/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/libretro/mupen64plus-libretro/commit/e52afbb8aac20b6215950a2e96eb89f08c71f0d3
youtube.com/watch?v=jOyfZex7B3E
youtube.com/watch?v=81LE_NHAf7o
youtube.com/watch?v=6o47N-aYd08
wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=MAME
libretro.com/index.php/first-ever-revolutionary-n64-vulkan-emulator-coming-soon-only-for-libretro-parallei/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't know how people stand native res

Oh shit, we actually got a thread to the bump limit. I'm proud of us.

Like it or not, dev shitposting is what keep us alive

It's the lack of dithering that bothers me the most.

Should have used these absurd ultra high resolution renderings of MGS as the OP.

This guy is so distorted he becomes a midget.

Post your most disgusting image

That distortion effect doesn't work at all and should be removed.

Also, can you use Win95 in Dosbox? Like could you set it up to connect to the internet?

Well, he DID say post a disgusting image.

And yes, Win9x does work on DOSBox. It can be pretty slow, though, and you need a special build to play some advanced Windows games, especially if they use DirectX or Glide, as well as networking.

I personally like running Windows 3.11 on it better. It's comfier and works without a hitch.

/emugen/ - drama circlejerk

looking good. i can taste a little bit of puke in the back of my throat.

>Also, can you use Win95 in Dosbox?
You can, but why not just set up a proper virtual machine?

>Robotron

Is that a predecessor to Robobot? I didn't know there were Kirby games on PC.

Am I doing it right?

To the user who posted that awesome Sega Saturn hacking video as the previous thread was dying: thank you. _That_ was interesting quality content.

Yes.

Post it here fag

Is that Minecraft DLC?

Aww yeah those buttpants

Literally nothing wrong with it

Sorry I don't have many disgusting images. It's just high-res and scanlined and I think majorly oversaturated.

>1080p

That's not interger.

>composite

Is that maister? Because I always felt that thing was x2 worse than it should be.

That looks fucking beautiful, can it actually run during gameplay or is it just one of those intensive filters for stills?

Any kind of blur-using shaders don't care about integer ratio, it makes basically no difference. It matters for NN.

it's using a CRT shader as well numb nuts.

>Is that maister? Because I always felt that thing was x2 worse than it should be.

Composite looks right. S-video just needed the scale increased to make it sharper.

>That's not interger.
Pretty sure we had this discussion in the previous thread. It's intentional. You can't achieve that slotmask look with integer scaling.

6% deadzones

The scanlines are non-existent though. The settings for that were optimized for 1080p or higher, integer scale makes it too small.

github.com/libretro/mupen64plus-libretro/commit/e52afbb8aac20b6215950a2e96eb89f08c71f0d3

It begins.

youtube.com/watch?v=jOyfZex7B3E

HABBENING

Thanks user, that was me.

And yes i'm actually quite excited with that, the guy name dropped Yabause at the end and the first thing he said when asked about the short term consequences were: emulation, whit that the Saturn is not a black box anymore this could lead to much better emulation.

Can't wait.

The best part of that movie is the bushy eyebrows, fucking ruined with butter

Too intensive for real time use, unfortunately

Based "Tiny Tiger"

N64 emulation is finally becoming viable

youtube.com/watch?v=81LE_NHAf7o

Shame there's still no emulator for R-Zone. Maybe this is my calling to stop being a filthy end-user.

oh god. if it wasn't already disturbing enough. this is truly horrifying.

>SEGA
youtube.com/watch?v=6o47N-aYd08

That's pretty cool. It reminded me that I don't understand why the PSIO folks didn't go that route for their module. Their current approach requires a bunch of soldering and different switchboards for different consoles.

If instead they had gone to the CD-replacement route the installation would be trivial, there's just a small ribbon cable and a power connector.

