/pgg/ Pokemon Go General

MYSTIC MASTER RACE EDITION

Where do you plan on going today to catch Pokemon?

>About the game
pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

>What is it?
Pokemon Go can be described simply as the Geocaching of Pokemon. Grab your smartphone, get some exercise, catch some mons, battle some people - the usual Pokemon gig.

>Some questions answered
pastebin.com/YP458esi
Feel free to add more to the pastebin, keep it in the OP though.

Basic info:
As you traverse the real world, as represented on the in-game map, you'll occasionally run into tufts of rustling grass. Approaching these will end with a Pokémon appearing on the map, and clicking on it will initiate a battle.

Battles aren't between two Pokémon, though. They're between a Pokémon and your ability to swipe a Poké Ball in their direction. When you engage a Poké Ball, a colored ring will appear around the opponent. These change in size after each capture attempt. Throwing a Ball during a smaller window seems to be more effective, based on our time with the game, but that's a part we're still trying to figure out.
Going near water will attract water Pokémon. Playing at night brings out more nocturnal creatures, like Clefairy and Gastly.
Hatching Eggs: Each Egg displays the number of kilometers you must walk for the Egg to hatch. In general, the more kilometers required, the rarer the Pokémon that will hatch. A notification will appear when the Egg has hatched.
Make sure you have the Pokémon GO app open while you walk. Kilometers walked when the Pokémon GO app is closed won’t count toward hatching your Eggs.
Gyms: Fight at your team's gym to train and increase it's reputation. Fight at other team's to decrease their reputation. Tap your opponent to hit them, swipe left or right to dodge attacks, once one or more blue bars are filled, tap and hold to power up your secondary attack, release when the smaller blue bar fills up. Take over other teams' gyms and put your mons in to defend them.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/1zYMXSa.png
mmoserverstatus.com/pokemon_go
google.it/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZit-lGaO9-1J6Uf65YuTORp1XN6IfGeWEnvOKKT06yPZ_1ckhP7XRBR_1nJEvlKxHT-nIqXoRf8cqtdqKyaFsPBOF1iV2TLAAKEl2-aiEtAEAkNC4DBfS23X0wzycoYWEkZn6xEl-LC44KcdReytenDppVjGEqIpNhsTl-HkwBQZ7wob_1quOHs8p_1fm3MFG0E_1XDTWYPE842b71L4lxhJzwYXdwWVvE_1od0PQy2IL9G7ULeaivf17kFjm3u3gS0V8P82KCuIPC3uazUL1juZ1zLf_1UB0pQhN_14sEaSGQpYKfDrrhorSqKeXD5mzUawBiROkbivCIA03sBgRYavQHbOfXVpKjR_1Q8lgfKcfrTbS6w3SX3dHCk2uHhkH9B7zyEdiXdMTPwQumU7pt-svZYhQtMA4z8kdf_1d7x46jCRuFaMoILqfKG3iTPn4q2RCTAgnc8_1JzVswFsOJD2xqksv6_14F2cj5Eu31XBajE-dLrem7PmSlR7P_1PAhPg9tOmRxVZUjJxH7mUwgW0oDu0ki28INliXM8zNsheKurISFTuoDzUi02Xsy4E7Q1DioKtvIP1NBuMRIfJRWiNpw26StKPm_1Ub5jwmcVpzlBYuGcFzEuEW4oX0M4C_1bIqH1NPKY7_1C965t7TNPkA9e2dYVs12cULNBt5WO7qrOoL9RkAGdKtGqIWjMlJlBK2KJnWtLMHHORuKHSrDLMCTgHFmOgYVriTZNEtLA4qDRajGQGclRIi2gucMYBTejpAhas4KMP13nbsW4k6mlPgjoZFE3cf1DcKkbMBc57TgIGQJr9Qv0vs9xM1wxOUSfsmrPG1DYWPR2KA4bGBeUrqyNnO75ZibQ59WM7Unh4ZhKlghNpsakSjC_1IVv8SXCZuXkw_1Z5li93K2vdcFUMfo7biFYEZ-yItXKvI4mA6h7D8dxWjTKE8KR68UkDYlsPcYNqTsSNy958VnyKUeOnCwZ_1uyCZmgUxkbGA7icsGoX-GIiYLwnEXW-DxgAFUwuDnkxGNNDau7FyHjI9X368emipjMvxZJ5Qa02Q2Yq54UTWlMmvd_1njRt4nzeIg7bPf4cTcWXlIXkXLAQGwwR1wl_14udi-2pbpFzLvw_1ad5f_1ogEwvYejSjTEEHCv-d7i0b4sBtjpGVo4k9403c7WVFOamDVbPeOtrQEWTIC4XM8fRijpMjZVqoVk1IT8z-Ob3uLh_1bYLMGVo1MPRnoMwrmjQn1CHAh-E2KgZWVVqc1Xd_1qgMaB7EAfwOHpHmXlClINZyGt7mDKBc3jtprkqbTPOhDGKPLg3qY8cstaDbypeGoRXpYli08DJyYlepJwYI2SVtyKdoqY1pBWEA2dF7b3pIb7wioF84NyP5GqaJ0n9vWOVRWTGRfa-PsP2-6BHF5v3KXUe-Z4Wns0LzTd2klvoI11Fvn-dwN_1cpD_1xEzaRfzFge4hHRvZrgLxSgmFS2F8RTfnwGdy4Htftd6HySj4usNKs4Icc2runpKd8QPmrnEg&gws_rd=cr&ei=x16CV_KuGYbcUcKlpfAM
youtube.com/watch?v=vO0Bx-AkhOc
pastebin.com/spEFYmPw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for does move type matter?

