/pgg/ Pokemon Go General

UPDATED PASTEBIN EDITION
Where do you plan on going today to catch Pokemon?

>About the game
pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

>What is it?
Pokemon Go can be described simply as the Geocaching of Pokemon. Grab your smartphone, get some exercise, catch some mons, battle some people - the usual Pokemon gig.

>Some questions answered
pastebin.com/spEFYmPw
Feel free to add more to the pastebin, keep it in the OP though.

Basic info:
As you traverse the real world, as represented on the in-game map, you'll occasionally run into tufts of rustling grass. Approaching these will end with a Pokémon appearing on the map, and clicking on it will initiate a battle.

Battles aren't between two Pokémon, though. They're between a Pokémon and your ability to swipe a Poké Ball in their direction. When you engage a Poké Ball, a colored ring will appear around the opponent. These change in size after each capture attempt. Throwing a Ball during a smaller window seems to be more effective, based on our time with the game, but that's a part we're still trying to figure out.
Going near water will attract water Pokémon. Playing at night brings out more nocturnal creatures, like Clefairy and Gastly.
Hatching Eggs: Each Egg displays the number of kilometers you must walk for the Egg to hatch. In general, the more kilometers required, the rarer the Pokémon that will hatch. A notification will appear when the Egg has hatched.
Make sure you have the Pokémon GO app open while you walk. Kilometers walked when the Pokémon GO app is closed won’t count toward hatching your Eggs.
Gyms: Fight at your team's gym to train and increase it's reputation. Fight at other team's to decrease their reputation. Tap your opponent to hit them, swipe left or right to dodge attacks, once one or more blue bars are filled, tap and hold to power up your secondary attack, release when the smaller blue bar fills up. Take over other teams' gyms and put your mons in to defend them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i0eaUqmt1W0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>How do i exit the app?
Exit it in your task manager, don't just back out of it.

>How do i throw away eggs?
You can't. Hatch them.

>Fucking gloom shows up
>425 CP
>Catch it
>Now what do I need for Vileplume

100 FUCKING CANDYS

sweet jesus christ Vileplume better be better than Gyarados as holy shit

In case the maker of the pastebin cares, I put v7 in it, it was the latest I could find in prev thread.

>mfw I drove past a cop today sitting outside a gym (a run down roller rink) with his phone up and one guy tried to pull in and the cop pulled him over and told him to go somewhere else
Fucking pigs

Pastebinanon here, thanks for trying OP, but I think the other thread got it first

>fucking pigs
The cops around me are playing, too.
But they're pretty chill about it.
Doesn't mean I won't cap their gym though. Fucking blue team are cops, who would have guessed.

Gyarados needs 400 candies doesn't it? Not sure why you are bitching.

what exactly is a lure module's range?

You have to be in range of the pokestop it's placed on. the module itself does not actually far away pokemon to that pokestop in relation to the 'nearby' panel, it simply increases the chance of a pokemon encounter when you're near that pokestop.

Anyone else already bored of this game?

Deep down yes but I'm pretending to still like it as an excuse to get out of the house and get some exercise.

Not yet. I like it cause it makes me get off my ass. Probably will start using it only for exercise

First day playing and I walked down to the park behind my house for about an hour and thirty minutes.
How'd I do?

>get home after defending gym
>battery dead
>put tablet on charge
>45% battery
i think my tablet has ded

Caught a Tauros at the goth club last night.

The world is strange now.

IS THIS WHAT I THINK IT IS

Fearow.

sheit nigga
Go out and get that oversized Pidgey already.

No Ho-Oh is gen 2

So how do you level rare poke's? I found one Hitmonchan, and never found another, but I want him to be stronger.

youtube.com/watch?v=i0eaUqmt1W0

>Pokemon streamer got fucked over after witnessing a murder
>Loses his job because mass spam
kek

Is data stored on cloud or device, my tablet needs a replacement battery and motherboard because the 4g is fucked too, i need to know if ill lose my shit or if its tied to google

Well I feel stupid. I even went running after it too.

Yup I'm doing long routes on pretty far distances and pretending that i'm going to be the very best

What does the rustling grass mean? I keep moving around my apartment to get to it but it goes and doesn't show back up till I move away. I go over it but nothing comes up

>425 Gloom

See the pastabin

Don't feel bad I thought the same thing. I was deep in a trail in the mountains too which gave it even more plausibility.

What are you level 50?

If I'm not working or sleeping I'm playing pokemon go on my bike and I have the next two days off.

Does anyone know if you can change device and keep your mons still?

of course, you log in with your google account

I wouldn't know for sure but since you connect to pokemon go through a gmail or pokemon club account I would think so.

thanks, need to buy a new phone while i wait for my tablet to be fixed then, cant be held back even a day.

I feel as if stopped playing for an entire day I would be incredibly behind.

That's how these games all work. you need to play it every day or you lose out, guaranteeing more players keep playing daily.

