Pokemon go general pgg

Why Do I Always Have To Make The Threads edition

>About the game
pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

>What is it?
Pokemon Go can be described simply as the Geocaching of Pokemon. Grab your smartphone, get some exercise, catch some mons, battle some people - the usual Pokemon gig.

>Some questions answered
pastebin.com/spEFYmPw
Feel free to add more to the pastebin, keep it in the OP though.

Basic info:
As you traverse the real world, as represented on the in-game map, you'll occasionally run into tufts of rustling grass. Approaching these will end with a Pokémon appearing on the map, and clicking on it will initiate a battle.

Battles aren't between two Pokémon, though. They're between a Pokémon and your ability to swipe a Poké Ball in their direction. When you engage a Poké Ball, a colored ring will appear around the opponent. These change in size after each capture attempt. Throwing a Ball during a smaller window seems to be more effective, based on our time with the game, but that's a part we're still trying to figure out.
Going near water will attract water Pokémon. Playing at night brings out more nocturnal creatures, like Clefairy and Gastly.
Hatching Eggs: Each Egg displays the number of kilometers you must walk for the Egg to hatch. In general, the more kilometers required, the rarer the Pokémon that will hatch. A notification will appear when the Egg has hatched.
Make sure you have the Pokémon GO app open while you walk. Kilometers walked when the Pokémon GO app is closed won’t count toward hatching your Eggs.
Gyms: Fight at your team's gym to train and increase it's reputation. Fight at other team's to decrease their reputation. Tap your opponent to hit them, swipe left or right to dodge attacks, once one or more blue bars are filled, tap and hold to power up your secondary attack, release when the smaller blue bar fills up. Take over other teams' gyms and put your mons in to defend them.

Other urls found in this thread:

zeemaps.com/map?group=2086891
mega.nz/#fm/TR80RTwY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hey guys

40 keks

Empty thread everyones outside playing pokemon

>friend sees pikachu 3 footsteps away from us while im driving him home
>park real quick to take a look
>he opens the doors and sprints off onto a golf course to go catch it
this game has really brought something to the world

>tfw wanna go out and meet new people due to this game
>don't wanna drive into town where everyone hangs out

Now what?

>the only pokestop I can see from my house is in such a shitty, hard to get to spot that it's not even worth going there

At least I have one, I hear stories of people who can't find stops for miles.

INSTINCT OR EXTINCT

Reminder to claim your gyms at night while the servers actually work and the normies are in bed

Rate my failure

Am I the only one with box space issues? Maybe because yesterday I ranked up from 10 to 13 in half an hour, I don't know what to trash
The question is, what's the best amount of every item? I'm leaning towards trashing pokeballs and potions since I also get their super counterpart, I'd keep around 100 normal pokeballs and 20 potions
Does that sound good?

>tfw really good at finding 3 footprint mon with my secret method

Must suck being shit at this game

buy lucky eggs, incense, and lures

youll get plenty of balls from stops

go find somewhere where you can have multiple stops touching your proximity and lure them up with lucky egg and incense up and lvl and catch nonstop pokemon

also evolve all of your pokemon while lucky eggs are up for crazy lvls

I had some autistic girl come up to me and start talking about every pokestop she had seen.

Some asian bro came up and talked for like an hour.

I stay away from the couples.

Yes. Only cap gyms to gain defender bonus, and other than that ignore it and focus on upping your rank. When you're above 15, you can reconsider your position and decide if you want to try a bit of base flipping.

Gyms are good for only 2 things: defender bonus (pokecoins) and xp (from flipping). The former you can only get once a day basically, the latter you need to spend dedicated time sitting at the gym. This can become counterproductive to rank grinding if you aren't also close to a pokestop and catching pokemon.

I want to catch him so much but it's cold outside
I hope I find him again someday

>1000 CP Hypno can barely beat a 600 CP pidgeot

what le fuck

Going to the city for the first time tomorrow. Any tips to get most out of pokestops, allied gyms and enemy gyms? Any tips to avoid talking to people who try to strike up conversation with me based on the game I'm playing?

yeah sounds like plenty
also idk about you but i dont use revives all that often either

If you do not run gyms, do not keep potions. If your local gyms are easy caps and you don't have anybody trying to squat in a gym, use sacrificials to keep the damage down if you take damage. Pokeballs. Lures. Essence. Lucky Egg. Concentrate on hoarding those items until you get higher rank.

rate my tattoo guys

you might just be bad or servers fucked you

1000 hypnos are the chicago meta over here and hold shit like champs

alteast in my area

>go for a walk
>sit down in costa
>pop a lure because i want a coffee and i want to people watch whilst on it
>some people show up playing the game
>a girl notices me playing, about my age
>"Do you mind if I sit here user?"
>"u-um sure"
>she sits down
>now keep in mind I have NO experience with girls
>she asks to see what pokemon I've caught
>THAT FUCKING FEEL WHEN
>fake a phone call from my equally autistic friend
>"s-sorry i gtg..."
>get up and go with time on my lure remaining
>tfw

Why am I such an autist

Thanks.

