Homebrew & Hacking General - /hbg/

Previous Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-New exploit in the works for US/JAP 3DS 11.0, based on SmileBASIC:wololo.net/2016/07/05/another-3ds-exploit-just-got-announced-game-smile-basic/
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax, OOT3D and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon
-Pokémon Picross announced as new secondary homebrew entrypoint
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/
-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-New IOSU exploit details for developers have been added to WiiUBrew, but don't expect anything yet.
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-5.6 may get released soon. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/zabcMhH3
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)
github.com/meladroit/svdt/releases
github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/download/v5.5/Luma3DSv5.5.7z
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes#payload-chainloading
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/231/~/system-menu-update-history
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

MHG (U) WHEN

What the fuck is there to look forward to on the scene?
Feels there's nothing left to do to the 3DS and no one gives a fuck about the Wii U

3rd for Spider-Man carrying a bag of cement through a ghost town.

I can't for the life of me find the DLC case for Dual Destinies. I haven't tried Freeshop though.

>What the fuck is there to look forward to on the scene?
New gaymes only, I guess.
Or exploits for 11.0

So wait.

I have an old original 3DS with up to date emuNAND, I could run that European version of MHGen. It still has the English patched version of MHX on it too.

I'll be buying the eShop version when it comes out on my N3DS.

The save should be able to transfer easily, right? I know next to nothing about 3DS homebrew aside from the little I had to do to get the MHX .cia or .3ds (whichever I used I forget) working.

I'm seeing mentions of looking into JKSM?

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

If you find it then let me know, please.

I should mention I'm playing on a US N3DS. The homebrew'ed 3DS has region free obviously.

REMINDER: If you bought MHX you can use this to transfer your save to MHGen pastebin.com/zabcMhH3

DAISUKI

can we make a save on MHG EU and then convert it to an MHG US save once that comes out?

Good evening gentlemen and London.
I have created a quick and easy guide for shitposting with guaranteed replies.
Shitposters, these are entry level tips.
Anons, please continue as you were.
In order to make or spot a shitpost, you need to ask yourself if it meets any of these requirements.
Does the post
>have a question answered by the OP
>have transgender slurs pertaining to Aurora Wright
>ask for when something is released
>ask for a DS emulator without firm patching or a flash cart
>contain the number 5
>pertain to the PlayStation Vita© console
>contain a running joke otherwise known as a 'meme'
>contain the word 'leak' or any variant thereof
>ask for when something will be released
>ask about github projects without Google 1st page knowledge
>talks about 3dsiso
>talk about gbaTemp
>begin a flame war between Rei, Aurora, and mid-kid
>break a global rule
>break a board rule
>have a name besides Anonymous
>have a tripcode attached, secure or insecure
If the post in question has none of these, then I recommend some changes.
Shitposters should retype their post to include one or two of these. Guaranteed replies are useful in keeping these threads alive when the lack of actual content is clear.
Anonymous can answer concisely to both with respectful and well-written posts that bump the thread so it is not flooded by any general.
Examples of other generals that have and may flood the board include /utg/, /ksg/, /fnafg/, and obviously /nintyg/.
Remember to follow this guideline, and absolutely everything that can go wrong will go left.
Not right.

yes

and it's really easy actually

>-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.

you can update what? sysnand?

thanks, I didnt want to start on EU if I couldnt switch to US when it gets out

EmuNAND.
Or SysNAND, if you have a9lh.

Is a cobra ODE worth the money?

I have 11.0 sysnand (a9lh) but I was wondering if it was possible to access emunand on legit 11.0 with that new exploit

ok, so I tried to buy a theme in order to get rid of a dollar on my account

but it is saying an update is available for content I have previously downloaded. it says I won't be able to get later content without this update

what should I do?

how do i install hblauncher_loader.cia i already had rxtool installed and now i have luma. the beginning of github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade) says to backup saves github.com/meladroit/svdt/releases (i downloaded the files but don't know how to install) and to have hblauncher.cia installed just in case. i installed the hbl.cia from github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases using fbi but after the booting it is stuck on a black screen.

is there something else i can use to back up saves or how do i install that save manager and how to get that hbl.cia to install and boot properly.

Why would you?
There's literally no reason to have EmuNAND running, if you already have a9lh

I followed the 3ds guide successfully and didn't fuck everything up. Feels good.

But I have to go to bed for work and can't actually try anything because it took so long.

Emunand will always need a kernel exploit, which is limited to 9.2 and below unless you have a9lh.

put the boot file from the starter kit on your root

I don't want emunand anymore, I know some people still use emunand with a9lh and they have their own reasons for that but I don't need it.

I just wanted to know what's going on with non a9lh users that are stuck in 11.0.

They get to be NEVER EVER kickass homebrew fags unless they learn how to solder.

