/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Nightmare Slain: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Damn that OP image is sick. Do you have one in higher res?

>Djura is facing away
Good art

A-already made one

good wallpaper
>MC hunter uses the pistol
I always see this. People like to draw the posterboy, but they swap the shotty for the pistol. Why do this, and not just swap both weapons while you're at it?

Also, Henryk uses the saw spear, not the cleaver IIRC

Nope, cleaver

The Bloodmoon beckons to even the most steadfast of hunters.

Does it beguile you with its tantalizing allure comrade?

Then post yer hunter as well. Let us glimpse /bbg/'s resident Edgelords!

Henryk def uses the Cleaver.

Hunter Djura was right the whole time!

You Vilebloods ought to be purged.

Afraid not, I got it from /bbg/ when it was posted. Did an image search, that's the biggest one out there, sadly.

bend at the knee, /bbg/

Man I really fucking need to get around to openin my ps4 again some day. Why did I delete my only image of my hunter.

A fine display indeed hoontah.

You definitely take the cake in terms of edginess.

>fighting Ebrietas for the first time
>have +10 Beast Claws with Embrace Rune and only main game and dlc gems
>use bolt paper
>just hug her ass the whole time and beat her first try with no damage

I have seen so many people complain about that boss being hard but...

What the hell? That was a complete joke, literally probably the second easiest boss in the game

So Clockwise

Gehrman
Crowsteel
Micolash
Djura
Gascoigne
Henryk
- dont know her name
Eileen
The doll
Maria
Executioner dude, fuck I forgot his name
Valtr
The Good Hunter.

Tried to do it by memory.

How the fug did you get up there?

how do I deal with this guy

lol you're overpowered as shit that's why

Most people fight her before Micolash
If you think she's easy though, go and try the defiled version.

I killed Ebby my first time, too, but there's other time where I've had incredible trouble. Who can say?

Just jump down onto it. The actual fall from Research Hall to the altar, and likewise from the altar to the basement, is minimal

try fighting her in the CDs when she has orders of magnitude more HP and damage
>fights boss when overleveled for said boss
>"I don't get why people think this is hard :^))))))"

>dont know her name

That's Yuria. Her name's only in the credits.

Or @ bl4

Parry him to death.

Or on an Arc build just spam Executioner Gloves, although this is harder in Depth 5, especially with 10 Vitality where you can't fuck up once and his bullshit projectile goes straight through pillars with no warning.

Damn. I can't rest now untill i tried that shit.

Cheers my man

And whats the other guy's name? Arthur? I swear I cant remember and its on the tip of my tongue.

Alfred

I knew it was something with A

Thanks boss.

God if they cut Ludwig from the next episode of new Berserk I'm going to slit my wrists.

Yuria best waifu

Torn between Madman's Garb and Yahar'gul Garb for Mad Priest attire.

>not Imposter Iosefka
so close. right organization, wrong person

Is Rapehorse supposed to be in the next one, yeah? I couldn't bear to watch it after that dreadful first episode, but if Rapehorse will be in it, I'll watch.

2nd one is a little better, ends right before the dogs get possessed, Farnese is a barbie doll though.

I think I figured out why the cgi is so terrible, it's the thin lines, in drawing it's important to vary the thickness of your lines and and break them up every now and then, to keep the image looking attractive and that's lost with cgi models.

>30 BLT, a couple of 18% physical gems, +9 Chikage
>Kill Ludwig first try in under ninety seconds and spend only five vials
This weapon is pretty absurd in PVE, almost Whirlgig Saw tier.

What level SHOULD you be for the boss?

I beat her after the DLC and stuff true but, I spent most my echoes on vials

another overrated boss is Laurence. Ludwig and Orphan are both about a billion times harder.

I think in hindsight it was just because she never popped A Call Beyond.
On a side note, I accidentally sold my Old Hunter Bone, can I still get the all tools trophy or do I need to grab it in ng+?

Yeah it's Yurie, get it right fags

The cgi is terrible because it's so stiff. It's like watching in-engine cutscenes of a really bad PS2 game, there's zero fluidity, and everything's limp. I don't really mind some of the actual art, it could be better, sure, but good lord the actual animation is hilariously bad. That's what you get for letting moeshit studios animate Berserk. PS2 era Ludwig should be fun to watch, though.

Byrgenwerth Student Uniforms look pretty damn good

>using the physical form of the Chikage
but why

Physical gems increase blood damage family

Physical gems also affect Blood damage, so until you get round to farming 3 BLT gems (where you get a higher % in exchange for not affecting anything but Blood) you use Physical gems.

