/evog/ - Evolve General

Behemoth WHEN edition

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve (stage 2)?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>I heard the game was dead?
It was (at least on PC). 100-200 players and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now 18k people are playing it.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Copy paste:

Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total, though some are variations of others. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (The Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vg-Evolve

last bred:

1st for thicc spider butt

Post tier lists or Wraith in stockings

Any "competitive scene", with pickups/pugs or anything?

This game some actual fucking tutorials and tooltips, and if possible a testmap.

Just someplace where you can actually test things you have to compare them, explore the maps to learn the spots of dangerous shit, try out various things on a dummies, practice your jetpack traverse, use your skill to see how effective they are ect., Instead of HERE'S THE FREE MERC OF YOUR ASSIGNED CLASS. GET EM CHAMP.

reminder of youre a wraith you can abduct fallen hunters if you want to play with your food

Do Acidic Rounds work with Bucket's turrets?

can you still remove buckets head?

how do i all chat

No.

He has a skill that resets everyone's cooldowns now.

Someone needs to tell these bucket players that their cooldown reset does not work on the planet tracker. I am tired of getting yelled at by them when I play tracker

Wraith is so fucking anti-fun that I'm seriously just gonna leave if someone picks it

Even when I win against that shit it's not satisfying at all

>interested in lennox
>ever since hitting 10, I only ever see wraiths and eleder krakens
Gee.

thats all youre going to see until they get a nerf

Friday
>Hunters are the strongest
>Wraith is the only good monster

Saturday
>Hunters are the weakest
>Wraith, Gorgon, Kraken are all bullshit

Sunday
>Hunters need serious buffs
>All monsters except Behemoth are overpowered

Wonder what tomorrow will bring

sound very entitled

This is based off of overall pick viability. Some hunters obviously do extremely well against some monsters, and extremely bad against others.

Monsters:
1. Gorgon/Elder Kraken
2. Wraith
3. Goliath
4. Behemoth

I havent seen a single regular kraken

Assault:
1.Hyde
1. Markov
2. Lennox
3. Torvald
4. Parnell

Trapper:
1. Griffin
2. Crow
3. Abe
4. Maggie/Jack
5, Waggie

Support:
1. Sunny
2. Hank
3. Bucket
4. Cabot
5. Kala

Medic:
Honestly not sure. But Caira and Val seem like the best

>monster tracks lead straight
>2 seconds into game: "Hey Trapper can you use tracker so we have a general idea of where he is"
>use it
>monster is right fucking infront of us like usual
>ignore everybody from there on

PSA if you're a trapper you should never fucking use planet tracker at the beginning

Okay? I don't see how that matters.

PSA if the monster makes a fake trail and you fall for it, feel like a retard for saving a twenty second cooldown ability.

How the fuck do I play cabot. Half the games we wreck the guy the other half we get dunked.

i mean you have your own reason to leave a game over a monster

posting it here like anyone cares is rather silly though dont you think?

just keep it to yourself, im sure there are otehrs who felt or feel the same way but really come on

Don't worry about Literally just some guy who bought Wraith to farm keys and is upset that the devs actually realized their fuck up and are going in for the nerf ASAP

The only monster that is properly balanced is Meteor Goliath. Goliath is UP, Gorgon is pushing it because of its mobility, Kraken and Elder is out here, Wraith is unplayable

Yet I've only been faked one time as a level 19 Griffin, when my entire team followed me instead of flanking and he just ran the other direction

thanks for trying though

?

you clearly see thread after thread about someone complaining about a monster, it contributes nothing. i was just saying everyone already knows this and doesn't need to be parroted every time because of how silly it is

but sure project me as a guy who bought wraith or w.e, clearly im that same person since you know

what does this guy do exactly? i keep seeing them stay out of dome

had a guy cry about how he's dead but gets rez by the robo

He wasn't even good, was he?

Actual dog hunter when?

I always take videogames seriously.
And I feel panicked and lost when I dont feel safe and untouch.
Every fucking single as a monster I panic and lose. I cant outplay them because I always feel like they're going to get me in a minute. I try to run more and often lose animals I should eat.
What do.
When playing hunters I can rely on my mates.

for medic it's Val and Rogue Val. Caira if you can aim

Monster isn't fucking hard

Go feed on wildlife until you get your shield

Focus your abilities on one person to get them down, preferably the Medic or Support

If the Trapper is pooning you, you're going to be in trouble. I recommend just focusing him down and hoping he's not good at confrontation. Just don't half ass it, he can still poon your ass until he's down

Monsters are OP in general currently, so shouldn't be a problem

They stay out of the dome to get ready to place a respawn beacon if you die, the monster can't get to it then to destroy it.
By doing this those EMET players are choosing not to use their healing buoys instead for most of a fight but the stay outside strat can actually be the better one if the monster is reliably destroy the buoys before you can even start healing. Healing Burst might go through the bubble but someone would have to confirm that for me.

I find Caira to be relaxing. Spam heal, switch, spam napalm, go to 1 repeat!

