pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

>Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O3LXhEoC10k
youtube.com/watch?v=zqXF1lADrX4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for DaS2 babbys need to leave, we don't speak of that shit anymore.

Dark Souls 2 is referenced quite often, did you mean Demon's Souls?

Floaty souls is to be forgotten

Why is it that I can't parry the 3rd attack from an R1 spammer. I literally spam the parry buttom, and that shit doesn't work. How do I git gud at this?

Has anyone figured why the sun was all shitty at the end?
Is it because "the fire fades, and in the end there will only be dark"
The sun was a mistake.

did you mean Demon's Souls?

The sun in souls lore is just one of the various manifestations of the flame. Without the flame, there's no sunlight.

Their hyperarmor is fine. It starts outside of negative thrust defense frames, so you can trade with bullshit like this.

poor stamina management
git better

Yeah, it was a gamble and I fucked up. Luckily he punished it badly.

Demon's Souls is already all but forgotten.

Were people memeing me when they said Abyss Watchers was one of the hardest bosses?

Yes

Yes

They are the first boss that you can literally kill by mashing R1 with no care in the world and the game doesn't even have poise.

The twinked to shit NPC phantom invaders in DaS2 are fucking horrible.

they're fun

Confirming whether what that other user said is legit. So Poise actually affects when the HA starts when you use a weapon that has that feature?

Post Fashion, fellow Ashen Ones.

No.

In Dark Souls 1, where is a good place to help with Co-op for bosses apart from Ornstein and Smough?

I want to enjoy jolly co-operation with my Princess Guard character.

>Weapon/armor upgrades and Blacksmiths
DaS2. Everything can be infused and doesn't simplify the upgrade system like DaS3 did.
>Health
Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne did it best. They both have powerful, albeit limited sources of healing apart from the main healing mechanic in-game.
>Stats
DaS3, Every stat is useful in some way or another and almost all playstyles are useful.
>Game hub
Dark Souls, absolutely hands down bar none. Hubs are boring, and the ability to teleport to the hub in 2, bb, and 3 from the very start is an extremely poor design choice.
>PvP
DaS3. It's the most fluid combat system to date and has the least amount of issues with it, structurally. It's also the easiest to play.
>Co-op
DaS3 password summon +
Ganks -
DaS2 co-op gameplay+
Soul memeory -
>Equipment gating
DaS. Pretty much everything you could want for a build can be achieved pre-vessal.
>Checkpointing
Dark Souls. The ability to feel a very fragile veil of safety at each bonfire is wonderful in addition to the abilities to store, upgrade, and repair equipment, as well as level up, is the biggest thing I miss about DaS1. Loading screens are fucking stupid.
>Boss weapons
I hate the boss weapons system of exchanging a soul into an item. In my opinion, a boss weapon should be earned through a challenge, such as killing Smough first, then Ornstein for the Leo Ring, or chopping off Seath's tail for the Major League Gaming sword, or killing a boss without taking damage, not just giving it to someone because they killed the boss whoopty-doo.
>Melee combat
DaS2 has the best ideas, but plays awfully..
DaS3 has the best implementations, but lacks of good ideas.
>Magic
DaS3 hands down. It might not be as powerful as it used to be, but regenerating mana is comfy.
>NG+
I wish the difficulty increases were optional.

>i hate challenging enemies in a series known for challenge

Why are you even here

Actually this goes for mostly everything people complain about, they just bitch because they died maybe once or twice to a boss

Why are souls fans such pussies

If there are two lore questions I want answered..

>1. How do Ages of Dark end? What happens when someone links the fire and starts another age?

>2. HOW THE FUCK IS CATARINA STILL UNSCATHED WTF

All these years later and this ending is still 2deep4me

Manus just raped 'er, that's it

What's there to get?
You set out to save Dusk on Elizabeth's request.
Manus had kidnapped Dusk because generic villain contrivances
You beat Manus and rescue Dusk.
She's still in complete shock after the whole debacle and can't even muster up a word to say

From removed the ability for players to twink themselves out and then made an NPC phantom that pops up in the starting area and throws soul spears around like they were going out of style.

And then in DaS3 they made some deaths mandatory to unlock bits of story and gear. You need to let NPCs kill you or you miss out on shit.

I'm entirely convinced From has someone working for them that needs to be cuffed upside the fucking head.

I still have fun seeing dennis assblast faggots.

>+3 estus
>lightning greatsword against Manus, Father of Elemental Defense
How many tries did that take

Not my usual, but I like this one. Would probably work alright for some Carthus theme gimmick.

Fencer Sharron is the ender of no death runs.

>You need to let NPCs kill you or you miss out on shit.

What NPC is that? I can't think of any where you have to die to get shit from them.