Think of Blood ATK the same way as blunt or thrust, it's not a seperate element like Fire/Bolt/Arcane.

Physical gems boost the blood damage

>Using the Chikage

Fixed that for you.

>not using the chikage
unzip the edge

I've done a bloodtinge build, Chikage felt like garbage, especially when put up against something like the Bloodletter. Besides, I happen to like having a weapon with more than one good move.

>chikage's moveset is only 1/2 bloodtinge
>WHEEL's moveset is 100% B L U N T

This is why Cainhurst lost.

Choir Leggings 2 comfy

congratulations that's the worst fashion I've ever seen

>especially when put up against something like the Bloodletter
I actually made a Bloodletter build before the Chikage build and was extremely disappointed. It felt almost exactly the same as the Hunter's Axe. Chikage at least feels unique.

>tfw want to do Bloodletter build
>tfw STR/BLT has no other weapon before it to use and Ludwig and Maria are next to impossible to get past for me without a strong weapon

Especially the former. I hate that fucker.

Yharnam Hunter Trousers vs Tomb Prospector Trousers vs Yhar-har ghul Black trousers. I can't decide help

Level STR first, do not pay very much attention to Bloodtinge in the early game. You can summon Valtr for Ludwig (or, if you have PS+, you can summon people from here and get away with being pretty weak). If you want to use the Gatling Gun you need to level Skill up to 12, which will let you wield the Whirlgig and make everything a lot easier. You will not be able to get the Bloodletter without being insanely good or having to grind through the majority of the game first, but it's doable. I actually found Maria much, much harder because my viscerals were so weak against her, and in her final form she had combos that would full health me.

The entire Yarhar set looks like trash, honestly. I'd say Tomb Prospector if you're a gril, Yharnam Trousers if not.

>invade someone
>all they do is spam their gun

Why?

>The entire Yarhar set looks like trash
I've found the gloves decent with certain stuff, but I generally agree

They saw your big /bbg/ dick and panicked

Hunter Axe vs Saw Cleaver

which one?

Not entirely true. Research Hall is pretty easy in general, and you can run to the second Hamlet lamp in about 30 seconds without getting hit once.

Ludwig is literally the biggest barrier for anyone trying to rush dlc stuff

B-but I'm a grill...

Most people will say the Axe is stronger, probably because it is. I like the Cleaver more though.

Both are pretty boring, the fun STR weapons are Kuckhammer and Stake Driver and both are very mediocre for PVE

Saw Cleaver is stronger so use that. If you really want to trivialize the game use Ludwig's or, better yet, Whirlgig

cleaver its DPS isn't even comparable to the shitty noob axe

Sorry, I'm not looking for raw AR, I'm talking about fun to use.

I usually a game using the Cleaver but I'm insanely bored by it's lame moveset, and I heard that the Axe was more engaging. I'm just asking if that's been other people's experience around here, because I tried the cane and it fucking sucks dick

>B-but I'm a grill...

It's a metaphorical dick, yet one you shall soon come to embrace

Is Beat Cutter fun?

Is it better than Amy's arm in any way?

>shitters all over the shop

Why even make builds?

>I tried the cane and it fucking sucks dick
What kind of build are you going for?

I ran a pure skl build with the Cane just to see if it ever got gud, but I stopped at around BSB, I just wasn't feeling it.

I usually like going physical/quality if I'm just running though the game

The equivalent of DaS1 backstab fishing

What's the best way to do a vit-gouge build in BB? There's no NR equivalent or anything like that in this game. The closest I can think of would be Kos Parasite and tricked Wheel with flat ARC gems. Am I wrong here?

>boot up wolf TNO
>play for an hour
>not feeling it
>start browsing /bbg/ during the cutscenes
>start up bb instead
>make new char

S-send help guys. Will i ever be able to play other games again?

Fun pure Strength Weapons
-Kirkhammer

Fun pure Skill Weapons
Burial Blade
Reiterpallasch
Saif
Church Pick

Fun Quality Weapons
-Stake Driver

Fun Str/Arcane Weapons
-HMLS
-Log Wheel

Fun Skl/Arcane Weapons
-Doesn't exist

Fun Skl/Blt Weapons
-Chikage

Fun Str/Blt Weapons
-Doesn't exist

This is the only Souls game where there are more fun Skill/Dexterity Weapons than Strength weapons.

So can any old guy just up and become a hunter? Do we know if they're exceptionally superhuman or something?

I'm just confused as to how they're so above the normal rabble.

I'm trying some of the chalice dungeons with all the rites; do people actually enjoy this? If an enemy even sneezes in my directing I fall over. It's ridiculous.

