/simg/ - Simulation Games General

You let it die again edition
>>/148025575/

A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

=====

>TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

>Experimental website
nogf.moe/simg/

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Planefag pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E

=====

>Example of welcome games
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X

>Example of non-welcome games
Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/play/eBa3y
youtu.be/2jAnpFtWWuo?t=1712
strawpoll.me/10724001
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

oops

Is that a trainer MiG-23?

god's tank

webmshare.com/play/eBa3y

ofc

>you let it die.

Veeky Forums wouldn't even let me post the captcha was completely broken for me in the last thread.

>thread dies
I literally can't stop laughing

> 104th

>F-15s are hard to use.
t.104th "40 year old manchild" Maverick

>maverick shat on me and im still butthurt
You guys are amazing

Quick, claim your planefu

>Filename

Is that the one where we flew with a literal retard who had his radar on the entire flight while sitting directly on our ass, and then wasn't able to warn us when he him self was locked from behind?

That shit was bad. All 4 of us got killed, but it wasn't Maverick.

Maverick is the one that is always full throttle, full stick deflection, on the edge of blacking out at all times.

If you watch his blue flag videos, he flies directly towards people, barrel rolls and dumps countermeasures and it works.

Back when blue flag lagged even worse, he was literally unhittable. GCI said he would watch all 20 missiles completely fail to track.

Also Holy fuck. 90% of the thread is deleted? This is one sorry ass general jesus christ. Can we just let it go?

>the entire a-10 fleet was expected to only last 2 weeks at most

>le aim120 meme

>reddit spacing

This general is done for

These are the first posts I see getting deleted in this sorry excuse of a general in a matter of half a year if not more. What is going on.

Don't shitpost

Without "shitposting" this "general" would never stay up for more than 5 minutes.

That's pure gold coming from a general that is 80% shitposts and life support bumps, 15% bitching about DCS and 5% actual discussion.

Right now the only shitposts ITT is posts complaining about shitposting.

Stop doing that and contribute instead.

>inb4 choose your planefu
>imagedump of the same old shitty aircraft
>da bois posting
Just let this general die for good.

t. that one faggot from the TS everyone loves to hate that says "I literally never shitposted in my whole life"

t. Shitposter who's buttmad the mod removed his shitposting

>be custard
>shitpost and encourage shitposting
>finally get called out
>blame it all on someone else
>I-I'm innocent it is YOU who are shitposting
Not surprising if you give TS admin to literal 12yr olds.

remember to empty your pylons on RTB, there might be stealth american planes hiding on them.

t. Craig
Not that I disagree that Custard deserves to be tarred and plumed, but still

>implying I haven't given up on this place
I wont be posting here anymore

So this is how simg dies huh. In a sudden flurry of shit posting about shit posting.

So, can we finally move on? Where should we migrate? I hate shilling the steam group but I think everyone should join it only for the ops announcements, and then we could have a discord or something to chill and play ops in.

I like the people here, I like flying ops, I like laughing about shit, but the thread sucks. It's too slow and shit as fuck.
Full of people holier than thou because they don't play with 4chins(even tho they browse it lmao)

>not using the edit

I'm one of those faggots that you despite so much that frequents this general and never played with the TS, not because of sense of superiority but rather time constraints. Now that I have free I still won't play with you either, as you demonstrated in the thread AND outside of it that you're a bunch of autistic children. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks it like that, especially after some of you went "you TS faggots exist just for keeping the thread alive during ops".

*you non-TS faggots/faggots that don't go in the TS

This.
I never felt like the TS regulars could coordinate a decent mission without sperging out and memeing their childish shit.
The BMS ops were good tho. Everyone was mature and we accomplished the missions. Wish that would come back.

>he literally gave me bad forum rep because I find the F-15 boring in DCS and that means I have no skill

you mean more like
>non ts fags pretending to be ts fags shitposting

The only people who are unwelcome in the TS are complete spergs like Kerri. So what does that make you?

How often do you stop by? We had a well coordinated DCS op last night with F-15 CAP A-10C strike and KA-50 support. Then we had guy on the ground in Abrams marking positions.

None of that happens though, stop lying. You are literally making things up.

The BMS crowd was literally the same DCS ops regulars.