Isn't it pointless since the dome comes down if two people get downed?

literally you're an apex predator in a small jungle against 4 humans with guns traps mines and who knows what

you're an animal, this is survival of the fittest. if you lose you lose but take note of your mistakes and how the enemy killed you

What makes Parnell so bad? I did figure he was neato until I saw the whole "Take double damage just to get a higher fire-rate" thing, seemed like a bad idea.

Lennox is fun as fuck though. Fisting monsters for quad-combos and finishing with a SLAM JAM is great.

Parnell used to be really good. They just gimped his super soldier ability super bad.

I want friends for this game.
Where do I find friends?

Holy fucking GOD WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED
>Meteor Goliath
>Play Lennox
>Do 30k damage total, fucking ridiculous this thing wasn't dead at the time
>Medic is shooting flames at the monster while it's pummeling my ass
>Get two fucking marks immediately and die twice because the medic relies on her burst
>Finally stage 3
>Bucket player keeps saying "Play Time" in chat
>Duke it out at the relay, medic finally starts healing me
>Doesn't matter my health is too low but wow who would've guessed being kept alive meant the monster got raped hard
>Bucket charges at the monster while it goes at the Relay
>Dies immediately
>Monster starts tearing at the relay
>Crow sits on a hill nearby and just starts fucking shooting
>Monster has two full health bars
>Crow won't stop shooting the monster
>While being shot the monster is actually regenerating armor
>Nice mechanic TRS
>Monster gets down to half a bar of health holy fuck we might win this
>Crow keeps fucking firing
>Starts hitting armor
>We're fucked
>Unmoving, Crow keeps shooting
>Monster dies just as it leaps at the Crow
What the fuck just happened, retard fucking Caira weird Bucket, based Crow, and I hope I pulled my weight with all that fucking damage

On a side note, the new fucking defense metrix for the assault sucks so much shit

They're usually banking on teammates being braindead with that strategy so in theory its better to put it down somewhere outside where the monster potentially has no idea where you are so you don't die before your teammates drop back in.
As an EMET main I don't personally exercise that strategy and the only way I'd even consider it is if we were stuck in a wide open flat arena with nothing to hide the beacon behind. Otherwise I'd be in there doing the solid damage EMET has and spam Healing Burst because even if the Monster keeps fucking up your Buoy's EMET's Healing Burst CD is incredibly low for that reason.

i'll be your friend but im shit at every class

Crow's charged Long Rifle shot goes through armor you dip

Me too.

Now I realized I'd have to share my steam, and I don't wanna share my steam.

>On a side note, the new fucking defense metrix for the assault sucks so much shit
What changed? Haven't played since the beta.

Why not?

Newfag here, loved the vampirism maps in WC3, want to try Evolve out.

What tips can you give me?

It's basically useless for what the Assault is supposed to do, which is tanking hits when you're getting focused by the monster

Not only are you no longer invincible, but you still get knocked around like you are on an ice skate

Basically the only use is to weather the most damaging ability the monster has and hope he switches focus for some reason, which he simply won't because he now has the opportunity to knock out the damage dealer

Gorgon best?

Why ? This shit deal 0 dmg unless you get lvl 3

stupid space bar but 0 dmg

dont be discouraged if you lose as monster, just practice

Oh man, that does suck pretty hard then.

Any tips for each of the assault classes? Also, does Lennox's ground pound benefit from her Plasma Lance's combo booster?

>bought gorgon
>lost 3 in a row
what the fuck
Am i that bad
Also how do I aim with spider
Just shoot into target or it doesnt matter?

This is Veeky Forums.

I'd say that as Assault your main role is still to get up the monster's ass and pound his shit with your most damaging gun

He'll likely try to focus whoever is not you, since Medic and Support undo his damage and Trapper can tether his ass still

Otherwise, just use your most damaging gun always, if the monster is too far away use your jetpack aggressively to dash into it

Not too sure about Lennox, but sadly Lennox is a mid-tier choice. If your team doesn't heal and shield properly or they abandon the Medic they are in trouble quickly

Drop it at your feet and let it do the rest, remember to acid spit whoever gets caught

>came to this game to play as a giant kaiju
>out of 7 monsters there is only one big
>its locked for unknown amount of time
behemoth when

i had the idea of asking this general if they wanted to start a lobby for evog and rotate each round, p1 monster p2 ass p3 medic p4 support p5 trapper

next round would be p2 monster p3 ass p4 medic p5 support p1 trapper and would repeat till full circle every round

no salt no hate just fun and learning with /all

but too lazy and tomorrow is monday

I played with one 30 minutes ago

>Play a game, Pick Val cos she's a cutie
>Kraken
>We get him low, 2 bars of health
>We end up losing.
>11 year old Asian tells us we got "rekt"
>Q up again
>Asian boi
>Picks Fire Gol
>Think its an easy win
>Get in game, our trapper goes AFK
>Loose, Cry as 11 year old taunts me

Cabot seems great, but his abilities sound like they'll only work well if you either have a friend playing Assault, or you have a really well coordinated team.

