/xcg/ - XCOM General

Operatan Edition

Previous mission News:
1)Long War Studios have just released their Laser Weapons Pack and Perk Pack.
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=712967878
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=719109968

2)Shen's Last Gift DLC Released!

3)XCOM 2 officially coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on September 6th.
>twitter.com/XCOM/status/740181548419272705

4) Julian Gollop is working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression much akin to XCOM. Lobstermen are confirmed.
>twitter.com/Phoenix_Point
>phoenixpoint.info/
>pcgamer.com/julian-gollop-announces-new-game-phoenix-point/

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

Piratez mod for OpenXCom: openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p)
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

XCOM2 NEW AND IMPROVED MODLIST, updated regularly:
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

NEW MEGA MOD LIBRARY - Contains all 180 mods from the new modlist:
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

Music for slaying the ayy away:
>youtube.com/watch?v=SeLC55FOUCI
>youtube.com/watch?v=BJ0xBCwkg3E
>youtube.com/watch?v=P0TzUNti3rY

Other urls found in this thread:

xcom.wikia.com/wiki/Disoriented
xcom.wikia.com/wiki/Flashbang_Grenade_(XCOM:_Enemy_Within)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=696566464&searchtext=port
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=689085703
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=696566464
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for ayy

COMMANDER
PEOPLE ARE DYING OUT THERE
DO SOMETHING FAST

We operating?

>can't decide between faceless legion and robots
>why_not_both.rtf

So I used Mods{spoiler] Otherwise Known as cheats[/spoiler] To give my SPARKS PCS, Items and weapon attachments.

I gave mine a skulljack and renamed it appropriately.

How is the animation with them?

Fuck I wanted to have the first post with my Cheeki Breeki, but I'm late as usual... Anyway how hard is the Archon King? Heard he totally trashes your squad like ragdolls. The Viper King was medium hard, the Berserker Queen is so easy it's asinine. She managed to damage my Ranger 3HP and stun him. That's all. Then I got her HP down to half and she escaped. Anybody else think she's EZ?

(Fuck, I fucked up that spoiler tag)

Unfortunately, the skulljack/skullmine animation doesn't work for SPARK's - but I should be able to use the hack bonus to eventually raise my score high enough not to need the 'jack any more.

And then all will fear the robots trained to fuck mouths.

remove organic

>no enforcer

>not naming it Trained "Mouth-fucking" Robot

I tried mang, I don't see anyone else doing it.

I dont remember gatecrashing being this big

>it's an advent stun lancer can hit your guy in cover on higher terrain while disoriented episode
Fucking hilarious thing is I literally aim to NOT flashbang snakes because of how retarded it functions - if you do not FB them they will either make a grab (and likely succeed) or shoot (mixed bag).

If you FB them then they will make a grab that fails and then poison you.

Starting to feel like I should do the same with stun lancers.

I don't think I've ever seen Lancers not kamakazi.

magnificent design

>That face when you'll never own a Viper vinyl figure
Feels real bad, men.

Honestly my man, FBs are a godsend against pectoids and other psy units, but applying them to anything, specially Sneks and any ADVENT just sucks, because they always get exponentially dangerous. And I hope you're using the EU Rolls mod, otherwise, flashbangs are downright suicidal, since now, every ADVENT in the map will crit one of your soldiers.

The only "rules" i follow is that i leave them as they are when i first get them, unless they have fancy gear, like halo or something like that, then i'll change it to either anarchy stuff or just kevlar stuff.

Then when i get to T3 i change it to cyberpunkish looking stuff for most and halo gear for the big guys like grenadiers and gunners, psi guys get their own fancy stuff, like skin tight shit or the vanilla tron armor, and fancy hats like either the avatar mask, the vanilla powered helmets or the andromedon hat from the alien rulers.

Can I pirate DLC for xcom 2 and use it with the game which I own?

Huge spike in difficulty

First time facing him, it was inside a building and I had full actions. Grabbed my sharpshooter and went up in the air to get ready to smack him down. The problem wasn't that(since any damage frees them), but that carrying them all the way up triggered the rest of the map that was outside of the building. Afterwards he used devastate, and when it came down, pretty much everyone in the squad who had actions were stunned/shutdown.

Just pirate the whole thing

Get dem ai mods bruh.

Who would have thought I'm going to lose my first soldier on 6/6/16 on an operation called Devil's Hawk

Then again, what kind of scout dies to a (second) overwatch fire when dashing through dense smoke?

Pay up so that Jake can afford to meme

Holy moly! What does devastate do? Like an explosion that stuns your troops?

Yeah I am using EU rolls, I'm just trying to play on legendary because commander is too easy but I end up facing a lot more straight up bullshit on it. So my guess is, given how frequent I'll get hit by a disoriented enemy in cover, the legendary aim bonus just mitigates any real meaningful impact of the FB. If I recall right the aim penalty is fucking stupid on Xcom2 too - in Xcom1 it was -50 while in Xcom2 it's a measly -20.

xcom.wikia.com/wiki/Disoriented
>and most specialized abilities.

xcom.wikia.com/wiki/Flashbang_Grenade_(XCOM:_Enemy_Within)
>Disorients enemies for a penalty of -50 Aim and -50% Movement for 2 turns.