>And then in DaS3 they made some deaths mandatory to unlock bits of story and gear. You need to let NPCs kill you or you miss out on shit.
When does that happen outside the Darksign thing? How hard is to jump of a cliff in Firelink?

He's referring to Tsorig. In 1.0 Tsorig only gave you the "My Thanks!" gesture if he killed you. They did patch that though.

Thankfully they patched Alva as well. You now get his set in the end of the fungeon if you kill him. Can't think of anybody else that was kinda funked up in that regard though.

Anyone?
Is Ornstein and Smough the only good one?

>"Hey, Twinblades in DS2 were fun! Lets try that again"
>Fire up SOTFS
>Find the Twnblade
>These weird looking animations, specially in the 1 handed moveset
>2HR1 is parry bait: the move
>The others aren't exactly better
>2HR2 is the only worthwhile move because of the tracking
Man, I hope that if they add them in the DLC, they make them as fun as Twinblade mode Rakuyo.

I'd say maybe Nito, or Seathe if you're feeling risky. Showing new guys the invisible path was a fun that I'll never experience again.

I can't think of a single time an entire new melee weaponclass was introduced with the dlc

At best we might get a single weapon with some sort of callback to twinblades as a unique move but that's it.

>catacombs
>oh this place is really nice, Im likin it
>get sucked into a dark cup thingy
>in the abyss or some shit
>weird
>oh cool an item
>go to pick it up
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH JESUS CHRIST

I just deleted my character and had a mild existential crisis from Dennis. Let the rage take hold. I officially quit Dark Souls 2. I can't deal with this shit anymore.

I don't care, I just want to be Tekkaman.
If the BB DLC added so much to that game, I don't see why it shouldn't be possible.

Forest of Fallen Giants or Iron Keep?

>He starts climbing up nonstop at the start of the fight
I HATE THAT EPISODE

about 5 attempts, even with summoned Sif with the moonlight greatsword before I gave up
Then i did some reaserch and it turns out he's resiistant to magic and fire but vulnerable to lightning
So began a great side quest, of upgrading a crest shield to +5, then choosing a greatsword, a bastard sword since it was the same weight as the claymore and MLGS, and then upgrading it to Lightning +10, during which i was hacked and turned into a dragon and forcing me to restore a save backup.

Then it beat him on my next attempt, i didnt bother to even turn human for it.

Forest Of Fallen Giants. Have been trying to do a "no stupid deaths until at least mid-game" thing with DaS2. Deleted dozens of characters so far. I've just kept feeding the autistic need for some unattainable level of perfection.

Have literally gone fucking insane. Repetition without point in search of an impossible result.

Pretty much any pre-lord vessel area has a fair amount of activity. Queelag and blight town in general tends to get a huge amount of summons.

What is it about this general that bitches about every aspect of DS2 that wasn't shitty?
The only area where invaders were cancer was the Black Gulch, and that entire place can be written off as game design diarrhea.

None of the NPCs were stronger than an actual invader. Why the fuck are you playing Dark Souls if you're so terrified of invasions that NPCs bother you? Is it because you can't summon three friendly phantoms and sipping is punished?

Maldron was a fucking hero. No DS3 phantom has as much personality, they're just gormless retards that rush you and die. Hodrick was the most difficult by virtue of spanking anything he can parry. None of them tried to be clever.

The only person who needs to be cuffed is the one who castrated a signature mechanic of the series. Fuck.

what is hard about Dennis?

both DaS3 Creighton and Hodrick are much more bullshit than most in DaS2

one exception is the red right before the chariot fogwall, fuck that asshole

oh boy i wonder who's playing ds1 nowadays
>giantdad with a claymore
>backstab fishing mom, attacks on sight
wow what a fun and engaging meta

the /v/ hivemind and their e-celebs have deemed that DS2 is trashed and frown upon any positive discussion about it

>get summoned for Darkmoon
>oh cool host lets us duke it out 1v1
>nope he's actually going to the bonfire to summon more phantoms

Sometimes, I feel bad for invaders.

>what is hard about Dennis?
Forest Of Fallen Giants.

Soul Spears.

Unless you have 20 VIG, he will one hit kill any character leveled to that area.

>DS2
>limited healing sources
What

You only have 99 lifegems on you at a time, it's super limited!

Sure.

>DaS3. It's the most fluid combat system to date and has the least amount of issues with it,

he wasn't that bad

Maybe it's limited in another way, in that lifegems take time to restore health

>NG+
>lose a chunk of souls invading and head back to find them
>get autosummoned by aldrich faithful
>kill the dude + a phantom, get 500k souls

is this like glitched or hacked or some shit should i be worried

So does Estus in that game. Faster than lifegems, but compared to DS1, BB, or DS3 it feels like 3 years

I finally got all the achievements with +2 gold snek ring.

