/msg/ - Maplestory General

It died while I was looking for a picture to post edition.
--------------------------------------------------------------
READ THE PASTEBIN TO KEEP UP-TO-DATE ON EVENTS AND NEWS!

pastebin.com/BAi9nL3e (embed)
Discord: Ask in the thread for an invite link.

>Aries
8x/4x/6x v174+ (Updates alongside GMS). Shit. Don't listen to shills.
aries.elluel.net/
Apply to Memebois by whispering herbniqqa.

>Ellinia
5x/1x/2x v162.4 Dream server. Dead.
maple.ellinia.net/
>BUDDY SUZURAN OR KEKCRO FOR HELP

>Lumiere
6x/3x/2x v.174. No website right now, but they've got a discord. discordapp.com/invite/EkPQ2qN Releases on the 20th of July. Basically Dawnveil.

>GMS/EMS/JMS/KMS
EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THE OFFICIAL SERVERS IS SPREAD OUT. POST YOUR IGN AND MAYBE YOU'LL FIND SOMEONE TO PLAY WITH.
Apply to Waifus/Casuals on Windia - Pay2Win on Reboot.
maplestory.nexon.net
>Theme of the thread: Post your maple RIGHT NOW.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.ragezone.com/f206/maplestory-v170-recruiting-developers-lumiere-1107920/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

where do you buy mastery books in ariesMS?

Need add for Pay2Win, ign is Oritat

bump

khroa?

da best

SUX

dead hours

2spooky revival is here

The only world that matters.

DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will Lumiere save MSG?

Will it be spooky revival?

Will it un kill msg?

can we just go back to reboot

I'm hyped for the possible meme guild on Royals led by Captain Fools ft. royalsfag with the 20m to get it started. No /v/bois allowed.
t. totally not royalsfag without his trip

What do I do with all this

buy more cubes obviously, shag. Or primes. Or for AH to come, and all those fags that think it works like stalls will put their fancy items in looking for offers and have them all bought.

thats not me

So what's this hero event? I made a Phantom and now there's Black Heaven 2: Electric Phantaloo?

Why are arans so squishy. Like the weakest warrior class defense wise

Every class has 9999 everything once things are fully enhanced anyways

Night

hp bruh

get the kaiser link skill/card

>HP
>mattering
Everything does percent based damage anyway.

desu that bucc skill blocks % damage, forgot what it's called
the green wings active thing

i never go down to 1 hp

>nerf 2x exp coupons
>doesn't nerf 2x drop coupons
>literal bundles of this in marvel
>try redeeming another bundle to see if I could use another 2x exp coupon
>it doesnt work

Whoever thought this was a good idea should get fucking lynched

Can I get an add to the Pay2Win Guild? my ign is VPLenneth

Can I get invited to aries

you gotta pass the meme quiz first

Literally nothing could save /msg/ except the Ultimate Private Server, with pre-BB style MS that somehow gets all future content.

@148112168
I love quizzes I'm a trivia master!

Is Cannoneer the only class that doesn't have a unique gimmick? Is that its unique gimmick? It doesn't have a specialized skill like explorers, or a combo like aran or a mount like mechs or a unique resource system that replaces/is in addition to MP or anything like that

@@@@@@@@@@@@b>LEATHER 5k ea
@@@@@@@@@___@b>pig head 10k ea

aran after revamp is basically just another bucc with more skills

the "combo" system is just the energy orb that buccs have

cannoneers are literally a waste of space

just remove it, nexon

go to bed, chow

Doesn't Cannon have gigantic AoE?

I mean that's every class but doesn't cannon have MORE?

that's like comparing bishop to mihile because they are both holy

no combos are useless now, you just keep attacking until you reach 1k
then you turn "ssj" and your skills become bigger, more lines, etc

if you haven't attacked in a while, it just goes lower by 1 slowly

after ssj it goes back to 500

did they fix the huge delay between phantom's attacks? it's supposed to be Mille > Rapier > penombre but there's such a huge fucking delay between them that you're better off just using the other skills they give you of stealing a mobbing skill, or at least that was the case when i was getting mine to 120

What's the point of even having elements in Maplestory anymore? Every boss resists all of them so it's a liability in every single scenario unless you're a bishop training on skeles or some shit.

>tfw invincibility from skills was a tactic you could use with buccs before they got nexon'd with the revamp

revamp wasn't needed

buccs don't use polearm though

what are you talking about? you mean oak barrel?

>no old maple talk while i was on holiday
this is why the general is dead

he may be talking about invincibility frames, around 2010 most bucc skills removed your hitbox for a short time but had a large delay between uses. chaining corkscrew + barrage was low damage but you were 100% invincible to everything but status effects. barrage + dragon strike was higher damage but there were a few frames you could be struck during.

oh, i remember that now. My guild master once leeched me at bigfoot using barrage. good times

>the normie nostalgia meme again

I'm on Aries just started like a week ago I have all my links set up and a Kaiser at 200, is there a class that's more fun? I don't know if I wanna stick around on this boring ass class anymore because I feel like there are much stronger classes, is Aran better at bossing? Someone hold my hand

i thought xenons and demon avengers were some of the more fun links

Xenon is a slow hellish slog in my opinion. Demon Avenger was a fun 0-120 though.

anyone know a good free VPN?

I spent 3 hours playing re-doot today and I only got to level 49

Buy nx if you can find a legit seller, or else invest in cheap primes to merch later

you're fuckin' gay, kiddo

Sent from my iPhone

you can reroll straight to hero

Is that class actually fun/better, because I could easily move all current gear over and not have to refund if Heros any gud

Just quit now and wait for Lumiere, Aries is ran by SolumSEA devs

is she trying to kill herself

Aries is good though. Lumiere will be shit.

you do big lines and have big range unlike kaiser

how's bucc, besides the shit damage? Is the class fun at least? How varied is mobbing andbossing?

