/twg/ - Total War General

Napoleon edition

>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_1

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=716378810
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Meloncat are you alive? Are you doing any work for fote?

is Veeky Forums broken or did we have some sort of group suicide pact while I was gone?

Ancient Empires when
I want to play non-imploding Roman Empire with big shields and uniforms AND shit like shield walls

Rollan!

NO

SLEEP

TILL BEASTMEN

Would any of you be interested at watching a guy talk about the real history of a faction he was playing, while he was playing it? Like talking about the Roman Republic while playing as the Julii in RTW.

ded thread
ded game

BEASTMEN BEST MEN

beastie boys unite
all 3 of us ;_;

>guys let's charge that testudo head on with light cavalry, what can possibly go wrong?

>try to learn some lore the easy way
>watch arch warhammer
>throw up

Holy fuck this shit is insufferable. the smugness this turbo-fedora exudes is painful. the unnecessary rolling of the R's, the painful pronunciations.

I know the hatred dwarfs feel for elves now.

More like Bestmen

>Beastmen posting
Wood Elves are better, that's a fact

>watching Arch
my condolences

Arch is like if the concept of pretention was given physical embodiment.

G O B L I N S

LL SKARSNIK WHEN???

>Wood Elves
Not even best elves.

Forgot some of the units they share with chaos (spawn and giant) though the Beastmen have access to better shit anyway. Also I wouldn't be surprised to see the Brass Bull as a LL.

>that blood
fuck I want beastmen NOW!

My guess is they'll include him later on when the skaven are included. read his novel recently and his biggest conquest is driving skaven out of the higher levels of karak eight peaks and repelling dwarfs.
Good read, gave a good feel for what Gobbos are all about.
They'll need to implement squigs as well.

100% confirmed Beastmen LLs

Gorthor the Beastlord/Khazrak the One-eye
Malagor the Dark Omen
Taurox the Brass Bull

This desu

Beastmen are a gory race, akin to the Orgres that they eat fucking everything, human flesh being a delicacy (unless you are a minotaur then its everything).

Even their fallen leaders are eaten with the successor gorging on the heart in order to gain his master's strength.

I really hope CA gives the horns in the charge animations.

>100% confirmed
Dr. /twg/, I'm CA

>posting Darkie

how about no

>Beastmen
>Ogres
When will be spill blood as the true masters and monsters of the battlefield?

Soon™

I wonder if the great maw will be on the campaign map.

Vivat der Kaiser!

Didnt forget, just didnt bother

How do people deal with unit upkeep on the chaos campaign? You have to endlessly raid and destroy settlements to pay off your units, and when you encamp you barely get any healing whatsoever to the point where it's better to trash your units and recruit new ones. It's infuriating.

>How do people deal with unit upkeep on the chaos campaign? You have to endlessly raid and destroy settlements to pay off your units
Yes.

My point is you destroy and destroy to try to deal with the ridiculous upkeep while at the same time losing units and barely gaining any back while encamping, being you have to literaly be destroying a settlement every 3 turns or so. It just seems unbalanced, I wish you referred faster when encamped.

Make more armies, destroy more settlements

So I have to pay more upkeep? It's taking 2 full stacked armies just to lay waste to about half of the settlements south of the waste, so many are 16 garrisoned. Probably going to back to playing VC.

You're a horde faction, being in negative income is normal.

You should just be burning your way from one side of the map to the other

not same user through sacking bonuses you can have an outrageous amount of money. In one of my chaos campaigns I have 1M at the end from getting +30k from a fresh sack.

I also very rarely raze in comparison since I want to keep resacking for more money, its all about that blood for the blood god, mortal.

Oh.. it's you. Fuck off soldat.

>Legendary lords
>gorthor and Morghur

They both died before KF's coronation. It's ging to be Malagor and maybe Brass Bull as both are still alive

But Khazrak is probably the faction leader

That might be my problem, I always raze after I sack. Might try another chaos campaign where I only raze factions I want to destroy.

Password?

Time isn't a thing in TWWH.

the game does start in 2502 IC, and yeah, after there's no time, but you can't have a giant brawl of all the characters

Yes but the setting is "During the reign of Karl Frazy but before the End Times" as stated before launch.

Probably not seeing Vlad anytime either unless they decide fuck it.

Excuse me but where in the game does it state that? Time isn't a factor in TWWH, stop trying to use your dumb histfag logic and ruin everybody's fun.

Picking up warhammer again after not touching it for a couple weeks. Got the blood dlc and was thinking about rollin vampires for the new unit (blood knights). Are they any good? Also, is lore of death still OP?

One of the best units in the game
Death lore is still OP

They're nowhere as good as an abrams, that's for sure.

> Tomb Kings still not announced

Karl Franz is coronated Emperor in 2502 IC. It's like the only thing the game confirms. Not my fault if you want some autistic time-bubble when ennemies that died 1000 years before the game just join in

Would depend largely on how palatable your voice is

VIVE L'EMREUR

Yeah what's wrong what that? Can you stop applying your lame histfag logic to a FANTASY game? CA specifically said time does not exist in the TWWH setting. Fuck off and die.

could literally ANYTHING beat an abrams in the warhammer universe? it's essentially untouchable in real life.