>he knows who the TS fags by posts in the thread
>he has made his judgement of the TS because one shutter memes in the blue flag thread and server.

Like I said, hollier than thou. Nothing of value will be lost when this thread dies.

>one shutter memes in the blue flag thread and server
It wasn't just "one shitter" and we all know it.

>Nothing of value will be lost when this thread dies.
I'll have to agree with you on that one. Good riddance.

fun ops

Really? Because the orignal BMS missions were only people from outside. The first few missions literally had 0 people from TS in it.

Also
>we da bois screenshots litter the entire thread
>people getting banned for memeing
>we are innocent!
I am sick and tired of lying kids like yourself.

Lol you mean memers sperging?

Lmao TS faggs in suicide watch btfo

All u play is dcs vs ai, fucking scrubs.
I play 104th, where true skill is shown.

Get fucking bodied.

It's just one guy, the thread stayed at a steady 12 IP's during his posts.
unfortunately it looks like his constant shitposting topic of MUH TS CANCER finally killed this place

>TS fags did nothing wrong
Yeah, no.

Also if the number of posters doesn't change it means everyone could be shitposting. You can't deduce from that how many people actually do it.

>"I would never play with TS fags, fuck that"
>goes to the thread everyday to watch TS ops webms
>shit posts about TS fags killing the thread

How can one person be this cucked.

There is literally no reason for you to be here, except to bump the thread when we play ops. Sorry bump cuck.

>implying anyone watches your stupid boring webms
>implying this is what cuck means
Good job outing yourself as one of the 12yr old TS shitters. Did you drop out of high school yet?

Sorry cuck, I can't post for a couple hours.

Keep bumping the thread for me tho. You're doing great.

>mommy wont let me use the computer until i finish my homework

This is literally one guy arguing with himself. I mean Jesus Christ it's so blatant.
>this is what kills /simg/
kinda sad desu I wish I could put the thread a couple months back in time, to when this place was the shit.

>a couple months back in time
>rampant Greg shitposting

So why do most servers have combined arms disabled for most of their missions? Is it just because of the horrible netcode? Or are they afraid of someone driving an Abrams onto an airfield and shooting up the place?

That was all custard though.

No, the Greg shitposting is what doomed /simg/ from the start, then you cancerous fucks managed to drive away almost everyone that wasn't part of your shitty clique with other forms of shitposting. You made your own bed, now lie in it.

Your like the only one who cares about this stuff and you beat it like a dead horse thread after thread. I'm not sure what happened to make you go on a personal crusade against the TS. You complain about shitposting like you care about the thread and yet your here acting like a jackass scaring everyone away.....

>every post I don't like is just one person

t. Maverick

Anyone?

>thread is literally the TS fags who keep it propped up and one angry(very blatant) same fagging shitposter who hates the TS
>he thinks he can hide behind Anonymous

Why cant we just forget about arguing about the TS and anything related for the sake of the thread?

Because the thread is attended by only the TS fags and five unrelated people tops at this point and the TS fags can just use a private steam groups for announcing ops? You had even people from the TS saying that.

We like to keep the thread up to bring more people in.

>B-17 The Mighty 8th
>Released 2000
>Dynamic Campaign
>Crew Customization
>Bomber briefing videos
>Detailed clickable cockpit in a 20th century videogame

Why the fuck are simulators nowadays so low-effort? Fuck man, the early 2000's and late 90's were the shit for sims.

>never ever another B-17 sim

youtu.be/2jAnpFtWWuo?t=1712

Did my post, the one you replied to mean anything to you? Nobody wants to see discussion of the TS, anyone with a brain can see that its killing the thread. Just drop it. People here obviously care about the thread enough to argue about it. So how about both side just drop the shit flinging because to be honest both sides are acting like children in the thread.
/rant
Whats your favorite plane senpai?

Every simulator but ED ones have dynamic campaign.

F-20 Tigershark
Best fighter that never was

The recent IL-2 ones are kinda shitty though, to be honest. Even as someone who kinda likes Battle of Stalingrad, it just throws some planes in the sky at some random spot and your missions don't really affect anything.

Seriously, why has ED not at least attempted a dynamic campaign generator yet? This shit isn't new technology

>Did my post, the one you replied to mean anything to you
No. This general turned into hot garbage months ago. Let it die a dignified death.

