Pokemon Go General /pgg/

>his main is less than 800CP Edition

About the game
pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

>What is it?
Pokemon Go can be described simply as the Geocaching of Pokemon. Grab your smartphone, get some exercise, catch some mons, battle some people - the usual Pokemon gig.

>Some questions answered
pastebin.com/YP458esi
Feel free to add more to the pastebin, keep it in the OP though.

Basic info:
As you traverse the real world, as represented on the in-game map, you'll occasionally run into tufts of rustling grass. Approaching these will end with a Pokémon appearing on the map, and clicking on it will initiate a battle.

Battles aren't between two Pokémon, though. They're between a Pokémon and your ability to swipe a Poké Ball in their direction. When you engage a Poké Ball, a colored ring will appear around the opponent. These change in size after each capture attempt. Throwing a Ball during a smaller window seems to be more effective, based on our time with the game, but that's a part we're still trying to figure out.
Going near water will attract water Pokémon. Playing at night brings out more nocturnal creatures, like Clefairy and Gastly.
Hatching Eggs: Each Egg displays the number of kilometers you must walk for the Egg to hatch. In general, the more kilometers required, the rarer the Pokémon that will hatch. A notification will appear when the Egg has hatched.
Make sure you have the Pokémon GO app open while you walk. Kilometers walked when the Pokémon GO app is closed won’t count toward hatching your Eggs.
Gyms: Fight at your team's gym to train and increase it's reputation. Fight at other team's to decrease their reputation. Tap your opponent to hit them, swipe left or right to dodge attacks, once one or more blue bars are filled, tap and hold to power up your secondary attack, release when the smaller blue bar fills up. Take over other teams' gyms and put your mons in to defend them.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/au/news/police-suspect-pokemon-go-players-targeted-in-series-of-armed-robberies/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for should I use my incense at home or outside?

What does the XS mean next to weight? What does it effect?

Should I waste stardust on base pokemon or save it for when theyre fully evolved?

WHat's the best spoofing app for Android/Iphone? Where should I spoof too?

in your home
1 pokemon every 5 mins

I had the issue of not being able to use a lure.

I was sitting on the bench that was the god-damned pokestop, and it still told me I wasn't in the right place for the lure. It was greyed out.

Why the best pokemon only show up at 3 am and move places 5 times before you catch them?

post epic pictures of your team

Who's playing on hard mode here?

Are these good for Pidgeot?

Is eevee evolution random? And how should I process my 2 raticates and shitton of rattatas? Power up better raticates, evolve rattatas and save the best for later or something else?

Can some user confirm that evolving them at max cp greatly increases their evolved forms potentional max cp?

Yes, I saw your post in the previous thread. What's its CP?

im team instinct and even I think thats fuckin gay.

level 16 and wondering how hte fuck people dont run out of balls compared to early on when the pool of items gets so high they never drop

Top tier moveset

Steel is super effective against ice and rock which its weak too

OK, should I just use them all? Not planning to buy shit so I want to be sure, I don't wanna waste them

Pure cancer.

>Evolving more than one of anything
>Evolveing pokemon at >maxcp
>Believing there is anything else

Just downloaded and WOW!!! What a GREAT GAME!!!! Its so POLISHED and !FUN!

I want to CATCH THEM ALL!!!

What are you up to BROS? Take any AWESOME GYMS lately?

tfw can't go out during the day because its over 100 degrees outside.

How far is 2 tracks, is jynx rare?

It does, but it isn't linear scaling. The higher your trainer level, the higher CP pokemon you catch, and the higher CP forms they evolve into.

But by that logic, if you hold off on evolution because the next level's pokemons are stronger, you won't be evolving shit, ever, as you'll constantly be catching better and better base tier pokemon

stahp

Eevee's evo is random yea.
I started out with a flareon that I love but recent I had enough to do another and got vaporeon at a high cp. Good shit.

I read something about thi.but not sure of course.

If Eevee has dig -> Flareon
Swift -> Vaporeon
Body Slam -> Jolteon

yeh, just use them

249, I'm level 6

Where do I download a good apk for pkmn go? I'm having serious issues with my phone so it takes me about 30 minutes to get one apk on there. If the next apk would work then that'd be great.

you have to keep catching pokemon and evolving them so you can keep leveling up.
Evolving pokemon and hatching eggs is the best way to gain exp.

