/evog/ - Evolve General

EVERYTHING is OP edition

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve (stage 2)?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>I heard the game was dead?
It was (at least on PC). 100-200 players and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now 18k people are playing it.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Copy paste:

Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total, though some are variations of others. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (The Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vg-Evolve

last bred:

How Jewish are they going to get when they reveal the cash shop?

first for discussing progression systems in a civil way

WHY ARE ALL THE MONSTERS SO OP???

hard to say being jews destroyed their game the first time.who knows if they've learned.

Currently there are characters that cost 9500 silver.
You make 20-100 silver per game without level up/achievement bonuses, and that's during double silver weekend.

Take a wild guess.

I'm pretty sure the original Doom had more multiplayer game modes on launch than this game does.

I guess it would be better giving a "tree" progression system
You start with one tier 1 assault, that at level ten lets you choose one tier 2 assault, at level 20 another t2, and t2 at level 10 let you choose one t3 character.
But this would render keys almost useless

It's almost like Doom was a piece of garbage and it's multiplayer modes consisted of 20 lines of code.

How do I check other players' ping
and how do I check other players' perks
?

Escape
You can't

Buying characters is fine, the perks are fucked though.

You either don't buy them and get them by leveling characters, which means you are weak until you unlock them, or you buy them wasting silver because you would have got them them for free eventually.

Honestly buying bronze or silver perks is a massive waste of currency, gold take so long to unlock that it might be worth it to buy them.

So... how do you plan strats and stuff with teammates or prepare for enemy perks?

>or you buy them wasting silver because you would have got them them for free eventually.

Each perk has 3 levels. If you get a perk on level up after you buy it, the perk is levelled up automatically. You should definitely buy certain perks early. Like the Feeding and movement speed Silver Monster perk.

it is fine, but evolve always lacked a real progression system, because it has 1 progression system for every character
the progression system is what keeps peeps playing

You can get all 3 levels by leveling characters though.

The silver you get for reaching a character level that unlocks a perk you already have is fucking miniscule to.
Buy a perk for 3k and you get 300 back after you reach a level where you would unlock it.

>the progression system is what keeps peeps playing
Unfortunately.

Progression is just one of those reward feedbacks that you cant fight against
It makes everything feel meaningful

>play Bucket
>do good
>get called useless by team
>this is battle report

not the best damage, but not bad. is there a possibility to see how well my team was?

What are good Jack perks?
Movespeed to position yourself easier?
I already have all hunters/monsters

What are the most essential perks to get for the hunters?

You can't evolve isn't a game where you strategize its a team death match .

How the fuck does reload work in this game.
It feels like every weapon gets instantly reloaded by switching to it.

Weapons reload even if you don't have them in your hand
The game wants you to be constantly using all of your kit

if you get the right perks you can outscale people the same level as you really quickly.

Bucket's strength isn't really his damage, even though it's a bonus, but his mechanized cooldown. Double shield and heal burst for team is pretty fucking good.

it's psychology
normo peeps must have something to aim for
watch the other "big" f2p
Warframe, k?
It has a lot of small progression system, that go and give you rewards periodically.
So each day you take endgame keys, that give you experience and reputation. With that reputation you gain exp or new weapons, or better versions of weapons. Weapons, side arms, and characters all level up. Companions level up, and all goes to both your general account and a sort of super power you can use every 180 seconds, but only if you finish the story quests.

Let's go to planetside 2
Planetside lacks class progression, because a lot of weapons are shared, and nothing tells you that you're a good medic or a good engineer or a good sniper or a good tank driver. But there are a lot of smaller "ribbons" that will be given every 10 kills.

Do you know how most F2P make people play? By placing a big bright unmovable experience bar just below your eyesight.

Should I bother shooting the smg at all or switch back to harpoon immediately as griffin?

Rocket man/Rocket lord/Rocket King?

keep switching
it's 400 damage with a reload+ 50/150 with the harpoon

Why is Elder Kraken so good?
My first 2 games and I stage 1 wiped both off them
I didn't even know what my buttons did in the first game.

It won't work after Level 20.
Level 11 is just really stupid pubs.

