/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Cozmic Travel edition

Previous bread: →
We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

>Thaumcraft Golems retextured as Maids soon.
why the fuck would you do this

i want weebs to leave

Second for autism

>>i want weebs to leave
>reddit definition of weeb
>ignores board/site culture
>demands others change their ways to suit his needs

Whatever happened to that Traincraft clone?

I want good-looking trains for my long-distance hauls again dammit!

>be playing skyfactory
>start magical crops
>mfw looking through the recipes

Ancient Warfare is cool but as a tech mod is so fucking MAWPC. It´s full of magic blocks and creating the npcs is so fucking easy that you can make them at early game.

>he doesn't know

I'm so sorry, user.

dont send them there you fucker, we have enough shit to deal with

I was hoping he'd get triggered so hard he'd kill himself.

reskin/remodel railcraft train

POSTING IMAGE FOR HELP.

How to find platinum with gregtech 6 for the electrolyzer.

kill all prudes

no one here uses microcraft simulator

uninstall gregtech

Magical crops are /really/ boring.

I personally prefer fluxed crystals for my mineral farming but that mod didn't live very long.

Is there a mod that also add light blocks produce light while you have them on your hand?
I don´t have installed that mod yet I get that effect and it lagges my shit a lot.

Hey guys. I picked up Minecraft again after a year or so of not playing. Im looking for a server that I found on here before, its not in the server list.

Basically it was a 1.8 or 1.7.9 server that was survival and I think the guys hosting were Canadian.

I recall part of the address. It was mc. something craft.net. The header and ender Im almost positive on. Dont remember the server name.

I know, pretty vague but I liked the server. There were some nice people there.

But trains, user. Trains! Railcraft just doesn't cut it.

Right, because everyone can do that.

It kind of is and yes, farms are pretty fucking horrible in how they look and function, but it's not really MFR levels of mawpc at least i guess, and low-tech too, farmers going about a little farmland growing potatoes ain't triggering me as much as modern factory in the middle of a stone age
Still, what Witcheru koboldds are capable of doing?

Shaders\Dynamic Lights should do it, otherwise i have no idea

So /mcg/, I've just installed Magequest, and I've never played with Magic before. What am I in for?

Also how important is all the different plants you can find? I have a go-to seed I normally run but its a really small island at spawn, would I be fucking myself with this?

A lot of magic mods encourage travelling far and wide to get the resources you need.

Witchery (Without Crops), Thaumcraft and Mystcraft all require a whole lotta hunting.

>Magequest, and I've never played with Magic before. What am I in for?
Autism maybe?
Don't know, never heard of the mod.
Post here if it's cool

Ahhh, seedhunting it is!

I've never tried this modpack before either, I'll make sure to post updates here.

3 years and it still continues to bother me.

Why don't ticon mattocks count as proper tools for gravel/sand/clay mining?

go for the better hoes as fast as you fucking can, and get lilypads of fertility for your minicio crop fields

im in that hell too

Im sure I dont have them installed but its pretty annoying as it lowers the fps a lot.

assuming the ore gen hasn't changed, platinum spawns at 40-50. veins are generated in chunks where the x and z coordinates of the chunk, when divided by 3 would have a remainder of one, for example 34,4 or 10,79. There can only be one vein per 3x3 of chunks.

it's got an unfinished feel, but the faction system is pretty neat.

what is the enchanting table where you put items into it to get the enchant you want?

EiO enchanter

So Im looking for a server to join that isnt too big. A small tightly knit group maybe. I prefer survival with people working together for similar goals, not people crafturbating in a corner making a sprite or megastructure in an editor that everyones seen by now. Like I said people working together, trading and incentivizing without economy plugins. I like a little socializing and a natural economy.

so i'm fucked unless I find a superduperrare vein?

I believe that sheldonite is fairly common in the end, in 5 you could get it by centrifuging green saphire, olivine, and red garnet too.

oh nickel has it as a by product too, far more common than the others.

Never tried Witchery because I havent got to magic yet but AW is pretty comfy as having your npcs working all day in a village while you do other things or check that they dont fuck up something like they always do, is so cool.

The last time I actually sat down and played Minecraft for any decent amount of time was in the beta release. Why the fuck is there this weird latency to doing anything even when I'm offline now? Blocks take an extra half-second to actually break and drop shit, or they'll flicker while I'm hitting them like there's some kind of lag. That's extremely frustrating when you're not even playing online or using any sort of internet connection.

After much tears, rubber, and red alloy (thank god for forestry's workbench) I'm finally ready to move on from the LV electric age. The only thing stopping me is the electric blast furnace and my lack of a known nickel vein. Did some prospecting and found a graphite vein, so I'm set with diamonds for a while. Now I'm procrastinating and doing some minor decorations before I move from my shitshack to greener pastures.

what mod is that

GregTech 5 Unnoficial

nickel? hmmm thanks.