It's a beautiful night

You're looking for something dumb to do?

Hey children, I think he dropped a lure for you

:)

Yes

i.imgur.com/1zYMXSa.png

mmoserverstatus.com/pokemon_go
put these in the next op

Just caught a Mew ;)

Check under the garbage truck ;)

>don my finest evening attire
>begin my nightly stroll to catch em all
>pass by the same females from last night
>they cross the road to avoid me
>head towards the direction they came from
>catch dratini

heh jokes on them

How can you tell a gym is friendly? Im team mystic and i see a gym with blue light above it but i can only challenge it and not train.

I'm in Canada and Pokemon Go isn't released yet, if I get the APK and then Pokemon GO get's released in my country, will my shit be saved??

Haven't battled at my own gym yet, do I have to still dump sprays and revives even after battling there?

The whole lack of a poke clinic irks me. I don't like having limited resources that can be purchased.

Mewtwo event in times square next weekend

what the fuck are you a hacker

its tied to your account, so yes

So is a dragonite with dragon breath and fire punch pretty good because of the type coverage?

legendaries aren't in game
if you're here to shitpost just go back to /v/ or reddit

Imagine how insane it would be if they added special events. Mewtwo in times square and literally tens of thousands of people will flock there.

Fast, post your lightest pokemon.

no you fucking newfag, someone posted them in the last threads

What's the best way to gain experience?

POST TOP 12'S

>I don't like having limited resources that can be purchased.
Is this your first mobage?

I'm 12 and what is this?

lucky egg when you have loads to evolve.

I wonder.. i work for the NASA and if i take Pokemon GO to the ISS with me, do you think all of the eggs will hatch instantly due to the orbiting speed?

woah just like the worldwide trailer from weeks ago!!!

i'd be pretty fucking mad, not everyone can afford thousands of euros of travel to get a pokemon

what the fuck how is it that impossibly light

Heh, guess not every trainer is meant to be one of the greats...

*takes off fedora and throws it towards the hat rack without looking and it lands perfectly*

Unfortunately yes, can't you tell by the obvious discomfort?

How about, I dont like having resources that are SO limited.

jesus christ what fucking level are you and how did you get to said level so fast I get a pokemon at 400 cp and I think he's hot shit

I'm still kind of confused why Hyper Beam is a base 70 attack but I suppose I'll have to accept that this is just Niantic rewriting the Pokemon games to fit.

>tfw powerleveled from 14.75 to 17 in 30 minutes but now you're out of pokeballs and pokestops refuse to give more than 1 ball

I've got enough potions already!