I still have no idea what Elder Krak does
I just see tons of fucking red effects that fill the screen

Holy shit pubs are bad.

thats the main problem with Kraken and Wraiths
they wont be as OP when the player could tell what the fuck is going on on the screen

>Harpoon Wraith
>She punches the air like a retard and destroys it, probably without realizing it was there

Well fuck man, what im supposed to do in this situation

go crow

>slow wraith
>she just dashes around in the air instead

Love it.

Hit her from the back when she charges warp blast. It stops her dead and makes it miss which saves your team a ton of HP

I just played against a Wraith that was so bad that it couldnt damage pretty much anyone in the team as we took 2 bars of health in the first level 1 dome and as she retreated we all went towards her and ot downed in a fucking insane flurry of combos
I dont like blogpost but we just got fucking outplayed to the max

guys don't waste your keys literally only buying perks that increase feed speed.

and hunters only use perks with jet packs or use sunny.

The game is stupid when you have over 100% feed speed or jet pack shit. the other guy cant compete.

Hey did I just play you?

no no, use crow's other gun

I'm assuming that by doing all this work to make the game F2P that the devs are going to continue supporting it. Is it likely that they will release new monsters and hunters in the future?

Is anyone playing together in here?

Shit, this explains those games where the monster gets to level 2 within a minute of the hunters dropping.

For a fee, and before the others ones are balanced or bugs are fixed. :)

new skins maybe.
They said a long time ago the reason everything was dlc was because everything was so hard to make and cost loads ov mone.
I just can't see them doing it for free.

had a M Goliath do it to me before i figured it out. he had some crazy long win streak.
The only way he could of evolved so fast is if he literally was just speed eating his name was benoff something.

I'm glad the developers are intentionally facilitating such unbalanced gameplay.

How in seven hells do I kraken?
I bought it because no one seemed to play it but I have no clue how to not die at stage 1.

We were Hyde Abe Slim and Bucket

How Toaster friendly is this game?

Makarov or Edgy Makarov? Who's better?

>18 win streak as Wraith
I never thought winning would get boring, but here I am.

We're in the same boat, 100% win ratio with Wraith.

They are FORCING it. It's the only thing the monster can do to win. Run and eat as fast as possible before the hunters reach it. Evolve is no longer a hunting game, it's an arena deathmatch.

What's your starting build?

Look at the recommended requirements

If you have a mid range PC you can probably run it on medium 60 fps.

My toaster is an i3-540, gts 450, 4GB ram. With everything on minimum and resolution at 1280x720 windowed I have 30 fps in fight

blitz

2 in Warp Blast for the cooldown reduction and increased radius since it's pretty good at taking down wildlife, and 1 in Decoy and 1 in Supernova just in case I get domed at Stage 1.

I wish we had some mined ingame stats from all the chars

its not fun to grind for perks that do nothing

I remember there was a time where casuals got a chance to play against a "pro" monster player, and if they beat him they'd win some prize money.

Monster stomped all teams. Then some interviewer asked if he had fun
>It was boring

Weren't there more maps before? Did they take some of the maps out or something?

How long until retards either leave or learn how to play the game?
I'm tired of trappers that can't even press 4
I'm sick of healers trying to be dps full time
I think I actually might just drop the game for a month or so, this game is just frustrating, not fun right now because of these shitters.

Is it me or is the game still super buggy, I get stuck in "waiting for players" when the match should supposedly begin.

It also indefinitely waits for a party to start even though it's already matched 5 people, what the fuck.

>First match as Hank
>vs Elder Kraken
>Kill him at Stage 2 3 minutes in
>7300 Shields transferred
>Get 32 fucking keys for it

What?

What the hell is with the matchmaking? Why does it sometimes never find a game? Why will is start a 2v1 game? Why will it start a 4v0 game? Why does it immediately put you in a new queue after the game is over?

>How long until retards either leave or learn how to play the game?

>retards either leaving or gitting gud in a F2P game
Never.

As a monster I am enjoying the only period I'll be able to win, then I'll drop the game because hunters have been overbuffed way more than monsters and you can't hide now.

