/pgg/ Pokémon Go General

TrumpStop edition

Where do you plan on going today to catch Pokemon?

>About the game
pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

>What is it?
Pokemon Go can be described simply as the Geocaching of Pokemon. Grab your smartphone, get some exercise, catch some mons, battle some people - the usual Pokemon gig.

>Some questions answered
pastebin.com/spEFYmPw
Feel free to add more to the pastebin, keep it in the OP though.

Basic info:
As you traverse the real world, as represented on the in-game map, you'll occasionally run into tufts of rustling grass. Approaching these will end with a Pokémon appearing on the map, and clicking on it will initiate a battle.

Battles aren't between two Pokémon, though. They're between a Pokémon and your ability to swipe a Poké Ball in their direction. When you engage a Poké Ball, a colored ring will appear around the opponent. These change in size after each capture attempt. Throwing a Ball during a smaller window seems to be more effective, based on our time with the game, but that's a part we're still trying to figure out.
Going near water will attract water Pokémon. Playing at night brings out more nocturnal creatures, like Clefairy and Gastly.
Hatching Eggs: Each Egg displays the number of kilometers you must walk for the Egg to hatch. In general, the more kilometers required, the rarer the Pokémon that will hatch. A notification will appear when the Egg has hatched.
Make sure you have the Pokémon GO app open while you walk. Kilometers walked when the Pokémon GO app is closed won’t count toward hatching your Eggs.
Gyms: Fight at your team's gym to train and increase it's reputation. Fight at other team's to decrease their reputation. Tap your opponent to hit them, swipe left or right to dodge attacks, once one or more blue bars are filled, tap and hold to power up your secondary attack, release when the smaller blue bar fills up. Take over other teams' gyms and put your mons in to defend them.

nothing showing up on bluestacks. do i restart?

>Two blocks from my house is a public library
>The library and a memorial outside are both pokestops, accessible from the second floor air-conditioned

I suck at this game

I got a 146 Bulbasaur out of a 2km egg. Then the next egg was a fuckin' weedle.

In case you haven't noticed yet, the colored ring around pokemon you try to catch changes depending on how likely it is to break out of the pokeball

100% chance of capture
>Green
>Yellow green
>Yellow
>Orange
>Red
Least chance of capture

Switching to great or ultra balls, or using a Berry will move the color closer towards green.

>Where do you plan on going today to catch Pokemon?

When I get home from work, I'm going Bulbasaur hunting again. Wish me luck.

>Want to go out so I can autism-grind numbers
>Autistic so I don't want to actually go out
I hate this game

Beginning to feel like the size of the capture circle doesn't actually affect the chance of success

>Is black
>only pokeshop is near a certain compound where they really don't like trespassers

Do I dare try?

Do the rustling grass things actually mean anything?

Does the "nearby pokemon" thing glowing a bit mean the list changed?

I have class tomorrow morning and I saw two Dratinis by a lake next to a pokestop.

So I'm going to walk through campus getting the all the pokestops, then throw a lure onto the lake and chill there while studying for my finals

>Where do you plan on going today to catch Pokemon?

>today

Man I am going to sleep right now.

But when I wake up
>do a quick lap around neighborhood to see what I find in my parking lot

>have shit to do and phone calls to make
>then spend afternoon walking around the park next to my apartment division and farming Magikarps

The size doesn't affect the color does

near the river to get a shitton of magikarps, still need 87

It doesn't, it's for point bonus, Nice, Great, Excellent that depend on, I think, how small it gets

I'd be afraid to risk it with everything that's been happening desu

Absolutely not. Live to adventure another day.

Sounds like a good day. My hunting shall begin in about an hour, in the dark. Luckily, it's just my neighborhood. Sending high CP Dratini vibes.

>tfw i had the chance to catch a Rhydon
>throw a great pokeball
>Game freezes
>im unable to catch pokemon for about 30 minutes due to the servers shitting itself

You both seem right but dammit, I missed out on a Bulbasaur. He was my very first pokemon back in '99. I hope a pokeshop spawns someplace safer tomorrow.

My closest gym is a snowball stand and these are some close stops.

The cannon is called the "freedom cannon" or some shit.

I finally found a spot with two pokestops right next to each other in my neighborhood. It's in a grocery store parking lot. Gonna throw down some lures in a bit

merge here

I refuse to believe that the rustling grass means anything. I can fucking stand on it and nothing happens.