What country?

>Mystic

you can get the birds at level 20. People around you cant see them though unlike other pokemanz

Level 15. Ausfag so I got a headstart

I know this place that has 4 pokestops right next to each other. If I went there and used an incense, lure, and lucky egg, I'd be getting a fuck ton of exp right? Has anyone done anything like this yet?

I mean I downloaded the apk when it was leaked from aussy land but between work and being too tired to hike after work I've only managed to hit level 7 what the hell am I doing wrong

Yeah uh sorry the grind kind of took off so 600 - 800 CP is kind of the norm now. People have reached 1.5 - 1.8 CP.

And damn I really want that 2k Scyther screenshot.

Then you're in for a grind unfortunately. Either you spend time or money, ...or both.

>mom dying
>phone vibrates
>pic related
>sorry mom, i need this, give me a sec

like anyone is going to believe you
fuck off

Wow fuck that guy

I'd probably shoot him

Fuck man, im level 14 and my highest is 782. WHats the magic?

People discovered powergrinding. Powergrinding ensued. Jumping up to level 15 is really fast. That's about the gist of it.

google.it/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZit-lGaO9-1J6Uf65YuTORp1XN6IfGeWEnvOKKT06yPZ_1ckhP7XRBR_1nJEvlKxHT-nIqXoRf8cqtdqKyaFsPBOF1iV2TLAAKEl2-aiEtAEAkNC4DBfS23X0wzycoYWEkZn6xEl-LC44KcdReytenDppVjGEqIpNhsTl-HkwBQZ7wob_1quOHs8p_1fm3MFG0E_1XDTWYPE842b71L4lxhJzwYXdwWVvE_1od0PQy2IL9G7ULeaivf17kFjm3u3gS0V8P82KCuIPC3uazUL1juZ1zLf_1UB0pQhN_14sEaSGQpYKfDrrhorSqKeXD5mzUawBiROkbivCIA03sBgRYavQHbOfXVpKjR_1Q8lgfKcfrTbS6w3SX3dHCk2uHhkH9B7zyEdiXdMTPwQumU7pt-svZYhQtMA4z8kdf_1d7x46jCRuFaMoILqfKG3iTPn4q2RCTAgnc8_1JzVswFsOJD2xqksv6_14F2cj5Eu31XBajE-dLrem7PmSlR7P_1PAhPg9tOmRxVZUjJxH7mUwgW0oDu0ki28INliXM8zNsheKurISFTuoDzUi02Xsy4E7Q1DioKtvIP1NBuMRIfJRWiNpw26StKPm_1Ub5jwmcVpzlBYuGcFzEuEW4oX0M4C_1bIqH1NPKY7_1C965t7TNPkA9e2dYVs12cULNBt5WO7qrOoL9RkAGdKtGqIWjMlJlBK2KJnWtLMHHORuKHSrDLMCTgHFmOgYVriTZNEtLA4qDRajGQGclRIi2gucMYBTejpAhas4KMP13nbsW4k6mlPgjoZFE3cf1DcKkbMBc57TgIGQJr9Qv0vs9xM1wxOUSfsmrPG1DYWPR2KA4bGBeUrqyNnO75ZibQ59WM7Unh4ZhKlghNpsakSjC_1IVv8SXCZuXkw_1Z5li93K2vdcFUMfo7biFYEZ-yItXKvI4mA6h7D8dxWjTKE8KR68UkDYlsPcYNqTsSNy958VnyKUeOnCwZ_1uyCZmgUxkbGA7icsGoX-GIiYLwnEXW-DxgAFUwuDnkxGNNDau7FyHjI9X368emipjMvxZJ5Qa02Q2Yq54UTWlMmvd_1njRt4nzeIg7bPf4cTcWXlIXkXLAQGwwR1wl_14udi-2pbpFzLvw_1ad5f_1ogEwvYejSjTEEHCv-d7i0b4sBtjpGVo4k9403c7WVFOamDVbPeOtrQEWTIC4XM8fRijpMjZVqoVk1IT8z-Ob3uLh_1bYLMGVo1MPRnoMwrmjQn1CHAh-E2KgZWVVqc1Xd_1qgMaB7EAfwOHpHmXlClINZyGt7mDKBc3jtprkqbTPOhDGKPLg3qY8cstaDbypeGoRXpYli08DJyYlepJwYI2SVtyKdoqY1pBWEA2dF7b3pIb7wioF84NyP5GqaJ0n9vWOVRWTGRfa-PsP2-6BHF5v3KXUe-Z4Wns0LzTd2klvoI11Fvn-dwN_1cpD_1xEzaRfzFge4hHRvZrgLxSgmFS2F8RTfnwGdy4Htftd6HySj4usNKs4Icc2runpKd8QPmrnEg&gws_rd=cr&ei=x16CV_KuGYbcUcKlpfAM