The monster really has no choice but to try and evolve asap. anything that doesn't help him do this is a waste.
I let people fuck me up in the dome just to get out faster, I'll down their medic and then leave.

What causes this and how do I fix it.

If you do research, Evolve said since this is still pretty much in beta, they are seeing how things go.

That means we will get Evac, Rescue, Arena, Defend, and Nest later down the line.

But user, we already are playing Arena :^)

>evovle runnign very fast

blitz is best once you get increased ammo capacity
untill then just stick to normal

Motion blur?

The game has over 51k players. Just leave and enter Hunt again if you wait longer than 10 seconds.

Yeah I invest 2 in both jump and charge in stage 1 and alternate between mandatory Hank and Caira (best picks) ,then I make a break for it since I have two hungers and gold leap regen.

Bash to stage 2 or 3 ASAP it's a gueranteed win.

I'm curious to see the player count during Wednesday. See how many people play during mid week

Here's additional pic, if that's motion blur, it's broken.

I'd rather you at least left me with a little bit of hope user.

I was pretty disappointed to see they turned trapper into just another support. Why the hell did they take the dome away from them?
Trying to catch the monster in the dome was fun and felt more skillful then this auto-cage that anyone can use
And global scan seems silly, it makes it impossible to play stealthily and sneak around hunters.
Wasn't the point of trappers to use their unique abilities to track the monster? Not give everyone the same ability that auto-finds it for you and tells the whole team where it is for you.
Yes, I am a little upset

I mean ...
HELP

How the fuck do you play hank? Mortars take half a year to land, good luck hitting a wraith with that, and when the shield is spent I feel like decoration.

I just saw there's only one capacity perk in the gold tier, is this right?

Get the shield booster out and spam it while hanging back.

For every 1 who miss trapping the monster being a challenge, there are 19 who are now like "whew thank god they just let us fight the monster now"

Dear anyone who wants to play a monster who isn't Kraken or wraith or who enjoys meme people at stage one.

look at these icons these icons are you're friends, buy them.

I am upset too user. I used to have to adapt to avoid specific trappers, I used to have fun trying to hide from them and avoiding elite wildlife because I was weak stage 1. Now I just run away as fast as I can leaving tracks because it doesn't matter, they'll just find me quickly and trap me easily. And since monsters have had to be buffed to compensate if the hunters are incompetent I win 100% of the time, if they are competent I lose 100% of the time. That's it.
I haven't reached stage 3 in 20 games. I barely even bother with stage 2 unless I'm playing kraken.

>guy sees I'm playing kraken before the match
>tells me "kys faggot"
>I defeat the medic very easy,then what seems like all of them
>I turn my back 5seconds and they ALL FUCKING REVIVED

WHAT THE FUCK

"Dying doesn't matter much" is one of the pillars of what you need to appeal to the casual audience user. Don't be surprised.

I can understand that.
I just wish they found another way of doing it rather than just turning every class into a trapper, and the trapper into CC support
It feels like all the classes are kinda the same in a way now. They're much less unique

I'm also kinda upset about there being 7(?) different monsters in the game now, but every game is just wraith after wraith. Sometimes I see a meteor.
That might just be a product of wraith being a noob stomper so it's being picked a lot because there's so many bad players right now.

what surprised me is that even when I smelled them, they didn't appear fucking anywhere in Dome

Oh man I forgot you could use smell, it's so useless now since the hunters are just always chasing you and you can't look for wildlife, you have to pick what's on your escape route.
Just like sneaking, the only use now is to pounce a lone/last hunter.

The respawn timer is just really fast now user. Reviving a teammate also takes no time at all so if you left one of them standing you're fucked.

>turn vsync off because it's trash
>menu runs at over 1000 fps

how do I change that lel

Why is the only badge color unlocked fucking yellow? What level do I get more?
Do I need to buy them? They don't seem to be in the store.
I wouldn't have removed the no-badge badge if I knew my only other options were ugly as shit.

desu what annoys me the most is the invisibility on medic

always when they have few health left, they pop invisiblity then run for cliffs or some remote places

"later down the line" why does this sound like it'll be a paywall