>keep transfering a bunch of Paras
>finally have enough to power up my most powerful Paras
>goes up to 375 Parasect
>becomes XS
Fucking hell man

all evolutions are XS, they're bugged

really should save candies until you know you'll get a 500-600CP+ pokemon. Anything less than 500 will have trouble contesting most gyms, I wouldn't be surprised if next week most gyms have 1000CP+ mons.

Yeah I was so gungho to evolve it that I didn't think about that.

How many Pokemon can you evolve during 30 minutes? I want to use my Lucky Egg as efficiently as possible.

as many as you have?

as many as you can load in that time.

>both XS and XL
So which is the one that matters?

Otter mode

That's what I was asking. How long does one evolution take?

XS means the maximum cp will be lower.

A couple guys told me they saw a zapdos on there, but they hadn't played the games since gen 1 or 2 so I'm pretty sure they were mistook the outline too.

I'm lined up to evolve 6 Pidgeys and 4 Ratatas, and hatch 2 5Km eggs with my lucky egg. Can't wait for dat sweet exp

I planned it and was able to do 41 with about 2-3 minutes left

Reminder that Team Instinct is the only team that matters.

>wasting an egg for 10 pokes

why would you do this?

all depending on your connection, if you have fast internet and the game wants to load well then you can evo one pokemon within about 8-12 secs

But is weight the one you wanna look for or height?

Found this guy at a Publix. Bunch of other people playing in the park, one of them kind enough to drop lures at both the park sign and playground.

O-oh. It's my first egg, took me a while to get all this candy. I thought it was a good amount.

Girth

With all the dublicate pokemon and the way people seem to meet up would trading not be the next inclusion in this game ?

trade that on charmander for 20 evee's or something.

10 pokes is 10k exp, and the eggs idk probably a shit load

This is the kind of propaganda Leddit uses.

I hope that sends a clear message.

in my city, yellow is the majority

Went to the cemetery for about 2 hours today.

R8 my haul

So XL pokemon give better stats when you evolve?, so i want to make sure i have an XL magikarp before i evo it?

I did 41 eggs last night. It's worth it to wait until you can nearly max your potential

Literally did the same thing
>get rid of all Paras
>evolve best Paras
>goes to 358 Parasect
>becomes XS
>5 min later find a 328 normal sized Parasect
Fucking pissed at myself for being impatient

It effect the maximum in the evolved form, from what we know, not the starting cp. Starting CP seems to be tied to your trainer level more than anything else.

If that was true why is yellow getting BTFO by red and blue?

Anyone of any team can be a shitposter. Besides that's just an edit of an old web browser joke anyway.
>Valor - Fire Fox
>Mystic - Chrome
>Instinct - Explorer

41 evolves**

You just have to find more. I'm in the same boat with ya. Luckily all pokemon seem to be the same CP-stat wise (in terms of cap) so you just need to grind out more chans when you can.

How do I assign a defender to a Gym? I have to be the same team, but are there only 3 spots per gym available?

that kinda sucks, i think most of my shit is normal or extra small and im level 13, i guess ill just have fun evolving and worry about min maxing around lvl 20

From an egg.

Honestly I'm not sure there's any point in evolving to get high level pokes, besides evee, until about level 20.

before that it's all about XP gain

Basically anything we catch now will be obsolete later on down the line. We evolve mans now, but we'll catch way stronger versions when we're a higher level.

How do i exit the app or toss eggs out?

Getting an extra 5k dust per day helps immensely later on.

holy fug
how many km was it?

well besides gyms, but getting and keeping 10 gyms is nearly impossible here.

What moves? I found a wild one with Fire Spin and Fire Blast.

Why isn't my shop working?

right, so ok i have a drowzee thats XL in weight but 14CP, hes the only XL i have, should i just discard him with the rest and evo a higher CP one?

what i dont know if XL in height or weight contributes to max CP

Tackle 12
Fireblast 60

I'm okay with that so it won't be completely useless when it is clearing out gyms with fire resistant pokemons then it can fireblast whatever unfortunate fire weak pokemon approaches it.

hey am i banned or something, pokemon seem to be running away very quickly all of a sudden

i'll throw one ball, and even if i get great they break free and run away instantly

I caught a 483 drowzee in the wild

please do not evo a 14CP drowzee and waste all those candies

BROS I SEEK YOUR WISDOM

THERES A NIDOQUEEN THREE FOOTPRINTS FROM MY HOUSE BUT ITS DARK AND SPOOKY OUTSIDE

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO

Chinese people keep putting lures on the may 4th kent state memorials, and they're sitting on the spots where the people died catching pokemon. It's kinda weird thinking that this is what their deaths have lead to.

you be a fucking man
how are you ever gonna be the very best if you have to ask questions like this

We don't know for certain that high CP at lower evolutions equates to high cp in upper evolutions though.

grab a knife and go after it obviously

Put your life on the line for your queen.

you go catch it

>NIDOQUEEN
>THREE FOOTPRINTS
sleep tight qt