>SolumSEA2.0
>good

SolumSEA is 2+ years old server and it re-opened March, the economy's dead and nobody plays it seriously

I broke my sobriety and returned to Royals.

After six months, I suppose the influx of all the newfags means my shit is probably worth nothing now? ;_;

Prices really didn't change that much for a lot of items but I'd still make a p/c thread to be safe. I haven't checked any FM stuff since May.

We have an /msg/ guild on it and the economy is not dead. Stop shilling your shitty server for cancer memekids that quit in a day.

>go to FM
>literally empty
>free spots on top rows ch1
>no gud faf gear

????????????????????????????????????
also you know the dev ran right?
the only reason people are playing aries is solely because it's not Ellinia, but if you care to look over their forum you can see they are part of SolumSEA network, who didn't even get classes to work

Lets AriesStory!

I.t has almost daily restarts for fixes so you probably logged in once after a restart, the dev didnt run it recently updated from v173 to v174. People play here because it has more working then Ellinia and for endgame.

Why so butthurt?

The main dev ran, they recruited a random from ragezone to code for them lul

could be a better thing since the old dev was shit

also the server received fuckall content (neither did GMS) over the last few months, if you look at the FM the state of the server speaks for itself. The pop also peaks at 700 and has 300 at times

If Ellinia had a wipe would people still play on aries? no, exact for newfigs and players too lazy to start over. That speaks for the server itself

Almost every class has something like that though.

>can't even bother getting the correct filename
arieshitters disgust me

Their gimmick is the cannon, like how mercedes' gimmick is the bowguns and DB's gimmick is the dual blades.

>this is why the general is dead
Newboi detected.

forum.ragezone.com/f206/maplestory-v170-recruiting-developers-lumiere-1107920/

I wish you best of luck and anyone else who thinks this server will even release. What I don't understand is why you're so assblasted about people playing on Aries. Are you unable to git gud?

They are releasing in 8 days lul, I'm trying it for a day and if it's shit I'm just gonna quit.

Because Aries is literally Extalia2.0, except with no players. The server's 4 months old, it's only 1.5 months younger than Ellinia yet look at how many people have Faf gear there

I'd just lay off maplestory or play on cucklinia than play on Aries, there is literally nothing better about Aries than other servers than >fresh economy (Which it isn't, it's 4 months old, there's no items because it's a ded server)

Does speed infusion have a point to existing anymore? I swear it's just for getting Buccs themselves to max attack speed and most other classes can reach the soft cap themselves anyway.

I thought DB's gimmick is to get invisible from time to time and Mercedes, her quick combos

ellinia has been around for years what are you talking about?

They wiped on January 15th

You seem like a really shitty person to play with.

To reach the hard cap, of course. Also for things like Battle Mage and Cannoneer.

It's just that most of /msg/ has been playing private servers for 3+ years, and there has been much, much better servers so far.

Eventually /msg/ oldbois are all kill and moved onto games like WoW/ToS/DFO or kill forever

We're looking for a server to match a calibre at least a bad dream server

If you are new/just here to play casually Aries is perfect4u

>WoW/ToS/DFO
Probably the worst games you could've chosen my man

I'm actually glad you are not Aries, I wouldn't want you in the guild anyway.

you play league of feggets and stuck in gold :^)

I was member of the first people that made the guild with the 10m fee you cuck

The guild's ran by an extalia shitposter that has nothing better to do and everyone else is practically newboi on Aries

>extalia shitposter
Fools? He's the grand dad who donated his semen to create /msg/. He's ballsackally god.

fools is a cuck
tetra confirmed

My last ranked game was months ago before I played a couple with my friends while they were drinking about 2 weeks ago. Fuck League, I'm just waiting for them to gut my favorite character so I can not have an incentive to reinstall it. Besides, I've been watching anime and playing Evolve recently until the new Monster Hunter comes out. I'm also probably going to be working starting tomorrow as well, so I can finally become a wageslave and kill myself when I can afford a rope and chair.
I'm the only god in this thread dweeb, and I won't help you now.

Someone post the old egg CWKPQ run with TunnelSnakes

>fools
who?

aries waiting u

Nah, Aries made the curious design choice of nerfing relevant boss drops to oblivion so you basically need 500% drop rate to get anything good. HT rings are like 400m cheapest.

Can anything make /msg/ great again?

Nah, DBs gimmick is literally muh double blades. Mercedes is the hero thing and dual bowguns. Maybe her general mobility too, people compared her to DBs when she came out iirc.
>BaMs
I forgot they got that godawful revamp. Is that why like none of them exist anymore?

why is canon Aran not wearing an armor?

still don't justify >no faf weps for 2~3 months
this was literally the reason I quit

conspiracy killing himself and opening a new server could fix msg

put your trip back on ADAMS

The BaM revamp managed to fix a lot of my complaints about the class, so I've grown rather fond of it. It's kind of mediocre damage-wise compared to the other mages though, so a lot of people dropped it when it stopped being a battleking bar battery.

I got mine to 175 on GMS and sort of lost interest in it before the revamp came around. I remember thinking that the inability to stack the auras broke the class. I still don't see why they did it, a game like MS doesn't really care for role differentiation anymore.

Idk if that's him, he's not begging and acting entitled enough.

shit
shit
no
gay

but it has SI so it has that going for it at least

there are 3 other str pirates, play one of them