/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, July 10th:
48 BC – Battle of Dyrrhachium: Julius Caesar barely avoids a catastrophic defeat by Pompey in Macedonia.
138 – Emperor Hadrian dies of heart failure at Baiae; he is buried at Rome in the Tomb of Hadrian beside his late wife, Vibia Sabina.
645 – Isshi Incident: Prince Naka-no-Ōe and Fujiwara no Kamatari assassinate Soga no Iruka during a coup d'état at the imperial palace.

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 13 - Warrior Women
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-2-dd-13-pagans-advisors-and-warrior-women.955632/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.1 - 20/06/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=614560728&searchtext=
hip.zijistark.com/releases/latest.pl
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

faggot

Going for a world record

Incoming steamgroup butthurt.

>Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.
What did he mean by this?

proper thrad with darkest hour

Someone make a proper thread

Reminder that the steamgroup falseflags as "HPMIDF" and as his R&I boogeymen.

So when paradox is coming back to fix HoI4?

August I think

Never

>Ck2
>Playing as glorious Léon.
>Kill my brothers and take over North Iberia through inheritance.
>allaccordingtoplan.jpg
>Start my Holy war against the mudshits
>My 5000 stack easily kills his 3000
>Shattered retreat
>Follow and crush him
>Shattered retreat
>Kill them again
>Shattered retreat
>Say fuck it and start sieging
>Suddenly he returns with +8000 troops
>mfw

What the fuck is this bullshit ?
Why did paracucks think this was a good idea ?

Just disable it

There he is. There he goes again
Look everyone he posted it once again. Isn't he just the funniest guy around. Oh my god.
I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room giggling like a little girl as you once again type your little report and ignore post up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha, maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Veeky Forums pass so you can post faster. I imagine you, little shit, laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos onto the floor. But its ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh that's right, did I fail to mention? You live with your mother! You're a fat fucking fuck up and she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all god damn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Veeky Forums being a wannabe janitor. Just imagine this, she had you and then she thought you were going to be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand and then you became a NEET. A pathetic /gsg/fag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even talk try to you because all you say is "REMINDER TO REPORT AND IGNORE SHITPOSTING".
You became a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now.
And that's all you'll ever be.

don't be so down, they are coming back for their money

>playing with shattered retreat

They already got the money.

I can just turn it off ?
Fuck that's a load of my mind, thanks user's

see, they found out that ck2 was one of their most fun to play games.
they wouldn't have that, otherwise newfags would think that this company has standards and would expect quality.
so they fill it with features from one of their most unfun games they ever released so that nobody will ever remember how fun ck2 used to be back in the day when legacy of rome was released.

You can disable that shit in defines.lua

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=614560728&searchtext=

Look everyone he posted it once again. Isn't he just the funniest guy around. Oh my god.
I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room giggling like a little girl as you once again type your little report and ignore post up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha, maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Veeky Forums pass so you can post faster. I imagine you, little shit, laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos onto the floor. But its ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh that's right, did I fail to mention? You live with your mother! You're a fat fucking fuck up and she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all god damn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Veeky Forums being a wannabe janitor. Just imagine this, she had you and then she thought you were going to be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand and then you became a NEET. A pathetic /gsg/fag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even talk try to you because all you say is "REMINDER TO REPORT AND IGNORE SHITPOSTING".
You became a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now.

>was one of their most fun to play games.
It's only fun if you start as a count and gets boring as soon as you get to emperor/kind

Dont let the shills win

So what's a fun nation in EU4?

Kill yourself

It's pretty obvious it's them considering how they are.spamming the first reply.

>genuine op
>no darkest hour a game that many play on /gsg/

You can still talk about DH here, no one's stopping you nigger.
You are just trying it to use it to get people to post in your thread wars. Fuck off.

This.
Literally no one but the steamgroup cares, the proof is this thread. It has more posters and more IPs.

Can someone give me a link for HIP ?

don't reply yo bait

Brandenburg

Not everyhting is a fucking conspiracy you fucking idiot. Why would you even remove DH from the OP but leave the fuckin EU Rome in it? Fucking kill yourself

>implying

I didnt notice its missing DH actually, i simply saw one big and one butchered OP

Following his victory in Bathaniyya, Baudouin begins to emphasize a shift in the administration of his newly conquered territories, to a model less feudal and more centralized. His vassals are encouraged to expect that there will always be an Aleramici King on the throne, and that they must always deal with an Aleramici; that it behooves his vassals to trust the Aleramici and serve them faithfully, because only the Aleramici might reward them for their service. This goes beyond the mere authority of the monarch, which has, for the past several decades, been roughly balanced with that of the nobility; this is about centralization, about encouraging his vassals to remember that his House holds the Kingdom and always will, about gathering power in the hands of the monarch.

