/pgg/ Pokémon Go General

Where do you plan on going today to catch Pokemon?

>About the game
pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

>What is it?
Pokemon Go can be described simply as the Geocaching of Pokemon. Grab your smartphone, get some exercise, catch some mons, battle some people - the usual Pokemon gig.

>Some questions answered
pastebin.com/spEFYmPw
Feel free to add more to the pastebin, keep it in the OP though.

Basic info:
As you traverse the real world, as represented on the in-game map, you'll occasionally run into tufts of rustling grass. Approaching these will end with a Pokémon appearing on the map, and clicking on it will initiate a battle.

Battles aren't between two Pokémon, though. They're between a Pokémon and your ability to swipe a Poké Ball in their direction. When you engage a Poké Ball, a colored ring will appear around the opponent. These change in size after each capture attempt. Throwing a Ball during a smaller window seems to be more effective, based on our time with the game, but that's a part we're still trying to figure out.
Going near water will attract water Pokémon. Playing at night brings out more nocturnal creatures, like Clefairy and Gastly.
Hatching Eggs: Each Egg displays the number of kilometers you must walk for the Egg to hatch. In general, the more kilometers required, the rarer the Pokémon that will hatch. A notification will appear when the Egg has hatched.
Make sure you have the Pokémon GO app open while you walk. Kilometers walked when the Pokémon GO app is closed won’t count toward hatching your Eggs.
Gyms: Fight at your team's gym to train and increase it's reputation. Fight at other team's to decrease their reputation. Tap your opponent to hit them, swipe left or right to dodge attacks, once one or more blue bars are filled, tap and hold to power up your secondary attack, release when the smaller blue bar fills up. Take over other teams' gyms and put your mons in to defend them.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10712862
imgur.com/a/VGnUN)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Boring game.

reposting

>tfw mommy took me to upgrade my iPhone 4 to a 6S

Now I can Pokemon Go too

shitty overhyped game, bug ridden, catering to city kids, fuck this

Does anyone here know if an LG Stylo 2 will run this? My LG Tribute crashes trying to accept the EULA (Ingress was always laggy, obviously this game wouldn't be better.)

Are ALL these green dots pokestops? I checked out the ingress intel and I thought my place was hot shit for having a few in walking distance

post pokestops within 2 minutes of your house

Has the eevee evolution by move set been debunked or is that still the run in theory?

post trainer

You should see Japan.

It caters to those that played Ingress

This is your fault too

strawpoll.me/10712862

I doubt every single portal in Ingress is also a Pokestop. Lots were submitted by users, and they have to look at them all again. I know a lot of portals in my town were added a year or more back and are now gone/changed name.

>that boring as fuck road layout

keking hell, is the UK the only place that knows how to build a city?

>"Choose your style"
>not "are you a boy or a girl?"

Are they trying not to get trannys bitching on Twitter? I mean, they'll bitch about something anyway.

keks. we still know it's Greater Toronto.
But no not all of them will be pokestops. Some of the portal zones never made it over, but a large portion of them did apparently.

Ingress. Large Cities. Pretty much all there is to it.

I'm so sorry user

>pogoing in DC with gf, bro, his gf, and some new people we met
>go to this quadruple lure spot in a kinda of risky spot, but fuck it powerleveling
>someone gets shot right in front of us
Hoooly fuck I've never been so shaken, cops otw and we agreed to stay to answer questions.

kinda like you're bitching?

the medals for boy's still have "punk girl, battle girl, and fairy tale girl"

>implying gender is binary

You don't actually believe that do you? It's [current year] you fucking biggot

nice story user topkeks. maybe add in a pic of a dead guy next time or something

What's a biggot?

>hamilton
>gta

any actualy CITY OF TORONTO anons know some good spots to catch neat pokemon?

>play pokemon go for 8 hours straight
>Nexus 6p = 3450 mAh
Sure kid, sure.

