/pgg/ Pokemon Go General

>About the game
pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

>What is it?
Pokemon Go can be described simply as the Geocaching of Pokemon. Grab your smartphone, get some exercise, catch some mons, battle some people - the usual Pokemon gig.

>Some questions answered
pastebin.com/spEFYmPw
Feel free to add more to the pastebin, keep it in the OP though.

Basic info:
As you traverse the real world, as represented on the in-game map, you'll occasionally run into tufts of rustling grass. Approaching these will end with a Pokémon appearing on the map, and clicking on it will initiate a battle.

Battles aren't between two Pokémon, though. They're between a Pokémon and your ability to swipe a Poké Ball in their direction. When you engage a Poké Ball, a colored ring will appear around the opponent. These change in size after each capture attempt. Throwing a Ball during a smaller window seems to be more effective, based on our time with the game, but that's a part we're still trying to figure out.
Going near water will attract water Pokémon. Playing at night brings out more nocturnal creatures, like Clefairy and Gastly.
Hatching Eggs: Each Egg displays the number of kilometers you must walk for the Egg to hatch. In general, the more kilometers required, the rarer the Pokémon that will hatch. A notification will appear when the Egg has hatched.
Make sure you have the Pokémon GO app open while you walk. Kilometers walked when the Pokémon GO app is closed won’t count toward hatching your Eggs.
Gyms: Fight at your team's gym to train and increase it's reputation. Fight at other team's to decrease their reputation. Tap your opponent to hit them, swipe left or right to dodge attacks, once one or more blue bars are filled, tap and hold to power up your secondary attack, release when the smaller blue bar fills up. Take over other teams' gyms and put your mons in to defend them.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/M5LDO
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PAoPtbQdz92DOAQIOldESwosK_Y3XwUxZzWssuyWa10/edit#gid=0
anker.com/products/B1372014
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also, here are some wallpapers.
>imgur.com/a/M5LDO

First for Mystic Master race.

What's the point of pokemon size?

to know which ones have the biggest dicks

Boring OP pic

>just got my first eevee-lution
i feel so left behind

Reckful is streaming PoGo, get in here

twitch dot tv/reckful
twitch dot tv/reckful
twitch dot tv/reckful

This looks like it will be so fun

bump limit is 750, newfag

Daily reminder that Team Mystic are reddit sperglords and pewdiepie kids

wew,

thank you based user

MAGNEMITES WHERE

Question: Is AR mode worth using, or should I just turn it off? Sometimes I see funny pictures like a pokemon sitting on a trash can or someones dinner plate. Does the game automatically try to do stuff like this or does it just happen at random?

why cant you stream driving on twitch now, is that new?

Reckful happy again FeelsGoodMan

didn't someone get one out of an egg?

I heard the cause for pokemons getting stuck when catching is not having AR on so maybe. You'll look like a creep though.

AR makes it easier to catch them and uses less battery.

AR is fun for about 5 minutes

>mfw they are somewhere near my house all the time
>still not found one

soon I will find their hiding place, then an OP Magneton will be mine!

old thread hasn't hit bump limit, get back here

I just got my first

Old hasn't hit bump limit

>AR is fun for about 5 minutes

Honestly? I hope so because my phone camera is a bit fucked up and its difficult to get anything in focus half the time. Hopefully im not missing out on much.

I did as well. Shit CP

who's server is down too?

>live next to a state park
>walking path that runs along a river
> "hell yes, probably going to be rolling in pokemon and water types"
>there's fucking nothing for miles and miles
> 0 water types

I was honestly expecting parks to be like safari zones

Some user said he still had problems after testing with AR on.

Was the first sentence supposed to say "No AR"? Because AR probably uses more battery and makes them harder to catch

>tfw there's been at least 1 lure up at my work pretty much all day so I can catch mons all day w/o having to go anywhere

Thanks random people

Old hasn't hit bump limit

I've seen like 4 near my house, all are 3 paw prints though

Hope to find one that's 1-2 paw prints

Will they eventually implement changing your avatar or should you just make a new account? I don't want to make accounts I won't use but if it's unlikely that they'll change it..

>Was the first sentence supposed to say "No AR"? Because AR probably uses more battery and makes them harder to catch

yeah, sorry.

Any OreGOnians?
Medfordfag here, the local PD are fucking us, goddamn Mystics

>walk through popular neaby park
>follow a trial that goes out onto a shallow marsh
>expect to find some karp or cool water mons
>rattata and pidgey

Of course

FUCK IT'S TOO AWKWARD ICAN'T STAND WATCHING HIM EXPLAIN THE GAME TO PEOPLE IN THE STREET

HOW DO PEOPLE JUST TALK TO EACH OTEHR LIKE THAT WHAT THE FUCK IT'S TERRIBLE

Anyone see this yet? A friend showed me it.

Has anyone attempted to go full Joey and get a Rattata in the top fucking percent?

I'm suffering from an almost gamebreaking bug. Every time I hit a pokemon with a pokeball the ball just stays there on the ground. Basically, every time I try to catch something I have to restart the app, not knowing if the capture succeeded or not. anyone else has this?