Or, at least, that is what Baudouin expects the shift to do. In reality, it gives his vassals just as much right to centralize power in their own families' hands over time. The decision might not be so well-regarded in the future.

Also, sorrowfully, it is at this time that Baudouin learns of the death of his mother, Botokhui Borjigin. Her strong body held on for many years following the onset of her illness, but in the end her mind never recovered. After a long atrophy, Botokhui finally passed from the world to join her Aubry in heaven above.

Botokhui will be known to history as the "Mother of Jerusalem," and she will share, alongside her predecessor Eirene Komnenos, the unique distinction of being a shared ancestor of every Aleramici King of Jerusalem, for no male dynastic line of the Aleramici in Jerusalem can exist without being descended from both her blood and that of Eirene.

As per her own wishes and the wishes of her husband Aubry, Botokhui is buried beside him in the family crypt, with the coffin of their infant son Temoudjine placed atop her own.

hip.zijistark.com/releases/latest.pl

Thanks fämalam

t. falseflagger
literally not in any fucking steamgroup you faggot

Why do many feels Aaron
Fuck you for the feels

Best China coming up.

>mfw Willy got cucked to Africa as usual.

And now, i will reclaim Russian Empire as Transamur.

23th war for council powers.

WHEN does it end? HOW do I put a stop to these endless wars that I've always won?

Is that KR?

>that china blob
Why

RIP Boto

Never, they will fight until you give them what they want

Yeah thats KR mate.
>that blob
Rightful Chinese clay user. From puppet to GP in 5 years.

But china is big enough already.

Just share the power nigga

Pontifex Maximus Stephanus X, presumably entirely misled about the location of Yemen or its population of Christians, nevertheless declares a Crusade there to free it from the infidel.

Although calling Yemen a poor territory would be a true understatement, Baudouin is nevertheless interested in participating in the Crusade, if for no other reason than that it might stop the constant expansion of Aegyptus into the Arabian peninsula, and expand Christianity further still. Although he still shakes his head over the target of the Crusade, Baudouin nevertheless pledges for it immediately.

>air wing bug
Fix your shit paradox

>blobbing in mecca and yemen
STOP

>crusade for Yemen
Nice work meneth

>steamworkshop download doesn't work with HoI4
Fuck you too paradox

Let us finish our vacations goy

>Teutonic Order in the middle of hejaz
Holy shit, what an absolute fucking meme

Meneth's mod

That's actually Medina, just to make it better.

Mecca and Medina have also been Catholic (as in their populations have embraced Catholicism) cities for over 30 years.

Hello fellow gamers, I've come here with a dilemma I'm facing which I hope you lot can shed some light on. Despite my best efforts at customising my PC gaming rig, perfecting the Whip AND the Nae Nae, and displaying my knowledge of Dank Memes none of the girls in my school seem very interested in entering a romantic relationship with me, and instead go for loud tall nasty brutes and Black Guys (Just to assure you, I'm not racist and I fully appreciate Black People and Black Culture. My favourite artists are Silento and Tupac who I prefer over my last favourite rapper who was Tyler The Creator because he respects women more) with bigger jaws and hands than me.

I asked my mum and my best friend (Who I have a secret crush on, but despite buying her lunch every day she still hasn't confessed her possible love to me) about this and I learnt from them that appearances do not matter, so why am I still without a girlfriend? I am kind, helpful, intelligent, and I don't pose a threat to anyone especially women. What do I do? Do I need to increase my dabbing by 100%? I've recently received £50 from my granddad for my birthday and I was thinking of buying a new Minecraft hoodie off the internet with my mums permission, could that impress the geek and gamer girls? I wish to hear your thoughts guys.

That's disgusting and retarded. Thanks meneth.

Predictably, Jerusalem is one of the few states that is even able to reach Yemen, and the trek to the distant territory is a difficult one even for them. Nevertheless, Baudouin and Prince Aubry the Elder make it to the capital at Sa'naa and engage with the forces of the Ayyubid Sultan Amr.