I had to get more backpack space.

>Any tips to avoid talking to people
This is most of the fun. I set a lure in an empty mall and within 10 minutes about 20 people were there playing.

Some girl approached and started talking to some guy.

Maybe they will get married because my lure. Who knows.

just tell them you caught some crazy ass rhyhorn two blocks away and theyll leave you alone

also if you want the most out of stops you need to lure them and use incense and the lure will also lure people to you so you will be standing there with them awkwardly if you cant be bothered to talk to them

Should've unzipped your Gyrados right there my man

Sorry for the stupid question, I couldn't find this in the faq.

I caught a Pidgey and a Pidgeot yesterday, and I would like to give one of them back in exchange for candies and stardust.

Pidgey is CP 10 and Pidgeot is CP 14. Does it mean Pidgey has more potential for growth, or should I keep the Pidgeot since it is already evolved?

Movesets matter. CP is only a HP gauge, you still need movesets for the attack. Rank grinding for CP is advised because movesets remain relatively consistent. When you're at the point where your CP plateaus out a little, then you can focus on grinding pokes for movesets.

>Some girl approached and started talking to some guy.
KEKED

But no seriously that sounds hella cute

This is me at the end of today, working a 48 hour week but trying my best to keep up on my off hours. God I'm tired

Nigga go get it

People who don't like red or blue curve random lines in their hair, wear puffy coats and make almost mediocre music
Yup this is accurate

OP, post the ZEEMAPS

zeemaps.com/map?group=2086891

Post your approximate location and the TOP 5 MOST COMMON POKEMON in that area.

>go for drive at 3 a.m. searching for pokemons
>cop with flashing lights pulls up next to me
>hide phone
>cop does a 180 in the middle of the road and drives off

phew

>no one took this bait

dude if you fuck up you can literally just leave and never see them again

you might as well use them as trials and see how to act even though just talking with them like a normal person is all they want anyway

Oh man, I could add a bunch to that using Bluestacks but too lazy.

Headphones. Keep music on. Don't bother with eye contact. If you make yourself unapproachable, people won't approach you.

The optimal pokestop is literally just to find an area with a cluster of them, sit down, and camp. You can try playing around with gyms to get a feel for the surroundings, but if your rank is low don't expect much.

So I didn't get murdered collecting pokeballs at the park but this happened and it's kinda like getting murdered except I get to sleep on it

Toss both, the materials required to level it compared to catching one at 50 or 100 or 300 or 1k+ is wasteful and ridiculous.

Just catch stuff, stuff that has a low evolution cost keep and evolve asap for more points to level fast.

OH MAN

Some celeb like Kanye is going to call pokemon go gay and everyone is going to parrot him.

You'll have to hide this shit like a nintendo ds unless you want to be called a fag.

You know it's coming.

>Oh, he's still playing that and not candy crush screaming man castle siege 2? What a FAG!

So I'm trying to use Bluestacks to emulate Pokemon Go since I don't own a Smartphone. But I'm stuck on getting "Fake GPS 4.6" since it apparently costs 2€ to get. What do I do?

>that's not how you explain user
>that's how you shitpost

>cold outisde
>2PM
ayyo man, fuck you go get him

But I really do have a method

Ive caught 5/6 three step mon that I've set out to get with it, one was in somebody's fucking garden

>Does it mean Pidgey has more potential for growth, or should I keep the Pidgeot since it is already evolved?
Pidgey will have a higher CP cap than the Pidgeot because evolution attaches a CP multiplier. You can try this by evoing the Pidgey into Pidgeotto and see the results.

Drop the Pidgeot for candy.

early on nothing is worth lvling, save all your dust for when you are much higher trainer lvl

you will want to stock up on candies for evolving your pidgeys all at once while you have a lucky egg up which gives double xp

youll shoot up tons of lvls fast that way

Whoever is in Arnold, MO...I'm the guy by Gravois Bluffs.

Thanks.
Any idea how to get squirtle candies? Since clearly I can't just go around catching more of them.

The sonar thing around the box?

Yeah.

Want a tip no one knows about?

double tap and hold to zoom by moving finger up and down.

No more pinching while driving.

Is this /pgg/ only or is it from reddit?