>patriotic bretonnian peasant immigrant

And in that time period when did Franz join with Grimgore to kill the Dwarfs?

would really depend how much he knew about the faction

also, woyod recommend to use subtitles if he has a heavy accent

by the way, boy it is hard being best rome in Atilla!

Nurgle mage lets it rot.

>it's fantasy, therefor basic lore rules shouldn't apply
whatever, CA is too lore-friendly to cater to your autistic needs. It's like wanting a game when Hannibal could fight Caesar alongside Alexander. It's just stupid
It's a sandbox game, but the game has a start position that said : it's 2502IC, now do what you want

Metal Mage

>Metal
>Rot

>It's a sandbox game
Thank you and good night

but the abrams just shoots him from kilometers away???? bye bye nurgman.

>a sandbox game can't have events, a basic path to follow and a start-year

The game begins in 2502IC. You can do whatever you want after this, but the game starts in 2502 IC and thus, Characters that died long ago don't have their places on the game

>historyfag upset CA abandoned history
>now trying to spread it to Warhammer
Kill yourself, there is a metric fuckton of time based inaccuracies in TWW already. It means jack shit and no one cares, CA did the rule of cool and put in leaders and settings that work, not what panders to your insecurities.

Now fuck off.

Post source from CA saying they are being time period accurate

TWW is based on the tabletop, not time periods

Functionality > Tabletop > Lore

Is how the game is being made. CA will use the most known TB units because thats what sells.

Yes, and I feel really ambivalent about it

It has some really neat units, but also some really shit units. Normally you could just choose to not recruit them, but it also adds some units to garrisons (which also annoyingly pushes other units out of the garrison (since it's capped at 20), such as the generals from steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=716378810 )

So meh, I wouldn't play without it, but I wish I did

>All these warhammerfags posting in my Total War general

good Lord how low have we gone down?

Can't wait for CA to release Medieval III: Total War and for this game to shade into obscurity

While I loved many of the history titles I wont be able to go back

Unless they do some major improvements that really ramp up the interactivity of combat and put down some real depth, I cant see myself having fun in a history title again.

alright lads time to start the one sided Tilean conquest of Estalia, wish me luck.

>Medieval III: Total War
they said they wont make a third title any time soon, so no R3 or Med3, besides, releasing med3 is pointless all the nostalgiafags would shit on it and pretend that med2 is better

Still 2 more standalone Warhammer games coming

CA made a new team, the second is working on the next history title already

Yeah but there are still 2 more standalone Warhammer games coming

And? The second team can still release the new history title before the expansions come.

>unironically playing High Elves in TT or otherwise

>only faction that has a shitton of dragons
I regret nothing.

Warhammer isn't fading into obscurity any time soon, even after the name history game is released.

I dont see how anything you just said is relevant but okay

Im not

I was replying to >Can't wait for CA to release Medieval III: Total War and for this game to shade into obscurity

The Abrams has biological protection.

Lord pack WHEN????

Plz, CA plz release something.

They just only released blood pack recently you ungrateful cunt.

Stop

It doesn't seem relevant to you because you don't read the conversations you insert yourself into

Is it just me or do Greatswords feel a little over hyped in campaign. Maybe it's a playstyle thing but pure GS melee feels like it gets shot up pretty bad by AI archer heavy compositions.

Main army is like 6 crossbows, 1 hand gunners, 2 artillery, 6 greatswords, 1 Halb, 1 Reiksguard, Franz, Witchhunter, and a light wizard. Trying to use dwarfy tactics of range domination with a net to freeze an enemy to bombard. Finding myself wishing I had a frontline with shields/irondrakes.

How should I adjust this composition? (I've got access to basically everything)

>big two handed sword with no shield
>used as mainline infantry

were you brain damaged?

>The rape train never ends

Hey guys. I'm trying to get Total War: Warhammer for a price and I found it for like, 20 bucks on this site called Kinguin but apparently it's kinda shady.

Have you struck any deals you'd like to share?

Does the AI suffer the tribe hostility attrition like the player does when they keep their chaos stacks too close to each other?

lmao choo choo

Just pay full fucking price for the game like everyone else you money grubbing parasite.

you are fighting in a defensive style while using offensive shock troops as a frontline, of course they will get picked apart by ranged units

you can either try to take out the enemy range with your own or just bully them Karl and reksguard, I'd also drop the number of crossbows to 4 and take 2 extra gunners

That's what I figured. I guess my real quandry is how to build a defensive oriented empire force with late game units. There just isn't a defensive late game empire melee unit it feels like.

I suppose I can just use spears with shields for it though. Swapping to more hand gunners sounds like a good idea. Switching to more cav for hit and run / disruptions likely a good idea too.

Thanks.

Nope zero attrition for the AI

I bought it for 35 bucks lol.