/xsfg/ - XSEED and Friends General, formerly /rfhmg/

MILFactory Never Ever Edition

A general for discussions about games published and developed by XSEED Games/Marvelous USA and their partners, including Rune Factory, Story of Seasons & pre-SOS Harvest Moon, PoPoLoCrois, Ys, The Legend of Heroes and Earth Defense Force 2017/2/4.1

XSeed have announced their E3 2016 lineup and it includes new titles to be localized in the west:
Corpse Party (3DS | Summer 2016)
Exile’s End (PS4, PS Vita, Wii U | Summer 2016)
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (PS4, PS Vita | Winter)
Akiba’s Beat (PS4, PS Vita | Winter 2016)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PS4, PS Vita, Wii U | Fall 2016)
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns (Cherished Friends of Three Villages) (3DS | 2017)
Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity (PS4 | Summer 2016)

XSEED E3 demo: gematsu.com/2016/07/xseed-showcases-e3-2016-demos-story-seasons-trio-towns-trails-cold-steel-ii

Marvelous has announced Story of Seasons: Cherished Friends of Three Villages, currently out in Japan as of June 23 for 3DS systems.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd is being localized for PC in 2017, while Trails of Cold Steel II NA releases for Vita and PS3 are due this fall. Steam and the PS Store currently have sales for TitS and SC.

Ys VIII Vita is set for a June 21 release in Japan, PS4 version in 2017.

Someone ported XSEED's translation of Ys: Memories of Celceta to the Chinese PC version:
mega.nz/#F!HssCDDYZ!QLkmrL0kMhndI3i7fYzIQA

RF/Story of Seasons Stuff
fogu.com/sos1/
pastebin.com/qzgac5X7
docs.google.com/document/d/1uzfx84FBSY50B_mLKDweztBBvbcsA8lzXXSRvOrUVlg/view
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wJAHbfCCha37NPdyzgOQzNQTX-Q2OHRXPWao-gN1AG8/view
mega.nz/#F!adEBFboA!wTzdKkk5KKCppb1N2b_qRw

Falcom music archive:
pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

nhentai.net/g/168010/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Previous Thread:

We actually filled a thread we madmans.

xth for boopfaggotry

>no dating phase
>less heart events
>won't wear a wedding dress
>parents and sister don't attend your wedding
>doesn't live with you after marriage
>no kids

Point at the foxfags. Point at the foxfags and laugh.

Wake up.

>tfw no christmas cake in 3v

I'm so mad.

Remember that whole reverse mermaid thing awhile back?

All the game needs at this point is some kind of ending condition you can trigger after marrying her and it's basically a fox version of that one doujin where a dude's madly in love with his bunnygirl girlfriend, except that nope, he's just delusional and he's been fucking the family pet rabbit all this time.

I try not to.

>spoiler

That is weird and disturbing.

Is there a librarian or bookworm type in 3V?

Not that I've seen. You've got Kasumi who is a teacher though.

Close enough.

>playing SoS for the first time
>first 3 days of tutorial it's a sausage fest with granny on it so no qt waifus
>then on the 4th day you meet Elise

I'm going to marry her and live in her palace castle farm slave house thing!

also
>using regular picture captcha
>instead of choosing egg or pies it tells me to write a number

what is this wizardry.

Hardest bachelorette to marry, good luck.

it was either that or the used goods, but her having a brother that looked EXACTLY like her + a dick made me unconfortable.

Also, I should grab everything i see and have 5 milks for when best girl comes around and sells me a Ohohohorse, right? Is there a size limit on my inventory and on the chests?

>all this people talking about GO
>i'm just worried they might make it a mobile franchise if it succeeds

Could you imagine SoS as a mobile game, with microtransactions and shit.

>must pay or wait to recover stamina
>no waifus because people won't like that

Would be hell.

GO is an inferior normie game and I hope it stays that way as a cash grab for Nintendo to make actual good games.

>it would probably work on real world clock and growing stuff would literally take weeks

I hope not

I'm going to marry this girl.

So it's my first time playing SoS and I chose Normal mode, because I'm a tryhard that plays on the hardest difficulty possible.

How fucked am I and how long until I get to marry qt princess.

You're going to struggle a while, but it'll get easier as you play. Choosing normal mode means you'll have to do a lot of grinding near the end to unlock the last two trade vendors.

>how long until I get to marry qt princess
If you're talking about Elise you'll have to wait until year 3 before you can date her.

>year 3
>3
>year fucking 3

ayylmao. I'll entertain myself with the used goods and the maid nurse until then I guess. At least I'll probably have what she wants by then unless it's some super obscure shit you get by planting certain crops at specific spots at the exact moment she wants to.

I should grab everything I can, right? I've heard it helps with the grind a little.