Look up some no death/no bonfire runs for dem rings m8.

Also I'm not sure why you're there, what is there besides a giant memory you can't access until late? There's like 8 fucking turtle knights there too.

Is Salty Sanctuary any good? I was going to wait for the Vita port but that might take literally forever

I'm just burnt out on Souls right now

Hell are there any other games that scratch a souls itch besides it and Dark Maus? (Less interested in Dark Maus)

Sup.

Nothing to worry about, this ain't DS2

the latest installment of Let's All Wear the Same Epic Meme Armor and Gank Invaders by Stunlocking Them in a Corner

youtube.com/watch?v=O3LXhEoC10k

>Get invaded by Daughter of Crystal Kriemild
>Doesn't stop spamming Crystal Hail
>Except her version actually does damage and tracks nicely into you
>Pops up CSS without warning and often because she only has like 2-3 spells
>Always has her staff supercharged because lolinfiniteFP
>Attacking her while she's not casting almost always parries you, except this version of her ACTUALLY PULLS OUT THE RAPIER
I'd hate to see some of these NPCs with cuntier AI.

youtube.com/watch?v=zqXF1lADrX4

>level 150 can invade down to 100 using Watchdogs or Aldrich

time for fun

Reverse, actually. level 100 Watchdogs or Aldies can invade up to 150.

Watchdogs and Aldies cannot invade downwards.

Dark Souls 2

Fume or Dragon UGS? Is Dragon Aerie best place to farm petrified dragon bones? My ascetic is on +4 by now so it's going to get harder. My bone. farming.

Yeah, burning ascetics in the Dragon Aerie bonfire is free because it spawns another Ascetic in the area you can pick up every time. As for the drakes, just kill them with poison arrows

That's not what the wiki states.

You can easily stack them for regen faster than most miracles.

I like that shield.
Try sellsword or north chest.

Scratch that I'm retarded. Oh well, I guess I'll gank there instead :^)

Fume is the best strength weapon in the game
Curved Dragon GS is a quality weapon. It's strong but the stamina efficiency is kinda poor and the moveset has kinda poor reach.

Her superior version with the ornstein set.

Both are pretty fun. I'd say FUGS is the more viable weapon for both PvE and PvP, the block attacks are good for blocking and for manual aiming. The 2hr1s are the not-so-great vertical ones, but still okay, whereas the Drakewing has horizontal ones.

That projectile attack with DWUGS is pretty great though. And obviously it gives you better damage with dex weapons, might give you a better offhand weapon and whatnot.

I guess I don't have an answer for you, but maybe the thoughts will help.

fuck okay cuz I used all my bones on the curved dragon. I'll keep farming ig. Good souls and slabs too.

you can summon an npc to help you, right at the beginning of the place where the skeletons spawn, down the stairs. clear out the turtles first, grab the summon then go through the ruins to the other side of the area to trigger the invasion.
if you must solo him, you can try to knock him off the cliff. he does a lot of damage and has a stupidly large amount of hp but it is fairly easy to get away from him to heal up.

>Look up some no death/no bonfire runs for dem rings m8.
Looked one up. Did not realize you could bait Dragonrider into throwing himself off the ledge.

Sliders soon, I've been busy and I just decided to not to go all the way with Sirris' quest. I don't need her talisman. I'd do it right now but I gotta be up early.
I'll try to get them posted tomorrow morning burger time.

Sorry to keep you all waiting.

NPC despawns after the other enemies are dealt with, seems like. No help for Dennis.

Sl120 havel cosplay, what VIG/ END should I have?

40/40

I don't have that much. It's already some 57 VIT and 60 STR

ah thats too bad. you can always leave that area for later and come back when you are a higher level. theres nothing important there for early on right?

sorry I was still thinking Dark Souls™

Man, I actually miss having to use the Transient Curse just to be able to fight the ghosts of New Londo. To think From had the gall to put a place as lethal as this so close to the very stat of the game. Having to use an item like that just feels so, i don't know, Dungeons and Dragons, like you're going into a place you weren't meant to be.
I sincerely wish there could be a another game that had the balls to do an area like this.

Age of Fire restarts, there are tiny embers of the First Flame / Potential Lords of Cinder that can return the First Flame to full power

Catarina is a fucking joyous, booze-filled land of celebrations. Every Catarina description basically says they partied through all their Undead outbreaks and apocalypse scenarios. If Siegwald can invent booze for Undead, then it others probably have found other ways to keep themselves from going hollow.

literally about to see her in 5 mins. I just hit her with urns.

Would not be bad if you could parry for shit in this sequel.