/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

consumed by the ded edition

previous ded The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise:

Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, Avorion, From the Depths, Factorio, REM, Robocraft, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Space Engineers:
>spaceengineersgame.com
>SpEngies for retards: i.imgur.com/IZekrGe

StarMade:
>star-made.org
youtube.com/watch?v=7YyxsW_2xmo
Server: NASSzone
IP: nasszone.com:4242

Avorion
>avorion.net/
>/egg/ approved server: 149.202.65.190

From the Depths:
>fromthedepthsgame.com
>/egg/heim idea bin: pastebin.com/Tmk14sf2

Factorio:
>factorio.com/
>guide.factorio.com/index.html
>steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio

REM:
>www.remproject.wordpress.com
>youtube.com/channel/UCzp2XM98-FcFWAqhFjnxSbg

Robocraft:
>robocraftgame.com

Machinecraft:
>hrpbk2 wix com/machinecraft
>upload/download designs at filescase.com
>TT Mech template: www.mediafire.com/download/0aalnmvvyvm75sq/TT-Mech-Template.rar
>Helpful starter guide: youtube.com/watch?v=iLVnW5exF3Q
Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>store.steampowered.com/app/325420/
>homebrewgame.com/

Besiege:
>store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
youtube.com/watch?v=n-aG7E9gTNI

Infinifactory:
>zachtronics.com/infinifactory

Scrap Mechanic:
>store.steampowered.com/app/387990/

Robot Arena 2:
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/

Other urls found in this thread:

infinit.io/_/qePJvww
infinit.io/_/4aYpuEE
youtube.com/watch?v=9i2eZaJsC7g
superuser.com/questions/898124/the-application-someapp-app-can-t-be-opened
youtube.com/watch?v=rFy8CXL6mHk
youtube.com/watch?v=2StO_wsvGNs
mega.nz/#!7BNwRLBb!CRQ5L_pAAuGMXn0JFMJNnAuRdG654pqRGiX48pJ98pw
github.com/KeenSoftwareHouse/SpaceEngineers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for lesbians gaying

To whom ever is designing that truck, he's a new design for your ship!

Everything from last thread that you missed.

And finally a location for a shuttle pod, like from star wars rebels.

It could be a scouting or a repair ship something to hull small loads.

It could be a repair ship like this, it's your choice.

Fuck this

Pays well though
>120k/tick upkeep cost for just the maker

please remove the connection from your bottom plastic into the track that the other 3 plastics connect too. A track can only take 10 items/tick. You're currently feeding that track 10.5 items, and then your bottom plastic is also feeding it from the side with 1.5 plastic. That 10.5 items will cause jams

Hey, I just got to the same stage as you!

Its fixed, I connected it by accident when I moved the coal around

>all that unused and wasted space

I know. Working on fitting another engine in there but I will have to move my other two engines around in order to fit something into that spaced, and I can't really be bothered to do that until I get my plastic and steel upgrades which will shrink everything anyways.

Space Engineers: Community Edition is almost up to date. All the merge conflicts are fixed, now working on getting it to compile again since Keen removed all the x86 libraries.

At the moment, the only change is an old PR I made that allows mods to change the valid minimum, maximum, and default field sizes for gravity generators.

VS2015 is running updates, so update in a few hours or whenever it's done.

I want to fuse a shotgun with a autocannon, make it belt fed, and give it depleted uranium ammo.

that'd be cool

Yo REManon, are you guys planning on a Mac port? I have some Mac groups on steam that I could shill for it in if you decide to port it.

What are you doing anons, the Factorio update is out, we don't need to play the ersatz browser-based version any more.

sure I can get you one. Idk how well it will work, you would be the first to test it.

>really tired and seeing things
>a few moffs have also taken up residence in my room
this is annoying

Go the fuck to bed, user.

not yet, its only been 2 1/2 days.
I think.

Anti tank truck in spengies
Ill make an artillery one tomorrow.

Back door

infinit.io/_/qePJvww
REM Mac port test. I'm guessing there will be some problems, but if it works it will but put up on the website.

Get on my level.

Use bigger wheels.
1x1 are the worst.
Or find a mod wich have a 2x2.

how bout u post pics instead of talkin shit

Honestly, I'd love to but pointing out that your armored car concept is flawed and should be rebuilt so that it isn't a truck but more of a wheeled APC with a turret.

ye ur right i will on the next build, here, have a meme

infinit.io/_/4aYpuEE
woops, same as before, but forgot the default vessels...

Any flaws with this?

Nah, That's fine.

I'd love to see a version that can pick up that yellow truck people post but beyond that.

This night im gonna work more on it.

Ill try tomorrow

youtube.com/watch?v=9i2eZaJsC7g

Super ded.

That is lewdd.

Even lewder when you realize he controls the robot by moving his body

yeah, you have nothing to use it against

"The application "REMproject_Av032.2" can't be opened"
Never had this issue before, but I am looking up a fix and will report back later

maybe and issue with the compressor i used?

Got it to work by using a terminal command to make it executable as outlined in superuser.com/questions/898124/the-application-someapp-app-can-t-be-opened

Inventory system in builder doesn't seem to work (it's kind of like the inventory screen is zoomed In a bit too much) and it freezes on loading flight test but otherwise fine so far. I'm testing on lowest settings and resolution, my specs are 2.8 ghz Intel core i5, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, and Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB

youtube.com/watch?v=rFy8CXL6mHk

Would anyone like to listen to my mixtape?

Correction: Running it at a higher resolution fixed the inventory issue, but I still get a freeze when trying to enter flight test. IT loads for about a second, and then all the text elements seem to get a bit bolder and it freezes. Is there any sort of documentation on controls?

did you place a cockpit into the builder and save it? or load a default vessel?
youtube.com/watch?v=2StO_wsvGNs

My bad, didn't save before loading flight test. After saving it works fine.