Sell your gems early on if you need the money. Keep bricks, lumber and stone.
Also make sure you keep at least 5 turnip seeds before spring is over. You need them to make a seed maker and once summer hits the store will no longer sell them.

CHARGE TO 320

CHARGED

>CLEAR!

Cooking festival judge from the last game returns.

>you will never seduce a pirate chef with your cooking
Feels bad.

That chick's hot af.

>best girl in RF4
>can't marry
>only animated scene doesn't include the midriff
>also has swimsuit and is the only can't have that does

Wouldn't be surprised if they dropped her in the rush and was meant to be a marriage candidate.

they better bring her in RF5 as a marriage candidate. with midriff.

I don't know about Illuminata, but the developers mentioned they were originally planning to bring back Minerva from Frontier as a bachelorette in RF4.
They ended up scrapping the idea because they believed bringing back too many old characters would alienate new fans, although that sounds like a stupid excuse.

She and Ellie are the only good elves in the series. You can tell they aren't total sluts like Meg.

Illuminata marrying when.

What about Daria?

I don't think Meg and Daria are promiscuous though.

Maid!

There's never going to be a new RF, is there?

Yeah, I know it was successful and the team still works for Marvelous, but it's been how long since RF4?

Daria'd be all over it if you could convince her it was performance art or somesuch. Lord knows I'd love to use her body as a canvas.

For all the memeging about her Meg's too skittish and self-embarrassed, she'd need some "help" fixing that. Maybe a few nights spent bound to the table at Porco's serving as a living serving platter? Nude performances in the town square? Singing practice while in the public-use stocks (great for concentration development!)? All with a heaping helpling of mind-altering substances to make her feel good while doing it and overwrite that nagging self-perception with pleasurable associations, of course.

BREH

wat

Nice maid butt. I wonder who would have the best butt.

And for some reason the first thing out of my mind was "I bet Dogi the Wallcrusher has a *fantastic* ass." Not gay, but I do have to wonder.

at the final part of the true arena in kirby robobot for the millionth time at only half hp

wish me luck

Oh shit, did not know a new Kirby game had come out and for the 3DS too, I'll have to snag that the second a good sale comes up. And hope you did well.

I did, i killed the fucking thing finally

8% left for 100% completion :3

>select all the food

Robobot is really good.

Well he is able to crush walls so those muscles must be pretty strong.

It's become my favorite entry. It's got so much cool stuff and throwbacks that it's hard not to like it. Good after the mess that was Triple Star, I hated the supernova gimmick. It was boring, just press B and walk forward.

Could you imagine Kirby + Rune Factory?

I have no idea how that could work.

I was worried that the robot would have been another pointless gimmick like the supernova, but they blew my expectations away.

It feels good to get in the robot and start using your powers. Only somewhat boring parts are the mandatory jet/ wheel sections and even those aren't that bad.

>be kirby
>King Dedede tells you to stop being a lazy ass and work for food
>you raise your crops to make tastier food to sell and better crops over and over until you make the ultimate food thing
>metaknight has been tasked with supervising your stuff so you don't keep being such a lazy ass
>also there's monster and dungeon crawling because that what kirby does

good comfy shit would play

I got on it with no expectations and thought "oh boy here we go again"

Then I tried to punch a fire monster and became a flamethrower, and then I got the scizor blade and knew this was going to be fun.

The captcha on my end is autistic for street signs and store fronts. And very picky about what's the right answers.

Walking around with the cutter out and flamethrower on always put a big smile on my face.

I dropped Triple Deluxe after a few days, but I went through all of Robobot without stopping.

Could be like the Souls games where you absorb monster souls/rune energy and use them to improve yourself., so rather than grinding skills by just doing them over and over again you're encouraged to plant giant-ass fields of high-level plants and fight lots of high-level monsters and can then allocate them to skills and stats as you see fit. Some monsters might drop a special skill soul you can equip to use a rune ability, or you use a soul as the catalyst for creating special gear. Throw in some kind of refining ability so you can convert a bunch of shitty low-QL souls of the same type into one of a higher level for extra anti grind aversion.

Kirby-esque soul eating would also be a neat skill combining both healing and attacking, letting you just suck the souls right out of weaker enemies to restore HP.

>Be going through Obsidian Mansion again with Dolce for whatever reason
>Suddenly a whole horde of ghosts appear before you
>Before you can do anything, Dolce steps forwards and opens her mouth, an astral whirlwind raging from within
>The ghosts are torn to ethereal shreds, their whispy remnants swirling through the inferno and into her gullet
>A brief look of contentment comes to her face as her hand reflexively rubs her now-noticeably-distended belly before she suddenly remembers you're watching and she blushes in annoyance and chagrin

>That green text
Lewd

>When you're flippin' through an anticipated lewdie mag and suddenly see the spitting image of Karina

Show don't tell.