Now of course you'd lose the ability to play from disc but given that a PSIO costs around 10 times more than a used PSX it's not really a big deal IMO. I also seem to recall that the compatibility of the PSIO is pretty bad currently, although I don't know if it's because of software bugs that can be fixed or hard limitations coming from their architecture.

Now the payware can begin

;)

I don't know if they wanted to the same but at first they claimed that the PSIO would be a solderless experience.
Then later on, they had to change that for some reason or another.
But tbphwymf, I don't like the idea of having to remove the CD/DVD drive. Even if it's obsolete/useless by such devices.
And I hope that the guy doesn't go that route.

Anyone know if the desmume netplay is any good?

I'm interested in trying to get Jump Ultimate Stars netplay working.

How can I play Haunted Castle with save states? Do I have to emulate the ps2 version? Is it Japanese only? Is there a retroarch or standalone option to play the arcade version? Mame? I've never used Mame but I read that it doesn't support save states?

I wonder if the expected wobble is the same for all Saturn discs? Or, alternately, if there are only a few valid wobble values?

MAME has save states. Play the JP version too, as it's more fair.

which mame? this is confusing
wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=MAME
> MAME
>MAME 2000
>MAME 2003
>MAME 2010
>MAME 2014

>tbphwymf

wat?

>I don't like the idea of having to remove the CD/DVD drive. Even if it's obsolete/useless by such devices.

Why not? It's much easier than soldering crap on the main board and if you want a clean PSX to play discs you can just buy one used for super cheap. I'm sure you should be able to find PSX with a busted CD drive basically for free.

Of course a completely non-invasive flash cart would be best but as far as we know it's simply impossible for those consoles.

>tbphwymf
to be perfectly honest with you my friend?

It's the first time I see this initialism.

just guessing

tbphwymf = to be perfectly honest with you my senpai

And yes, you are correct. But that's the reason. I want to have a PSX that _looks_ clean. And replacing the drive would definitely not do that, since you know. Once you open up it's missing.
Having to buy a second PSX is just a waste of money and space (even if it doesn't take much of both but still is).
I'd rather solder the shit out of it that's hidden under the plastic.
Same reason why I've never modded a console for extra shit, like a SNES with a region switch. Because that'd irreparably damage the shell.
My autism wouldn't allow this.

What's wrong with that one, besides being mirrored?
Just looks like a standard bilinear filter. Looks pretty much like what I use.

I feel your pain user
I too fell for the F310 meme

no emulation of hardware like the soundblaster

Replacing the drive is completely reversible though, and the module might be entirely hidden in the shell which would be invisible when the console is closed. Soldering hacks are much less elegant IMO.

But I guess I understand the appeal of having a fully functional console instead of a frankensteined one.

It's just that at its current price I don't understand who could justify buying a PSIO. You need to be a pirate who plays so many PSX games that the PSIO is less expensive than a pile of CD-Rs and a modchip and cares about accuracy enough not to use an emulator but not enough to pass on the CD-emulation of the PSIO.

For homebrew devs (all 5 of them) there are much cheaper alternatives, albeit maybe not quite as convenient once everything is setup.

Have you experienced the true suffering of F-Zero GX on it yet?

No, I've given up entirely trying to play 3D games with it

I just use it to play 2D games on it, since the dpad isn't too bad

Anybody tried emulating Crash Team Racing using Rearmed an a RPi2?
It worked for me at first, no it just hangs after first two title screens

libretro.com/index.php/first-ever-revolutionary-n64-vulkan-emulator-coming-soon-only-for-libretro-parallei/

#n64dev eat your heart out :)

it's finally happening

>tfw it's pretty accurate if you replace iTunes with HDTV
>tfw no face

holy fuck, this is real?
jesus

It's perfectly accurate, the screenshot on the left is taken from the iTunes encode (aka "WEB-DL") while the right is from the muh filters BD.

This isn't themaister's plugin, is it?

It is. He's going under an alias for this release. He does work for a big enterprise, after all, and he probably doesn't want his name officially attached to an emulator project that uses NDA'd docs.