During the fighting Baudouin engages and personally captures Sultan Amr, bringing the entire Crusade to an end before the battle is even completed. For his heroic personal efforts, the Pontiff grants him the Kingdom of Yemen.

Pls convert to sunni

>Crusader military religious order holding territory on the frontier of expansion against Islam

I don't see the problem here

I think that holy cities such as Mecca and Rome shouldn't be converted unless you hold it for 400 years and it should spawn big as fuck rebels

shit blog how do I unsubscribe

That's retarded, railroady, and isn't nearly what happened in real life

What about cities that are shared between faiths then

no

No, it isn't

Retarded is to treat the center of islam or catholicism like its nothing and imply pops don't care about it at all

>an european order holding territory in the middle of nomadic territory
The roman empire couldn't defeat the nomads,

I agree there should be some penalty to conversion but 400 years is excessive
Constantinople didn't take near so long to become a Muslim city

But you genocide the pops user
Do you even holy war

Yes it did, there was a fuckton of orthodox even in the 17th century

Besides a lot of people ran from it during conquest

>genociding
>lords barely know their own realm or how many people there are
>not nearly enough control or people to do it

>caring what memers say

Don't play past 2.45.

>desert
>sparse areas where few pops are forced to live around water sources
Yeah nah.

>implying foreigners will have an easy time finding these places
>implying they won't mostly die in the desert
>implying these water sources are always obvious

>implying you arent muslim scum
Checkmate.

Not an argument.

Indeed.
Its a fact.

Not an argument either.

Stop blobbing in the ME.
Pls.

Crusader kingdoms only succeeded because of tolerance, it hurt my autism to see stupid shit like that.

Why every AAR turns in some /pol/tier shit.

Saying "not an argument" isn't an argument.

Saying "Saying "not an argument" isn't an argument." isn't an argument.

yes it is

Indeed.
It's a fact.

>one muslim comes to thread
>all arguments go to shit
>facts end up in trash
Why didnt Europe get rid of muslims after middle ages?

>a successful and prosperous crusader kingdom wouldn't try to establish Christian buffer states
Lmao

They wouldn't
The only reason any crusader state prospered was tolerance

are we reddit now?

Had the Aegyptians not monopolized the Hijaz it is possible that Baudouin could have administrated Yemen on his own, but as things stand, with the only naval forces available to him in the Red Sea originating in the Sinai, the lone port of Elim, and a few fishing boats provided from al-Jawf, he knows there is no way that Jerusalem might actually retain control of the territory. The matter, then, comes to a decision: who to grant it to?

The King briefly contemplates granting the title to Gerardino Aleramici, his distant relative and the husband of his daughter Bourgogne, but dismisses the idea; Gerardino is Italian and the entirety of his noble vassalage would be French, causing the same problems Aegyptus experienced back when it, too, was under Aleramici hands.

The choice, then, must be between his two sons. And, unfortunately, this is no real choice either; by law, only a pittance of titles might be granted to his eldest son prior to his own death, so that they might be equally divided. Therefore, in spite of Prince Aubry the Younger being the elder of his two sons, Baudouin must grant the title of King of Yemen to his younger (albeit more talented) son, Adalbert.

In addition to the Kingdom of Yemen, one other Crusader state is established in the region: Drzislav's Crusaders, a band of rabble from Croatia, seize the castle of Zufar in eastern Yemen and proclaim themselves independent from the Kingdom of Yemen, although aligned with it. Baudouin finds them annoying, but leaves them as a problem for his son Adalbert to handle.

But the actual Crusaders in real life expanded their territories
Establishing friendly states on your borders doesn't preclude being tolerant of your own populace
I don't see how there's any "/pol/tier shit" going on

>now
lad...

>lad
we get it dude, you go on Veeky Forums

>we get it dude, you go on Veeky Forums
we get it dude, you go on Veeky Forums

Ha ha, oh man, that picture is too funny, my gamer.

don't try so hard to fit in next time and you wont get embarassed

What he still inherit some of your lands after your death? Why not just wait until you died?

G'day me lad mates, I saw someone in the last thread mention an HoI4 mod of American Empire.
Please make this happen and I promise to the Johan above I will purchase this meme game.

JAKE FEATHERSTON WHEN DAMNYANKEES GO HOME