I guess Advent officer marking and snake grabbing and snake poison and if I recall right disoriented Andros are still able to plasma bomb too aren't most'.
If they are FB'd they lose the ability to kamakazi, so they can only shoot.

It's pinions but renamed

The reason why it's called devastate is well, pinions take a turn to launch and hit. This guy is a ruler, so when he uses it? The very next action point you spent will have them crash down on you, with each one having a chance to stun soldiers or shutdown SPARKs. In the worst case scenario, you're usually only getting one guy out of the blast

Archon king is the biggest nigger in the universe, he has a blazing pinions kinda thing called Devastate, except it's ten times worse and hits like sixty american football niggers.

If you fuck up against him, someone(or everyone) dies.

This picture should explain everything you need to know.

I like these new mods.

Ah I missed CCS so much(except when you started seeing them on fucking floaters jesus christ what the fuck)

I can't wait for the long dong team to finish their alien leader pack and the other unknown pack to experience it all over again

>EXALT Elite Operative using CCS

It all comes full circle, doesn't it?

Decided to grab a cheat to up disorient to -40. Since that applies to sectoid mindspin attacks as well I figure it'll be more fair and actually make flashbangs..well, a fucking flashbang.

Jesus christ, that's just Nasty as fuck. In a good way.

I was disappoint to see no In the zone in their perk pack. That was always my favorite.

>Elite Operative
>No cuirass
>No dress pants

Not Exalt/10

He's got the tats, the hair, and the bandanna.

If anything he's probably an old war vet that reluctantly joined up with XCOM.

that's what I was going for. Are there mods to add exalt clothing?

Am i 90's yet?

Nigga how do you not know?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=696566464&searchtext=port

>swords and guns floating 4 inches off their backs
I'll pass senpai

Well that sure was some pithy coaxing of you guise. This is like prepping the bull. I'd better flounce & fetch my fucking lube after I'm finished with Berserker Queen. Never felt so despondent in my life...

>rookie gets flanked and killed
>sharpshooter panics
>runs into the range of 2 sentry turrets and takes cover behind a car
>first turret misses and sets fire to the car's engine
>second turret...
>...
Yeah.

All you need to do is kill him before he kills you. That said, unlike the Berserker queen and the viper king, he WILL kill you.

Another question for you senpaitachi: Can you mind control Alien Hunter Units (Viper King etc). Has anyone had a psi-bro to test it? Can you mindspin them to panic so they won't attack you?

>it's a all the pods are placed on the opposite end of the map and don't trigger until 2 turns left of the objective episode

they are immune to mind controll

>playing with the pod system
You deserve it

But not repeaters. THANKS JAKE

>cheating

>Playing on rookie mode (AKA mods)

>not knowing 94com
Plebs

i need help xcg
i installed increased squad size because i want to be able to field one of each class, but also i want custom classes that improves on the vanilla ones
so minus the spark and psi there are 6 slots to fill
what classes do you recommend me?

>inb4 long dong perk pack
i know about it but i am not interested in it until they release their alien pack to complement it

Escalation classes and Lucobration classes are pretty good, except for the rocketeer.

Let me show you our future /xcg/
>LW studios releases their final mod
>it collects all their modules into one pack and rebalances the game around it alongside plenty of new tacticool customization options by Capnbubs
>X2 enters a golden age with Long Dong 2: Lube Within
>3 months later Jake releases his expansion
>LWS have all moved onto their new game and all official LW2 support is dropped
>modders spend months trying to update LW2 for the expansion
>many give up and quit during this time
>the few that stick around are mostly newbies and instead of working together to accommodate the changes they are all 2/3 man teams with almost no experience
>their reactive balance is even worse than JL
>/xcg/ descends into a CW arguing which LW2 edition is better but many are adamant that they're all shit
>/xcg/ dies another slow, painful death
>LWS' game flops
>XCOM 3 rolls around and people yearn for LW2s Golden Age
Oh yeah and
>Phoenix Point comes out but no one gives a shit

None of those things will happen, Long dong wont release a full mod, and even if they do someone else will make something better, or it will be outright better to just use multiple mods instead of just using the long dong one, which is already the case.

And even if the long dong team made long dong 2, Jake would release the expansion long before the mod is finished.

>LWS have all moved onto their new game and all official LW2 support is dropped

Except that right now they've been hired to work on developing those mods, and have put a pause on developing their game. No doubt if things get really screwed over, they'd be hired back

LW is overrated because it was the only big mod for EU/EW,

>None of those things will happen
I dunno, LWS' game and Phoenix Point flopping sound like they could happen

>Referring to Enemy Unknown
>Acting like the few people who visit this thread don't already know about it
Pfffft.

This. It's not like back then, there's competition now, even if there's a long dong 2 i'd be surprised if it's the be all end all of mods for Xcom2. I wouldn't be surprised if there's better options.