I'm fucking hyped. I don't even care that it won't be MUH HD.

Now, if only the core bugs in Mupen64Plus that prevent it from booting several games could be fixed...

libretro
@libretro
World's first Low Level Emulation N64 Vulkan renderer will soon be released. Libretro-exclusive, first async compute emulation ever, etc.

is this nice?

I'm sure it will be great like PPSSPP and MAME cores. I'm sure he wont quickly get bored and start working on another snes core or refactor RA code just because.

>is this nice
for everyone who plays n64 gaems
nobody

Considering he didn't make this, I'm not sure how it matters what he does or does not do beyond merging it in.

SP and others have worked on that N64 emulator for many years already, too bad for you their attention goes there instead of a hacky emulator for a handheld with no games. MAME works fine, the one tracking latest git revisions goes to shit occasionally because upstream for some reason needs to reinvent the wheel every couple of months.

You can keep playing your PS2, babby. No one's taking it from you just because decent N64 emulation finally is happening.

MAME is shit, bro, too much overhead for cash registers rather than vidya games

It's amazing how far the libretro team has gone. They went from just being emulator porters to emulator developers. Now they are releasing emulators that are better than the emulators they originally forked from.

>to emulator developers

Lets not get carried away.

And I'm sure you, mikeryan, need to not have your fee fees hurt by people not praising cen64.

Oh wait, people already do that. Now time for me to go back to my one person hugbox.

Anyone able to get Mortal Kombat running on the PSP MAME4ALL?

The one with no suffix is latest SVN, the other are a collection of various versions from different point in time as shown by the number, some older version run way better with minimal problems so that's why they're here.

Generally stick to MAME or MAME 2014 especially if you're using the archive.org set, use others if you know what you're doing.

PSIO
>SD card only, 32GB max
>no multi track bin/cue support
>compatibility issues
I was looking forward to it too. I wouldn't mind dealing with soldering the addon PCB but I feel like some of it's limitations are deal breakers. Let's see how far FW updates will take it

The only things that bother me is the (in)compatibility list and no multi track bin/cue support as those are really important things to have done.
32GB SD card is more than enough. You can still fit almost 50 games on it (if every game were to have 700MB which most of them didn't afaik)

so, how are emulators going to deal with the 3d aspect of the 3ds? anaglyph glasses? or just rendering it as a normal game?

Is it possible to include the .sbi files inside the cue file?
Because I have two seperate folders for the .bin and .cue files (my younger autism did this and now I got used to it and don't really want to change it) and now I wanted to make a third dir with the subchannel files so I'd like to include them inside the cue file so mednafen knows where to pull them from.
Yes, I'm aware that I could simply mv *.cue ../bin but I don't want to do that.

The same way the 2DS handles it, I assume.

Very few 3DS titles actually use the 3D effect in gameplay- the only one that springs to mind is Mario 3D Land, and even that's still entirely playable in 2D mode.

3D will be the same as it is in Dolphin - or any other PC game that features 3D.

No. Should've thrown all you .cue/.bin files in a folder, then pointed to them with an .m3u file.

Is there any acceptable way to use a scanline shader? I see these "crt shaders" everywhere and everyone using them, but most of them look like utter trash. I fiddled with them myself a bunch but didn't understand the appeal so many people see. The Lottes and Easymode ones were probably the least offensive and passable of the bunch. I know emugen hates them so I'm wondering why they even exist. Is there ever an appropriate time to use one with certain monitors/set ups?

Just use whatever you want. I find a lot of the CRT effects help blur and round pixels together, while the lines break that up so it doesn't become too blurry.

Now you see, that doesn't look bad at all. Which shader is that?

I just don't understand why most of them seem to be made with the goal of distorting everything as much as possible, to the point of trying look like shit quality TVs that nobody would want to play on even back in the 80s/90s.

Around 60% of the shaders posted here are awful on purpose just because it's amusing