Playing 8 hours straight would at least require 15k mAh

the map literally froze loading everything holy shit

probably still means that mall area is a giant wonderland for pokestops yeah?

yeah this city is shit, I'll 100% admit that

a pokemon right?

its strange that, my pal in america lives in floridal rural and his areas a grid with 1 poke stop, i live just outside london and i can snake around building to find a poke stop and gym on every 2nd to 3rd street, its awesome here for PoGo

>tfw nothing but Zubats and caterpies/weevils
>tfw there are supposedly neat shit like meowths around
>never find them

>every phone has the same power consumption plating this game

Hatch 10k eggs. That's all there is to it. Like that reddit git who hatched a 2k CP Lapras. (imgur.com/a/VGnUN) Sit at a pokestop and farm until you get enough shit, then walk around farming Pidgeys, raise your rank and you start to see more shit.

Many mall areas have a large amount of portals yes. Just stick to the intel map and go from there. If you never had Ingress players in your area, you're pretty much short on luck. Don't expect Niacorp to open submissions again anytime soon.

>picked yellow
>can't take down local gyms cause they're all red and 1hp bug
Anyone tried to get their accounts deleted and start a new one? How long does it take?

I looked at ingress intel, the mall area looked like it was absolutely covered in green and blue dots

How long will it take for this game to die?

Try harder. I've had some pretty rare pokemon spawn around my neighborhood. Things like Tentacool and Dratini.

Not very long at this rate

Is there any worse feeling in this game than driving and a rare pokemon pops up?

>Be me today
>on the highway
>Gengar shadow
>Have to keep driving

>closest mall to me has no portals
>church down my street is not a portal
>closest portal is at the college campus two miles away

Why didn't my neighbors play Ingress, holy shit.

Wait for people to hit the cap, then when they start complaining about nothing to do people will drop off slowly. Same thing that happened in Ingress. You get dedicated people that will stay no matter what, and you get people who will continue to treat this as casual walking game as the ones leftover.

So no it won't die for a while.

tap on it quickly, you'll stay in battle until it's caught.

Git gud

I always turn AR off in the car, it makes things fucking impossible

I can't even imagine catching a zubat with AR on, they're enough of a pain as it is

For a Zubat?

someone needs to shop a scared pedestrian into this.

Same reason why everybody else didn't play Ingress, they didn't know shit about it, niacorp never bothered with any promotion, and it's a linear game. People are playing Ingress Pokemon for Pokemon, not for the Ingress part of it.

Plenty of stories of people slowing down on the highway or pulling over to catch shit, you can too! If you swerve and create a car wreck, everybody will stop, and you can take the time to catch the Gengar and all the gastlies that spawn from people dying!

I wish this thing sent push notifications when a Pokemon was near

Hard to drive/walk with the app open

>nightcall starts playing

GYMS FIXED

WHEN
H
E
N

>Hard to walk with the app open

Can an LG L22C Power run this? The Optimus I have now can't despite Google Play saying it can.

Focus on the app and stop focusing on driving user. The pedestrians and other cars will avoid you. Just put on cruise control and let the car do its thing while you catch pokemon.

does turning off AR just centre the pokemon permanently? I often find its easier to land direct hits with a one handed playing style by aiming my camera so the pokemon is hugging the right side of the screen

I uhh have trouble walking with the app open, if I put it in my pocket it minimizes when it rubs and I hate holding it

Source: Me

Yes

A question for iphone users who switched their app store over to another country to get the game early, I just heard from a few people that when I try to switch my app store back to the Canadian one upon the games release that I will lose all my progress.

is this true? I mean I log in with my google account so I dont see why it would be attached to the appstore and not my email.

Thanks for any help you guys have. I don't really want to waste all my time on something I'll have to redo.

when it rubs on what?
put it in your pocket and it doesn't rub on anything lmao

If you face the screen outward it greatly reduces the chances of rubbing and minimizing

source: me

Dont listen to those fucking morons, reddit

Yes. You're using different accounts. One in whatever your normal store is, and one in the Canadian store

and you find its easier to catch the mons this way?