Oh hey, some dude translated it in a separate upload too, score

nhentai.net/g/168010/

Wow, that really does look like Karina.

Go is literally a meme game though.

>Almost no gameplay
>Constant data plan requirements
>Literally made off of Ingress assets
>"Hey guys remember how cool Gen 1 is"

And Gen 1 fags are eating it up, goes to show you how they don't even care for the actual series, just the nostalgia factor.

Genwunners are driving the series into the ground. Worst part is they think they are hot shit and that they are always right because they were there from the beginning, even when RBY are glitchy messes not even worthy of release.

GAMEFREAK giving Pokémon to Chunsoft fucking when. Masuda and Tajiri directing the game fucking when.

Not him, but Gamfreak is a mediocre developer that got lucky and struck gold. I'd like to see another team take a crack at a mainline game, but I'm not sure who else can do it without getting a third party involved.

Maybe Monolith Soft?

Genwunners are a pretty sad bunch, hilariously enough, they've existed before Gen 2 even came out.

>dont evolve mewtwo
Ayylmao
You've played Pocket Card Jockey, their new game? It's fun and addicting. They can do things now, but you start running out of gas when you do the same shit 20 years in a row.

Marvelous + Pokémon?

>Marvelous + Pokémon?

>That yappy-ass anklebiter Arcanine

Oh gosh, now I'd seriously love to see something like this.

>Arcanine

That's a Growlithe user.

If there was SoS mon edition I would have a thousand porys. Use their produce and takeover the world with best poke pory.

Pory a best all others cant compare

Triple Deluxe's final bosses were what made the game for me, the game's climax was pretty satisfying, and I felt triple deluxe has the better final boss themes then Robobot

Oh, right, though not like there was much of a difference between them besides Arcanine being larger and less puppyish IIRC. Been years since I've touched the games.

Sectonia's theme is the bee's knees but you can't tell me that second part of the fight with the superthing was better than fucking Nova returning. That shit made my heart pump.

They're both good, and yeah I got really excited during THAT moment, but the climax against Sectonia was great as World to Win kicks in and the sun rises in the background.

The supernova gimmick ruined the fight for me tbqh. It's a shame, because the rest of the game is really fun.

Has anyone here managed to be dating all 6 bachelorettes in RF4 at once?

I didn't mind the supernova gimmick, it made for some interesting puzzles that weren't based around keeping a certain power to a certain part of the level like Kirby 64 does all the damn time

I am right now. Is the RNG giving you bullshit? Best time to ask is right after the LP has gone up another level (savescumming may be needed).

When I first heard of Pokemon Go, I thought it was a Pokemon take on Go:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game)

It's just me or are we talking about other games more and more lately.

I mean, I like you guys so I don't mind talking about non-xseed stuff, but it's kind of sad we get nothing general related to talk about.

There's 3V info, but it's barely trickling at present.

If Japan spoke English and if there was no region locking, it'd probably be a lot more active.

Well the 3V/ToT iplaythrough s coming along rather slowly for me. Only just reached the end of summer and nothing eventful has happened.

If there's anything you guys want pictures of just let me know and I'll take them if I can and deliver tomorrow.
It's getting late on my end..

nice try.

More of the town of the twin waifus would be nice. I'm also curious what their home looks like.

Also, do characters walk around and "talk" to eachother like they do in SoS?

>Also, do characters walk around and "talk" to each other like they do in SoS?

Yes. Some NPCs still hang out with each other if it's part of their schedule.

Waine and Ford both head to the restaurant at noon to eat and talk. You can even get some of their events that way. I never imagined those two would be friends.

When it gets later in the day and Kasumi gets out from work she'll sometimes be visited by Komari. I've also seen them greet each other with a wave as the other passes by.

If you start the day by going straight to kasumi's place, before 7 am hits, she invites uou for breakfast and gives you a favorite dish of hers. I think it was mushroom rice.

Cool. I din't like how in earlier HMs and all RFs sans 3 and 4 how no one really seems to interact with eachother.

Although maybe they do in ANB?

I'm pretty sure characters do interact in RFF and some HMs, like how Karen goes to hang out at Rick's house in FoMT.

That's pretty cool.

>pokeymans lived to 20 years
>it now even has a successful mobile game catered to genwunners
>the better game died 2 years ago
>the last game was a mobile game that only lived for 3 years

Virtual cockfighting with near-mythical creatures should be like real life cockfighting, not some pansy-ass battle system that's basically comparing whose creature has a bigger penis.

I'm mad and sad.

Sometimes I see people in other places talk about reading 3V's script, that means it's been dumped right? Anyone know where I can find it?

I wish Pokemon was more like Phantasy Star Online or Rune Factory: realtime. Not quite like that Pokken thing.