West Linn / Tualatin here
found a magikarp hole with charmanders and bunch of pokes tops near by. gonna farm this for the day

Occasionally

Can you drop 2km if you have them all?

probably bullshit

Well, it happened to me every time today, so I guess I'm fucked.

I hatched porygon from 5km egg

nah u have to hatch eggs

got a horsea from 10k

eggs give ten candies
so that's p nice if you're tryin to evolve your starters

There is a medal for getting Rattatas that are of a certain status so I catch each one I see

>in park with 2 lures
>12 people + me and brother all hanging out (some mingling)
>someone shouts "GO TEAM MYSTIC"
>instinct kicks in
"TEAM VALOR MASTER RACE"
>4 more follow suit
I love my city

For all pokemon types for what?

Thanks user bro

What Team is Veeky Forums?

>Instinct kicks in
>Not team Instinct

Guess you picked the wrong team nigguh

best place to spoof pogo?

Instinct

It went down 20 minutes before I finished work.

>can't play no more because my 4G is now 4G+ and won't connect me to server

Wow

Is the km counter fucked? I walk for like 5 km and get maybe 2.

ONLY GYM LEADERS ARE ALLOWED TO REPLY TO THIS POST

POST YOUR CAPTURES BROS

fucking kek
that took me a second

wat

I live in a rural area and this game was fun until I ran out of pokeballs.

It turns out that the closest pokestop is 7 miles away, and the nearest gym is 9 miles away at an entrance to a state park.

Did a 20 mile hike through some of the trails in the park and saw only 4 pokemon. They really need to add more pokemon to state parks.

I don't even know what to do now. Can I e-mail them and ask them if they could make the few houses around me into pokestops? My nearest neighbor is about a mile or so down the road.

Rural America is awful for Pokemon Go :(

Can you switch to 3 g?

Don't let your phone fall asleep

You can try. But it's not going to happen.

>only level 10

Settle down junior.

nah its because its based on your gps signal, if its spotty you're not going to get all the miles

10 candies for the specific pokemon that you hatched.

Hope for shit like Pidgeys -> Evolve them with the bonus candy from hatching -> earn EXP -> Gain trainer levels.

>tfw when my group active shits on people from other teams.

One showed up at a Lure stop for me yesterday.

Also, am Valor.

Should have played ingress two years ago bro

I didn't. I even set the time out to 30 mins.

ok, fuck.

Mystic

Well that sucks. I can't really enjoy online games because the internet around here sucks dick. Was really looking forward to this game.

>I also live next to a creek which runs up to a park
>I went to the park and there were like 20 people there all catch pokemon
>people kept putting down lures next to the pokestops so to pokemon kept on coming
>I talked to some folks and found out about some more spots from them

Mfw this game let's me make friends in a natural way

Too bad even small towns here have 3-4 stops and a arena. You need only 2 spots with a 5 minute walk between.

>have LG Wine
>need to carry it open in my hand all the time

Fuck.

If I upgrade the gym, can I stick 4 pokes in there or is it one poke per player per gym?

hey guys i did a meme:
>bae: "come over im horny"
>me: "ok baby omw"
>bae; "hurry up"
>me: "sorry found a pikachu on pokemon go"

rate my meme!

Just found someone posted this: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PAoPtbQdz92DOAQIOldESwosK_Y3XwUxZzWssuyWa10/edit#gid=0
Idk if you guys want to contribute to it but could end up being helpful with more data.

The energy saving modus works for me. Activate it and hold the phone down.

I don't have a gyroscope in my samsung A5....

Not 100% fun.

What's a good power bank to travel as I play PokeGO and to have a backup power in general, Anons? Was thinking of getting pic related. It's for 20$ or so on Amazon.

you are asking Veeky Forums to mess with a reddit doc, what the fuck is wrong with you

People keep recommending Anker

Get an Anker

Best brand

This is top of the line anker shit
It's currently out of stock or something though so you'll have to wait like me if you want it
anker.com/products/B1372014

>Let's fuck up all their work
>epic win!!!

"Can't evolve due to an unknown error"

What does this mean and how can I fix it?

>ingress map thing is fucked because of mapquest

Try again will fix it.

>get home
>connect my phone to the charger
>after 2 hours realize the usb cable isn't connected to the charger

CAN I JOIN THE YELLOW TEAM NOW?

Damn, Anker is pretty awesome actually, it's a shame it's sold out. Thanks guys.

There's no such option, only "ok".

Tried catching a pokemon and the game just said "error" so I think all of this is just because the servers are borderline melting

FUCK YOYU INGRESSMAP

Do you earn coins or whatever by just playing? I'm tempted to use an incense since I'm out in the middle of nowhere, but I don't wanna waste a non-renewable resource.

only if you take over a gym

How do battles work in this game? I saw someone and it looked like they just tapped on the screen really fast or something.

change the map then? You can pick Google maps

I just googled something like "pokemon go data statistics" to see if anything like this existed, so I don't care too much what people do to someone else's doc that can easily have edgy vandalism changes reverted and access locked.

QT SPOTTED