Did you guys move on to Xcom 2 then?

Most of us have
Some still play LW
Some are playing piratez mod for og xcom

I like changing between some extremely modded X2,LW to some comfy FMP

I have, i like trying new mods.

Why don't we make an /xcg/ mod collection instead of linking them in the pastebin?

prett sure we have one

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=689085703

Some of us are playing FMP too with its based railguns of penetrating UFO outer hull

Go back to your nurse home, grandpa!

Point Phoenix actually looks dope as fuck. I'm not even some 1994 Gollop original purist, it just seems like a real cool and spooky setting and Gollop seems like he's not going to just try and make 1994 Xcom with new graphics.

infinite chryssalid works guys, I'm fucking warning you

>First time doing the DLC's
>Alium hunters
>Meet the berserker Queen
>First unit have the Freeze thing, try it
>Freeze the queen
>Shoot
>EXECUTED!!!

KEK
E
K

Good EW mods that are compatible with Long Dong?

Oh right, thanks

It's a great feeling when you just BTFO the ruler

>capture mission
>trooper panics
>shoots the VIP
why

Not too impressed with the DLC in general though, I like the armory part but the rulers themselves are just tedious so far.

I need to try FMP once i have time to play UFO defense

I'm playing Xpiratez, how come my pirates don't ever seem to rank up once they reach Gal (except for the one boss gal)

Also, is it a good idea to put a single pirate on a jetbike and try to have her solo small civilian craft? Right now I end up missing a lot of them because my gals are healing from more important raids.

That's xcom babby

>"No respite for the dead. The aliens have found a way to mind control them."

Do you think they realized how fucking silly this line is?

Why are you attacking civilian crafts?

Moon, is that you?

pretty sure attacking civilians gives you a negative score

Anybody knows what mod gives you the ability to equip Exalt suits as armour? I can swear I saw it in a /xcg/ thread a couple of weeks ago... Is it the civilian armour thing?

Oh, it does? Shit.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=696566464

I do enjoy the new mission types mod, but the capture missions are ridiculous. Hold out 6 turns with two waves of reinforcements every turns is fucktarded, especially mid-to-late game.

XCOM EU/EW Ports: Extras.

most of the lines in the game are retarded, fambalam

Can't find them in the NEW MEGA MOD LIBRARY... Can somebody pls upload that mod there, if you have the time? I'm going to buy the game in 2 month time, until then I can't download from Steam.

Roight lads, its getting down to the wire for my campaign in LW.

I need to know what squad composition I need to be preparing for the Temple ship assault.

Is it ever

>I'm playing Xpiratez, how come my pirates don't ever seem to rank up once they reach Gal (except for the one boss gal)
How many hands do you have total? In OG-xcom, ranks are distributed based on the total number of troops you have. Certain ranks have a limit on how many there are, the most extreme being the final ranks.

Stats are more important than ranks anyway.

Also, soloing missions is always a bad idea imo. The damage system of x-com encourages massed fire since you can roll 0-200% damage, except for explosives which are 50-150%. This means that with armor, many times you can fail to kill or hurt targets even if you hit. One bad roll and someone can end up dead if they don't have backup.

>turning my infantry into valks made me realise that overwatch builds without covering fire are super unreliable
>only mec that gets covering fire overwatch is a guardian
Well fuck me, this was basically a wash.

I kinda want to build a guardian now with:
Field Medic > Covering Fire > Sentinel > Savior/RFS > LNL > RFA/DC

Restorative mist seems worth a try because on large maps I often get chipped by a grenade and want my squad back in top notch form before pushing forward but wasting full medkits on small HP wounds is a pain. One restorative mist should last me a whole mission.

Would basically act as an infantry that doesn't need cover and makes up for the lack of light em up with either RFS or RFA. I've never actually used a unit with either of those before but have had to fight mectoids with them, would be a nice change of pace to have these skills on my side for once.

Does anyone use guardians? Or should I just stick with infantry for this? Or maybe try an overwatch gunner?

Technically goliath gets covering fire too but only has AFC instead of opportunist and its aim progression is so much worse, doesn't seem overall worth it.

I just managed to solo a small UFO full of military police and some guys in black armor. My Gal took a wound though and would have died if she hadn't killed the last guy right away.

As for ranks, I have 5 gals, one swabby, and one boss gal. Up till now I've just been using the 6 seats in the Airbuss, using parrots to fill in if anyone is injured. Only now I've been experimenting with putting people in the single seater jetbike.

I can't really speak to much on this topic, other then most people agree that overwatch falls off as the game progresses. I don't really see anyone using Guardians, I can only think of one user who ever used him, and even then, I don't remember him actively encouraging others to use them.

>I just managed to solo a small UFO full of military police and some guys in black armor
You better hope those weren't government forces. You know, the ones that pay you each month not to attack them and bother other people instead? Are you checking the end game score screens, because they have lot's of valuable information.

With 6 gals you can't get very high up on the rank hierarchy. Like I said, I don't recommend solo missions, though I guess that's up to you. You'll also lose the jetbike if they die.

How do you know who to attack then?