The README document on the download page is an exhaustive tutorial on all controls.

mega.nz/#!7BNwRLBb!CRQ5L_pAAuGMXn0JFMJNnAuRdG654pqRGiX48pJ98pw

Here's the link to it.

Very good. Would you be able to give us a brief description of your experiance once the game was working properly? Any stuttering, framerate issues, ect?

Game works completely fine, no issues with frame rate or stuttering at all.

Have you attempted loading in an AI vessel in the flight test with 'y', then activating it with 't'?

Yep, it works fine

Can someone give me a tldr of all the important things that have changed in ftd since wheels were added?

Are tiny efficient things still the best?

>important things that have changed
Nothing much.

>that tank
This is exactly the kind of land unit I want to see in FtD.

What are some good tutorials for FTD?

The ingame one

DESU the fun in FTD is 90% testing and figuring things out for yourself

> Go to compile
> Keen forgot to upload an entire fucking project
> 1400 errors
Jesus H fucking Christ.

> Go to github to report it
> Issue already exists
> Opened six days ago

IT'S JUST A BETA GUYS

w-what?

github.com/KeenSoftwareHouse/SpaceEngineers

I was thinking of a reply not aimed at code monkeys, but thanks user

Keen has a code repo for people to download so they can make mods and submit fixes to KEEN.

The code needs to work for us to do that.

They forgot to upload a large number of files, so the code doesn't work and shits out 1,400 errors when you try to build the game.

imagine an ikea flatpack
you know the ones full of bits of wood, bits of metal, and nine million screws
this is an ikea flatpack, but they forgot the screws

So it should be fixed if they just stuff the files back in so you could compile for real? Or did they add the files, breaking everything?

Theoretically, but I doubt it. There's so many goddamn errors.

R8 my space gunbrella.

I love it.

How well does it work?

fishyfish/10

Moar gunbrella

reminds me of the ships, i would build in space engineers. Flying bricks.

They were compact and would fit together to create a bigger brick.

I wonder if the guy who built something similar to this will build that?

with its large amount of front facing guns and armor focused toward front it has its Center of gravity so that it can pivot on its guns, This allow it to keep its armor and guns facing the target and makes an overall super stable firing platform with its ability to pivot on its nose.

Only thing is it a huge target when its facing you.

also it looks hela dope from the front

I don't know about the gameplay of this but i'd be temped just to hit the dead center then.

That looks like the big green light you've gotta hit for it to turn red.

Hitting something moving with that accuracy while you yourself are moving is basically impossible. Your brain literally can't aim that well, and even if it could, the guns can't either.

Imagine hitting a target on horseback, running, with a bolt-action rifle, while the thing you are shooting at is dodging side to side.

We will be adding in some aim assists later on, but for now that's actually a pretty solid design.

>Hitting something moving with that accuracy while you yourself are moving is basically impossible
VGS
VGTG

>Hitting something moving with that accuracy while you yourself are moving is basically impossible
RNG can fix that

Why did you have to remind me?

>used to get at least one blue plate per game
>some faggot tells me that hitting a moving target is basically impossible
get out

The sudden PTS patch sure revived the game :^)))kill me

This is my biggest issue with REM

People will git gud at aiming, and then all that matters is how much frontal armor you've got. Theres nothing to make combat more interesting than that.

are weapons hitscan?

No but spess boolit are fast

>People will git gud at aiming, and then all that matters is how much frontal armor you've got. Theres nothing to make combat more interesting than that.

Literally only a tech demo with only one weapon and an AI with no tactical ability.

Sounds good to judge it based on that, boss.

user, even if it had all guns in the world its still a point and click and circlestrafe game

6DOF is a mistake
Newtonian control is a mistake

K, we'll just give up and go home then because someone can't muster the imagination of a fucking 4 year old.

:^)

Just saying REM is a failure at a conceptual level ;-))

The editor is really fucking good though, props for originality

Alrighty.

So literally what have you got planned to make it more interesting than that? Aside from the lobby mode of course

>148098101

>assuming 6dof is the only thing we can do with the builder

>implying we're stupid enough to waste the builder on only one form of combat

>thinking that 6dof custom ships are boring simply because you can't image a world where there's actual content in the game

Frankly I'm insulted.

No seriously, a whole host of different things What we have now is merely the easiest functions to integrate. Things like aerodynamics in an atmosphere with gravity if you're feeling Ace Combat, ground vehicles with any sort of construction you'd like, custom shit like racing around without any weapons at all, or with weapons if you liked Deathrace. Anything you can think of, really. Adding in a new gamemode is as easy as adding some parts and a win/fail state and maybe a custom map. Add this all together with the lobby system and you have a very intricate game based off of just a few relatively simple systems.

Better focus and do 1 thing good, rather than trying to do everything average.

The focus is the builder and combat mechanics, with module systems. How those are used by the player is more up to preference.

Then look where everyone ese failed doing the same.

>i cant imagine
No you fucking nigger, unless if you have homing laserbeams, bouncing saw-blades, freeze guns, thrust disruptor sticky missiles and laser guided plasma balls in the pipeline i dont see what would ever make 6dof newtonian space combat interesting and you are only proving my point by wanting to add other gamemodes

In the end its just another machinecraft really

Then give me some examples, please. Far as I can tell, we're dodging most of the issues games like Robocraft and FtD have run into.

Alright, you've already made up your mind. No sense in arguing.

how does /egg/ like to umbilical? With or without mods?

I dont play both ftd or robocraft.
But ask the players, dive in their forums for a while, outside of what is talked here, or it was when robocucks were here more often.