My RP is that I'm a space fairing colonist who crash landed on the this planet so I'm building a ship near my shack. This is going to be a reactor inside of it. Which one looks better?

fug forgot my image
You need a thermal centrifuge to get platinum btw

Here's the ship it's going in.

You can reskin the AW npcs to anything you want. Including making each one a different skin.

I never understood how to change the skins. Mind telling how?

I know. I mean that wooden box with a cow face and a rotating axl going inside it making everything inside die and their innards teleporting into the box isn't very good looking
Also can't remove those ugly bounds it seems, but whatever

So what's the latest FOTM Kitchen sink pack? and please don't break my heart and say infinity.

Theres a modpack called Crash Landing thats similar to your autistic lore.

>fast lighting
kek

Not really in love with these

what is it

Looks like a Vis Reader from automagy bound to the essentia aggregator thingy, which is reading all of his essentia storage

find nickel vein, centrifuge nickel for platinum..
I didn't need platinum until after I had made a tungsten crucible and thus gone to MV
haven't even had the need to make an electrolyzer yet..

but find a cobaltite/nickel/pentlandite vein. purified nickel dust can be centrifuged for platinum.
or better yet, hook up two batboxes to the motor powering your bronze centrifuge so that you can process cinnabar and have it output directly to the bathing pot

by handwashing impure nickel ore in mercury you get a full piece of platinum dust per crushed nickel ore

that's very good. thanks.

Gregtech 6 seems like a good technical base with a horridus designer for now

>Vis Reader from automagy
yup. Can't apparently read above 125. Not actually gonna be able to use it for what i wanna use it for. sfine i guess.

Greg is a lot like Reika, if he took his head out of his ass for ten seconds and made something technically sound he could be the god of Minecraft modding.

So, a quick update, I spawn in and the first thing I see is this.

Looks like some kind of pre-generated shack, so building a house won't be an issue for the first night or so . Let's hope that black thing isn't dangerous, and see where this takes us.

Whats so bad about Reika and Greg?

Aaaand forgot picture

We are off to a lovely start.

Might I ask what those book icons are from?

Im still stuck on how to make a path and dock in the shore where the rocks are.
Help?

The reddish one is from Sanguimancy, the plain looking one is from Magequest, and the green one is from Botania. From a casual flick through each they're a way for people new to magic mods to have an easier time getting started, with the magequest book going through the basics of Thaumcraft using various Quests.

I see, thanks.

THEY HAVE A USE GUYS

one's a furfag that thinks he's better than he is

the other's an autist that thinks he's better than he is

What use?

What Are you trying to use it for?

Is Classicube discussion allowed here?

I'm posting from mobile at the moment so I can't recall exactly how it's done but I know it's detailed in the book of a manual for the mod.

Bare with me and I'll check exactly how it's done when I get home.

Anyone know of any modded servers that allow pirated clients? I mostly just want any modpack with Galacticraft+IC2 Experimental but really anything that's cracked, isn't entirely empty, and has at least IC2 would be good.

Well honestly, probably a lot of things you like are made by people you'd likely stab repeatedly given the chance. It's better to not give a pasing hint of fuck for the person behind shit you like.
That's what i do and experience no problems. I really fucking like Reika's and FlowerChilds mods, it's like being an utter fucking autist living in his own little world is a requirement for making a good mod
Also, are dragonfags considered furries? I really had no idea but whatever

he coded a literal fursuit for his character in the core mod

What the hell is that?
Seems interesting

-Question-------------
------------ on Minecraft Pocket how does one stack items (64) rails in creative mode?

I need a chache of rails to start my realm off.

me: hey minecraft is there a tile entity at this x/y/z?
game: i dunno boss lemme do a linear search through every single tile entity i got loaded and then i'll tell ya

Which one look better for the walls of the house?

That's a dragon skin in dragonapi, which is why i'm asking

>Can't apparently read above 125.
Are you sure? I remember i had 2 jars per essentia type in my main storage back when i played with TC and i'm somewhat sure Locus was reading them properly.

Is a forestry treefarm capable of producing 5 stacks of logs per hour?

>Pocket
Leave

but why

Oh the locus can read it just fine, it's the vis reader thats shit.

The useless trash treasure cannot be inserted into an alchemical furnace. Only one stack of items fits in the hopper. The load is balanced. Many things get erased.

There is a certain irony in my nearly endless appetite for greedy chests.

Best mod in Unstable atm?
Good mods to add to unstable?

I just found an old world saved on a flashdrive from 2011.
I'm sad now.

Out of Lucrum? Preposterous!

Are the trees looking good?

reatard

>Tfw figured out infusion recipes and already fixed the purifier bug
What does hoboserb want in terms of infusion?

wheat

are you minetweaking or actual addon

Tweaker.
I'd rather it just need to be reloaded than to require a full update and restart.

breddy gud, what kind are they?

Apple Milk Tea

>place servo on fluiduct
>CTD
fug

I think the chests are plotting.

Lose a relic? :^)

I think the warp is affecting you irl.