>Bump cuck is still at it

What a hard worker.

Looking back the probably could have sold more tiger sharks than F-16

OPS WHEN

NONE OF MY FUCKING FRIENDS PLAY ANYMORE BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL ON VACATION REEEE

>click on video
>first thing I see is a menu that is an office

I miss that. I love when games do that kind of thing. Last one I can remember doing that is Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.

It might be a nostalgia overload, but I for some reason remember playing some super old school flight sim where you actually walked around from the briefing room to the hanger.

I might be totally making it up and/or it was just a childhood dream, but I swear I thought it was real. I think it was an F-22 game.

>downloading Falcon 4.0 off of GOG because I want to get back into BMS
>look at files
>Falcon Gold comes with a MiG-29_reference.pdf
>explain???????
>its the cockpit and keybinds for the MiG-29 in Falcon 3.0

Was the fucking Fulcrum flyable in Falcon 3.0?? Holy shit.

I only played 4.0, but that sounds bad ass.

>you will never fly a 100 player online BMS dynamic campaign with flyable Nork MiG-29's vs US and Korean F-16's that lasts for weeks.

>you will never flya good dynamic campaign removing god planes and kebab

WHY LIVE

You can try to fly for Egypt in the Israel campaign

btw I say try because you'll be flying against F-16's and F-15's that all have AIM-120's.

The best you get is the AIM-7.
Its literally hard mode. Its fucking impossible, but its fun if you like the underdog type shit.

Also you at least fly the F-16, which is the only "good" plane in BMS.

Since /simg/ is ded as fuck, and just doesn't have enough actual content to sustain its self, would you guys rather stay in this thread...

or

Migrate to a Discord server where we can chill, post plens, discuss shit, play ops, all that good shit.

Discord is free, and I already have a channel made. You can idle in there forever if you want. Post what ever you want in the chat, etc.

You wouldn't have to chill in a TS owned by furries, and you wouldn't have to check this horrible place just to find out if ops are happening.

The choice is yours.
please respond

strawpoll.me/10724001
strawpoll.me/10724001
strawpoll.me/10724001

>Since /simg/ is ded as fuck...
Yeah, simulation games have been quiet the past few weeks but we've been having a fuckton of DCS ops.

>Migrate to a Discord server where we can chill, post plens, discuss shit, play ops, all that good shit
So you mean the /simg/ thread except even more circlejerky?

>You wouldn't have to chill in a TS owned by furries
If you don't like chilling in a TS, then simply don't. whether it's owned by a furry or not makes absolutely no difference.

> you wouldn't have to check this horrible place just to find out if ops are happening.
Most major ops are pre-scheduled and posted in the /fsg/ group.

About some of the voting options:
>Make a new, non-dead steam group

Current group has a lot of users. If you'd like a moderator position with the possibility of posting events, announcements, etc to try and revive it, hit me up on steam Pie.

We've had a bunch of splits in the past when we were only /fsg/, and the current main group is the one that's actually the most alive out of the 2 or 3 others.

Also, if you'd like to publish your Discord channel/server so it gets posted in the OP, pastebins and whatnot, just post it here.

This.
That poster who start the thread is only making thing worse.
Literally just stop discussing TS drama in the thread. That's all it takes.

I would like even minor ops to be announced in the steam group, so I don't have to come here anymore.

Started the poll*

That's a hard thing to do considering anyone can host a minor ops and providing everyone with moderator on the group would be a shitfest.

For now, the easiest way to go at this, besides posting "OPS HAPPENING" in the thread, at least in my opinion, is to have the main guys who make/host ops as moderators in the group and give them event/announcement making privileges.

Idle in TS. Minor ops happen on the fly.

Why aren't you flying the God's helicopter, /simg/?

>literally shot down by Vietnamese """"people""""

I don't want to idle there though.

Just make the like 5-6 people who are in the TS every single day admins of the steam group, and have who ever is on make an announcement, even if its small ops.

Boom. Problem solved. You'll get more people for ops, and we won't be "ts cancer" anymore because its no longer a circlejerk.

and i wont have to check this and filter through shit every hour of the day in hope of not missing ops.

They just didn't Agent Orange them hard enough t b h

Okay we get it can you stop now.