Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Terrible suggestions edition

>Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15.
-Demo is out, has online.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/3BBjWBhF
mega.nz/#!CxoVBSwQ!oAC0cfY_9LrRY5E8-ecSto11-vcQgYlnoOo6dk7F1Jk
youtube.com/watch?v=XS5z0_wqBv0
kiranico.com/en/mhx/bougu/rare1
mega.nz/#!OEwUGAgb!SqJqYe6efVPDCxFEFOrWt5lt1xJZ4GuthDf-hwrKvuo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for tammy

i want to swim with lagiacrus!

IS SWITCHAXE THE BEST TAIL CUTTER OR WHAT

>memes

Thanks a lot, 8-4.

xth for blacklisting shitters all over again

>Swax
>Best

It's neat, sure, but best? Please...

That's not how you spell DEMON MODE.

How's Adept HBG?

>What is wielding two blades?

pastebin.com/3BBjWBhF

If anyone cares

>tfw autism waiting for USA cia
fffuuucckkk

A BEST

I feel that so hard it hurts

I know that feel. Why must we be so autistic?

>tfw yuropoor
>tfw no autism stops me from playing a game worse than monster hunter 4 ultimate

Only HBG worth using. It's also good

To all you who think cheating is bad:

Are you challenged in the head? Cheating means less time wasted on trivial, artificial content padding like grinding armor parts; and time is everything. Ever heard "He who values money more than time is doomed to be poor forever."? Probably not considering you think wasting a finite resource (in a fucking game no less) is somehow a good idea.

>but muh challenge
>but muh improving skill
You think hunting the same monster 20+ times to get a specific part makes you a better player? You think finally defeating that one monster makes you a better player when it solely depended on a couple of dodges instead of the whole fight?

Or is this rather about some arbitrary preconception that all cheaters are by default terrible, terrible players who do nothing but cart nonstop, and you don't want others to think you're one of them?

So, what is it? Why is cheating such an unspeakable thing? Why is being smart, not wasting your time and getting from A to B more efficiently this frowned upon?

>tfw going into Gen blind
I have no idea what any of the new features do but at least pellet HBG lets me faceroll everything until I figure it out

Whatever helps you sleep at night, user.

cheating is great but powersaves don't work on generations and my 3ds isnt hacked so i guess im farming rathalos for a hundred hours

>You think hunting the same monster 20+ times to get a specific part makes you a better player?
Significantly

reminder that only weebs and frenchies use the term "bushido" instead of adept

Here's a simple method for NA players to import the EU data needed to get their MHGen bonuses.

mega.nz/#!CxoVBSwQ!oAC0cfY_9LrRY5E8-ecSto11-vcQgYlnoOo6dk7F1Jk

Place the 'filer' folder on your root. Install SaveDataFiler.cia and open it. Go to the SD tab and press A to import this ext save data (00001261). Note this shouldn't affect your other data because the US game is 00001263.

Even if you already started your save file, go under New Game and run through the Claim Extras menu. It should say the MH4U data read was successful. Then just speak to your housekeeper to claim your bonus. No need to install EUR 4U.

Experience vs a monster makes you a better player. I've noticed that cheaters are generally pretty lazy and don't carry their weight.

youtube.com/watch?v=XS5z0_wqBv0

hey pixel
are we gonna hunt eventually
will you ever provide me with those screenshots i've since obtained myself

>Bushido
>not german

Does meowstrss have a set I can make to look like her like the guild ladies do?

nope

>rapeape back
>no reason to hunt him 24/7 anymore

Shame, best monster

Nope. Sailor is great for bow this time though, since it gives Focus. You can mix it with Gammoth legs or Shiggy R arms/lets and get Normal Up + Focus (and slots) or Heavy Up + Focus (and slots).

>pellet HBG

I have never seen this meme reaction before.
I need more.

Oh ho, looks like it's time to be a huge fag and try out Aerial

Nope, you get a cat chef instead.

>not hunting purely for fun
I don't understand you faggots

Get over it, faggot. Aerial Pellet HBG can get perfectly viable clear times. It's only a minute or two slower than going tryhard with Adept crouch fire spam.

The fuck is up with that guys voice?

Didn't you hear? Cancer.

look up filthy frank

How many /mhg/ players have you blacklisted already?

>he doesn't know our lord and savior

Gets slower times and is zero fun. Why would anyone chose aerial gunning I don't know.

Yeah he's cancer alright

Thanks Pix.

You know you can always find me or one of my sons around /mhg/.

POST YOUR AUTO QUOTES, FUCK

>is zero fun

And yet here I am having a blast using it with Blizzard Lagombi and Pellet Up on my talisman/HBG.

