenced. Fuck off.

>Fuck off.
rude I bet you listed to pumped up kicks
:^)

giantbomb.com/profile/lordxavierbritish/blog/why-sonic-adventure-2-has-the-best-story-in-gaming/87241/

First I've heard of it.

And you wonder why I want you to fuck off. Are you

Archie needs to go easy with those DA tier shit.

>watch retroreplay ranting about SA2 story making no sense despite being the least of the game issues

She's actually pretty decent though

What is this stupid shit I'm reading? It's like I walked into the art wing of the local college.