>so can just anyone try becoming a Hunter
they have to be hand-picked to enter the Dream

>do we know if they're exceptionally superhuman or something?
Let's see you try wielding a weapon as large as a Hunter Axe 1handed at base str. Being a Hunter is an inherent powerlevel boost.

>fun str weapons
>no memegig

>fun skl weapons
>no BoM

GTFO

>parasite isn't fun
>beast mode isn't fun

Beast Mode is the funnest thing in the game but parasite is ungodly boring

Playing parasite consists of just doing a post-dash woobity tentacle move sometimes and spamming L2

>not using the entire parasite moveset
>being one of those dash r1 l2 boys

It's like you don't like free aim vomit hitstuns.

Y-you ok, good hunter?

Oh, other games will come along, you'll play them, enjoy them, love them even, but in the back of your head will writhe that one little vermin that wants you to hunt, and hunt you will.

I don't know how good beast mode is but I do agree that the parasite is pretty overrated. Especially considering how much of a pain it is to get the thing.

> tfw FRC Chalice's with 10 Vitality

How do I make a character that doesn't look slightly different than the preset? How do I fuck with the sliders and make it look good?

Remember that Yharnamites regularly consume blood, more than booze and sex, and are full of the stuff. They receive it for medical treatment Yharnamites are prone to beasthood, and are conscripted by the church on nights of the hunt. That's what the Yharnam Hunter set is, the uniform of people conscripted as hunters.

As for the dream, countless hunters have passed through there, how do you know every poor Yharnamite shitter hasn't been there at least once? And the Hunter's Nightmare has a river made of the remains of hunters.

Anyone can be a hunter.

>implying that Vermin are real
just take off this here Impurity Rune and *poof!* No more Vermin!

>getting tricked by delusional madmen this easily
shameful

Does more health even make a difference? I have 30 vitality and I'm surprised when I survive a hit.

>how do you know every poor Yharnamite shitter hasn't been there at least once?
First, because they leave ragdolls behind upon death, instead of disappearing into mist like dreaming Hunters do (even blood-drunk Hunters who are on their way to the Nightmare)

Second, Ludwig's whole gimmick was him recruiting non-dreaming Yharnam normies to join in the Hunt, because apparently there weren't enough Dreaming Hunters to go around.

And the Yharnam Hunter Set explicitly states that non-dreaming Hunters are mere pretenders who get brutally fucked by the beasts by virtue of not having superhuman strength, agility, or rally powers

Not the guy you're responding to but why do you have to dream to be a hunter? Gehrman was a hunter before the dream existed and he did just fine

And Ludwig is the source of all this dead/failed hunters. The spring of the river.

So, thanks to Ludwig everyone can be a hunter ... by name only and as long as an OP beast cuts them to ribbons.

True hunters have talent and restrain.

well, wasnt he the first hunter to dream? Id imagine he 'created' it in a way.

tip: I have no idea what im talking about.

there's a distinction between Dreaming and non-Dreaming Hunters.

Dreaming Hunters are Hunters as we know them.

non-Dreaming Hunters are "Hunters" in the sense that they actually don't have any chance of doing anything productive, and will either die immediately or go blood-drunk, and/or transform in to a beast themselves.

Gehrman and his crew started Dreaming in the first place to boost their own powerlevels, because there's only so much you can do as a normal man. Especially when Byrgenwerth was sending Hunters into the Labyrinth to spelunk, and they had to fight the legitimately superhuman entities therein

Just a threadly reminder to all you hunters out there. Remember to lead by example and make /bbg/ a place where beastly idiocy is not allowed to run rampant.

You can technically be a Hunter without dreaming, the dream just gives you infinite retries at any given scenario and essentially makes you an unkillable godlike being who can destroy anything based on pure trial and error

As seen with the NPC hunters who don't dream, you CAN survive without but one death and you're done.

>doesn't know you can get vemin without rune

Get a load of this vermin apologist

Isn't the Moon Presence the creator of the dream? I thought it trapped Gehrman there, and Gehrman didn't have anything to do with the decision to dream

only in the Nightmare, when all sorts of fake bullshit is """""""real"""""""" because it's just a dream, none of it is real

NPC Hunters vanish on death.

And other people have said it, there's dreaming and non-dreaming hunters. But all those gravestones in the dream mean there's been a lot of dreaming hunters, many of whom were Yharnamites by virtue of proximity.

Laurence, Gehrman and co. beckoned the MP with an umbilical cord way back when they were all still in Byrgenwerth, and asked it to create the Hunter's Dream for them and give the Hunters powers. In exchange, Gehrman was trapped in the Dream forever as it's host.