No one is gonna look at you weird. Everyone we saw at the park was playing pokemon GO. Whenever someone used a lure on a pokestop, they'd yell it out and maybe 10 people would gather and use it and socialize. It was great

Even saw a couple of neckbeards

Not far and yeah Jynx is rare, go get it

Is this a high enough CP to start roiding it up, or should I wait and catch another?

Don't be a pussy, user. Just get some water and a hat.

Evolve the shit out of that thing and then boost it. Those are great attacks and an good cp for your level.

Do you guys go to pokestops during the night or day? Does anyone ever farm late at night?

I have a nature trail near me I just left that's usually empty packed with around 20 cars. I just want to be able to grind in peace

capped, when I find out it's wrong I'll fucking ring your neck prick

>steel wing in pogo
>good
enjoy doing no damage slowly

meant for

Water? More like I need some pussy.

>tfw got GPS spoofing working

What matters more when dropping a pokemon off at a gym, cp or the actual health it has?
I have a jigglypuff that has a kinda low cp but it's health is higher than all the other pokemon I have.

>tangela

why tho, it's genwun only atm

>being enough of a fat shit hikki that you need to hack
ebic

>gyms still bugged

Niantic is a trash company

>tfw it keeps teleporting me between my original and spoofed location

>tfw spent 12 hours geting it working
>used it twice, realised it was boring as fuck, stopped

have fun for 2 mins lad

CP makes it do more damage. The point of dropping off your mon at a gym is to wreck any faggot that thinks he can step up and take it on. He's gonna have 6 pokemon to fight with so you need to kill em before he gets a chance to move on to your gym's next pokemon

pic related it's you

Reminder not to go out Pokemon hunting alone
cnet.com/au/news/police-suspect-pokemon-go-players-targeted-in-series-of-armed-robberies/
Fucking America.

It's the highest cp poke I have atm, plus it has a good move set. I'm level 6 right now and idk if I should wait for a higher level or just roid it up now

I only really have time to do shit after work at practically midnight. Fortunately I've got about 9 pokestops and 3 gyms on the way home I can hit. As far as actual catching goes, you want to do that in daylight. You look like slightly less of a creeper, and your phone's light won't blind you and make you fall in a ditch and fuck your ankle up.

You might also consider using incense and taking a few K walk around your area while doing some egg hatching work

>cnet
>reliable news
kek

Pokemon Go rekindled my love for Jesus, at least indirectly, every church in town is a pokestop. I stopped by the church I used to go to, and Father Bartosz saw me. I haven't gone to church in 2 years, but I spent lengthy periods of time talking to father. He helped me through tough times in my live. I decided to go back to mass today after talking to father.

Aren't most public parks closed at sundown? I would hate to have to encounter the police and make excuses for trespassing to play pokemon

the reddit thread it came from already said its wrong, but that there might be a correlation based on the odds of OPs data

>youth walking around with their phones out in their hands
>implying niggers won't rob you

This is nothing to do with PoGo, just that people have valuables on display and blacks are about

Powering up a pokemon will increase their CP right?

The local gym is only defended by a 124cp. I have a couple 100cp. Will it be possible to take it? Never done the combat before

I'm conflicted guys

>Going through opiate withdrawal, almost done with stage 2 I think
>Feel great while playing pogo, feel like shit when I get back home and try to sleep
>Wake up and feel like shit for 3-5 hours
>Alternatively, I can just not go outside and feel slightly worse all day but it'll be more consistent and less painful at the end/beginning of a day

Help

>having an general on an app game
this board has gone downhill. Hope this shit dies fast like all app based games

im hella paranoid of banstick cause of this

What does having the phone out have to do with anything? It's not like these fucks see someone and think "gee, I wonder if he has one of those mobile phone things I've been hearing so much about".

Yes

Maybe opiates will make you feel better

If that's ALL they have? Yeah. Just walk up and challenge. Taptaptaptaptap then when a blue bubble up top is full tap and hold to use your pokemon's special move.

Tell that to Fate/Grand Order.

Pop incense? I'm really sorry to hear that though, I hope you power through it user!

Why aren't you complaining about all the mobage generals then?

>What does having the phone out have to do with anything?

>be thief
>have choice
>try to steal things out of peoples pockets (which is hard)
>grab peoples phones out of their hands (which is easy)

gee I wonder

No, they see your phone out and think 'I want that' then they rob it.