It's complete bullshit

just evolved an eevee with swift and it became a flareon. Before that I evolved an eevee with body slam and it also became a fucking flareon

now I have 3. Need a jolteon for fucks sake

>go for a walk
>see a pokestop at a walking trail
>one person is there playing
>walk for a bit
>decide to drop a lure
>no pokemons really pop up
>suddenly a rush of cars come
>more people come over
>start talking and showing pokemons
>a rush of cars come again
>a family starts coming and chatting
>lure dies and decide to leave
Shit pokespot for a lure but was nice to see people getting together and talking

Should I transfer all the pokemon under the highest CP or do I have to worry about certain ones having better movesets?

No fucking fair.

The damn pipe layers get a fucking stop as the mascot right outside their barracks. While us smart MOSes have to go to the post office.

Certainly don't have to move my phone around like a retard trying to get them. Probably better on battery life too

>tfw all your normie friends chose Valor except for one who chose Mystic

What's an Instinct master race gotta do to get a break around here?

>be me at the mall today
>catching zubat
>literally the hardest common pokemon for me to catch
>thing is flying everywhere
>holding up my phone like a retard taking a picture
>zubat swerves to the right
>i swerve to the right and throw my pokeball
>woman next to me says "please dont take pictures of me"
>tell her i wasnt
>she walks away with a face like she smelled something gross

>just bought new phone
>LG Stylo 2
>had to be sure it could play PoGo before I paid for it
I hope this game is as decent as Ingress was for me. I work at a library, and it (like every branch in my town) is a PokeCenter. So I should be able to farm all day.

Two step Parasect outside my place, worth going out to find it?

did you fart?

Definitely

Moveset is more important, Cp can always be gained.

>drive around my area to scope gyms/stops
>valor
>mystic
>mystic
>mystic
>instinct
>valor
>mystic

gas all mystic fags desu

>sergeant where's the mail?

>playing with AR in public, alone

I know you're just role-playing but come on now

>Valor
Normal people on the fucking normie side
>Mystic
Normal people on the im such a nerd side
>Instinct
Angsty contrarians and hipsters

Is this accurate?

Yeah but the app store uses a different email than the one I log into the game with, that's why I dont exactly understand why that would be true, I didnt sign up with a username or my phone or whatever, just my gmail adress

sieg heil!

>Valor
Fags
>Mystic
Fags
>Instinct
Fags

Instinct here, I can confirm that I chose it almost purely to be contrarian.

I also like electric types.

mate i just like yellow fuck you

Because it treats your gmail account as the username

is dragonite rare?

Do I have to be in a city to play this game? I like taking long walks in the middle of the fucking woods. No roads, just jeep and ATV trails. Will I find anything in the middle of nowhere?

my nearby bar keeps having some flashy lines come off of it but when i click it i dont see any nearby pokemon... wtf???

There is a few Instinct gyms in my area

You seem angry

This is literally why I chose it too. Yellow is my favorite color after pink.

tbqh I just think Articuno is the most aesthetic of the legendary birds, typing weaknesses be damned.

Moltres is close but Zapdos looks like it's having a seizure.

You will not. URBAN environments only.

>Go on long ass walk to the only pokestop in my town
>Pokestop wont give anything
>No pokemon the entire walk

I think Im done until they at least release trading, maybe until they (hopefully) release live battles with people nearby

>join instinct
>evolve eevee
>get vaporeon

NICE GAME MYSTICFAGS

We just don't know.

>plan a Pokemon journey for tomorrow
>spend hours on it
>really excited
>going to bed
>decide to check the weather for tomorrow
>rain all day

fuckk me sideways and call me ash

My thought process
>yellow
Isn't that the one asshole gym leader from the first season? fuck him.
>red
female mascot. shit pokemon representation
>blue
seems chill.

in fact i havent seen a single pokemon outside of using incense... makes you think...

>see 3 team instinct bros at local post office capturing a gym from red fags
>they put a 19 caterpie, 470 pidgeotto, and a 701 Flareon on it
>neat
>notice its getting battled already
>only down to flareon when battle stops
>head on over and train gym to prestige 2
>drop a 970 Vaporeon on it
feels good