>I just wanted to know what's going on with non a9lh users that are stuck in 11.0.
If it's EmuNAND 11.0, then it means they have 9.2 SysNAND. If anything, they are still in the clear.
Or I am just talking out of my ass.

sysnand doesn't necessarily have to be 9.2: it could be anything between 4.x and 9.2, have a9lh installed and an updated sysnand on 11.0 too, or some totally private exploit we don't know about (the most unlikely)

I'm still using an early a9lh fork that delebile compiled in early march, it doesn't even have screen init. I know I can update using the safe installer.

which a9lh should I get

I heard there's a new a9lh version and there's also some forks that allow you to boot with no sd card because they feature some mini cfw that boots when there's no sd

Really? I could vaguely remember some guides asking people to update to 9.2 if they are lower.
But I guess lower firmwares are still a possibility

Hey is there anyway to hack pokemon without an action reply since I have my 3ds hacked now? Cause screw breeding for ivs amiright?

Literally a general in vp for that.

>starter kit
thanks user that worked.

It's technically possible. Getting shit started is more obnoxious below 9.0. It needs pretty significant deviations from the guide, but all of the necessary tools work just fine, albeit browser-launched rather than homebrew-launched (except Luma doesn't boot 7.x+ EmuNAND below 7.x, you'd have to use a different CFW like Cakes). It's much, much easier to just update people to 9.2 first though.

I remember having 6.1 and I had to update to 9.0-9.2. it's not that 6.1 was safe. I could still access the homebrew launcher using the spider exploit.

It's just that most exploits were made/updated for 9.0-9.2 and it was more convenient.

>Q: How do I move to a new SD card at the end of this?
>A: Just copy all the files to the new SD card.

is it really as simple as that? I want to format my sd because I fucked up and it's fucking slow but I don't want to lose my mhg save now that I'm done with the fucking gathering stuff. I also don't want to lose my homebrew apps.

Has the Loadiine site always tried to play some video file when executing the script? I'm just getting a "Video could not be played" error all of a sudden.

update if you have cfw man.

copy and paste if you on a9lh.

I see so its called injecting

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as A9LH, is in fact, A9LH/Luma, or as I've recently taken to calling it, A9LH plus Luma. A9LH is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Luma system made useful by the A9LH corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

ok

Pls don't bully Akarin

Can we convert MHG EU to US save file when US comes out and how?

Hi friends. How tf do I play gba/gbc/snes games on my a9lh+luma 3ds? I do have an R4 that works that I could use for the gbc games with an emulator but I would prefer having direct access from the home menu.

install them like any other game, snes n3ds for o3ds use blarg injected cias

Learn how to use google

If I find them in ciangel are they safe?

Google is outdated af... Are you gonna say "learn how to use google" for everyone that asks a question in here? Here's your (You)

ye

No, I'm actually generally pretty helpful usually but whenever I see a question that is easily answerable on Google I tell people to do so because it'll answer their question anyways, and you pick up a nice skill for future questions you have.

Give a man a fish, etc.

Learn2google you fag

You don't even need google when we have a perfectly good OP up there.

I know. Spoonfeed-fags always get defensive but it's honestly for their own good, like when they don't have access to the thread or if everyone ignores them.

I just finished installing the CFW on my 3ds, but I couldn't understand how to play .3ds files. Do I need specifically the .cia to install it? Why there are .3ds files available at all?

Because Sky3DS and Gatewait users still exist in 2016, believe it or not.

You can convert .3ds files with 3dsconv or the (now somewhat outdated) simple converter on gbatemp.

not him, but does 3dsconv allow disabling region-free patching like the simple converter removed like a year ago? i went back to using some ancient converter i got from maxconsole gateway forums when he did that lol and it doesn't work with some things

.3ds is for the emulator or gateway/sky3ds they are the roms, they are converted into cias so you can install them

oh, I see. thanks. I kind of understand how some people might be frightened to install everything by themselves though. I will look into the converter and into CIAngel. thanks again

CFW has region-free by default now so you don't need to butcher the roms.

It doesn't do region-free patches. The main thing it does better is that it supports converting decrypted roms without a trip to a 3DS (the simple one chokes on those for some reason).

no need for you to convert it when there's a 99% chance there's already a cia for the game you're looking for

i know it does, that's why i'm wondering if 3dsconv gives you the option not to apply region-free patching. the person who develops the simple converter at gbatemp decided that nobody should use region locked cias, which were the only way to use out of region dlc at the time, so i haven't used any recent versions of it.

I just got my new SD card, I'm on Luma/A9LH do I literally just copy paste it over?

ye

>search for Project X Zone 2 on 3DS titlekeys site and CIAngel
>neither have the game from any region
>but they have the DLC and updates

What the fuck man?

CIAngel is okay for DLC
Freeshop is better for games

what aboot funkeycia

I don't think Freeshop has it either. It seems to be entirely missing from all the databases along with a bunch of other games.