Prove it then bitch.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT YOU AUTISTIC SON OF A BITCH

You can, you're just not in the right area to find them. Plenty of pokemon show up in the wild that wouldn't in the games, like Dragonite, Arcanine, Scyther, Lapras, starters, etc.

i hope that hurts
i mean being aligned with that

By catching Squirtles, Warturtles, or Blastoise.

Candies from base evolution are used for the whole evolution tree.

So to evolve pidgeys you need to catch'em or their evolved states to get their candies.

Both.

It's to collect data on spawn locations so you don't drive 5 hours to go to a town that has exactly what you have at home.

If the game is acting up is there a way to tell if it's the severs or a soft ban?

So what's the max trainer level in this game? Someone in a thread from a few days ago said it was 25?

was she a qt?

>The sonar thing around the box?
what?

the nearby menu? I see it pinging sometimes, what do?

post your face when you realise they modelled professor willow on this guy

Is there any way to change the attack/charge attack on my pokemon or is it completely random?

Beta was 50, IGN rumors 50, we only have xp projections up to 25. Wait a couple days to a week for the grinders to hit 25 (they're at about 22) and we'll see then.

beta players say 50

rando

some weirdo in an article said that wanted to fuck willow, and call him daddy. is daddy a new thing or just awk women being cucks?

>vaporeon outside, 3 footsteps away

It's go time.

"If you tap the pokeballs that you missed before they disappear you get them back"
Did anyone confirm this or is it bs?

That's what you really want to grind for. Attacks not CP. CP comes with levels, attacks are what makes a good or bad catch.

It's 20.

They're going to be increase the level cap with each generation for new items.

pretty sure the ping means it updated info on either new pokemon or the distance of ones already there

>I see it pinging sometimes
It's supposed to blink when you're headed in the right direction, but it does it by general direction.

If it's north and you head north east mostly east, it will still ping.

I've been walking around a mall parking lot trying to figure it out.

The 1hp gym bug is game breaking for me after trying at least 12 different gyms around DC. Wasn't able to take one until 3:45 am.

On the upside found a Scyther.

>prove it

1. Get a 3 step mon to appear on your radar
2. Where you are know is the 'base point'
3. Walk in a straight line in one direction
4. If it decreases to two, set up a new base point
5. If it doesn't decrease to 2 or vanishes, return to your first base point and walk in a different direction
6. When it reaches one step, walk in a straight line between your first base point and where you are now
7. Collect pokemon

Works literally every time for me

3 step mon are sometimes far away but if you autistically search like this it's easy

user we already have people past 20 pls just stop.

its definitely bs, you get plenty of balls from stops no reason for that to be a feature

unless you live out in the sticks i guess

did you find it at that CP? What level are u bro

>tfw you will never get a qt sad girl to call you daddy

I'm 20 now, it's still going up

might have to test tomorrow, but hopefully they'll not stuck in high rises

I was following a charmeleon last night and an aerodactyl this morning when it updated and disappeared on me, is there a time limit?

Is egg cp determined by player rank when it hatches or when u get the egg?

I tried it and it worked, I think. I can't fully confirm until I try it at least two more times succesfully.

>team instinct

As a gym leader can I see who's attacking my gym?

mega.nz/#fm/TR80RTwY

Did I read that correctly?

>look at map
>closest grasses, barely outside of ping radius are 1 print
>mid are 2
>furthest, barely onscreen are 3.

Note things have an astronomically higher chance to be in the grass than anywhere else.

>unless you live out in the sticks i guess
Thats why im asking...
Thats literally what everyone does..

wut does it mean tho

I wanna be femdom'd anyway

Yeah go check on it when you see sparks flying a dork then beat their ass to death before they can win

i think the pokemon that are not the "commons" for the area have a timer on how long they will stay in the area, seems to be about 10 to 15 minutes from what i have experienced

Someone gimme a place in NY that they are near or close to and I will tell you what Pokemon are nearby.

He's basically describing a sort of manual triangulation. Picture yourself as the center point of a compass, move out in each cardinal direction, confirming each time whether the target footprints shift. If they do, narrow it down by repeating the procedure, otherwise, follow another cardinal direction.

Central Perk

>I wanna be femdom'd
Its exactly the opposite.
Cute pale slim chicks with chokers and stuff that are into bdsm and want you to be their master (daddy)

>this is his secret method
>how literally everyone tracks a pokemon
>how you are literally meant to follow a mon
>the entire player base does this
>secret method

Sometimes my avatar just wonders around when not moving and can access other pokestops/increase egg movement. Any idea what causes this? Would be nice if i can hatch my eggs this way.

sorry senpai, i havent noticed being able to interact with the balls after a toss so i think its a no but someone said they did it so guess you gotta just try it out

Rumors and lies have told me that everywhere has the same thing it just depends on your trainer level