Kill yourself anime fucking retard. I missed a snorlax yesterday I am mad

>stop liking what I dont like

Veeky Forums was shit after 2009 anyway

M8 there are like ~5 maybe more generals about mobile games up right now

whats the highest amount of cp obtainable and the trainer level cap? or are they both technically infinite?

All you spoofers not talking about living somewhere without pokestops seem to miss that this game is shallow as fuck and only the need to walk a lot to play keeps you from getting bored.

They have to be smart enough to know that I can remotely brick my phone after its stolen though, right?

Anyway, Pastebinanon here, took my break at work while the new thread got created, missed the OP, lemme know if there's anything else I need to add to the sticky.

>same little faggot yellow taking over our red gyms and leaving his same faggy hypno behind(drowzees are abundant in my neighborhood)
I can see this getting really irritating in the future.

Pokemon have CP limits, I assume trainers levels do too

a thief rarely WANTS a confrontation, the point is to make money, not be a 'bad guy'

they want to not have to potentially fight (without a weapon they might lose, with they have to hurt someone over a fucking phone)

What does battery saver ingame exactly do to your phone? Reduce brightness?

Only bike I have is neon pink. Ride it or drive ?

yeah but I've seen pictures of mons with CP in the thousands so is there a limit to how high you can get it?

How does pokeball spinning work and what is its benefits?

Just take them back for free exp.

I wish I had a Hypno, Drowzees are rare here.

Nah I'm done, tossed all the pills in the toilet last week and I've never stuck a needle in my arm so no risk of that. No idea how people keep doing or even start heroin. whyyyyyy would you do that

That actually might be a good idea if I decide to sit around for a day or two, forgot pokes still pop if you use one and sit around even if you're not on a lure. And thanks user! Once I beat this stage, stage 3 is cake in comparison since I don't really have cravings except after I've worn myself out.

Been behind playing since work and other family stuff. Just got to level 7. Chose team red because Yellow seems like a bunch of sperges and Blue a bunch of fedora tipping faggots. Red seems like the most likely IV/EV Trainer, so I guess thats my own brand of faggotry at least.Is it normal to find so many fucking Pidgeys and Rattatas? Does the game improve spawns of other pokemon as you level? Thats something I thought I noticed but maybe im crazy.

>not naming your squad

Faggots

>You'll notice that there is a 'Battery Saver' option in the settings. This setting works by turning your phones screen black when you point the top of your phone towards the ground. It will allow the game to keep running and give you a vibration when a Pokémon is nearby.

I would recommend not using this setting until all of the bugs are fixed. On multiple occasions users report bringing their phones back up and the screen activating, but not responding to touch input. This results in you needing to force-quit the game and relaunch it, and during delicate server times, relaunching the game could result in you not getting back in the game at all.

>They have to be smart enough to know that I can remotely brick my phone after its stolen though, right?

Firstly, no they aren't.

Secondly, they can still sell it.

Thirdly, most people don't have that stuff it's generally only the tech savy that can do that.

Yes, dont know what it is though. I'm basing my views off of Veeky Forums posts, don't trust me 100%

What's the point of thisgame? Just walk around and catch virtual pokemon? Is there other options like battles or trade?

When you hold your phone down to your side (i.e. when walking) so it's upside down, it'll turn the screen off and not act on any input until you look at the phone again

I keep my thumb on the screen moving every now and then so my phone doesn't lock still though

Worth investing anything in this Raticate?

Posted in old thread without realizing it's dead

What is the range of lures? There's a stop 5 mins down the street but I don't want to hang out by it, it's fucking hot outside.

Also I don't live in a rural area, my city is fairly large, but there's only like 6 stops in the entire fucking city, what gives?

>servers always down
>everything in the game bugged
>nintendo actually trusted Niantic with this

How long until ded gaem

>beeyourself

Yes, YES!

I'm stealing this, I love bee puns.

>giving your pokemon meme names

>hyper beam
jesus christ

Absolutely not.

Okay, where I live, there is no Pokéstops and Gyms. Closest one is 1.5 km away from my home.

I know it is kinda cheating but can you use Fake GPS on this game without rooting your android phone?

I want to check city center to see if there is gym or pokestop. I believe there are tons of gyms in there.

>Giving my pokeslaves names
LMAO

No. You'll catch rattatas with 250 CP when you reach lvl 8-9, which get to 350-400 CP when you evovle them to Raticate. Send him to the farm to get turned into candy so you can feed it to the stronger pokemon