Makes a lot more sense than you think, DLC and updates can be downloaded and have their titlekeys dumped for cart & pirate versions. Updates don't even require having the game, you can get those off the eShop for free.

the pastebin says that with Luma installed I need only to install the gba cia files, but where do I download them? There is only that crappy forum and its gba files are on megaupload where I already reached my limit

>allocation unit size

It's a 64gb sd card and I need to format it to fat32, what happens if I choose 65536 instead of 32XXX?

Games load faster.

Slightly.

What the fuck is hourglass for? Isn't it like a retard-proof Decrypt9? Why do I even have a hourlgass payload?

>Isn't it like a retard-proof Decrypt9?
Yes. It literally only exists and is literally only used because a few retards didn't pick "keep a9lh" in Decrypt9 at the end and ended up flashing 11.0 without a9lh. You don't need it if you're not literally retarded.

Hey everyone. Does anyone know if rx tools 3 works with cfw 11.0? Or any way to change my cfw? I did all the stuff on my 3ds some months ago and I kinda forgot it all.

It does but for some technical reasons it's extremely likely it'll break on 11.0, or at least very soon. Just follow the gif to switch to Luma, it's literally that easy.

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/download/v5.5/Luma3DSv5.5.7z

>on 11.0
Meant 11.1

Seriously? It's that easy?

And all stuff I have will work with just swapping those files? What about the first boot? And menuhax?

Yes, it is that easy. You'll still be using Menuhax to boot, you don't even have to reinstall it.

Yes, the emunand is still the same, you'll just be using something different (and much better) to launch it).

Pic related explains what I said earlier about rxTools breaking.

Well that's... Reconforting to say the last. I also used a tool to backup Emunand, do you know it's name?

Also it's 11.1 out? Or did you mean 'after that update'?

I didn't understand a single bit of that post.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Part 2 of this guide is 9.2 sysNAND dowgrade. If my sysNAND is below this and I'm running latest emuNAND, do I need to upgrade to 9.2 sysNAND to continue?

>I also used a tool to backup Emunand, do you know it's name?

That's either Decrypt9 or Emunand9. Either way, with Luma you can use a chainloader to load them while holding a chosen button so you don't need CTRBootManager anymore. See instructions on how to use it here: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes#payload-chainloading

On your first boot of Luma, it'll ask you some things to Enable. For emunand, usually you just enable Show Current NAND (so you get a custom version string on System Settings), The clock thing on N3DS and/or Lang Emulation if you care about them, the others are A9LH-oriented.

>the part of the system version that the system apps use to check if they are allowed to boot not updated since 9.6
>rxTools uses the 9.6 one
>finally updated in 3DS version 11.0
>but for some reason the system apps still aren't checking for it
>they're likely to start doing so in the next firmware and rxTools will break
>it's no longer developed

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/231/~/system-menu-update-history

Not out yet. Could be out tomorrow though, every Monday night is a risk.

Would it be possible to use NTR to do something like writing a small "damage dealt" number overlaying games like Monster Hunter? I feel like that'd be a pretty useful thing to have.

Buying a n3ds XL off a friend. It's got 10.7.0 can I cfw that? No experience with n3ds XL.

The extreme condensed (and technically incorrect) version: the kernel version number was finally updated from 9.6 to 11.0. rxTools is stuck using the 9.6 kernel and development has been dead since February with the old devs even admitting they couldn't get 10.0 (yes, 10.0, not a typo) to work.

The Home Menu for 11.0 says it requires the 9.6 kernel... because Nintendo didn't actually update the menu in 11.0 at all, we're still using a 10.7 menu. When 11.1 comes out, the menu will require an 11.0 kernel, like Nintendo has historically done whenever they bump the kernel version. If the system sees that the 11.1 home menu runs on a 9.6 kernel, it will blackscreen/errorscreen. Result: rxTools won't boot an 11.1 EmuNAND ever. And it won't be getting updated because the dev team is dead.

Thank you very much user

op

I downgraded and homebrewed my N3DS in like January and I haven't been keeping up with anything. If I wanted to kinda clean my 3DS up and start all over again, would that be feasible, and how would I go about it? Thanks

If it's 9.0, just continue as normal. If it's below 9.0, you need to update it to 9.2.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update

Hey wait a second, I have to change something on boot.cfg right?

If you have an exploit game cartridge, sure.

Assuming you already have your own 3DS hacked, if you have OoT/PokeORAS/PSMD cartridge you could install an exploit save in them and run in that other 3DS. Cubic Ninja or Freaky Forms work in any scenario but you probably don't have them. If you don't have any of these games, don't buy it.

How do I install gba roms on a9lh luma3ds

yes but that's about it.

Nevermind I misread that as "buying for a friend". You still gotta get those games to hack it, so it's not worth it.

Nah, you won't be using CtrBootManager anymore. Though you could if you wanted to (in that case you'd just leave the boot.3dsx alone rather than replacing it and change the top entry in boot.cfg from /rxTools/sys/code.bin to /Luma3DS.dat).