quality post now kill yourself

Current top 12. Still power levelling my character before upgrading my pokes

Will suck dick for good rock and electric mons

Guys there's a gym somewhere on the potomac river but I cant fucking sail a kayak

whats the method? egg hatching? bouncing between pokestops? Incense + lure? All of the above at once?

there is literally a whole board for this now fuck off

Snorlax was a egg hatch so I used all the candies that came with. Egg hatches = bulk candy

Well, time I have and I'm fairly athletic and mobile.

Unfortunately though, like a tard, I just learned yesterday that you have to click on the grass spots to activate them, not just walk near/on them.

Better get a mon that knows swim

>Feel free to add more to the pastebin, keep it in the OP though.
How am I going to keep it in the OP if that paste is not editable?

>he actually have to google the picture to realize it's a joke post
i hope most of the P:GO players aren't as dumb as you

>add more
>put new paste in

Damn I'm jelly of that nidorino. Gonna evolve into a mean nidoking from that cp

>tfw all these cityfags have pokes with CP's over 1k
>meanwhile I'm sitting here in the country happy that I just managed to get one of my rattatas over 100

If you have a nice concentration of pokestops and people are activating lures, then you stay there and farm the stops while catching common pokemon like pidgeys, caterpies, and such.

You hoard one type of pokemon so you can get as many candies for that pokemon as possible. When you get enough to evo a large number of those pokemon, you pop a lucky egg, then evo them all. Large exp burst ensues.

If you can match this up to an egg hatch, even better. If you focus on catching pidgeys and avoid "new pokemon", then when the egg hatches, you have a slightly better chance of getting the "new pokemon" exp bonus as well.

>implying googling something takes more than clicking on a fucking link
thanks for proving you a shitposter

>implying I made the new thread

I've been posting an updated paste in the end of the last thread to get posted in the OP and it didn't so I'll just keep posting it in the thread when I update it until it gets added to the OP

FEMALE OR MALE AVATAR? FUCK

Look on the bright side, if you have a gym and pokespot, technically you too, can get pokes over 1k CP.

Powerleveling to level 10 isn't actually that hard at all. Being able to control a gym will help substantially for defender bonus. If you can flip gyms quickly and consistently, even better. But even without, you can slowly hoard rattatas and do the evo/lucky egg grind.

Granted it wears down on your sanity.

oh I get it, so since I have a density of pidgey and weedle close to my house I should be farming them up and instead of trading them off for the +1 candy evolving them since the amount to go to stage 2 is so small

fucking smart, why the hell did I think of that

I only just started.

So whats a good phone and data plan for this game for someone who doesnt have either

Spain.

Does tapping the screen do anything? The blue circle thing.

Yeahhh. Fuck this grindy ass game.

Don't think so. It's just the game's way of telling you are tapping the ground and not a gym/stop/poke

Well at first you trade them off as soon as you get them, since to evolve you need a large amount of candy anyways (12 per Pidgey). It's only after you've gotten a good stack of Pidgey that you should actually go about with using the lucky egg and evoing a full batch.

Say you have 144 candy, then you go and catch 12 more pidgeys, evo them all at once.
12 * 1000 = 12k exp right there. Of course really you want to collect more than that, but how many you should collect is dependent on how easily you can get lucky eggs.