I'm sorry that I can have fun without bullshit such as "I must always eat a might pill and hit myself with a felvyne bomb" or "oh using felyne heroics doesn't count towards my hardcore time attack for arbitrary reasons".

JE

All of them

What's the best IG style?
Is getting the colors really difficult or is it just hard with the smaller demo monsters
>keep on hitting Narga's wings for green
>Malfestio's entire ass seems to give green and I can't find white unless I randomly flail my bug at him

SUIS

Hon Hon Hon

mounting
>Mom get the camera!
pinned
>Be gentle
bomb
>Aloha snackbar
OR
>Allahu akbar

i pro

dude. you sir. are. EPIC.

>feeding bombs to nibelsnarf then dumping HA
>fishing nibelsnarf out then dumping HA

This is the most satisfying monster to hunt. I'm glad it's back.

Is there any point to carrying around large barrels these days?

i'm ride no hit

Best meme

:^)

Where can I find a gallery of armor sets for MHX/Generations.

Guild or aerial. There's a hunter art that gets the triple up so don't worry about the tough monsters to get extracts from because there's an ez mode.

ping's dex has a rather small image next to each armor.
Don't know if there's any gallery with bigger images.

i'd clean her pipes iykwim

Like this?

kiranico.com/en/mhx/bougu/rare1

Is there a Ping's dex for Generations, and does it have everything in english? Gotta know where all the shit I need to upgrade stuff is.

CAUSE I FEEL or Do you have your mother's bones?

I have be gentle, didnt even know it was a meme. Time to get rid of that one

Only for x as far as I know.
But it allready has translated names for items and armor. only weapons are in japanese.
Although I doubt they are all the official translation. will probably take him a week or two after release.

I'm gonna keep my default french quotes.

Hmm I'm getting cia invalid when trying to install SDF.
Did i do something wrong?

There's like 10 homebrew entry points that gives you access to save data extraction

>i'm ride no hit

Gotta change that for Generations sempai

Why won't the Meowstress give me a cat with emergency retreat, big boomerangs and boomerang pro? I've almost done all the Wycademy hub hunts. I want my pierce cat for high rank ;_;

Not on 11 there isn't.

Which SDF cia are you downloading and what cia manager are you using?

Oothax still works. Just download the newest payload.

Big D Dragon Rider!

The one in the download, and using devmenu

I use the first two. I think I'll still keep them.

You're thinking of CFW. You just need Homebrew to get to your save file, which yes you can.

Eeeey!
Aaaayo
BarabingbaraBOOM
The Fonz lives!
*Thumbs up*
Cool it

Reposting from last thread, please respond.

This shit's coming out in 5 days. I've been using greatsword pretty much exclusively since I got into the series with Freedom Unite. This time I really want to change it up and go for the charge blade. What are the good upgrade paths to go down for the different elements and statuses while keeping impact phials? In most of the videos I see they're all using the dinovaldo charge blade. Looks nice but there are other options right? Most greatsword videos I see are using the tigrex greatsword and I don't much like the way it looks which is part of why I want to switch.

Another question, too. This time you can go down upgrade paths or alternatively keep upgrading the same exact weapon to make it stronger. Is that actually viable or is it just like it's stronger but still not good enough to compete with end paths of upgrade lines? I ask because I've always liked the looks of the jawblade greatsword. Is that one strong if fully enhanced? 4U had jawblade relics that could be strong but I never got a good one.

Try the latest one:
mega.nz/#!OEwUGAgb!SqJqYe6efVPDCxFEFOrWt5lt1xJZ4GuthDf-hwrKvuo

yeah cheating makes you shit for sure

even playing lower rank quests with higher rank gear can make you play worse because you have way less reason to play well when your gear gives you all that breathing room to fuck up and still finish

potions flashbombs and traps might as well be cheating as well cause they make people play worse, tossing 3 flashes in a row cause they can't bother to aim and getting hit while chugging a potion and chugging another

the same goes for multiplayer you barely have to put in an effort

where my sns bros? Heard it's stronger in this game mostly due to arts.

Hunting armor parts is easy. Especially since online play existed. Charm farming on the other hand...

Why switch it up?

Now you can switch your Great Sword style

I mean why would you stop using the best weapon in the game?

have you tried the demo?
I've always been a fan of SnS and it's even more fun now

Where to get Disc stones?

It can be beneficial to see how lesser beings live every now and again

I think it's better to stick to the GS this time around

How the fuck is using healing items cheating?

Am I supposed to not get hit?

Snow area

You faggots better learn this by heart or I'm gonna smack you.

Mufa set is a fusion between Miss cat and her ugly beast.

"Don't get hit, hit it until it dies."

That's the strategy going back before MH Tri...

Oui, oui, bien sûr !

what do the 3 columns represent. if i'm going to study effectively i have to know