Can't currently decide between playing Assault or Support. Bad assaults mean the monster never dies, but a bad support means the medic will never be able to heal the team quick enough to keep them alive.

I know, faggot I've played long before he was released. That game was so monumentally retarded that we really shouldn't have won. Our medic was utter trash and our Bucket right off the bat popped his ability charger or whatever it is. I put down plenty of damage but without the medic I died. Crow did a good job tracking, but the fact that the goliath flailed at the relay like a retard while he was being raped was stupid.

Whatever, I won.

>queuing with a friend
>he drops randomly and come back
>we both get into a game
>he's not with me
>he says I'm in his game
>somehow I'm in two separate games

What the fuck is wrong with their networking.

who would you rather have on your team, blitz markov or lennox?

>Cabbot
>Lennox
>Rape the monster by shoving a damage boosted plasma lance right up its ass

Support is more interesting

Bad Assaults can still get good damage in. Bad Supports end games because the Medic gets focused and pounded

I think ranked play should give more keys

You sure it wasn't a 24 year old woman?

i only like support as Tech. Hank, he's extremely strong with prema shield but it's also his biggest weakness not being able to use it very well in an actual fight. his beam satellite is super cool but easily countered by caves or ceilings

i want to learn cabot

So I finally got 6k, who do I get? I don't mind any of the roles, I just want to have fun. Not digging rotation medic/trapper atm. Are there any of those classes that bring something more interesting?

Griffen

Slim

Lennox

Hank

Get off your high horse douchebag.

Is there a greater feeling than watching the medic get carried away by your spiders and then vomiting on them?

>D-DOUCHEBAG!!!!!
I fail to see how I'm on a high horse. You fucking assumed I didn't know about Crow's rifle - I did. I don't see how me pointing out my damage was good is bad either. Sorry my Caira didn't use her healing grenades either.

Not the guy that said Crow's Rifle went through armor, I just think you're a brat.

Who do I play to unlock/upgrade Poisonous Rounds for free?

Can computers that can run overwatch on lowest run this on lowest?

probably not, this game is run of cry engine.

>Computer ran Evolve at 60fps high before Stage 2
>Every time I load in the game fucking crashes, half of the time with a "CRYENGINE CRASHED!" message other times its just an errorless ctd
What the fuck do I do

ne1
i can't see the silver perks in the character level tree

>pick slim
>get shielded by hank
>spam shotgun + healburst
>12k damage
>game doesnt say how much healing but it was a lot

:ok:

it's FREE why not just download and try it out yourself? they seemed to remove some stuff to get the loading times faster etc

just download it dude

>Healers that don't heal
>Uses fire bullets on monster instead

It's not for me.

>Goliath leaves a giant trail of Footprints even on ground they've jumped over

That's legitimately fucking retarded.

Traversals recharge so fucking fast now that it would be impossible to track down the monster without that and the planet scanner

The monster is literally going to spend 50 % of its movements doing traversals

>Lennox vs. Gorgon

idk user im not tech support

>Oooh here comes the mimic spider >:3
>LANCED
>B-better watch out for my little tiny spiders that will carry you away :3
>LANCED
>W-well I'll just use my acid!
>JUMP OVER THAT SHIT AND SLAM DUNK

Lennox a best.

Jack seems pretty bad as a trapper

what's wrong with lennox vs wraith? wraith is my favorite to fight as len. matrix as soon as she pops her ASPD boost and you can just tank it while you rip her apart. len's massive DPS is pretty great against wraith's low health pool

only thing is you had better have picked rocket boost perks, but you should be doing that anyways as len

He's bad because the only good hunters are Griffin and Crow

Both of them can lock a monster down if he gets too much on his medic focus act, and if they are focused can still defend themselves properly

>tfw no refund

Why do I always leave the lobby after a game?

I want to play with the same people but it doesn't seem like the game lets me, help.

Devs broke the end menu completely

Just ride with it until they release the first proper fix update

The games gonna die again if they keep fucking up

>Monster decides to go all out
>Kills my 3 teammates
>Kite him up and down a clip for 40 sec
>Trap him and kill him when reinforcement arrives
The old trapper dome was cooler though, I wish they would've at least kept the animation.

I got Crow. How do I use the bird correctly? Feels like I toss him too high and he doesn't mark the target.

You're not supposed to toss him into the skybox

Use him in relatively open and long areas to mark everything that is in a reasonable range

Your strength is your rifle that ignores armor when fully charged and your monster binding cannon anyways

>Everyone fully boosts at start
>Caira speed buff
>Trapper satelite scanner speed buff
That was kinda funny, caught up to the monster so fast.

Bucket can be OP if everyone coordinates perfectly or the Bucket player has Korean levels of gameplay

Pop all your abilities, recharge, pop again once they arrive, wait on the recharge

>Game tries to start with Four times in a row

What the fuck.