Level 10 to 12 costs 20k exp, but that's where you start to get Great Balls. Level 12 to 15 is 35k exp total meanwhile. By then you'll start to see higher CP monsters.

The blue circle is for zooming in and out. Push it once to make the blue thing appear, then press and hold and move around to zoom in and out.

just transfer 3 of every 4. you catch

49 pidgeys will make 13 pidgeottos.

I'd say make sure you're prepped before you start. Don't want to waste any time transferring during egg time.

I did 41 evolves in 30 minutes last night

wew, bulbafag near my home

>Say you have 144 candy, then you go and catch 12 more pidgeys

144 candies can actually evolve 13 pidgeys
>evolve first 12
>transfer all resulting pidgeottos
>evolve 13th pidgey

How long did it take you to prep the batch of 41. I'm just sort of curious, after we worked out how many Pidgey it'd take to hit tentative level cap last thread.

How do I into spoofing? I don't leave the house often due to being dirty dum neetfag scum and all my friends are leaving me in the dust. I can't deal.

hiperAYYo

aYY

Will they add in pvp because its fucking boring when your not driving a car around the block. Also if my pokemon reaches thr exp line does it evole or do i still need 50 candies? Hope they add more pokemon in areas

It wasn't all pidgey. I just waitied until I had a bunch of everything to evolve. But it was maybe a day and a half.

I actually wasn't super efficient about it b/c I didn't hear about the method until yesterday and had been transferring my pidgeys and other pokes while just keeping the strongest to evolve.

Then started keeping everything I caught before transferring.

Here's what I actually evolved-

venonat:1
spearow: 2
evee:1
oddish:1
nidoran male:1
nidoran female: 1
rattata:7
pidgeys: 15
caterpie: 2
weedle:10

Starting: level 14 (11262/15000)
Ending: level 17 (262/20000)

Mm that's right. In any case, with level 25 being at 715k..."endgame" is definitely going to hit by the end of the month.

youtube.com/watch?v=vO0Bx-AkhOc

rad description

>Mewtwo in times square and literally tens of thousands of people will flock there.

so pretty much Times Square on a normal day

will they even add pvp in the future? if not then this game will die like ingress did because it was boring as shit with nothing to do but capture and recapture portals all over again

What the fuck, I just leveled up but I didn't get any balls. Be careful of leveling up and getting a medal at the same time, I feel like that's what fucked me.

>no pvp
dropped. this was such a cool concept too god damnit why

V3 of pastebin info.
Added information about servers and shit.
Bunch of FAQ too.
V4 is in the works.

pastebin.com/spEFYmPw

Just came from from a hour walk, and there are few things they need to fix .

My game froze like 20 times, I was listening to a podcast at the same time tho. anyone have the same problem?
The freaking 1 hp glitch.
And have the ability to make stops or put in a suggestion for a stop, I saw like 5 arty places that could be stops on my walk.

They said they'll add in PvP, they're just "figuring out the best way to implement it"

Meanwhile, how the fuck are we supposed to get gyms if people are grinding way too damn hard I can't keep up I have shit to do fuck

Nintendo can't be having this game be better than their main series, kouhai.

It's...five days after initial release? It's too soon to really say what Niantic will do. Trading seems to be the only confirmed addition, but they still have to roll out the rest of the regions and deal with the increased server load when people play in the Asia region on top of EU/NA.

And they also have to fix all of the existing bugs. So updates will probably take a fair bit of time.

You don't get balls when you reach level 5, for some reason. It's the only level that has this.

they should have kept the classic pokemon games mode for battles, gyms and pokemon training

Can you add the XP grinding method to the pastebin?

I would love it if my gps would stop disconnecting every like 4 minutes.
It takes like 5 minutes to fix, and then I will be just standing there 200 feet behind where I am now within 5 minutes.

>And have the ability to make stops or put in a suggestion for a stop,

It won't happen any time soon. Not after the Ingress fiasco.

>implying the game won't have any updates in near future

Ingress is out for years now and it's still boring as fuck, it didn¨t changed at all since the release day. So it's pretty safe to assume they will fuck up pokemon go too, unless that pokemon owner company wakes up and cracks its whip on those incompetent ninantic fucks